Project Zomboid

Just want to know what everyone thinks of it. My friend showed it to me and explained it yesterday. As I understand it, there's a couple of melee weapons in at the moment, and one gun, the shotgun.

Any idea how diverse the weapons are going to get? Is this worth getting? It's only a few quid, but it's more an issue of time management for me. I have my exams now, so obviously I won't do much at first. In my holidays, I have numerous projects, such as writing, drawing, guitar practice, etc. as well as going to parties and fucking strangers, then drinking heavily because I can't meet anyone I genuinely connect with. Then, obviously working!

My point is that I also have a few games on my roster to get down to. Fallout 3 (which I never got to play as my original copy was stolen) and Bullet Storm (the miracle of sound song makes it sound like some good ol' silly fun! Anyway, I just want to know if this is worth adding to the pile. Will I still be coming back to this game weeks, or months later?

Edit: I've bought it. Seems very cool, but I won't have much time to devote to it until the holidays. Which is probably for the best. Apparently there's a big update soon, so I'll be able to enjoy that.

I was going to get it but after the data theft the progress of updates seems to have slowed to a new crawl.

I can wait for release.

I'd say you should get it. I tried the demo (pretty long time ago) and I can easily say that it was a quite intriguing experience. I do think that it has/had (again, I don't know about the current state) some problems like a kinda clumsy inventory system and annoying balancing issues (realism vs. fun), but it is a really interesting game.

Matthew94:
I was going to get it but after the data theft the progress of updates seems to have slowed to a new crawl.

I can wait for release.

data theft?

The fuck? Explain, please.

Binnsyboy:

Matthew94:

I can wait for release.

data theft?

The fuck? Explain, please.

A while back one of their laptops was stolen along with the most recent build which happened to be quite long in the making. I don't think they had back it up fully too so it took them a while to get it sorted out.

Since then updates have looked to have slowed but they are still working at it.

http://pressxordie.com/2011/10/16/the-project-zomboid-theft-and-collateral-damage/

At the very least it is a very interesting project, and really what I have been looking for in a zombie game, survival which is awesome, even if things have slowed down a bit I consider my money very well spent.

Cant really say if YOU should buy it, as I dont know your tastes, but I can say with 100% certainty that I have never regretted purchasing it.

It has great concepts, presented in typically low-budget fashion.

You aren't going to see these sort of ideas in many AAA releases, that's for sure. I mean, a game where you just try to survive for as long as possible? I think that's brilliant, but the big publishers will just scoff.

The trade off here is grahics and mechanics, both if which are nothing special. Still, it's cheap...

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked