Games that genuinely make you angry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

X10Unit1:

kickyourass:
So far only Too Human is the only game that makes me legitimately angry, I mean the first hour or so is actually pretty nice, it has an interesting control scheme and I like the idea of Cybernetic Viking Gods. But than all the horribleness starts creeping into your attention, the atrocious healing system (you can't store healing items, they only drop in significant numbers when you don't barely need them, and the only class that can heal itself heals at a rate that would make glacial shifts look hypersonic) and the associated death sequence, the embarrassingly useless ranged weapons, the teeth scrapping slow movement speed and a plot that is too thinly spread to offer even an ounce of engagement. It makes me really angry mostly because that first bit works so nicely that it feels like some filthy lie once you get further into it!

Or the fact that the demo was a quarter of the game. The story???? There was a story? There were conversations but nothing I would consider a story.

That game made me more mad at myself because I was super excited for the game, got several other friends to preorder it and play it with me, and then the major disappointment made me look like an idiot for not only paying full price but for also duping my friends into buying it too.

Ohh yeah there was story, it's just extremely dull, and they spread it out so much that in the time it took for me to get to one 'story' cutscene, I'd barely remember what happened in the last one because nothing even slightly memorable happens.

ExileNZ:

Azuaron:
SNIP

I was already 3/4 the way through, and all my points were in low-tech weapons, computers, electronics, and lockpicking. Not the mix you want at the end game.

Sure it is - you can knock out just about any non-mech from behind and for anyone else you can use the dragon's tooth. Just use thermal camo and bob's your auntie.

Wait, you were playing stealth, right?

I was playing stealth until I got bored, turned on god mode, and massacred everybody. ;-)

I have a new one. Return to Castle Wolfenstein. There are so many bullshit enemies in that game. The lopers are ridiculous, that can leap huge distances and their AOE attack is huge and can sometimes hit you through walls. The flame thrower troopers....that flame thrower has boss range and you can't see anything when they hit you. Then there's super soldier, with his insta-hit lightning gun what knocks you back and rocket launcher, and the bloody scientist who pop out and shoot you while you're busy dodging the super soldier....took me an hour to beat that bastard, and there was much wailing, nashing of teeth and banging on armrests. I wouldn't mind slapping whoever designed that arena. there is but one piece cover, the health and armour are out in the open so you will probably lose most of it getting back to your only piece of cover.

Then there is some of the game mechanics. The STEN overheat is just stupid, especially the disconnect caused when it happens in the snow after a few rounds. The hurt animations that happen sometimes often look very much like death animations. A number of times I've died because the guy I was shooting at went into what I thought was a death animation, only for him to get back up and shoot me after I've turned my attention to something else. Many of the levels are very dark, I ended up turning the brightness all the way up after one too many times getting stuck because the way out was hidden in a pile of black.

That game makes me rage so hard in ways the first one didn't, but dammit I'm going to bloody minded and finish it. At least it only cost me $3.50

Edit: The opening sequence got my inner history nerd in a twist. If its 933AD, Heinrich would NOT, I repeat NOT be wearing Gothic plate. Hadn't the art guys ever seen a picture of the Bayeux Tapestry? That's a hundred years in the future, but it'd give them an idea of what a well equipped knight would look like in that time period. Not wearing armour that hadn't been invented yet.

Oh, and the super secret rocket plane? Of the 2 really cool jet designs they had designed as scenery they chose this. That thing was not some super advanced rocket fighter, it was literally a rocket with a man strapped to it,a substitute for SAM's because of problems getting guidance systems working. It's job was to zoom up, unleash its payload and parachute down. The Me163 would have been a better choice for a fighter, though neither would have the fuel to get to Malta.....it's like they didn't do their research or something!

Dead Rising 2: Sells on being Sandbox...has a mission timer that effects your fun. Bleh

Also Dark Souls. Was it me but I doubt the epic hero in a quest can roll faster, take more damage and kill faster then most of that sh*t in Dark Souls. Also I guess you ain't a epic hero, also the respawning monsters when you rest...that don't happen in real life or any other game...other then demon souls. X_X

DA2: For it's no Dual Wielding warrior class...I wanted it, it made DA:O fun for me. :(

Deus Ex HR: Bosses...thats enough to make me angry. >_<

Mass Effect 3: Ending enough said. -_-

Minecraft:....sssssssss *BOOM* then goes my fort. AAAAAARG!!!

That's the most points for now.

I quite enjoy hearing how angry my housemate gets at Soul Calibur. Same with any fighting game I think - a high level AI can read your input commands and thus knows exactly what you're going to do, and when to avoid/counter it.

Azuaron:

ExileNZ:

Azuaron:
SNIP

I was already 3/4 the way through, and all my points were in low-tech weapons, computers, electronics, and lockpicking. Not the mix you want at the end game.

Sure it is - you can knock out just about any non-mech from behind and for anyone else you can use the dragon's tooth. Just use thermal camo and bob's your auntie.

Wait, you were playing stealth, right?

I was playing stealth until I got bored, turned on god mode, and massacred everybody. ;-)

Bob Page was more right than he knew in that intro...

Major Tom:

Edit: The opening sequence got my inner history nerd in a twist. If its 933AD, Heinrich would NOT, I repeat NOT be wearing Gothic plate. Hadn't the art guys ever seen a picture of the Bayeux Tapestry? That's a hundred years in the future, but it'd give them an idea of what a well equipped knight would look like in that time period. Not wearing armour that hadn't been invented yet.

Oh, and the super secret rocket plane? Of the 2 really cool jet designs they had designed as scenery they chose this. That thing was not some super advanced rocket fighter, it was literally a rocket with a man strapped to it,a substitute for SAM's because of problems getting guidance systems working. It's job was to zoom up, unleash its payload and parachute down. The Me163 would have been a better choice for a fighter, though neither would have the fuel to get to Malta.....it's like they didn't do their research or something!

Rule of cool, man. I love history as well, but I cut the Wolfenstein games a lot of slack, because they're meant to show the nazis as insane, not practical. In a game with magicaly ressuscitated death knights with swastika symbols on their shields, there are worse things to nitpick if you're going to complain about historical accuracy. ;)

Iwata:

Rule of cool, man. I love history as well, but I cut the Wolfenstein games a lot of slack, because they're meant to show the nazis as insane, not practical. In a game with magicaly ressuscitated death knights with swastika symbols on their shields, there are worse things to nitpick if you're going to complain about historical accuracy. ;)

Yeah I know, but my biggest problem with the planes is that there were cooler jets to steal at that airbase! I thought I'd be nicking that big one that was sitting out on the tarmac, not some dinky little rocket plane!

Major Tom:

Iwata:

Yeah I know, but my biggest problem with the planes is that there were cooler jets to steal at that airbase! I thought I'd be nicking that big one that was sitting out on the tarmac, not some dinky little rocket plane!

Well, look at it like this: maybe the Natter was ready to go and only needed a flick of a switch, while the bomber would probably need a ground AND flight crew to get in the air!

Also, I love your avatar. I miss that Dune game, but every time I see that guy I'm reminded of Londo Molari. :p

Fifa 12 has made me flip my shit more times than I can count. I like it but fuck, it pisses me off.

Alone in The Dark on the Xbox 360. Just...everything about that game makes me angrie than shit.
Also, the singleplayer of the new Twisted Metal. Multiplayer is cool though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked