Games that genuinely make you angry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

TheYellowCellPhone:
Team Fortress 2.

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT FOR RANDOM CRITICAL HITS?

Urgh agreed... though it can be fun Kritz'ing a soldier who spams rockets the second the doors open.

hazabaza1:

lacktheknack:

hazabaza1:

To be honest, Isaac seems like a game that's hard to be "Good" at. So much of it is based on luck of the draw and pattern recognition. Some runs, I may go Isaac and kill the final boss without taking a single hit because I'm so ridiculously OP, others, I may go Eve and genuinely die of Basement 2.

Getting the "Depths Boy" type achievements will not be fun.

"Depths... Boy"...?

Oh God. I'm afraid to ask for clarification.

Finish the Caves?Depths/Womb/Sheol (I think) without taking damage.
Have fun!

Are you thinking of the achievement "Depths Boy" or "Dark Boy"?
I just looked it up cause I was wondering and this is what I got:

"Basement Boy" - Basement 1/2 w/out damage
"Splunker Boy" - Caves 1/2 w/out damage
"Dark Boy" - Depths 1/2 w/out damage
"Mamas Boy" Womb 1/2 w/out damage
(These can all be completed on separate runs, but both floors of each area must be completed without taking damage.)

Unless there is some secret achievement that I didn't get I don't think there is any "Depths Boy" (I could be wrong though... idk)
----------------------------------------
Back on Topic:

I would have to say that any puzzle (Spacechem, RUSH, etc.) game that I can't figure out will generally make me angry. If its an RPG that I can grind and the game is making me angry I can just blame the game and grind it out..., but if I can not figure out a puzzle in a game usually I get angry at myself and that usually gets to me more. (I'm no slouch when it comes to puzzles either, but I still have to beat the second to last level of the Space station in Space Chem.)

World Of Warcraft

I played on a PvP server, thinking it would be fun to fight Horde players my level as we came across each other in the world. Then along comes Cataclysm. Now, God forbid you as a lowly lvl 23 set foot outside one of the safe zones. I swear the sky was full of max level horde just waiting for any lowbie to show their face. Its really bad when one of those players is a hunter. You can't hide and since they are on a flying mount, you cant run either.

This was especially annoying since many of the high level zones were near much lower level. Highlands were next to Wetlands, Uldum next to Tanaris, Hyjal next to Winterspring. This meant, that you couldn't quest in those zones because you were guaranteed to get spawn camped.

Jmp_man:

hazabaza1:

lacktheknack:

"Depths... Boy"...?

Oh God. I'm afraid to ask for clarification.

Finish the Caves?Depths/Womb/Sheol (I think) without taking damage.
Have fun!

Are you thinking of the achievement "Depths Boy" or "Dark Boy"?

Yeah, that was it. Depths, Dark, same diff.

Nicolle:
Jak 2... the one game I almost broke my tv over. Great story but the missions are extremly hard for the 2nd half of the game.

Ugh... that game ticked me off so much I actually did stop playing it.

I'm all for a challenge, but Jak 2 just takes it way too far. I can only see the words, "Mission Failed! Try again," so many times before I consider it just not worth it anymore.
Never bothered with Jak 3 or any other Jak and Daxter game.

Another was Shinobi for the PS2. Ended up a my hate list for the same reasons as with Jak 2, in addition to the just plain awful design decisions. Here's something to remember game developers.
If you make a level where the player has to descend down a pit to find a tunnel near the bottom, but make so that reaching the bottom kills the player, make sure the camera can look down!

God of War ticked me off too. When I got to the "kill a ton of centaurs in a tiny circle" puzzle is when I called it quits and put the game on the hate list. Flash all the bare bouncing breasts you want at me but if your game mechanics piss me off, then I'll shelve the game and only take it off the shelve in order to pawn it.

Most recently I got into the beta for a game called Brick Force. That game isn't getting played again till they fix the sniper problem!
A sniper rifle is meant to be carefully aimed and used to make skillful head shots with. It's not meant to be a point and kill auto-win button! One-shot kills should be a reward for landing a proper, and difficult to get, head shot. They shouldn't be an automatic trait of a weapon. If you put a gun in a game that can kill a player in one-shot regardless of where they are shot, then you've failed as a game designer.

I think Asura's Wrath. I know it's incredibly unfair to say a game shouldn't exist, but the fact that there are actually people who would want to buy that piece of shit angers me.

Dantarn:
Probably Dark Souls but that's only because I can never seem to beat the Four Kings.

When people say "Anor Londo Snipers" You mean the knights with the dragonslayer bows right? I never had problem with them or anything in Anor Londo, so I can't really relate

Well, when you get hit by thier arrows they cause a rediculous ammount of knockback even on block. Given that youre walking across narrow walkways where getting touched means instant death by fall damage, its one part people really dont like having to go through more times than is nessesary.

Super. Meat. Boy.

FUCK THAT GAME, FUCK THE DARK WORLDS.

Edit: Also, The Impossible Game. It's such a simple premise and i can't fucking complete it!

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 online.

I have never seen such inconsistent, awful frustrating lag in my life. The game is so fast-paced and so unforgiving of errors that having ANY amount of lag whatsoever turns it from an amazing game to the most frustrating bullshit experience of my gaming life.

People know there's lag too, and build their teams to abuse it as much as possible. Projectile assist and teleport spam, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hate you, I really really do.

Revolutionaryloser:
I think Asura's Wrath. I know it's incredibly unfair to say a game shouldn't exist, but the fact that there are actually people who would want to buy that piece of shit angers me.

Even though i enjoyed Asura's Wrath i sometimes wonder why it wasnt sold as an anime instead.

MetallicaRulez0:

I have never seen such inconsistent, awful frustrating lag in my life. The game is so fast-paced and so unforgiving of errors that having ANY amount of lag whatsoever turns it from an amazing game to the most frustrating bullshit experience of my gaming life.

People know there's lag too, and build their teams to abuse it as much as possible. Projectile assist and teleport spam, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hate you, I really really do.

Did you know: In the games practice mode theres a setting for lag simulation?

But yes, the lower ranks of the online is plauged with people who just exploit theese things.

Zhukov:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.

I never understood why people can't seem to grasp the nature of the Dead Rising series. The world wasn't made to be a sandbox, it's an obstacle course. It's about getting so good and so familiar with the game that you can gather all the survivors, defeat all the psychopaths, and complete all the stories in one swift run. If you want to just run around freely than simply fail a story required for progression and you'll have plenty of time to do whatever you want, I do it all the time

verdant monkai:

Dead Rising 2
I fucking hate Dead rising 2, when the zombies grab you (which they always do) you lose health even if you shake them off. You only have 4 bits of health so you will die all the time. You could upgrade your health but, it took ages and getting anywhere was a veritable chore. It was advertised as zombie killing mayhem and glory, I found myself just feeling pleased to survive if I could get from 1 check point to the next. Weapon degradation is annoying because when the weapon gets fucked up so do you. The controls were shit I could not control my guy properly, if you like the controls there is something wrong with you. The boss fights made me miserable, they are way tougher and more powerful than you, and when you get to them 2 zombies will have grabbed you and you will have two bits of health left, so they will kill you in around 1 minute.
(Don't reply to this saying you should have or should do this or that. Because I hated the game and preowned it the day after I bought it. Seriously fuck dead rising 2)

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but you just don't seem to know how to play the game properly. You can easily bunny hop through hoards of zombies and seeing as you only have 4 health bars you must be only facing 2-3 zombies at a time, which really shouldn't be a problem. Weapons break to balance the game so that you won't be running around with a permanent lightsaber at level 1 and increasing your mobility is the entire point of the game, see above. I never had a problem with the controls, but than again I can navigate "tank controls" just as easily as I can navigate with a keyboard and mouse. The fastest way to level is to bring your daughter back toys and gather survivors which is pretty damn easy, I think it took me 2 sessions to max out my level.

The two of you are entitled to your opinions, I just think you're either playing wrong or bought the game without really knowing what you're getting yourself into. It's a niche genre, so I understand.

OT: I HATED playing through Gears of War due to how repetitive it was and the only reason I beat it was because a friend dropped in co-op so that we could rush through it. But the one game I hated so much that I couldn't even complete it was Ecco The Dolphin, boring as hell but at least it was atmospheric for it's time.

Grunt_Man11:

Nicolle:
Jak 2... the one game I almost broke my tv over. Great story but the missions are extremly hard for the 2nd half of the game.

Ugh... that game ticked me off so much I actually did stop playing it.

I'm all for a challenge, but Jak 2 just takes it way too far. I can only see the words, "Mission Failed! Try again," so many times before I consider it just not worth it anymore.
Never bothered with Jak 3 or any other Jak and Daxter game.

Against all odds, i completed Jak 2 with no deaths.

But the real reason why im posting here is because the first Jak & Daxter was actually criticised for being too easy, and the third game sort of struck the balance, by introducing much better weapons then the 4 you got in 2 and rebalancing eco powers so they became more useful.

Mirror's Edge...holy shit, me and my sister have never played such a painful game in our lives, unresponsive controls didn't help.

gigastar:

MetallicaRulez0:

But yes, the lower ranks of the online is plauged with people who just exploit theese things.

Yes, I knew that. I usually play training on 4-bar simulation instead of perfect 5. That's no replacement for unpredictable random lag spikes like you get online though. I'm blocking drones perfectly for example, I even block the teleport correctly... but oops! Lag spike! I lose.

*throws controller in disgust*

Super Mario Sunshine, I've never beaten the game.
FREAKING NO WATER JETPACK LEVEL BASTARDS!

MetallicaRulez0:

gigastar:

MetallicaRulez0:

Yes, I knew that. I usually play training on 4-bar simulation instead of perfect 5. That's no replacement for unpredictable random lag spikes like you get online though. I'm blocking drones perfectly for example, I even block the teleport correctly... but oops! Lag spike! I lose.

*throws controller in disgust*

Then that sounds more like your internet screwing you over then. No worries, im sure we both agree that UMvC3 is an excellent game to play with people offline so long as they know what theyre doing.

Metroid Other M. Misogynism to the ninth degree and ruined all subsequent Nintendo games here after.

MiracleOfSound:
Any multiplayer game.

I hate it when people are better than me at stuff.

But shouldn't you be used to that by now I joke i joke
but all jokes aside dark souls that game makes me

Minecraft

because creepers and lava

Catherine.

Just watching the game for 10 minutes makes you want to burn down an orphanage.

I think the game needs an award for the most unlikeable characters ever.

Also, Street Fighter 4's boss Seth. Even on VERY EASY he drops you in less than 10 seconds. Its the most absurdly broken difficulty setting I've ever seen in a video game ever.

100 rogues. Forgetting the ridiculous cash grab of them charging 1.00 per new playable class so that you can have a little more variety other than the current grand total of 2, the controls are iffy, there are a ridiculous amount of bugs they haven't fixed in favor of making more buy-able characters, ranged fighting is boiled down to hoping you pressed the right sliver of pixels, and its just plain frustrating. Although that last one is inherent with rogue-likes, so i'll give that one point a pass.

Blast corps. Anybody who got all golds only to discover that platinum exists knows my pain.

Only two games ever made me actually angry:

Freelancer- I wanted Starlancer 2. Instead I got an overrated "sequel" that takes a gigantic dump on its brilliant predecessor. This game was probably the biggest, most crushing letdown of my gaming career.

Bayonetta- I was promised awesomeness. Instead, I got a game with interesting gameplay, and hideous everything else.

And what's behind all the hate for Asura's Wrath? I ask sincerely, since I don't know much about the game.

The mere existence of Duke Nukem makes me feel like strangling people sometimes.

Alpha Protocol.
I don't even have a genuine explananation for why it makes me so angry. It just does.

Very, very angry.

CHASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGLBWARGLPAWGHHAWRG!!!!!!*rage*

captcha. never quit.
ARGLBWARGLPAWGHHAWRGMORE!!!!!

Dark Souls and BF3

There haven't really been any games as a whole that make me angry (typically because if it does happen, I stop playing it and forget it ever existed), but there's certainly things in games that make me angry. The most recent example I can think of would be from Dragon Age: Origins.

I was doing a side-quest in Denerim's Elven Alienage to help out a blind templar, and we went into a haunted orphanage. Well, my first time through there he dies after the first pack of dogs run up and I fail the quest. So I reload the autosave, protect him this time, get to the first advancement of the quest, move a few rooms further and he dies again because he didn't regenerate any health after the last combat encounter, so I fail the quest. I reload the quicksave, let him regenerate this time, get to the cut-scene and kill the penultimate boss of the quest, then it brings up another cut-scene and what happens? The templar gets killed anyway.

That pisses me off.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Team Fortress 2.

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT FOR RANDOM CRITICAL HITS?

I actually really like that mechanic. it emphasizes aggressive play, because the more you are fighting, the more chance you get of crits showing up.

Frustration wise, I think left 4 dead 2 has always been a frustrating game - certainly a good game too of course.
But those moments when it's the AI or one simple mistake that fucks everything over, it can be damn frustrating - not to mention when playing versus, and the damage you deal - no matter how much it is, never seems to count for anything because 9/10 times they'll just heal up and continue on their way, and it makes the whole thing seem pointless.

It's probably the angriest any one game has made me, but it's still good, despite it's tenancy to make ones self rage-quit more often than not.

as of late, Legend of Grimrock
>start of level 6
>walk past gate
>gate closes behind me
>3 spiders spawn right away
>"WHAT!? NO!" *I'm a bit of an arachnophobe, tbh*
>suddenly: "WAAAAAAAAAGH"
>Ogre charges at me, fucks all my 4 players over at once

or
>Mass Effect 3 MP
>Gold match vs Reapers
>Banshees, Brutes and Ravagers
fuck this, I tells you

I love Street Fighter, but sometimes it makes me want to break my controller in half and scream at something.
Games that make me mad because they're awful? Dante's Inferno. Partially because they had a brilliant oppurtunity to make something amazing and they blew it big time, and second because it's just absolutely stupid in every meaning of the word. Perhaps it's because I hold Dante Alighieri in high regards (he's a pretty cool dude, believe it or not), but seriously, I can't wrap my mind around how anyone could do something so stupid!
Oh, and then I saw this:
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/02/03/ea-wants-to-make-macbeth-the-game/1
I... I need to lie down for a minute or two. I simply can't handle this.

That one section in Halo: Reach, where you have to reach the BFG. On Legendary. Rage-quitted. Three. Damn. Times.

SirBryghtside:

CrimsonBlaze:
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."

Actually, looking at the trailers, there's a more 'international' PokÚdex (the walkthrough video showed the protagonist bumping into an Azurill) and have a different map, at least in some areas. So it's a lot more different than Crystal/Emerald/Platinum were.

Exactly. Black and White 2 is more of a third installment than a sequel, yet they claim that a time lapse constitutes a sequel. Also, including a NationalDex into Gen 5 from the get go kind of undermines the whole point of the previous versions. Also, in Crystal/Emerald/Platinum the Pokedex had a combination of new and older Pokemon in the mix; Black and White was suppose to be 150+ exclusives, at least until you complete the main story.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked