Warhammer Fantasy: Total War

Pages PREV 1 2

kingthrall:
LOL who cares, the best mod is by far Myth total war or deus lo vult. Simple fact im tired of seeing steroid abused guys in loin clothes screaming fanatical over chaos or for light whatever. It seems so damned childish the war-hammer stuff compared to other universes.

Anyway check this total war mod out, by far one of the better fantasy mods out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8hPrN_B2Y&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXljzeAHZM&feature=relmfu

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7P6Qu6XJh0&feature=relmfu probably my favourite one, the ghols on this are amazing. I mean most the monsters are so original compared to standard goblins and orks.

and someone please tell me how the F*** to embed my video's on this site.

Even though I love Myth, and played it for a whole decade online before giving up, please tell me how the hell these mods handle such things as Fetch, Warlocks, Dwarves and Trow?
Because it seems like such an easy thing to use in large battles vs retarded AI (and the only thing that made it forgivable in the original games were that Legendary difficulty were close to impossible unless you really knew what you were doing).

Realitycrash:

Soviet Heavy:
Guys, it exists.

Call of Warhammer or Reign of the Dark Gods. Medieval 2 Kingdoms mod. GET NAOW.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-total-war

Which races are available? Is there a campaign-mode?
Please respond, very interested, love Total War and Warhammer and I am getting tired of replaying Medieval II / Rome over and over again (my graphics-card suck too much to play Shogun 2).

Follow the link, look it up on Total War Center. They can tell you more.

Soviet Heavy:

Realitycrash:

Soviet Heavy:
Guys, it exists.

Call of Warhammer or Reign of the Dark Gods. Medieval 2 Kingdoms mod. GET NAOW.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-total-war

Please respond, very interested, love Total War and Warhammer and I am getting tired of replaying Medieval II / Rome over and over again (my graphics-card suck too much to play Shogun 2).

Well call me an idiot but after looking googling and searching for info, I can't find any reliable site that clearly states "It contains this and this". Just a bunch of random forum-posts.

Elmoth:

Owyn_Merrilin:

Jynthor:
I'd rather see a Warhammer RTS in the style of LotR BFME2. I don't like the Total War style to be honest. Of course, improvements would have to be made.

Or, and maybe this is just crazy talk, but what about a faithful computerized implementation of the tabletop game? I've never understood why every computer strategy game that is licensed from a tabletop strategy game has to be an RTS with a new ruleset instead of just making a turn based game using the rules that are already there. It's not like the lore is the main attraction to Warhammer, despite the popularity 40K's lore has gained since the Dawn of War series. I grew up around Warhammer players, and I'd never heard of anyone seriously getting into the story until it randomly hit memetic status a few years ago.

Because if that'd be made, how could Games Workshop keep making so much money in dastardly ways?

Oh, they could do it. Wizards (or is it directly owned by Hasbro now?) still makes money hand over fist on paper based MTG, despite having both MTG Online and a yearly release of a less micro transaction based game. I could see Games Workshop doing very well by having an online microtransaction based game that covers the "access to every piece ever in a videogame" bit, and then have just regular TBS releases of standalone games with a campaign and only including pieces that make sense with that campaign. It's pretty much money being left on the table.

Realitycrash:

Soviet Heavy:

Realitycrash:

Well call me an idiot but after looking googling and searching for info, I can't find any reliable site that clearly states "It contains this and this". Just a bunch of random forum-posts.

Look here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

Miniu:

Realitycrash:

Soviet Heavy:

Look here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

Thanks, but all the download-links seem to be dead =/

If we're talking dreamt up Warhammer games, I'd want a Star Wars: Battlefront II based WH40K game... *Goes misty eyed*

I'm pretty sure that's been modded for Medieval 2 though. I'd rather they stuck to real time periods, or created their own fantasy universe though. To be honest, I think some kind of TW game based around South American kingdoms would be pretty cool.

TheRightToArmBears:
If we're talking dreamt up Warhammer games, I'd want a Star Wars: Battlefront II based WH40K game... *Goes misty eyed*

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine comes pretty close. seriously, the multiplayer is a blast, and this coming from someone who usually doesn't give a rat's as about multiplayer. The ability to unlock and customize armor only makes it all the better.

PrinceOfShapeir:

Napoleon: Total War wasn't that long ago.

Well i don't think that would matter since a victorian era game would have rather different combat to that of NTW - i just thought it was something they would think of doing, because they already introduced a lot of new concepts in fall of the samurai, which would be better suited for a full game rather than that expansion. It would give them a chance to make a world covering game that actually works as well after they screwed up so badly with Empire. Also i seem to remember them saying that they wouldn't do two re-makes in a row either, which may rule out rome 2 or medieval 3 - I personally hope its not Rome 2 next, but instead that there second team is already working on it, so that it will be really awesome when it does eventually come out. (Rome 2 is the game i personally want the most, but i'm hoping they put a few years into it.)

Realitycrash:

Its probably easier to list the factions that aren't included. I've not played the newest versions so my knowledge might be a bit out of date, but last i checked the major ones that aren't included (yet) are Skaven, maybe Tomb Kings (although i'm pretty sure i saw some images for them somewhere), lizardmen, ogre kingdoms and maybe brettonia as well. And yes there is a campaign based around the chaos invasions of the Empire and i believe they are also working on a new campaign map covering the whole of the warhammer world.

Realitycrash:

Thanks, but all the download-links seem to be dead =/

THis might be an older version, but you could try the torrent version here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416825

Ironside:
Well i don't think that would matter since a victorian era game would have rather different combat to that of NTW - i just thought it was something they would think of doing, because they already introduced a lot of new concepts in fall of the samurai, which would be better suited for a full game rather than that expansion. It would give them a chance to make a world covering game that actually works as well after they screwed up so badly with Empire. Also i seem to remember them saying that they wouldn't do two re-makes in a row either, which may rule out rome 2 or medieval 3 - I personally hope its not Rome 2 next, but instead that there second team is already working on it, so that it will be really awesome when it does eventually come out. (Rome 2 is the game i personally want the most, but i'm hoping they put a few years into it.)

Victorian Era or Crimean War combat would be radically different to what CA have done before. The British army replaced it's muskets with new more accurate rifles and the old line infantry tactics essentially became obsolete.

Can i play skaven? Can i flatten the world with hordes of poison globadiers and grey seers? If so: Then i am going to hump this until i get sores.

Iwata:
I'd buy it... but I'd sooner buy a new entry to Commander Bernhardt's adventures.

Dark omen brofist ^_^

op: yea I would totaly jump on that is it came out.

bfgmetalhead:

Iwata:
I'd buy it... but I'd sooner buy a new entry to Commander Bernhardt's adventures.

Dark omen brofist ^_^

Bitch, please, Shadow of the Horned Rat IN DA HOUSE! :p

But yah, Dark Omen was fucking awesome!

You know what I want to see?

Civilization VI: Total War

ALL of the time periods!

Iwata:

bfgmetalhead:

Iwata:

Dark omen brofist ^_^

I could'nt finish shadow of the horned rat....It was too hard....I was like 6 years old :(

I would prefer an Elder Scrolls style total war more. Have the Empire a balanced out faction, High elves weak in melee but strong at magic, wood elves being awesome archers, and so on. But still your idea of lack of resources and large and spread out sounds really cool.

More Fun To Compute:

Ironside:

Victorian Era or Crimean War combat would be radically different to what CA have done before. The British army replaced it's muskets with new more accurate rifles and the old line infantry tactics essentially became obsolete.

after playing fall of the samurai i learned just how obsolete those tactics were. something like a civil war total war would frankly be easy to produce considering everything is basically included with sall of the samurai

Well being a major fan of TW games & Warhammer my opinion may be a bit biased but yes, if they did release a Warhammer : Total War game i'd definitely buy it, i'm still playing Medieval 2 at the moment! With mods such as Stainless Steel...

nikki191:
after playing fall of the samurai i learned just how obsolete those tactics were. something like a civil war total war would frankly be easy to produce considering everything is basically included with sall of the samurai

Not sure what you are saying. From what I've seen of fall of the samurai all the gun units use line formations.

Want I want is a Temeraire total war game. :D

More Fun To Compute:

nikki191:

Not sure what you are saying. From what I've seen of fall of the samurai all the gun units use line formations.

I'm guessing it has something to do with casualty levels. The American Civil War was the most deadly (to American citizens) war in American history. Part of the reason for that is that the guns had been updated, but not the tactics.

Realitycrash:

kingthrall:
LOL who cares, the best mod is by far Myth total war or deus lo vult. Simple fact im tired of seeing steroid abused guys in loin clothes screaming fanatical over chaos or for light whatever. It seems so damned childish the war-hammer stuff compared to other universes.

Anyway check this total war mod out, by far one of the better fantasy mods out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8hPrN_B2Y&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXljzeAHZM&feature=relmfu

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7P6Qu6XJh0&feature=relmfu probably my favourite one, the ghols on this are amazing. I mean most the monsters are so original compared to standard goblins and orks.

and someone please tell me how the F*** to embed my video's on this site.

Even though I love Myth, and played it for a whole decade online before giving up, please tell me how the hell these mods handle such things as Fetch, Warlocks, Dwarves and Trow?
Because it seems like such an easy thing to use in large battles vs retarded AI (and the only thing that made it forgivable in the original games were that Legendary difficulty were close to impossible unless you really knew what you were doing).

I think fetch and warlocks have not been included just yet, but the trow are. They are used as seige weapons and the number is reduced considerbly to around 6 per regiment.

I think they were trying to get a warlock to use but ended up scrapping it tempory using the catapult ball animation for the fireball and having 2 of them just like a catapult unit, but they still working on the range.

bfgmetalhead:

Iwata:

bfgmetalhead:

Dark omen brofist ^_^

I could'nt finish shadow of the horned rat....It was too hard....I was like 6 years old :(

Finally! I was despairing of finding anyone mentioning Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen. I would love a new installment. It would have to be hard though. That was part of the charm!

For those wishing for a faithful videogame adaptation of the miniature game. It will never happen due to perceived loss of revenue for GW.

Skrofler confirmed for Vampire Count with that thread necromancy.

And here I was expecting some new info with a bump like that...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked