The Avengers + Mass Effect = ???? Profit?

During those scenes throughout the second act of the movie, where everyone is walking around floating Shield HQ and chatting about stuff, did anyone else think that the movie felt reminiscent of Mass Effect, of all things?

The way each of the "squadmates" seemed to have been brought aboard for a particular purpose, to do a particular specialized task, and then watching them all interact/talk stuff out, or team up for particular missions...

It made me think that if someone (I wonder who I could possibly be talking about) were to make a Mass-Effect like game with the Avengers cast, with Whedon writing the dialogue, that would actually be a frickin sweet game to play. The missions would probably have to be less "FPS shooting gallery hallways" and more "open action levels where you either have to protect something or kill all the bad guys"... but other than that, it seems like a great fit. Play as Cap, pick your team of two for this particular mission, and off you go!

The characters certainly seemed distinct enough that listening to their banter for hours on end would never get old.

Whoa, whoa! You honestly except someone to put that much time into a movie tie-in game? How dare you, sir! I'll take my tie-in's rushed and extremely crappy, thank-you-very-much!

(In all honesty it does sound like an alright idea in concept but seems like it would be very hard to put something like that together or getting a voice cast that didn't completely blow. It would be much easier and less risky to just throw something together, which it turns out they are actually doing http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2012/05/11/marvel-avengers-battle-earth-announced/ )

pure.Wasted:

The characters certainly seemed distinct enough that listening to their banter for hours on end would never get old.

Trust me, if there is anyone in this world who would willingly write hours of boring banter, it's Joss Whedon. It's what he does best.

Nice concept. I'd give Bioware a crack at it.

Except that movie tie-ins fail 99% of the time. The only movie tie-ins I can think of that actually worked were Spiderman 2 and Return of the King. Oh, and arguably Toy Story 3.

MPerce:

Except that movie tie-ins fail 99% of the time. The only movie tie-ins I can think of that actually worked were Spiderman 2 and Return of the King. Oh, and arguably Toy Story 3.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily mind it not being a tie-in, in the same sense that Arkham Asylum wasn't a tie-in. It just capitalized on Batman's recent popularity.

If they wanted to retool Thor to make him less of a tool, or add a few more Avengers, or cut some of the existing ones out, or make the floating HQ into an underwater base... I really wouldn't mind.

MPerce:

I hate you for not mentioning golden eye 007.

OT: sounds like a good idea ... On paper . In practice it's a whole different story . This could get pretty complicated . Speaking of which don't we already have something like that on the wii?

pure.Wasted:
During those scenes throughout the second act of the movie, where everyone is walking around floating Shield HQ and chatting about stuff, did anyone else think that the movie felt reminiscent of Mass Effect, of all things?

The way each of the "squadmates" seemed to have been brought aboard for a particular purpose, to do a particular specialized task, and then watching them all interact/talk stuff out, or team up for particular missions...

Weird - I totally had that same exact feeling! During the scenes on the S.H.I.E.L.D. ship I thought to myself "This is kind of what the Mass Effect movie will probably look like."

I'd take Thor and Hulk smashing Reapers as opposed to what we got for an ending if that's what you mean.

krazykidd:

MPerce:

I hate you for not mentioning golden eye 007.

O_O

And now I hate myself for not mentioning that.

Excuse me while I find the nearest large spike to impale myself on in shame.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked