Help me identify an old game from the 90s!

OK all, I've been trying to remember the name of a PC game I played when I was a kid. Here is what I can remember about it:

-Top down perspective, 2D, sprites

-Mercenary management sim/tactical combat. You had to recruit mercs, buy weapons, armor, and gear for missions. If you ran out of money you lost the game.

-The opening cinematic may have contained a visual pun/reference to Michael Jackson. (This game had a "zany" sense of humor.)

-During a dialogue with an NPC (a young kid), the NPC vomits profusely, accompanied by a very loud and gruesome vomit sound effect.

-There is a puzzle at one point involving a giant sentient venus fly trap.

Is this just the fabrication of a tortured mind, or is it all too real? Bonus points for screenshots, links to e-bay auctions, etc.

It sounded like X-com until you got to the vomiting NPC, which also sounds familiar but I can't quite place it. The only thing remotely related to a venus fly trap I can remember is the pitcher plant puzzle in FFVII. Anyone else got an idea?

I don't remember a vomiting NPC, or a Venus Fly trap, but mercenaries, money management, and a sense of humor makes me think of Jagged Alliance or Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games.

Games from the 90s are considered old?

I must be old.

By the way, there's already a Megathread for this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=1

LilithSlave:
Games from the 90s are considered old?

I must be old.

By the way, there's already a Megathread for this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=1

The OP posted in it, but it's pretty dead in there. I went in and provided a few possible answers, but it looks like it's degenerated into pages and pages of one post wonders, very few of whom have been getting answers. Honestly, I think it's time to start a new thread for it; that one's just a shuffling, reanimated corpse at this point.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked