When was the last time you bought a Wii game?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Im pretty sure all the wii games I have are the games I bought when I bought the wii, admittedly I haven't used it in a while but I think I only have Mariocart, Zelda twilight princess and That game that comes with it.. I'll definitely buy skyward sword when it goes down in price though.

You can say nintendo sold a bazillion wii's but really they probably havent made that much more money than microsoft or sony because people actually buy games on those systems where as most people I know who have a wii only have 3 or 4 games for it aswell

Yeah, this is a true fact. I only owned 6 games over my whole wii ownership period (Mario Galaxy 2, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, Monster Hunter Tri, Sakura Wars). Aside from Sakura Wars which was a piece of garbage, I had a really good time with all of those games. I realize that a lot of the point of the wii was to sell video games to people who don't like video games, but traditional high quality games can still be made for the wii with or without motion controls, and I really don't know who to blame for the almost complete lack of good games over the past couple years

Last time I bought a Wii game was...hell, I don't even remember when I bought it exactly, but it was Skyward Sword (in fact, the only two games I now own for the Wii are Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword). I haven't even found much time to play it because I'm too busy playing games on other systems.

Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story might be later purchases though.

I think it was last month since I got a Wii game, and that was Kirby's Epic Yarn. Awesome game by way.

Very recently with titles like Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Honestly, it's my favourite console this generation. Has more games I care about than the others I think. And like I care about 720p or 1080p that much.

I own like, over a hundred games for the system. I don't think I can say that about my PlayStation 3. And I definitely can't say it about my XBOX360. Between all the Mario games, Zelda games, the rare but wortwhile third party jRPGs, Harvest Moon titles, I've got a lot of beautiful, fun, colourful games to take part in on my Wii. Heck, the Wii even has exclusive Fatal Frame games.

And I've definitely, definitely put more hours into it than any other console system this generation.

I saw Mad World for $3 last week and said why not. Worth that $3, but not any more. I don't play my Wii that much because all of Nintendo's controllers feel awful. I can play it in short bursts, but when I normally game I sit down for 5-10 hours and just play.

The last time I bought a Wii game was around 2 years ago, not it is just gathering dust i my cupboard and I can't be bothered selling it haha

LilithSlave:
Very recently with titles like Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Heh, those were my exact purchases 2 weeks ago, also got Kirby Return to Dreamland before that, enjoying them all so far

Bought in January Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles.
I am not a too rapid gamer so I enjoyed them for about 1.5 months in total.

I got Muramasa the Demon Blade and No More Heroes 2 for $12 each at a clearance sale.

Last thing I bought was Skyward Sword when it was released. Looking into getting Xenoblade soon though.

Not sure, but i can tell you the last time i bought a BIG game!
-cricket noises-

OT: I think it was Guitar Hero Van Halen back about one and a half years ago. Incidently that's around the same time i got my PS3 so guess what i've been doing since.

1927. The game we played was Horse Cart Racing experience, for the price of 2 shillings and sixpence.

Yesterday actually, I bought Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

I bought Skyward Sword back when it came out. I've been meaning to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles, but... Money and such.

Last month. Xenoblade. Awesome game, one of the best RPGs in a long time, my personal shoo-in for GOTY, provided Last Story doesn't surpass it.

PERSONAL GOTY, i stress. Before anyone sends me some righteously indignant message.

They still make Wii games? You mean, like, Wii Sports 7 or Wii Fit 4? Or were you referring to mini-game collection number 348304?

SmarterThanYou:
Last month. Xenoblade. Awesome game, one of the best RPGs in a long time, my personal shoo-in for GOTY, provided Last Story doesn't surpass it.

PERSONAL GOTY, i stress. Before anyone sends me some righteously indignant message.

Who would get all pissy about someone's personal game of the year choice? You'd have to be a pretty damn big wanker to take issue with someone liking a game you don't, lol.

Skyward Sword.

Before that... probably twilight Princess. Zelda is the only Nintendo franchise I really care about, and Pokemon to an extent. About 4 years ago I more or less donated my wii to my family, didn't even take it with me when I moved to Prague.

However when I next visit England, I was thinking of buying Xenoblade Chronicle, and borrowing the Wii, it looks like something I might get into. I'v also been told the last story may be worth a gander.

Grey Day for Elcia:

SmarterThanYou:

Who would get all pissy about someone's personal game of the year choice? You'd have to be a pretty damn big wanker to take issue with someone liking a game you don't, lol.

You never know when it comes to this website and JRPGs. xD So just throwing that out there before someone mentions Mass effect 3 and this whole thread turns into a flame war over the end...

Oh. Crap. Umm...

Cookies, anyone?

I last bought a Wii game about three years ago, I guess. Whenever the Motion Plus came out with that game (I forget what it's called now).

It really hasn't had much use in years, sat collecting dust at the moment as I didn't really like many of the games on there. Was tempted to get Mario Party 9 the other day but opted for a few DVDs instead. I feel the console is just lacking in quality titles, I may well pre-order a Wii U though.

Bought the RE4 remake for my brother, who is not much of a gamer... I should've started him on something lighter, I think it scared him off.

There are several I'd like to try out, but they're going to have to wait until I finish The Witcher 2 and possibly ME3.

Last Week. I bought the latest Rune Factory and the Oregon Trail game.

I guess I'm the exception. I own 50 Wii games,and only 2 mini game compilations so you are all familiar with at least one peron who plays the wii.

Recently, Xenoblade Chronicles, and before that, Rune Factory Frontier. Both are awesome games.

About a couple of months ago with The Last Story. To be honest that game is overhyped as I didn't really like the game in general.
I suppose it could of been a couple of weeks ago with Pandora's Tower but I got put off at the last moment due to the reviews and people comments who had played it.

the last one i can think of would be new super mario brothers wii, i think that was last year.

honestly used to love it but i lost interest in it and nintendo in general when i figured out they were no better than activision.

Got Skyward Sword at christmas, but I didn't technically buy it.

I've been considering X enoblade Chronicles, but I'm still thinking if it's as good as everyone says.

BUT FIRST: Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite for my Vita.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was my last wii game I bought.

Good game if only it wouldnt have damn motion controls

The last Wii game I bought was Other M (purchased March 2012) and I'm having fun with it. I've been giving more attention to my 3DS though honestly. I haven't bought a game for my 360 in months and, I only have 1 PS3 game at the moment. I love my Wii.

Xenoblade Chronicles in March was my last Wii purchase. Before that, however, was New SMB Wii in '09. I've become a PC gamer over the last few years, and I can only really afford a few games a year, so I've been buying games for the PC. Had to get Xenoblade though. Was well worth the money.

Bit.Trip Complete a couple of weeks ago.Frankly I can't understand how people can own a console and never use the thing.My Wii gets as much use as my 360(which is a fair bit)

Xenoblade just recently. But yeah, before that it was a ways back in 2011 for Skyward Sword. It actually makes me a little fonder of Wii though. I look at all the other systems and think of all the games I never got around to playing, and how much it would cost to go back and buy all of them. But I can look at the complete Wii catalouge and say that the 20 or so games I have are all of the ones I need or wanted at all. It's still my favorite console of this generation. PS3 an XBOX had more games, but their hardware is shoddy crap that breaks after only a year or so. I've gotten more value out of the Wii just on the strength of not having to replace it and having spent WAAAAYYYY less on it since the beginning of this console generation.

The last game I BOUGHT was Skyward Sword along with a copy of Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. But I've also been renting via Gamefly which adds up to more games played. Especially if you count the Gamecube games I've been both renting and buying to 'catch up' on. So my Wii still gets plenty of use. I also want to look into trying out 'The Last Story' and 'Xenoblade Chronicles'. I haven't been as into JRPGs as used to be (Save the Persona series) but those games look pretty different from what I'm used to seeing so I am willing to give them a shot.

When did Tales of Symphonia 2 come out? My god that was a disappointment

I bought Phineas and Ferb for my 5 year old about a month ago. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked