Where do you want the next Fallout to be set?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Somewhere sunny. Like Florida. Beaches with mutant sharks lunging from the water to attack you. Or head to the Everglades where the Florida Panther has come back in full swing, too bad they are even more savage now that the radiation has altered them to be savage beasts bent on eating you. Need to scavenge? Why not head into Miami, most of the city was destroyed but I'm sure there are plenty of things to find.

Possible DLC Zone (or normal zone) Disney World! lol

Considering that the States went an annexed Canada in-universe, I think it should take place in Canada =P

It's not because I'm Canadian and think that Canada needs to actually feature in games more often. Not at all. Nope.

Fallout: New England.

Basically, everything from the mind of Stephen King, mixed with Deathclaws and radiation.

New Orlans. Radiated Swamp gaters and the like? Sign me up! Make it like a verdant irradiated swamp and it would be real cool IMHO.

Someplace other than the west coast. Just... please, no more desert wasteland. I'm one of the few people who genuinely enjoyed the change of scenery in Fallout 3 when Bethesda decided to go for a more urban landscape. I think that the new game after 4 (which I think is set in San Francisco) should take place at the border between the Commonwealth and Canada. In-game lore has pretty much stated that after Canada was annexed Vault-Tec began building vaults there, so it keeps with Fallout's theme. In that setting, you can enjoy the best of both worlds: The rugged Canadian wilderness slowly being reclaimed by nature, and the technology worshiping urban landscape of the Commonwealth.

The last time a thread like this was made, someone said London. I decided right then and there that I would never buy another Fallout game until they do this. Or something similarily awesome, though I couldn't imagine what that would be.

Seriously. Think about it. Fallout: London. A vast, underground network of tunnels, sewers and even disused basements - some of which might have been forgotten for millennia? Narrow alleyways shrouded in mist? Junkyards filled with the debris from centuries of constantly growing industry? Lethal fumes rising from the radioactive, poisonous acid that used to be the Thames? And, as the previous person suggested, a family of deranged Ghoul regents in charge of it all?

It's as close as we'll get to post-apocalyptic steampunk!

I'd say either the American Midwest or SouthEast. The Midwest would make sense since there's allegedly a very prominent Enclave Outpost there and a relatively active Brotherhood influence there. Would make sense to have them take the place of the NCR and Legion as the two "waring" factions. The American Southeast would be nice as a change of scenery since according to the lore, the Smokey Mountain Range was practically untouched when the bombs hit, which could mean a still thriving ecosystem. Just a thought. Just think it'd be neat to see where where I came from in a Fallout game.

Muspelheim:

DigitalAtlas:

And Rainbow Dash could lead the Brotherhood of Steel.

I imagine Princess Trollestia's brain being preserved in some jar somewhere, leading the Enclave. Oh, they'd look so blarmed cute in that power armour and plasma horns and whatnot...

ducktapemax:
i want it to be in DC like the last game so i can see the effects of my fallout 3 choices in fallout 4.

That'd be neat. Perhaps not as full-game material, but certainly as DLC or something. They better have built one hell of a statue to your honour.

Also, they better get Liberty Prime back up and going. :<

Liberty Prime decorated as the Lone Wanderer.

Now THAT'S a tribute.

I don't know about where it should be set, but I at least want it to address the existence of other countries and nations after the war.

The last games have dealt with internal conflicts, I would like some international politics in the mix.

Ideally, I'd like the game world to stretch from the NCR to the Rocky Mountains, from Baha to British Colombia and New Mexico to Alberta.

Just the Rockies, Colorado and Wyoming, maybe bits of New Mexico and Montana would be fine, though.

The northwest would also work, what with the northern border of the NCR being pretty much radioactive mountainous terrain (without being as high up and frozen as the Rockies, that is... so forests). Lots of tribals up there, I'd bet. Who am I kiddin', I just wanna see what they'd do with where I live.

Or we could just be forced to roll a ghoul and explore the "radioactive dustbowl" just east of the Rockies. Imagine the tornadoes...

Tuesday Night Fever:
Fallout: Australia

And you thought Deathclaws and Cazadors were bad...

You mean to say that they are not there already?

OT: I think that either Fallout: Brazil or Fallout: (Enter African courtry name hear).

I say Brazil because you spend most of the game faffing about in the Amazon rainforest. Imagine fighting feral monkey ghouls that are running around in the trees, or facing entire schools of Radpiranhas, yeah.

Or the African country Fallout because, well, there is a shit ton of things that will kill you already in Africa, now mutate them. Plus it wouldn't be much of a stretch to turn most african countries into ruins(ha ha, dark socio-political joke).

London. I just think that it would work so well. Additionally, British 50s culture is different enough to American that it would feel different. Plus, Big Ben, the Underground, Thames, London Bridge, you could even have the Eye, etc etc. I think it would be great.

Australia in the Northern Territory
just imagine Uluru opening up like a missile silo to reveal a secret Enclave doomsday weapon!

JWRosser:
London. I just think that it would work so well. Additionally, British 50s culture is different enough to American that it would feel different. Plus, Big Ben, the Underground, Thames, London Bridge, you could even have the Eye, etc etc. I think it would be great.

Madam Tussauds could also make for quite an interesting level. Terrifying too, if done right!

DJjaffacake:

Sean Hollyman:

DJjaffacake:
I've always thought (and by always I mean since I heard about the franchise a few years ago with Fallout 3) that a Fallout set in whatever's left of another country might be cool. The main obstacle would obviously be the difference in environment and theme, although they could just say everyone had a sci fi 1950s USA look. But vast desert wastelands don't really fit with France or wherever. China might be interesting to see what the effect of the war was there. Alternatively Mexico for still fitting with the theme or Canada to explore the whole US invasion background plot.

London would be pretty interesting, it has lots of landmarks and stuff.

Feral Chav Ghouls... huehue...

I've considered that as well, but I can't see England or the UK fitting with the whole sci fi western thing that characterises Fallout. There'd be no epic deserts or frontier towns, just gentle brown hills and lots of drizzle. Feral Chav Ghouls would probably be an improvement on normal chavs though.

Try Fallout: Glasgow. Running for your life through back alleys, struggling to grap a weapon, any weapon. You quickly turn around to see a gang of hooded, zombie like figures reaching towards you...
Ah, Saturday night in Glasgow. Of course, it'll change once the bombs drop.

But really, you want to keep it in America.

blaqknoise:
Canada. Free medical supplies!

Its too bad there would only be 5 stimpaks in the entire country and you have to wait 5 months for a vendor to spawn another one. But least they are free!

And back on topic. Id love to see something like Africa. Not as some sort of awareness or anything like that. I just think that would be a totally unexpected and interesting place to see post nuclear war.

Fallout australia to be honest though it wont look much diffrent from now

New York, although I think DC should be the setting for Fallout 4. Screw the Mojave!

I was thinking perhaps somewhere like Brazil, that would most likely still have rain forest as it wouldn't have been hit by many nukes, so you could have mutated piranha and corrupt warlords etc.
the same thing could also be applied to the carribean or the mediteranean, it would be cool to see a fallout game with a lot more aquatic/island hopping elements, also sea monsters would be epic to fight
only problem is you may lose some of the whole 1950's nostalgia vibe that characterizes the series so well
i just feel treking through a radioactive jungle, or sailing over a radiated sea could add a whole new lease of life to the series

Fallout: Big Easy....

Zombies, Black Magic, drugs and drinking.

Flooding, weather hazards.

Sweet.

It's tough to find a place in America that isn't too similar to F3, F:NV, or one of the F3 DLCs.

Passing by America, I think Australia would be really cool. Mutant Kangaroos and Crocodiles... and so many of those awesome accents.

Tuesday Night Fever:
Fallout: Australia

And you thought Deathclaws and Cazadors were bad...

Australia wouldn't work because you don't have mad scientists creating insane robots, mutants, and animals. You'd only have deadly non-mutated animals, and that's not fun, just scary.

It has to be set in America because Super Mutants only exist in the U.S., other places didn't have insane ultra-capitalistic-let's-not-tell-people-that-these-robots-are-programmed-to-kill-them ideas, and I'm pretty sure only the U.S. and China experienced the atomic war and Europe and the Middle East absolutely annihilated each other when they just went all out fighting over resources.

Besides what would be fun about China? Communist cities are the same thing over and over again.

tendaji:
Somewhere sunny. Like Florida. Beaches with mutant sharks lunging from the water to attack you. Or head to the Everglades where the Florida Panther has come back in full swing, too bad they are even more savage now that the radiation has altered them to be savage beasts bent on eating you. Need to scavenge? Why not head into Miami, most of the city was destroyed but I'm sure there are plenty of things to find.

Possible DLC Zone (or normal zone) Disney World! lol

Fuck, I was gonna say that.

Yeah, scavenging through the ruins of theme parks is a good idea.

Plus, three words: Giant Mutant Alligators. Fuck yeah.

Sean Hollyman:

JWRosser:

Madam Tussauds could also make for quite an interesting level. Terrifying too, if done right!

That would be incredible!

Equestria! Anyone who has read all the way through Fallout: Equestria will agree with me :)

ChaplainOrion:
Australia wouldn't work because you don't have mad scientists creating insane robots, mutants, and animals. You'd only have deadly non-mutated animals, and that's not fun, just scary.

By Fallout logic, mutated animals would still exist, seeing as how the game seems to operate with a 1950's understanding of radiation. The mutated animals from the previous games (like Cazadors and Radscorpions, for example) weren't created by scientists... just background radiation mutating otherwise fairly benign animals.

And given Australia's relations with the United States and proximity to China, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that it helped out as a staging area in the war with China. So... there's your robots and scientists and military stuff.

JWRosser:

Sean Hollyman:

JWRosser:

That would be incredible!

It could really fuck with your head

If it was really dark and your pip boy light could only see a little bit ahead, you'd be seeing shapes and not being able to distinguish whether or not they are waxworks or enemies

It would be a nice break from the action of the game :)

Great question! I've always wanted to see a Mid-West (United States) Fallout. They've gone East-coast, Western Rockies, and quite a few other areas in DLC (hell, even space!) The hills of the Mid-Western region would play in nicely if you ask me. I know trees don't cope well with nuclear bombs, but a somewhat forested setting could be pretty cool, at least in a certain part of the map.

Eastern Europe or something. Would bring some nice Stalker/Half Life vibes to it.

Pacific Northwest.

It would be the major staging area for the war with China which would mean plenty of crazy pre-war tech left around, maybe something naval like some super ships left pier side at Bremerton, would explore Canada's annexation and hostility remaining between British Columbians and Washingtonians.

Add in the remnant of the West Coast Enclave left behind relocating there and them having a more forward looking view of carving out their own state mixed with a more pragmatic eye now that the Old Guard is off in DC or dead. Local powers vying for power, maybe a Vancouver Island Republic to be a political enemy and possibly reveal that an American-Chinese state emerged from WWIII in Alaska after all the soldiers left dumped there during the nuclear exchange suddenly found the need to unite to survive than keep fighting each other... and maybe they want to expand south and are resisted by the Enclave, the Canadians, the rump of independent Washington and yet another nameless hero?

For Cold War nostalgia add in the Museum of Flight and show off some Cold Warriors ala the B-29 in NV as well as other strange air and spacecraft that emerged since the timeline diverged from our own like the DC museum.

The main impetus behind the game being to star fresh with a new land with it's own novel post-apocalyptic flora and fauna without having the silliness of transplanting Southwest fauna and folks like Radscrops, Super Mutants and the Enclave all the way across the continent ala FO3 because the developer is too sacred to alienate old time fans after the prolonged hiatus to the series.

No Radscrops, it's the Pacific Northwest, an evolved Enclave, not just a rehash from the first two games and no Super Mutants since the Master's army is by now a long way away and receding quickly into the past. Add in more unique nuclear freaks, new lore and technology.

Just expand upon the series like NV did, which is sadly all we got from the original FO3/4. That, or set the timeline back before NV and just make the game an FPS Van Buren with as much can be savaged from so much being compressed into NV.

I kind of want to see the core region in first person, so that. As long as its done by obsidian. If bethesda is developing it then fuck it, I don't want to play it.

Tuesday Night Fever:

ChaplainOrion:

By Fallout logic, mutated animals would still exist, seeing as how the game seems to operate with a 1950's understanding of radiation. The mutated animals from the previous games (like Cazadors and Radscorpions, for example) weren't created by scientists... just background radiation mutating otherwise fairly benign animals.

Actually cazadores were made by scientists. So were deathclaws (Pre war american government) and spore plants (vault-tec) and nightstalkers (Think tank) and centaurs (Grey with FEV) and wanamingoes (I think).
There are just mutated animals but most of them aren't the really dangerous ones.

Terminate421:
Oh for fucks sake people.

How many games are near Atlanta? Not many.

Let's do that!

Isn't that place an airport? (For those who don't know, that was a Fututrama reference.)

I would rather see Fallout go away for a decade to let interest in it come back. Either that or a MMO situation.

But since we live in an age where brands are not allowed to go away until every penny is squeezed out, I'll play ball and say:

Fallout New Mexico.

Set it mostly in the Santa Fe, Albuquerque area.

It could boast Native Americans, different style of raiders.

Soryline would be a stretch because I do not know why you would set a game there.

White Sands could be an expansion pack DLC, as would be the Mesa Verde Cliff Dwellings. The Aliens could return, as the Church of Scientology maintains a landing strip in NM for that purpose. Also, have some bear Grylls survival in the wilderness.

hermes200:
I am going to give the cliche answer here: New York.

Why? Because roaming on the desert is not as interesting as exploring a destroyed city, specially one filled with landmarks. That is the main reason why I prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas.

New York has been featured in WAY to many settings and I think we desperately need a break. I'd either go for Chicago or the OP's idea of Alaska. A mutant polar bear pretty much sells it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked