6.1% (8)
6.1% (8)
I'll be fine
9.2% (12)
9.2% (12)
Paranoid
3.8% (5)
3.8% (5)
Come on man, Blizzard have got this, they know what their doing.
26% (34)
26% (34)
keep your Max Payne 3 disc close
16% (21)
16% (21)
It'll be awesome
15.3% (20)
15.3% (20)
It's just you.
13% (17)
13% (17)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Anyone else sort've having a last minute panic about Diablo 3?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well like every dog and their cat, I've gone out and pre-ordered a copy of Blizzard's new sequel to Diablo II. Diablo III.
But as the release date draws closer, and reading through all the info, is anyone else feeling a bit worried about how the game might turn out? I know I am...... I don't know what it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is having these highly complex sophisticated feelings towards Diablo III. still if it does suck Max Payne 3 is still there. I dunno am i just being paranoid?

I don't know how it will turn out, but whatever happens, know this.

Max Payne 3 will be awesome.

One, I am not terribly interested in D3. Played the second one a lot but I don't think I want to touch it again and by extension D3, too. Yet still it's a Blizzard game. What do you expect? Blizzard know how to make games that appeal to gamers as evidenced by each one of their games. I don't really know what you're worried about. Seriously, I don't know what info related to the game can cast doubt on that.

I'm starting my prac teaching session tomorrow (5 weeks straight) so I won't be picking up D3 until mid-june.

Suffice to say, i'm not worried at all. Most of the big bugs will be gone by the time I get around to grabbing it.

You're just being paranoid. You know you'll like it. Else you wouldn't buy it.

Plus, blizzard will treat it right I'm sure. I personally can't wait for it. >.> My girlfriend is actually interested in playing it. Huge plus to not be alone.

Just Keep Calm and Chive On man, that's my advice. I know I'm looking forward to Max Payne 3 though, with all it's noir goodness.

oplinger:

Hah! If only that would be true all the time. *looks at his copies of Brink and Spore with pain in his heart*

Nope because I made peace with it not being worth my time a long while ago, they didn't make the game I wanted so they do not get my money, it is just that simple.

I never played Diablo II, so I'm not very invested in the series.

If it's a good game, then I'll be happy. For a lot of other people though, it's probably going to have to be better than Diablo II to warrant the wait.

I'm experiencing the opposite. I had a day of madness yesterday when I actually considered buying it.

Then I watched the ending on youtube and everything came flying back. Diablo III can kiss my ass!

Well my missus plays WoW so she did the year thingy and got D3 free, she got it for me bless her.

So I haven't paid for it therefore, if it's shit, i've lost nothing.

I expect a fun, well-made game that by the end will have some massive flaws that bring down the whole experience, and some unfitting corny writing on par with the average fanfiction amidst an otherwise well fleshed-out setting and story.

Basically, standard fare for recent Blizzard releases.

Cant wait for the Inferno mode. Only thing I'm panicked about is will it get here on time. Ordered the new Diablo Mouse as well. So looking forward to this.

If i wanted to play WoW i'd play WoW not a watered down version of it, sorry but blizz ain't what it used to be

I take it you didn't know that Amazon UK has run out of stock for that game? I got a email yesterday that the delievery could be delay due to high demand of it (I didn't pay for the release date delievery so I was expecting it to arrive a few days later). Either way I'm not too bother as I'm not overly excited to get my hand on it as soon as possible.

42:
Well like every dog and their cat, I've gone out and pre-ordered a copy of Blizzard's new sequel to Diablo II. Diablo III.

I wonder what animal I am then, because I'm obviously not a dog or cat, neither do I have any of those as a pet.

Can I be an eagle?!!

Captcha: mustachioed.

Yeah, can I be a mustachioed eagle?!

Either way, there is always Torchlight 2 right?

I won't be playing Diablo 3 for a while mostly because my desktop is going on its fourth week of being "Repaired" by Futureshop...

Perhaps it would have been a better idea to wait until actual feedback on the game came out before putting down money on it. That's what smart consumers do.

Cowabungaa:
Just Keep Calm and Chive On man, that's my advice. I know I'm looking forward to Max Payne 3 though, with all it's noir goodness.

oplinger:

Hah! If only that would be true all the time. *looks at his copies of Brink and Spore with pain in his heart*

Brink butchered the idea of a Parkour shooter, didn't it?

I can only pray Prey 2 does it right, and that by some divine intervention Bethesda doesn't make it glitchy as fuck. Which could go so much worse with the parkour mechanics making stuff more complicated.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying Magicka, for the Diablo-esque gameplay, and the funnies. Should I?

Oh yes Max Payne 3 will be very very awesome.

I'm sorry...what was that about Diablo 3?

Pretty sure it'll be like Diablo II multiplayer with a pay-to-win option and no offline mode.

So... not good. I was actually less fond of Diablo II than plain ol' Diablo.

As for Max Payne 3... what? Totally different genre, no basis for comparison. Unless you're talking about sales, in which case... they'll both do fine. Most people buy hype.

Yes and no.

The only reason I played Diablo II was to have fun with friends. I never touched PvP and I don't know the story. My friend who didn't have the cinematic disc installed skipped all the cutscenes for me.

My biggest fear will be that my friends get too far ahead of me in the level department and decide to "run" me through the game to catch up to them.

It's Bliz. They don't make bad games. I've yet to come across one that I haven't enjoyed playing and I doubt anything will change. Diablo 3 is going to be awesome. If you loved Diablo 2 your pretty much guaranteed to love Diablo 3. It still has that same great game play that we all know and love. Yeah there's a few choices that I haven't agreed with but nothing more than a minor annoyance. These things that everyone are saying makes the game total shit, its a load of bs. Don't listen to the haters out there. Nothing good can ever come of that.

I'm more excited than ever for this game.

Can't wait to go to the midnight release

Binnsyboy:

Brink butchered the idea of a Parkour shooter, didn't it?

I can only pray Prey 2 does it right, and that by some divine intervention Bethesda doesn't make it glitchy as fuck. Which could go so much worse with the parkour mechanics making stuff more complicated.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying Magicka, for the Diablo-esque gameplay, and the funnies. Should I?

Nah, that wasn't the issue with Brink. The issue was the fact that it was so multiplayer focused, but it's multiplayer component was plain ol' broken. That and it was very low on content. The whole parkour part wasn't really fleshed out that well, so it was neither bad or good.

As for Prey 2, that's just being published by Bethesda, it's developed by Human Head Studios who developed the first Prey as well.

Magicka is really worth it by the way. It's very silly, with pretty unique combat and lot's of trolling potential. You'll be killed more often by your friends than by any enemy. Damn sure worth a laugh.

The open beta showed me how fun the game is. Got dull quickly since there wasn't much content, but I'm sure it'll turn out great.
I'm hungover as fuck at the moment though. Hoping it will pass before I'm about to stand in line during the midnight release(then proceed to wait nine hours before being able to play it -_-).

Nope. But I've actually played the demo so I know how the game is.

I've played SC2 and some WoW, the D3 open beta and seen the D3 ending cinematics, and seen the leaked SC2.2 ending cinematic.

I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard can't write good plots anymore; It's all very childish with amateur dialogue.

Yes. I'm seriously worried that the game will not only be good, but also be massively successful, which would be a very bad thing.

If Diablo III is successful, it would send the message to publishers that always-online DRM (and yes, it is DRM, to think otherwise is incredibly foolish) is okay, when it most definitely isn't.

There is no other reason needed to not buy Diablo III.

Not bothered one little bit, not a fan of the Diablo series, I'm not getting it. I'm just not fond of the top-down hack and slash style.

Max Payne is awesome though.

I won't have the 60$ now.

I will however have 20$ next month.

It's gonna be Torchlight 2 for me, so I ain't worried not care about Diablo.

Diablo III, in my opinion, is gonna suck. It looks like a clone of WoW and won't have nearly as dark of a tone as Diablo II had. That combined with the Always-On crap makes it a no-sale for me.

That's just how I feel about it. Also not a fan of Max Payne either. Hm.

I'm picking it up because I dont have a choice, my friend wants to play it so he's literally buying it for my brother and I. So, I look forward to playing with friends but I'm not sure how the game will be no.

I'm STILL not sure how the level system works, it's not a tree so...you buy skills as the levels come around? But you can't straight out level a skill. I'm totally thrown off by that and I have no idea how it works exactly, I only played through the beta once with 2 friends who were not giving me much time at all to look at it. :\

I expect the game to be good. This is Bizzard we are talking about here and since Diablo, they've been fairly consistent.

Is it going to live up to 12 years of anticipation? Well not really. Nothing lives up to that much hype.

Going to play it? Probably not. I'm not really a PC gamer. I use the computer for my freelance writing business and I can't allow myself to play games on it.

If it were to be ported? Hell no. Played the PS1 version of Diablo and it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth almost 15 years later.

loc978:
Pretty sure it'll be like Diablo II multiplayer with a pay-to-win option and no offline mode.

It's not really pay to win, because levelling pvp is always going to be imbalanced, so the auction house will be pretty irrelevant there, and everybody's going to have the same gear at endgame anyway, which is the only time pvp will be balanced in the slightest. It's more like pay to save yourself a lot of time if you prefer.

I guess you could say it undermines the whole concept of a loot hunting game to give people that option, which is a mentality I can get behind, but the only thing the auction house is flat out ruining is pvp in the levelling stages, which was going to be imbalanced and broken auction house or no auction house.

Last hour or so has been a bit fraught while I pissed about trying to get the launcher/setup working, but I fixed that and now I'm looking forward to my first all nighter in a while :)

P.S. Demon Hunters ftw

EDIT: For my EU brothers and sisters, if you've had the game downloaded for a while you might find it doesn't work. There is an updated installer at the below link that will work.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008460883

Specifically for the English and German versions. If you get stuck on a little window that says "Updating Setup Files" then you need to track down your Battle.net folder and delete it. Older versions of the Agent.exe update tool can interfere with your download.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked