"Every New Game From Now On Must ___________" (fill in the blank)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Hello, my fellow Escapists!

Got another random question for you all. Imagine you've been made Supreme Dictator of Videogames for a single decision. Whatever you dictate will be an industry rule that can and will never be broken. In other words, just as the thread title says, fill in the blank: "Every New Game From Now On Must ________".

So stuff like "Every new Game From Now On Must Contain A Rail-Shooter Section." or "Every New Game From Now On Must Contain At Least One Sex Scene."

Or it can be a negative statement like "Every New Game From Now On Must NOT Have DRM." "Every New Game From Now On Must NOT Have Day-1 DLC."

Any rule you make will be completely universal. That means it will apply to all genres: survival-horror, MMO, shooter, RPG...EVERYTHING will abide by your golden rule.

So my little dictators, what would you dictate to the gaming world if given the chance?

Ever new game from now on must not suck. There. That is a blanket statement that will help the industry.

Be made by an independent studio.

AstylahAthrys:
Ever new game from now on must not suck. There. That is a blanket statement that will help the industry.

Has to be more specific than that. A game that you think sucks might be someone else's favorite game.

Have full on sex scenes so I don't have to choose between gaming and masterbating. FULL ON and very GRAPHIC, NO CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!! Let's just stop with the barely covered bodies and go full on.

captcha: Stand up guy, so very true :)

Every new game must have graphical fidelity that is roughly on par with other games released that year. It doesn't matter if that detracts from the resources or focus that would normally be developed on other, more important parts of the game, give me those big texture files, detailed models, and shaders!

...oh, wait, most major devs are already doing that.

Every new game from now on must star Frank West and his delicious puns

Every new game from now on must exist.

*glares at Half-life 3, Battlefront 3, and Homeworld 3*

Every new game must stop catering to the 12 year olds who can't accept that they lost a game and don't get stories with subtlety and mature themes.
Or they must ban every troll who plays it.

"Every game from now on is *FORBIDDEN* from being 'streamlined' into oblivion."

Every game from now on must be narrated by the dude who narrated Bastion.

Every new game from now on must not receive paid DLC unless it is over 1/3 of the size of the full game.

Every game from now on must send a copy to me at no cost to myself for "evaluation" purposes. (Does not imply an obligation to actually evaluate or even play the games).

Every game from now on must allow you to skip the tutorial, and also any opening cutscenes.

Have fully bindable controls on all systems.

Every game from now on must have a blank check and no time constraints on development, on the condition that if the finished product is not worth every penny/second spent making it everyone on the dev team gets fed to the Kraken.

That way, we get no good games being spoiled by stingy publishers rushing them out before they're ready, without every game coming down with Duke Nukem Forever syndrome.

Every new game from now on is not allowed to be a quick cash-in sequel and sequels can only arise if a developer feels that there is more of the story of the characters/world to tell in a way that builds upon, expands and differentiates it from the original.

...Yeah I wouldn't last long as the supreme dictator, probably be overthrown within 5 minutes of declaring this at my first rally *sigh*

Every game must have an option for larger text (like Vanquish), because I can't think of a dumber way to sabotage your game than to make the menus and the rest of the text a headache to read.

Feature Morgan Freeman as a voice actor or narrator.

be priced more reasonably like 30 or 40 dollars.

Be released earlier in Europe.

OhJohnNo:
Every new game from now on must exist.

*glares at Half-life 3, Battlefront 3, and Homeworld 3*

Me and my friend just popped in battlefront 1 and 2 and were saying why can't call of duty be this good. I wish pandemic had made battlefront 3.

The_Blue_Rider:
Every new game from now on must star Frank West and his delicious puns

I could get behind that.

Every new game from now on must have Bacon to be able to redeemed and delivered to your door.

or to be more realistic

Every new game must release on the same day. Especially if it's available digitally.

Must perma ban the consoles of all online players who fail to meet the code of etiquette. Preferably using a health bar system similar to the one on this website just in case someone slips up and does something by accident. A tough but sure way to do population control on trolls.

Ready a big budget 2D game every couple of years. Yeah no more of this, "it has to be on Xbox live or PSN to survive bullshit." Can have big budget 3D games and 2D ones to choose from. All gamers would eventually suck it up and play one of them if they were coming out on a regular basis. Really pisses me off that if I want my 2D fix, then I have to download it or really search for or a gem like Rayman Origins. Don't think 2D games with a good budget should have ever gone away, bring back the Snes and Neo Geo way of doing things.

Every New Game From Now On Must Have an exciting, emotional and engaging story with meaningful and well developed characters"
Come on guys its not that hard check out Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect stories if you want ideas for stories I for one am tired to be shooting at the same generic Nazi/Russian enemies over and over.

Thoric485:
Be made by an independent studio.

That would commit suicide on the industry

OT:

I'd say either not suck or have no DRM.

Must contain a character called Obelointmentfongentiala who is instrumental to the game and its plot also every other character has to name reference them at least once every hundred words of their dialogue.

Or no DLC without a bloody good reason (so basically almost no DLC), whatever works.

Have a useable television with mst3k on it. Hey I can dream, can't I?

Every game from now on must have at least 2 months minimum reserved for play-testing, bug fixes, and quality assurance.

Take the player's point of view into account during design. At all times.

Every game from now on must have highly adjustable graphics ranging from the beautiful modern graphics to NES level so computer specs are not an issue to play the newest, most entertaining games.

Every new game from now on must be developed as a single game with no plans for a sequel or add on DLC.

You can still make those but you can't plan them until the game has launched.

Every new game from now on must be good.

It's so simple, yet it's so all-encompassing. At the same time, it's not limiting. Every game just needs to be good.

Captcha: one stop shop. Yeah, pretty much.

Every new game from now on must have replay value.

And blackjack. And hookers.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked