Why hasn't this Mario Game been made?

A game where you play as Bowser trying to kidnap the princess. Or maybe one of his henchmen. It could be a stealthy game where you sneak through the castle or maybe even a sandbox style game where you hunt all over mushroom kingdom for her. If there's any way to make the Mario formula fresh again this would be it.

That might involve anyone in Mushroom Kingdom having half a brain, and would notice anything going on, which they seem not to. That said, it's a solid idea, and I bet it would be successful.

I'm still wondering why they didn't release Kirby Tilt'n Tumble in PAL format!
I F**KING WANT IT!

Sooo you win by suceeding to capture the princess? There's not many games where players play as a villain . Plus capturing peach and/or killing mario isn't very child friendly . Fans would be pissed. And if you fail , then whats the point of the game?

Now if we get to play as both sides , it could be interesting .

Ooh, better one, Mario: the Manhunt, in where Luigi, Yoshi, and Peach were murdered/raped/mutiliated and Mario is out for revenge. To be played like Manhunt. Personally wouldn't play it as I don't own a Wii, nor do I find it interesting. Just got a really interesting brain.

Silk_Sk:
A game where you play as Bowser trying to kidnap the princess. Or maybe one of his henchmen. It could be a stealthy game where you sneak through the castle or maybe even a sandbox style game where you hunt all over mushroom kingdom for her. If there's any way to make the Mario formula fresh again this would be it.

It sounds like fun but makes me think that people would be frustrated at his insanely slow movement speed.

Still, I'd play it.

Captcha:

I think it's trying to tell me something.

TizzytheTormentor:
I'm still wondering why they didn't release Kirby Tilt'n Tumble in PAL format!
I F**KING WANT IT!

Good news on that front: Gameboy Color games (and games for all Nintendo handhelds, for that matter) are region free, and the PAL/NTSC divide doesn't exist, since those are analog TV standards while said handhelds use a proprietary digital display. If you can find a copy for sale someplace that is willing to ship it to you, you can play an American or Japanese copy.

OT: Sounds like an interesting idea. Only problem is, I'm not sure who at Nintendo could develop it; it's like nothing they've ever done.

Don't you understand their relationship dynamic? Bowser needs to do something big and grand everytime he "captures" Peach because the princess is a danger slut and only puts out when her life is in peril. And simple "kidnapping" does not do it the way it used to. Now Bowser needs to threaten the entire galaxy in order to get a rise out of her.

Mario is not the Princess's lover. He is the guy the kingdom keeps on retainer as a troubleshooter. I guess daddy does not approve of Bowser or something. How else can he have time for all of those hobbies?

Because squashing mushrooms is not as bad as roasting toadstools.

No seriously though, it's either because everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom is no naive that there aren't any real defences (maybe just a boss battle with Mario at the end of your leisurely stroll) or because Nintendo is too caught up in rehashing it to think about trying anything original.

Sounds...like a terrible idea. Sounds like that Carmen Sandiego-esque Mario is Missing, which tried to change things up, but from the perspective of trying to set up a different game--and remember what happened when Bioware tried that with Dragon Age 2?. The Mario games have never been about characters, plot, or reason, but the setting and how that setting is traversed. Even the RPGs of the series eschew characterization and motivation, in favor of gameplay. This would be like a Metroid game where they avoided focusing on Samus being awesome across wildly varying situations and instead put her in a position where her intelligence and independence are dependent upon her proximity to a big burly man.

Oh wait...

Actually there was a mini-game in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door that let you play as Bowser in the classic Super Mario Bros it's actually quite awesome. His movement speed isn't all that, but his abilities make up for it. I'd play a game as Bowser, but probably not to catch the princess. Nintendo's good must win policy would make Bowser lose in the end anyway. However a game where Bowser had to take back his kingdom would be pretty sweet.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked