So, Pirates are Playing Diablo 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Itsthefuzz:
That's a positive, because I do not exaggerate whenever I mention that I want to buy ANY game he says "Well, you could just pirate it." The really sad part is that he's not saying it to be snooty or superior... He doesn't understand why people would PAY for a game they could "Borrow" for free, because it's just digital junk. He's a smart guy, but for some reason he can't wrap his head around that.

Yeah, I have a few friends who are just like him. Fortunately for me I could spare two copies so I get to play it with two of them. That's what I have to do to get my friends to play games with me. xD

It's worth it though, all the hours of fun we all get out of the money is more than enough.

nu1mlock:

Itsthefuzz:
That's a positive, because I do not exaggerate whenever I mention that I want to buy ANY game he says "Well, you could just pirate it." The really sad part is that he's not saying it to be snooty or superior... He doesn't understand why people would PAY for a game they could "Borrow" for free, because it's just digital junk. He's a smart guy, but for some reason he can't wrap his head around that.

Yeah, I have a few friends who are just like him. Fortunately for me I could spare two copies so I get to play it with two of them. That's what I have to do to get my friends to play games with me.

It's worth it though, all the hours of fun we all get out of the money is more than enough.

Based on the fact that he did like D2, and wants to play D3, I bet he'll break down and buy the game when no crack/emulator arrives.

Dryk:
Source?

I wouldn't be surprised though, this always happens

I don't even require a damned source I've seen pirates fix issues in games to make them run better. and overule stuff to get shit done easier.

Wether its a bug or dlc if they really want it they're getting it

Itsthefuzz:
Based on the fact that he did like D2, and wants to play D3, I bet he'll break down and buy the game when no crack/emulator arrives.

I hope so, it's absolutely worth it. I'm having so much fun, I'd even pay more if I had to. I most probably have to get another copy for another friend though, so I guess that's what I'll do.

Itsthefuzz:

shintakie10:

Itsthefuzz:

I think you missed the first 6~ hours of the launch.

And the rest of the day? Or the day after that? Or today perhaps? What happened durin those other times. The game works. As of this point the only issues a legitimate customer should be facin is regularly scheduled downtime, which if Starcraft 2 is the example to go by, once every few weeks on off peak hours and an hour or so on patch days. What do the pirates have right now? A shoddy as hell beta emulator and the promise of an even more shoddy D3 emulator.

My point isn't saying that "The game didn't work once so pirating it is better." I'm saying your statement that the game will work whenever you expect it to is an overstatement, unless you're claiming that I will never want to play the game when servers are down/in maintenance/etc.

The game will work as it says it will work were my exact words. What does that mean exactly? It means that if there is scheduled maintenance on tuesday and the game is down for that scheduled maintenance, it is still workin as it says it will work. The bad launch was a one time deal because it was just that. A massive world wide launch of one of the most anticipated games of the year.

nu1mlock:

Itsthefuzz:

I hope so, it's absolutely worth it. I'm having so much fun, I'd even pay more if I had to. I most probably have to get another copy for another friend though, so I guess that's what I'll do.

With school being done I'm applying for a part time job right now, in hopes of getting D3 + GW2 + Saving up for a new computer, since this ones quite old now, but still able to play most games at normal quality. Hopefully I'll be saving the world from Diablo a third time as Mumbo the Witch Doctor sometime soon!

shintakie10:

Itsthefuzz:

shintakie10:

And the rest of the day? Or the day after that? Or today perhaps? What happened durin those other times. The game works. As of this point the only issues a legitimate customer should be facin is regularly scheduled downtime, which if Starcraft 2 is the example to go by, once every few weeks on off peak hours and an hour or so on patch days. What do the pirates have right now? A shoddy as hell beta emulator and the promise of an even more shoddy D3 emulator.

My point isn't saying that "The game didn't work once so pirating it is better." I'm saying your statement that the game will work whenever you expect it to is an overstatement, unless you're claiming that I will never want to play the game when servers are down/in maintenance/etc.

The game will work as it says it will work were my exact words. What does that mean exactly? It means that if there is scheduled maintenance on tuesday and the game is down for that scheduled maintenance, it is still workin as it says it will work. The bad launch was a one time deal because it was just that. A massive world wide launch of one of the most anticipated games of the year.

I still really doubt there will never be unexpected server downtime.

shintakie10:
The game will work as it says it will work were my exact words. What does that mean exactly? It means that if there is scheduled maintenance on tuesday and the game is down for that scheduled maintenance, it is still workin as it says it will work. The bad launch was a one time deal because it was just that. A massive world wide launch of one of the most anticipated games ever.

There, fixed it for you. And yes, I agree, except for the unfortunate launch, I am sure the game will work it says it will work.

Itsthefuzz:

Usin Starcraft 2 as a great example of that. After initial launch I can think of maybe twice since the game has been out that there was any form of unexpected downtime.

Itsthefuzz:

I'm sure there will be unexpected downtime sometime. But I'm also sure they'll fix whatever the reason was really quick. And I'm sure those downtimes will be very few too.

It's not worse than some games which mess up everything completely and becomes unplayable after patches (which can't be fixed as quick).

Edit: And with that I bid you all goodbye, it's 02:32 and I'm off to sleep.

Speaking personally, you're not missing much.

Bostur:
To 'crack' D3 would require developing a standalone server for it.

Hi Starcraft II.....

DigitalAtlas:

Bostur:

Hi Starcraft II.....

Isn't the pirated version of Starcraft 2 pretty much shit though outside of givin you the single player?

shintakie10:

DigitalAtlas:

Bostur:

Hi Starcraft II.....

Isn't the pirated version of Starcraft 2 pretty much shit though outside of givin you the single player?

Ha! Haha! HAH!

No, they're identical.

The way the 'crack' exists is that you could run the beta on cracked servers or an emulator so some people are adopting that method with moderate success.

There will certainly be a D3 crack within the next week. DRM has been proven time and time again that no matter how strong you make it, it will ALWAYS be cracked.

I don't think companies realize that the people doing the cracks hate pirates. They think they're pussies who are destroying the industry.
The reason they make the cracks is because the idiot companies make it a big and fun challenge. It's like saying 'you can't drive at 200mph on a public road' - people with cars able to do so will be all 'challenge accepted'.

Assassin's Creed 2...0

As much as I hate to say it:
Blizzard deserve to have it pirated.

Perhaps it will show them that stupid policies only harm the legitimate consumer.
Or perhaps they won't learn a thing and lose a wad of potential cash.

nu1mlock:
Most of Diablo 3's content is generated, saved and run by the server such as quests, events, loot and well, you get the point.

Sauce? I mean, yeah, it's technically feasible, it's what MMOs do, and considering the MMO Blizzard runs... but this would also make single player subject to the disconcerting phenomena of desynch and lag.

*sips a beer*

*smirks*
*metal horns*

Spartan1362:
As much as I hate to say it:
Blizzard deserve to have it pirated.

Perhaps it will show them that stupid policies only harm the legitimate consumer.
Or perhaps they won't learn a thing and lose a wad of potential cash.

And that's the only way they'll ever learn. Sadly, think of how potentially long that'll take to effectively happen? It's not like the people are ever going to get around to actually do anything about it except whine and bicker about it. Except the pirates; they do something about it, hilariously enough.

Hey, it's not like this has never happened before. Same thing happens with Ubisoft games.

Well, considering that the game is built around that constant internet connection and it serves as more then DRM, I'm fairly certain Blizzard gives no fucks as it celebrates its new game.

MercurySteam:
Hey, it's not like this has never happened before. Same thing happens with Ubisoft games.

Except it doesn't and I play offline Ubisoft titles all the time.

Navigate to the game folder and play it. You don't need the launcher.

ResonanceSD:

This was back when they had their 'Always-On' DRM in play when the Ubi servers went down for a day.

MercurySteam:

ResonanceSD:

This was back when they had their 'Always-On' DRM in play when the Ubi servers went down for a day.

MercurySteam:

^ So basically you said "it still happens now to UB games"

And then later said "actually it doesn't"

?

Everyone likes to beat up on ubisoft, they're one of the few publishers who actually listen to what people are saying about their control systems.

ResonanceSD:
So basically you said "it still happens now to UB games"

And then later said "actually it doesn't"

?

MercurySteam:
Hey, it's not like this has never happened before. Same thing happened with Ubisoft games.

Happy now? I never bought any Ubisoft games for PC anyway so it's just what I hear.

evilneko:
Sauce? I mean, yeah, it's technically feasible, it's what MMOs do, and considering the MMO Blizzard runs... but this would also make single player subject to the disconcerting phenomena of desynch and lag.

I'll leave you at the entrance. Keep digging and you will find the sauce :D

DigitalAtlas:
Ha! Haha! HAH!

No, they're identical.

Unless of course you want to do multiplayer ladder, wich is actually the only reason to buy SC as the free "starter version" gives you everything else anyway.

shintakie10:

That is exactly right, the single player SC II you can get pirated or for free from blizz. The multiplayer ladder (focus of SC II IMO) is only accessible if you have an original copy.

MercurySteam:
I never bought any Ubisoft games for PC anyway so it's just what I hear.

Has never bought a Ubisoft game for PC, comments on issues surrounding Ubi DRM.

Twilight_guy:
Well, considering that the game is built around that constant internet connection and it serves as more then DRM, I'm fairly certain Blizzard gives no fucks as it celebrates its new game.

A lot of good things can be said about the new DRM system, however a bugged launch (shield follower bug) + the lack of ready spaces on servers (queuing up for single player) hurt Blizzard pretty bad. They have an excellent customer service team though, who I imagine have been quite busy lately.

But still, the metacritic bombing is pretty dumb -_- especially as most of it is people who haven't played the game and are still talking about game elements as if they've actually experienced them

Grey Day for Elcia:

Rawne1980:
To be fair, if anyone thought it would stop the pirates then they have to be amazingly naive.

And yet here we are, once again seeing the honest consumer screwed.

Piracy has so much going for it--it's free, you bypass all DRM, it's free, you get all the on-disc DLC, it's free--so why is Blizzard giving their honest supporters, the people doing the right thing, more reasons to steal their product?

I'm against piracy (the artist deserves to be paid for their work and you don't get to steal something because you want it for free) but I'm finding it hard to hold it against anyone who would choose to steal D3. Yeah, they did the wrong thing, but how much is enough, ya know?

Really blows me away that D3 has sold so well. You'd think all these people complaining would see poor sales >_> Are we really just gonna roll over every time this DRM issue comes up? Yeah, I'm sure with record pre-orders and massive sales, Blizzard (or anyone else) will never use DRM again -_- Nice message you're sending them, guys; "We hate DRM! But we will buy your stuff anyway."

Well, in this case it's probably because of that whole "real money marketplace" thing. They NEED online authentication to maintain control of that business.

Besides, if it bothers you that much, why not just use the crack on your legit copy? Just cause you bought it legit doesn't mean you can't... well on second thought, the license agreement prohibits modifying the game without permission, which means you're still breaking the law, even though you bought the game. Might as well just go all the way and steal it if you're going to become a crook anyhow.

Here's a great question for this entire thread:

>You people clearly own the game
>From what I understand, none of you can play it
>Pirates cracked it and are loving it

Why don't you pirate a copy, crack it, and play that until the game is back online....? It's not like it's piracy IF YOU OWN IT.

DigitalAtlas:

Why don't you pirate a copy, crack it, and play that until the game is back online....? It's not like it's piracy IF YOU OWN IT.

Ahh.... you are wrong in all 3:

- We licenced the game, but whatev, you can say we own it.
- We all can play it, some of us couldnt for 4 hours 3 days ago, and that's about it.
- There is no freaking pirate version of this game in the world at the moment.

Hope i have clarified some errors.

Great work blizzard, screwing your own customers for absolutely no good reason and giving everyone incentive to pirate your game.
THUMBS UP.

ResonanceSD:

MercurySteam:

So only people who by Ubi games can rip on their DRM? That's so funny it's sad.

When Ubisoft did have always-on DRM there where certain times when the servers where down and the pirates were merrily playing their pirated copes while people who paid for their copies didn't.

The funniest part is that you're taking this as person insult. Just chill the hell out.

MercurySteam:

ResonanceSD:

MercurySteam:

So only people who by Ubi games can rip on their DRM? That's so funny it's sad.

When Ubisoft did have always-on DRM there where certain times when the servers where down and the pirates were merrily playing their pirated copes while people who paid for their copies didn't.

I forgot, it's always a good idea to discuss things that you've never experienced, you should read my blog, I talk about how to date supermodels.

Oh, and once again, offline mode worked. Sure, I missed out on achievements like "stab someone whilst falling from a roof" in AC2.

Reet72:
Great work blizzard, screwing your own customers for absolutely no good reason and giving everyone incentive to pirate your game.
THUMBS UP.

Blizzard is in a pretty good position to respond to the problem though, being blizzard and having a giant pile of cash to fix things with.

Tanakh:

DigitalAtlas:

Ahh.... you are wrong in all 3:

- We licenced the game, but whatev, you can say we own it.
- We all can play it, some of us couldnt for 4 hours 3 days ago, and that's about it.
- There is no freaking pirate version of this game in the world at the moment.

Hope i have clarified some errors.

Why thank you.

Also, a pirate version does exist. I can find three cracks by checking a certain forum that starts with a "W"

ResonanceSD:
I forgot, it's always a good idea to discuss things that you've never experienced, you should read my blog, I talk about how to date supermodels.

Back when Ubi had their Alway-On DRM introduced, people stopped buying their PC games for the very reason I never bought them: NOBODY wants to deal with always-on. And everybody (whether they bought their games or not) complained, boycotted and carried on until they changed it.

If a company makes a bad decision, which can affect the enitre industry (nobody wants to see this DRM applied widespread) anybody has the right to complain.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked