Pages PREV 1 2 3

So many possible choices...

Just Cause 2 for 5
The Darkness for 5
The Orange Box for 20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for 28

amongst others

And woo! 1000 posts. I shall celebrate in the only way I know how

$20 for Borderlands two months ago. I've just started Playthrough 2 on my first character and I'm 127 hours in.

The original Contra still gets beaten a few times a year 20 years after I got it. So it has the longest attention span award from me.

X-Com UFO Defense. Might and Magic Isles of Terra. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

Persona 4 -$20 for over 160 hours of gameplay combined. Going back for my third play-through soon.

TF2 -It's free, so, yeah. I plan on playing it A LOT during the summer.

Disgaea series -Gotta grind up to level 9,999!!! (Current level in D3: 268)

Quake 2, no contest really, but then that's really not a fair comparison for modern games to compete against. At the time it came out, it was the only online game option worth playing, which meant the entire online gaming world played it, and it alone.

In more modern gaming times I'd have to say TF2. And more recently still, Shogun 2, but that's more of a personal addiction I just can't shake.

Exclusively sticking to completion time to price ratio;
Persona 4 - Cost $20 - 1 Playthrough 98 Hours

Daikatana. $5. I have never laughed so hard.
Blood Bowl. $7. I bloody love Blood Bowl.
Myst Trilogy boxed Set. $20. First three installments of my favourite game series.
Syberia. $10. Maybe the best point-and-click game ever.

Not to mention Dwarf Fortress and Extreme Warfare Revenge, both freeware, and having far far FAR too many hours in.

Suikoden 2, free. Worth about 120 and I have had over 120 hours playing it.

My most played game is Day of Defeat: Source. Payed $2.50USD and it's my most played game with 150 hours.

Far Cry 2. Because it's a great game with a massive amount of content... and I got it for free.

Football Manager 2012, $24 CDN on Steam, and have 284 hours on it. That number continues to grow. Rapidly.

Final Fantasy Adventure for $3. The color version.

It goes for $150-$200 on eBay and Amazon. Fucking YES. Also, I might not even sell it because it is a FANTASTICALLY AWESOME GAME.

Planetside, original. Must have clocked...goddamn hundreds upon thousands of hours over years of gameplay, minimum of 1000 hours; the next closest game i've played as much as planetside doesn't even come close, maybe 1% as much time spent.

Killing Floor.
Morrowind.
Mount and blade warband.

Killing floor is just fucking awesome, especially since it's SO STABLE, the netcode is awesome, I don't lag like a bitch unlike TF2.

Morrowind and mount and blade warband are good vanilla, but omg, both are so moddable, they both have such awesome modding systems.

not in gameplay hours, but in amount of fun, The Orange Box pretty much made up for its AR$275 tag about 2 days after purchasing =P

I'm pretty sure it has to be either:

Dynasty Warriors 5 for PS2

Civilization V for PC.

One of those two. DW5 is probably still in the lead (it was the major hobby of my best friend and mine for many years to play this split screen co-op), but CivV must be edging it out by now.

Oblivion Game of the year.

modding it to hell and back has probably allowed me to put easily a thousand hours of gameplay into that game.
hell maybe at the end of the summer I'll boot it again. See what tesnexus has up their sleeve for me.

Around late 2010 I found Saint's Row 2 in the bargain bin of a Gamestop for $12. It was a choice between that and a 3 choice takeout at a Panda Express two shops down... I think I made the right decision.

Persona 3 FES. 25 USD, 140 hours. 18 cents per hour.

Skyrim is a close second. 60 USD, nearly 300 hours. 20 cents per hour.

I need to get outside more.

Gottesstrafe:
Around late 2010 I found Saint's Row 2 in the bargain bin of a Gamestop for $12. It was a choice between that and a 3 choice takeout at a Panda Express two shops down... I think I made the right decision.

No way! You should've definitely gotten the game!

Fallout 3, probably. I bought it for around $30, played it for about 200 hours. Might even return to it this summer.

Honorable mention goes to Kingdom Hearts 2, which I played for countless hours when I was younger. I have no idea what number to put on my playtime for that game, but it probably far exceeds Fallout 3, and I bought it for $20.

I bought Killing Floor on Steam for $6 last Christmas sale and I've so far put 103 hours into it. SO yea...that's it haha.

I'm at near 1700 hours on Tf2, so that...I guess...

JEBWrench:

Gottesstrafe:

I wouldn't be posting in this thread if I hadn't bought the game...

Gottesstrafe:

JEBWrench:

Gottesstrafe:

I wouldn't be posting in this thread if I hadn't bought the game...

I'm both trolling AND stupid, naturally.

Morrowind- $20 for the GOTY version with the expansions and all, and after mods and such, I think I'm probably pushing 1000 hours on that. So that's pretty great.

After that, all of the Personas (60-80 hours a play through, P3, FES, P3P, and P4 all bought for 10-30 bucks), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and A2 (150-200 hours each, 30 bucks each), Borderlands (went halfsies with my roommate, so $10 for GOTY), and Tales of Vesperia ($2 actual money)

I bought Fallout New Vegas on special offer (one day only) at EB Games for $20. :D

Nearly any game I've bought during a summer or Christmas sale on Steam. In particular I got Star Wars: KOTOR, Fallout: New Vegas, and Terraria all together for $16.

Too many to list but honourable mentions:

FF7
Minecraft
Orange Box
WOW
Persona 3 & 4
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Borderlands

A considerable amount of my life has been given to these. I REGRET NOTHING...except the possible foursome I could have created. That I regret immensely

Terraria. Bought it for like 2 or something, over 300 hours now. Epic

I got tf2 for 0.
DIVIDE BY ZERO ERROR! ABORT! ABORT!

Technically, the Humble Frozen Synapse bundle. I wanted to get a few people to do the FS multiplayer, so I spent $20 for one bundle, then something like a cent for another copy for myself. The copy I gave away was technically not MY copy, so technically it was a cent. I played FS for maybe 7 hours.

The Orange Box I pre-ordered. Which was awesome. But it probably wasn't a full 4,000 times as awesome. Minecraft gave me a few hundred hours at only 15 bucks, but it's still firmly at over a cent per hour. Civ 5 I'm at around 300 hours but still, I paid full price.

If we arn't being cheap though, Id have to give the prize to one of those 3. Of course, this is barring FtP games.

It's a deadlock between The Binding of Isaac and Plants vs. Zombies. 100+ Hours each for under 10 bucks.

Contrast the average AAA single player game that goes for about 60$ and has about 30-40 hours of playability.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked