Favourite game set in the Wild West?

So, what are your favorite games that are set in the Wild West?

Mine is a tie between Red Dead Redemption and Call of Juarez: Bound in blood, they're both so fun. Slightly off topic but CoJ: The Cartel is on amazon for less than a 5, is it really as bad as the reviews say it is. Is it worth buying even on the cheap?

Captcha: wild west - that's weird, it knows the machine uprising isn't far away.

Stranger's Wrath, man. I think this finally got released on PC, too. It's a relatively mechanically unique FPS game, the character controls interestingly, and the "gun" (basically a crossbow you fire animals out of) has some interesting elements I'm surprised other FPS games haven't copied.

I was going to say Red Dead, but I got ninja'd by the OP. Still that's what I'm saying, and in fact I'd go further, I consider Red Dead the best western ever. Full stop.

Fallout New Vegas with the Wild Wasteland (that happens to be in the west) thing on :)

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Red Dead Revolver. I liked the latter much better than Red Dead Redemption.

Custer's Revenge?

It's not exactly a setting that's been used a whole lot. But yeah, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite. It's one of my favorite games period, though. I completed a second playthrough just a month ago, and did a ton of the extra challenges (which are actually pretty fun).

All of my favourites, Red Dead Redemption, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and Fallout: New Vegas, have already been said. So I guess I'll have to say them again, because those three are indeed the best Wild West-themed games I've played.

I'm going to have to go with Red Dead and Fallout NV, but I haven't played that many westerns.

Red Dead Redemption. Though I am now interested in picking up this Stranger's Wrath that you speak of.

Red Dead Redemption is the best. No point in arguing otherwise. CoJ: Bound in Blood is also an awesome game. A bit short, but gunfights are spectacular. And I loved how you still had the crosshair even when you zoomed in. For some reason it was a lot more immersive than the realistic iron sights in modern shooters. So immersive in fact that one time I almost forgot that I was actually playing a game. Amazing.

Remember GUN? That was a fun free roaming western. A short game but it had a good story, some very fun gameplay elements and great voice actors. Music was also good. Too bad they rushed the entire game for Xbox 360 release. It could have been so much more.

All I can think of right now is that the first Ape Escape game had a small western section in an amusement park towards the end of the game...

But right now, I'm gonna go with Squids Wild West. It's not out yet, but I was a beta tester for it.

Underwater western cities with Squids and the buildings made out of items. It was a lot of fun.

...soo...shameless plug, iOS users keep an eye out for Squids Wild West, coming sometime this summer :P

Red Dead Redemption, Gun, Fallout New Vegas, God Hand, and Wild Arms 3.

The Wild West is a great theme for videogames, shame there isn't many RPG's based in the setting.

GUN, but it's been a long while since I fired it up.

Fistful of Frags for Source engine is really fun, but I'm not 100% sure it counts. Dual wielding a sawed off Winchester and a .44 has an appeal that I always enjoy.

The Town with No Name. It's hilariously horrid.

Was gonna say Age Of Empire 3 But then

Kahunaburger:

Stranger's Wrath, man. I think this finally got released on PC, too. It's a relatively mechanically unique FPS game, the character controls interestingly, and the "gun" (basically a crossbow you fire animals out of) has some interesting elements I'm surprised other FPS games haven't copied.

I Freaking Love that Game!

Zantos:
Red Dead Redemption. Though I am now interested in picking up this Stranger's Wrath that you speak of.

You can get it on original Xbox or PC, I think it's only available download only on the PC. I got no hits on amazon or ebay for a PC copy, it's 7.99 on Steam.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked