Things you never noticed in Pokemon.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

What are they?

The Twin Psychic Gym leaders in R/S/E, I never knew that one of them was a dude.

And I thought that white thing on Brendan's head was his hair.

If I've never noticed them, how would I know about them?

Girafarig is a palindrome. I knew that Eevee and Ho-oh were, but I didn't realise Girafarig was.

Daystar Clarion:

I was going to say this, but I decided to not make myself look like a complete smart-arse.

Lonely Packager:

Daystar Clarion:

I was going to say this, but I decided to not make myself look like a complete smart-arse.

I would be denying who I am if I did not take every opportunity I could to be a smartarse.

I only realised how the town naming systems work recently... In R/B/W it's colours (except for pallet town, which I guess is related), in G/S/C it's trees... I haven't played other generations except remakes though, so I don't know about the rest.

Daystar Clarion:

Lonely Packager:

Daystar Clarion:

I would be denying who I am if I did not take every opportunity I could to be a smartarse.

Well then shine on, you beautiful deliverer of smart-arsery.

Lonely Packager:
Girafarig is a palindrome. I knew that Eevee and Ho-oh were, but I didn't realise Girafarig was.

It's the only relevant one too

Sean Hollyman:
The Twin Psychic Gym leaders in R/S/E, I never knew that one of them was a dude.

I didn't realise that for years either

Sean Hollyman:

It's not? O.o

Sean Hollyman:

WUT. I played through Emerald about a month ago, and I spent a while on the psychic bosses, always thinking "Stupid twin girls, they suck >:("

And Brendans... thing. What is it? Doesn't look like a hat to me.

TheRightToArmBears:
I only realised how the town naming systems work recently... In R/B/W it's colours (except for pallet town, which I guess is related), in G/S/C it's trees... I haven't played other generations except remakes though, so I don't know about the rest.

I never noticed that O.o

Dryk:

Sean Hollyman:

It's not? O.o

Dryk:

Sean Hollyman:

It's not? O.o

GeneralTwinkle:

Sean Hollyman:

WUT. I played through Emerald about a month ago, and I spent a while on the psychic bosses, always thinking "Stupid twin girls, they suck >:("

And Brendans... thing. What is it? Doesn't look like a hat to me.

Nope, it's a hat. Check out those black sideburns.

Hitmonlee and hitmonchan are named after Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan

Captcha: klatu berada nikto what, I don't even..

Lonely Packager:

imageAlomomola is too.

I'm sure there's something, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

That the person in the Gym that helps you can be quite the dumbass

Heatran looks like a turd with rocks and a face stuck to it...

Take a look at diglett here:

No but really something I did realize about diglett and dugtrio in gen 5 is that it gets the move hone claws. Diglett has claws because it is a mole. I now have a reasonably good idea what it looks like underground.

People eat Pokemon. Where else is everyone going to get their meat?

him over there:

No but really something I did realize about diglett and dugtrio in gen 5 is that it gets the move hone claws. Diglett has claws because it is a mole. I now have a reasonably good idea what it looks like underground.

How is it a tooth? It's pink..

Also, long URL lol

Sean Hollyman:

him over there:

Also, long URL lol

No like, the pink is an open mouth and the reflected white light is a buck tooth.

him over there:

Sean Hollyman:

him over there:

Also, long URL lol

No like, the pink is an open mouth and the reflected white light is a buck tooth.

How come the tooth doesn't have an outline

Sean Hollyman:

him over there:

Sean Hollyman:

Also, long URL lol

...I applaud you for defeating the infamous "what has been seen cannot be unseen". I guess whoever thought this up didn't think about that.

him over there:

Sean Hollyman:

him over there:

...I applaud you for defeating the infamous "what has been seen cannot be unseen". I guess whoever thought this up didn't think about that.

Hehe, it just kinda gives it away, y'know..

Also, why is all the Gen II art painted in this way?

Not hating on it, but the colours alwas look faded :s

There is a church in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

I'll say it again, a church.

That confirms he is god in the universe:

Sean Hollyman:
Also, why is all the Gen II art painted in this way?

Not hating on it, but the colours alwas look faded :s

Looks kinda like watercolour. I suppose it's because the digital art applications weren't as sophisticated back then so they just used totally physical hand drawn pictures.

Terminate421:

If you look at the painting there it has a shining mountain with a dark thing at the bottom.

Giratina-Satan?

Sean Hollyman:

Nope, it's a hat. Check out those black sideburns.

I've spent all this time just assuming that he just died the top half of his hair white and left the rest. He's a Japanese video-game character so I just never even questioned it :|

Sean Hollyman:

Terminate421:

If you look at the painting there it has a shining mountain with a dark thing at the bottom.

Giratina-Satan?

Giratina is the ultimate being of the reverse world, but doesn't have anywhere near the power of Arceus. It would be interesting to see a sort of Satan like being, being introduced into B&W2 as the sort of main antagonistic pokemon (or one that team plasma is after).

Edit: Also, Suicune is pronounced Sowee-koon. From the anime, was adamant it is wrong and it still seems wrong.

I recently played Pokémon Blue for the first time ever, and there was a point where I had to grab the phone and ring my brother up to blow his mind too.

In the Safari Zone, rocks/mud have always made a Pokémon easier to catch and more likely to run away. Me and my brother knew this. But in knowing this, for some unknown reason we decided that bait must therefore have the opposite effect, making Pokémon harder to catch and less likely to run away. Then I played Blue, got to the Safari Zone, and was told that bait just made Pokémon easier to catch.

That was at least 11 years of my life turned upside-down in an instant.

Orange12345:
Captcha: klatu berada nikto what, I don't even..

You've never heard of the day the earth stood still? Or even army of darkness?

OT: I never noticed the whole towns named after colours thing, until my dad pointed it out.

Captcha: cheese burger. I actually could go for a cheese burger right about now.

Andy Shandy:
That the person in the Gym that helps you can be quite the dumbass

OK, that was brilliant! Thank you for informing me about this wonderful case of stupidity.

What I noticed a few years ago is that all names are spelled out in all caps. Now that I've noticed it it kinda bugs me. However they changed that in Black and White (can't remember if it was like that in Heart Gold/Soul Silver).

Sean Hollyman:
What are they?

That's not his hair? WHAT!?

Sean Hollyman:
What are they?

It isn't his hair...? Looks it. Proof?

And yeah, if I never noticed it, how can I report it?

SirBryghtside:
I recently played Pokémon Blue for the first time ever, and there was a point where I had to grab the phone and ring my brother up to blow his mind too.

In the Safari Zone, rocks/mud have always made a Pokémon easier to catch and more likely to run away. Me and my brother knew this. But in knowing this, for some unknown reason we decided that bait must therefore have the opposite effect, making Pokémon harder to catch and less likely to run away. Then I played Blue, got to the Safari Zone, and was told that bait just made Pokémon easier to catch.

That was at least 11 years of my life turned upside-down in an instant.

I'm not sure if the game tells you otherwise, but bait does indeed make the Pokemon harder to catch, but less likely to run away.

It took generations for me to learn about making "pokeblocks". Not my finest moment

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked