What peripherals do you use?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What keyboards/mice/gamepads do you use to play your games? Feel free to post pics if you so desire.

As I'm about to upgrade all my gear, I though it'd be interesting to see what other gamers are using. I'm currently looking at the Thermaltake Black Element gaming mouse for $56 and either the Sidewinder X6 for $60 or the Roccat Isku for $85.

So, what do you use and how have you enjoyed it?

logitech g500 series mouse, the shell is a design they have been using FOREVER and that I have been using FOREVER. simple, comfortable, comparable tech to the latest n greatest gaming mice, great reliability. and when I upgrade hopefully there will be a newer version with the same shell so I dont have to relearn how to hold my mouse.

Inferior console peasant here, although I'd probably still use a controller on a PC.

Hazy992:
Inferior console peasant here, although I'd probably still use a controller on a PC.

I've always wondered, which position is better for that left analoug stick, PS3 or Xbox positioning?

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

I've always wondered, which position is better for that left analoug stick, PS3 or Xbox positioning?

I guess it's whatever you're used to. I play with both so both seem fine to me. When I only had a PS3 I preferred the PS3 controller as that was what I was used to, but once I got used to the 360 controller I can play with both just as well as each other.

Hazy992:

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

I guess it's whatever you're used to. I play with both so both seem fine to me. When I only had a PS3 I preferred the PS3 controller as that was what I was used to, but once I got used to the 360 controller I can play with both just as well as each other.

Fair enough, the xbox one just looks... weird to me.

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

TacticalAssassin1:

I like it, it's a good controller IMO. It's comfortable and it's great for things like driving games. It's better for FPS's than the PS3 controller as well IMO. I know you're gonna laugh at me for that because you have K+M controls but c'est la vie ^_^ :P

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

TacticalAssassin1:

I've always though ps3 ones were unnatural. I hate aiming or moving on them, because my left thumb is sort of bent out of position.

I think it really depends on which one you've used first/most.

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

TacticalAssassin1:

It did to me at first, having gone with Sony for both the fifth and sixth generation. Then I got used to the placement of the 360 controller, and I'm okay with it now. Personally, I think the Dualshock is better for games that make extensive use of the D-pad (2D platformers and fighters, primarily), while the Xbox style is better for games that make extensive use of both analog sticks, like pretty much everything else on the market today.

As for mouse and keyboard: I've got a couple of basic Logitech models, a K-360 for the Keyboard, and one of the cheaper models of wireless mouse -- the ones with the small bodies that are marketed for notebooks. I'm so used to the smaller profile now that full sized mice throw me off, let alone full blown gaming mice. I've never really understood the appeal of specialized gaming mice and keyboards.

image I have an older Razor mouse, but I really want to upgrade to this. Int oo deep to MMOs to turn back to standard 3 button mice now.

Generic Dell keyboard & mouse.
The mouse is broken though, double clicks at times after a single click.

Keyboard and mouse I got free with a computer, plugged into a USB hub connected to the side of my laptop. Headset I found in a drawer that is now held together with duck tape.

I've got the Razor Deathadder Mouse and Lycosa Keyboard. Must say, they're great.

I have a *deep breath* CoolerMaster Storm Quickfire Rapid (Red Switch), it's a tenkeyless mechanical keyboard with very light non-clicky switches. I got it for its durability, size (I like tenkeyless), and non-clicky switches. I'm not a typist, but I prefer using this keyboard to a the mushy boards at work. Looks a bit naf but I don't care.

I have a MS sidewinder X8, pretty sensitive, good software, reliable wireless and most importantly comfortable in my hand. Palm not claw, it would be way too big for claws.

I have a Logitech F310 (dual shock design) which gets used for FIFA, Sensible Soccer and VR Soccer 96. Occasionally for shoddy ports too.

I also have a Saitek Cyborg X for Freespace 2, Crimson Skies, and for crashing into mountain sides in BF3.

...and a Logitech Driving Force Pro for the brum brums.

A 10 labtec flat keyboard with a dozen or so extra keys and a logitech trackman. The bonus of that mouse is that nobody else feels comfortable using it so they don't attempt to use my pc.

Additionally, I've got a usb adapter for my ps2 controller and an xbox 360 controller for older or more laid back games.

My keyboard is a original G15 Keyboard, my mouse is a Steelseries 3 button mouse that I won at a LAN, and I have 2 PS3 controllers, one used for my PS3 (duh...) and the other is currently hooked up to my computer, for when I want to play Super Meat Boy or Jamestown.

I don't keep track of the tech specifics of my keyboard, mouse, or standard controller. That's silly, though I prefer a mouse with a wheel and a thumb button.

As for peripherals that identify me as a gamer who's willing to spend money on space-wasters, I have a guitar controller from Guitar Hero III, another one plus drums and mic that came with Rock Band 2, and a lots-of-buttons-and-torque-but-no-feedback joystick for when I get nostalgic for X-Wing Alliance.

Oh, I see this thread is for PC gamers only...

Well, I guess not anymore. I like to turn off the vibration on my controller, it saves battery life and doesn't ruin my aim.

No fancy keyboards or mouses. I did have a razer keyboard for awhile but it broke and I realized my old keyboard did just as good, so I wasted money.

Only fancy gaming device I have are my turtlebeaches

SteelSeries Xai, best mouse I've ever used.

...and that's it, since my only computer is a laptop. Well, there's the dock for the laptop, I suppose, but it's pretty much just there for the ventilation and the four extra USB ports.

TacticalAssassin1:

Hazy992:

I prefer the 360 placement, myself. The PS3 setup is a throwback to when analogues weren't exactly the standard. Now, the D-Pad is used far less, so I would rather have the analogue slot in the primary position. But like the other poster said, it depends on preferences.

The PS controllers always felt small and uncomfortable in my hands, anyway. I was glad to get a 360 controller. Even moreso now that I can play a lot of PC games with 'em.

If I'm on my pc then I just use a shitty 20 dollar mouse I picked up and the integrated laptop (cause my tower is a refurbished 2003, and won't even run some flash games). Other than that I got the ps moves, but there haven't been too many games worth playing with it, most just use the regular controller.

octafish:

I have a MS sidewinder X8, pretty sensitive, good software, reliable wireless and most importantly comfortable in my hand. Palm not claw, it would be way too big for claws.

This was my mouse until it got ruined in the fire. I'll buy one again one of these days because I LOVED it. For both games and other PC applications.

EDIT: Currently I'm using "whatever the hell this crappy mouse is that came with my new computer."

Well for PC gaming I use a Vaio Laptop and a 20 dollar Logitech wireless mouse. It lets me play TF2 pretty okay so I am fine with it.

Belkin Nostromo

Cyborg R.A.T. 3

I adore them both. I'm considering upgrading the R.A.T. to a 5 or 7 when I have the money to throw around. But first I need a better main keyboard. My wireless one died a death, so I've currently got a cheapy Dell keyboard sat between the R.A.T. and Nostromo, looking a bit self-conscious.

I also use an Xbox360 controller for some games, and have a basic Logitech joystick under my desk, waiting for the next time I want to play H.A.W.X.

G510 keyboard
G500 mouse
too lazy to search for pics

I like Logitech, BUTTONS EVERYWHERE!

I have a Logitek G11 gaming Keyboard and G5 gaming mouse. A Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick for space sims/mechwarrior. A wired X360 controller and a PS3 controller with software to make it work (each controller works better for different games, also allows for split screen on some games/emulators).
That's about it.

Logitech G9x

Logitech G110

ASUS-VG236H (23.6", 120hz)

Sennheiser PC 330 G4ME

Love every one.

Also Logitech Rumblepad 2 (use almost never) and Logitech Friving Force GT (only sometimes, seasonally).

G-Keys work wonders. Also, wireless mice are completely worth having to re-charge them every other day.

Cheap $20 keyboard, cheap $10 mouse, genuine 360 pad. That's it.

mouse- Logitech MX518
Keyboard- some kind of razr one
controller- Xbox 360 wired feels better in the hand then a dual shock/PS3 one

Zack Alklazaris:

MetalMagpie:

You two are my heroes. Those are the two best peripherals ever.

OT: Well, aside from the two I quoted above, I have a basic Logitech joystick. Nothing fancy, it just does what it needs to. I also use a PS3 controller for my emulators or gamepad-friendly games. I've been thinking of getting a controller specifically for my PC, though, as my PS3 controller has a habit of turning on my PS3 if my thumb even slides over the PS button.

basic mouse and keyboard and an old cyborg rumble force controller i got years ago

Cheap 5-6 mouse. My laptop mousepad like to die sometimes so I have use the mouse I bought it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked