Hey, looks like Capcom is doing something awesome! Finally!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Fvur6sobnM (don't know how to embed a video, if someone tells me how, I'll edit this post)

Meet E.X Troopers. This is a spin-off (I'd say reboot) of Lost Planet.

The controls look tight, the source material looks faithful, it HAS AN ARTSTYLE, and the combat looks CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!

Yeah, no thanks, fool me once and all that...

Talk about localizing an English release for Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and MAYBE we'll talk. Make the next proper Devil May Cry game (5) and stop with on-disc DLC and you are forgiven!

That said, looks nice, digging the comic book style cut-scenes that blend seamlessly with the game-play!

They're already doing something awesome.

Dragon's Dogma would like a word with you.

Dammit I thought you were going to say they have revealed they are working on Darkstalkers 4 (and have decided on disc DLC is a bad idea due to it inducing a negative view of the company).

The game looks alrite though I suppose, a bit different which is always nice but not sure if its my thing really as im not really a fan of lost planet (from the small amounts ive played).

I'm hoping that was 3DS footage because it looked ugly as fuck.

Too bad it's never going to come to the west since it won't appeal to a western audience. Capcom really annoys me though, unlike the other big evil companies they produce good/interesting games. It's easy to avoid EA and Activision when they only release crap. IN MY OPINION! I thought it's obvious that I'm speaking from a personal preference but people like to jump on stupid things like that if you don't have a disclaimer.

I agree, looks ugly as hell, and looks like every other factory produced "cutesy" "anime style" eastern MMO that I've ever played.

While I wouldn't say the game looks ugly, I'd say that the art style they chose really doesn't seem to mesh with the setting or anything. Cel-shaded really doesn't seem like the best way to go for something like this. Needs to be a bit darker.

TehCookie:
Too bad it's never going to come to the west since it won't appeal to a western audience.

Capcom isn't as bad about the whole "it won't appeal to western audiences" thing as Namco Bandai is. But they're still pretty damn terrible.

Daystar Clarion:

Are people really excited for this game? I've not heard much about it but it seems like everyone and their dog is trying to jump on the WRPG bandwagon. Hell, Sumo Digital, the local dev in my town were hiring a few weeks ago with the goal of hiring a team "interested in the development of fantasy adventure games", and they are a company that seems to exclusivley make shitty racing games.

Djinn8:

Daystar Clarion:

Are people really excited for this game? I've not heard much about it but it seems like everyone and their dog is trying to jump on the WRPG bandwagon. Hell, Sumo Digital, the local dev in my town were hiring a few weeks ago with the goal of hiring a team "interested in the development of fantasy adventure games", and they are a company that seems to exclusivley make shitty racing games.

It's like a mix of Skyrim and Dark Souls.

If that doesn't get your RPG juices flowing, I don't know what will.

Daystar Clarion:

Is it really confirmed awesome yet. Has it been released? I played the demo and that really put me off the game. However giant monsters are awesome, there needs to be more games about killig giant mythical beasts and whatnot.

OT: I don't have a fucking clue what that game is it looks weird. Why is there never good news about games that I'd like to be released. I need to broaden my horizons.

TehCookie:
Too bad it's never going to come to the west since it won't appeal to a western audience. Capcom really annoys me though, unlike the other big evil companies they produce good/interesting games. It's easy to avoid EA and Activision when they only release crap. IN MY OPINION! I thought it's obvious that I'm speaking from a personal preference but people like to jump on stupid things like that if you don't have a disclaimer.

They have their moments, dead space & goldeneye ftw ^_^

I wanna see how 007 legends turns out.

OT: .... i'll wait for lost planet 3....

So I guess the Viewtiful Joe team didn't completely go down with Clover...

Anyway, it's different, that's good. I like it that they are at least trying to have a style, although the main character's running animation makes me cringe.

If it got localized in the US, I'd give it a try.

Captcha: "Be nice"

I am.... honestly.

Daystar Clarion:

Sounds like shit but those games got the fanboy masses circle-jerking so hard that so I fear to see the reaction when they mix.

Skyrim just feels like a bland action game with a few stats (or should I say perks) thrown in and Demons Souls 2 just used the "hardcore-ness" as an excuse for being shit.

Matthew94:

Daystar Clarion:

Sounds like shit but those games got the fanboy masses circle-jerking so hard that so I fear to see the reaction when they mix.

Skyrim just feels like a bland action game with a few stats (or should I say perks) thrown in and Demons Souls 2 just used the "hardcore-ness" as an excuse for being shit.

If you don't like those games, that's fine.

I happen to like them very much, and a blend of Skyrim and Dark Souls is just up my alley.

They need to do something about the contrast on that because that trailer was etching itself into my fucking eyes.
And in standard anime fare I had no clue what is going on, but hey if someone figures out it's something worth while I'll give it a shot.

And here I thought that they were re-releasing Resident Evil Outbreak 1/2 for the Xbox(I can still hope).

Daystar Clarion:

The demo looked like crap though, and the gameplay didn't itnerest me at all.

Eclpsedragon:
So I guess the Viewtiful Joe team didn't completely go down with Clover...

Anyway, it's different, that's good. I like it that they are at least trying to have a style, although the main character's running animation makes me cringe.

If it got localized in the US, I'd give it a try.

Captcha: "Be nice"

I am.... honestly.

Why do you say that? The main people behind VJ are at P* now.

It's very different. You guys want different games? This is one to support. The artstyle and character interactions reminds me of Persona. Meanwhile, the action is fast-paced and still features giant monsters. Awesome. The only thing that bugs me is the lack of enthusiasm here and love for sequelitis.

It's Lost Planet, so there probably will be co-op and multiplayer. Originality in those departments? I'm all for it.

Daystar Clarion:

YES

YES!
YES!!
YES!!!
YES!!!!|

Picking my preorder up in less than a week.

Dang, I was really hoping for localization of Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton. Ah well. It looks alright I guess, but it could use more puzzles and awesome lawyer action.

Wow, we must have vastly different opinions and what looks cool. Anyway, EX troopers... as in not-troopers anymore? They still look like troopers and shit. I'm confused.

For those complaining that it looks ugly... Don't worry! I found the perfect game for you:

piinyouri:

Daystar Clarion:

YES

YES!
YES!!
YES!!!
YES!!!!|

My order was dispatched today.

If the Postal Gods are kind, I may very well get the game tommorow :D

It comes out on the 25th, here in Europe.

Daystar Clarion:

piinyouri:

Daystar Clarion:

YES

YES!
YES!!
YES!!!
YES!!!!|

May we meet each other in battle as pawns good friend.

Hmm, No Megaman Legends 3 ?

Sorry, can't acknowledge awesomeness coming from Capcom until they have made MML3

ruthaford_jive:
Wow, we must have vastly different opinions and what looks cool. Anyway, EX troopers... as in not-troopers anymore? They still look like troopers and shit. I'm confused.

E.X. not ex-

I wouldn't say it looks like shit like some others, and I do like the style, but it looks like their trying too hard for the watercolor manga look, and are failing at it. Way too much white space.

Also, those animations make my brain bleed.

wintercoat:

ruthaford_jive:

E.X. not ex-

I wouldn't say it looks like shit like some others, and I do like the style, but it looks like their trying too hard for the watercolor manga look, and are failing at it. Way too much white space.

Also, those animations make my brain bleed.

Oh. Well... whatever, didn't interest me anyway. Now I'm curious as to what the E and X actually mean though.

DigitalAtlas:
For those complaining that it looks ugly... Don't worry! I found the perfect game for you:

Hey, witty.
But seriously, I have nothing wrong with the graphic style, but just look at the floor texture 47 seconds in.
Seriously, it's 2012, art style is not an excuse to have something look terrible on the technical side of things. Character faces are fairly static from what I've seen too, and something about the shading looks really weird, but that might just be personal preference.

Dude, for real that does look awesome.

Daystar Clarion:

piinyouri:

Daystar Clarion:

YES

YES!
YES!!
YES!!!
YES!!!!|

awww that's too bad I've been playing it all afternoon. Thus far I'm pretty damn immersed though my wife is nagging for a turn so this could be an issue. Considering the game stupidly only allows ONE SAVE FILE.
To me ex-troopers does not look all that great. It's anime-esque and that pretty much makes me assume a lot of things about the gameplay I won't like. I especially don't like cel-shaded cartoon style. I especially don't like anime storylines so.
Yeah not excited for that.

When you said awesome I thought you meant this awesome:

You did not...

That looked pretty fucking rad. Not going to lie that was really awesome. It looks like a mix of like Okami and sort of Jet Force Gemini? Really hope there are actual flying stages with the big ass robot.

Anything Capcom does at this point is too little too late.
The last few years of gaming from them have been a nightmare.
From selling us a broken half of Resident evil 5, to releasing a full version update of a game in the same year as the original, to locking away INSANE parts of a game, to cancelling production of games we actually want.
Capcom needs to go under, they need to die, and we as consumers need to be the ones to kill them.
They fucked up and abused us for too long.

him over there:
That looked pretty fucking rad. Not going to lie that was really awesome. It looks like a mix of like Okami and sort of Jet Force Gemini? Really hope there are actual flying stages with the big ass robot.

***ING RIGHT!?!?!? CRAZY! I don't even like Lost Planet and I despise Capcom, but I want this new!

majora13:
Dude, for real that does look awesome.

Congratulations! Smartest post in the thread!

hazabaza1:

Hey, witty.
But seriously, I have nothing wrong with the graphic style, but just look at the floor texture 47 seconds in.
Seriously, it's 2012, art style is not an excuse to have something look terrible on the technical side of things. Character faces are fairly static from what I've seen too, and something about the shading looks really weird, but that might just be personal preference.

I try.

If you're complaining about textures and stuff, you really shouldn't be playing games... A game like this is all about STYLE! ACTION! CO-OP! (that trailer did announce co-op) And maybe even a good story. Back in the PS2 games, I played games that looked worse than FFVII's overworld models and I still enjoyed myself.

Besides, I won't be scoping the floor much.

Honestly, the game looks like Lost Planet invaded both Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man Legends while those icons took the time to educate LP about everything that's wrong with it. Shoddy aiming? Looks gone! Shitty controls? Looks gone! No real plot? Looks gone! No sense of style? Well, you know the pattern.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked