Oldest game that you played recently.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I would have said Persona 3 FES, but then I remembered that I've been playing Sonic Advance whenever I've gotten bored recently.

I currently have a game of Master of Orion (1993) windowed if that counts. Gotta love DOSBox...

Kingjackl:
I've been playing 'Beneath a Steel Sky' on recommendation of Gabe and Yahtzee. It's...alright? I 'unno, point and clicks aren't my cup of tea and the story's fairly generic, but the dialogue's pretty funny and most of the puzzles are clever.

You've got to remember that the story is only 'generic' because it's been copied a lot since. When BaSS came out in '94 it's story was pretty fresh and intriguing. Sure, it borrows from 1984 and Blade Runner quite heavily, but it's still a good yarn for all that.

I played through Beneath a Steel Sky again just a few days ago. It's even better than I remember (and some of the puzzle solutions even make sense to me now!)

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption.
A bit repetitive, but a walk though memory lane.

Skylare:
played age of the empires the conquerors best of them in my opinion of the aoe series

briton owns all!!

Never played AoE 2. I've only played; the first one (gold edition so with expansions) which was awesome, age of mythology which i think is one of the best stategy games I have ever played (if you haven't played it find it and buy right it now!), and the 3rd which was kinda disappointing and the interface thingy at the bottom was ugly and took up way too much of the screen.

I've gotta try it some time.

Right now I'm on morrowind with the overhaul mod and it's amazing, though not very well optimized. My computer is decent but the overhaul mod takes it's toll on it, I'm only getting 20-30 fps on it even though it's a 10 year old game that mod takes a lot.

Quest for Glory I. I bought the QFG 1-5 pack on GoG.com the other day. I have a lot of fun playing those old games. Several of them I couldn't beat when I bought them in the early 90's, but now with access to internet to see the maps and walkthroughs makes it possible.

Last 2 old games I played were erm, Dune 1 and star control 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_2

Wolfenstein 3D. Hey, it was on sale in Steam so I picked up a copy.

The original Shin Megami Tensei. Still better than this generation's J-RPGS, man... wish they made them like this still.

I've played the original super mario bros. recently, only because I fix N.E.S.'s though.

Homeworld 2 was the last old game that I played recently. I'd forgotten how much I loved the Homeworld games. It's sad that the franchise has been left to rot for so long.

I don't think I've ever played another RTS where I actually cared about my units as much as i did in the Homeworld games. You really sort of get attached (well i did anyway) to them because you are always out numbered (thanks dynamic enemy fleet manager thingy) and the enemy is always tailored to be a good counter to the type of craft you have in your fleet. Add to that the beautifully atmospheric music, and a decent plot then you've got a hell of a good game

Oh and also

As graceful and fleet of foot as a cow but utterly devastating to the enemy when it finally arrives to the battle.

Xixikal:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption.
A bit repetitive, but a walk though memory lane.

Oh no you didn't! You awful, awful man!

Everytime someone mentions the Vampire: The Masquerade, I just have to install and play Bloodlines again. Or at least, enjoy the brilliantly atmospheric first 6 or so hours. And I've forgotten where I left the disc, so now I'm going to turn everything upside down to find it. Thanks for that.

The suffering I must endure! ;)

Released in 1996, Arc the Lad 2.

Thanks PSP.

Replayed "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" about two weeks ago. Granted, it was the PS3 HD re-release, but who cares - still a great game. Well, aside from the combat, the guy who designed that needs to be brained against a coffee table.

Escape From Monkey Island

Sure it was diassppointing, but I love it for what it is.

Bio Menace (1993). Runner-up is Descent (1995).

Im doing Grim Fandango for the first time. I thought it was a game I should get around to.

Recently; Killing Floor. It is just so good.

Either Abe's Oddysee or Syberia 2. I'm pretty sure Abe is older... yup, 1997 vs 2004.

Punch-Out!

Really, really beginning to gain an appreciation of the Punch-Out series. Unfortunately... I'm stuck on Mr. Sandman. God damn, is he tough.

I can't even image how tough Mr. Dream must be.

The original Deus Ex is the only old game I've recently been pumping hours into. Friggin' love it.

Megaman 2

I had no choise. It came to me by impuls. It was the first game I've ever played but I had never finished it. It had to be rectified

Failing that, Fire Emblem for the GBA.

I've been playing SimCity 3000 recently. Damn you, traffic!

I recently played the original X-COM (1994) in preparation for the remake later this year. I'm also playing Beyond Good & Evil (2003). Both great games in their own right.

I got Dynamite Headdy from Steam recently. It came out in 1994 for the Sega Genesis. It's just as bizarre and amazing as I remember it!

I finished Mech Commander and its expansion again a week or so ago. Original release was 1998, same year as Starcraft.

I played chess the other day. 15th century

Chess. I win!

Max Payne 2

I was brushing up before Max Payne 3.
Had to dust off the ol' PS2. But now that I have it all dusted off I'm going to go back and play some Shadow of the Colossus which I think is an older game.

INB4 Deus Ex EVERYWHERE

Thief 2, it's one badass game.

Idocreating:
Chess. I win!

so close

Played some Super Mario World with my friend not too long ago. A little more recently I was playing MGS2.

The orginal metal gear that was orginaly for the msx.

I finished Metroid II: Return of Samus (1992). That game is 3 years older than me, it's archaic and has been lying around for as long as I can remember. I love the sidescroller Metroid compared to FPS Metroid (I've played 2 metroid games, the sidescroller can keep my interest, the other can't, maybe I'll play Corruption again one day and finish it....). I have played through it 3 times, this time being the third, the second time was years ago (five, maybe?) and now my reflexes are good enough to endure the final boss.
Mother Metroid ain't got nothin' on me. When I get a 3DS, which will be a good while from now, I'll give the original Metroid a go. I know I'll love it.

A mobile phone port/remake of Akalabeth: World of Doom.

So yeah, that would be about... 33 years old. It's cool to see how far games have gotten.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked