The RPG Game List

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So recently, I've been getting into a lot of rpgs. Mainly more modern ones, but I have played my fair share of classics and moderns alike. Feel free to post your own lists and comment on mine, I'd like to see everybody's suggestions.

Completed:
Dragon Age: Origins (not really completed, but I got to the end and my save was corrupted, so I'm done with it.)
Mass Effect Series: These I barely consider RPGS, especially the last two, but I love em.
Earthbound: My second favorite RPG right now...
Mother 3: My actual favorite RPG, I mean it combines the amazingness of Earthbound, but infuses it with so much emotion.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas: Loved 3 hated New Vegas. Not much else to say.
Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition: Really great
Fable 1 and 2: This series has sucked since the amazingly good first one.
Deus Ex 1 and HR: I found both of these games to be freaking amazing.

Playing:
Persona 3: BY GOD THIS GAME!!!! I've gotten to the month of August, and its only getting harder. I must say I'm thinking about abandoning it and going to Persona 4. I hear the story in this is great once you get to it, but is it really worth it?
Chrono Trigger: Okay, I'm considering this as something as I'm playing, because I'm in the middle of it...even though its been over the course of two years. I love the game, but so many others get in the way. I haven't played it in awhile, but I'll get back to it soon.

Going to Play:
Final Fantasy IV and VI: Yeah, these I need to play...soon. I have the original Final Fantasy IV cart, but haven't gotten to play it yet.
Persona 4: I love the concept of 3 but I hear this one's better, so I'll be getting it soon.
Digital Devil Saga 1+2: I hear these are great also, I'll be getting them soon.
Xenoblade Chronicles: After the big deal about getting this game to America, I feel like its my duty to play it.
*Secret of Mana: I've heard great things about this one as well.
*The Last Story: This one just caught my radar, looks perty good.

Never Going to Play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne: To hardcore, not happening. *I'm debating weather or not to play it now.
Dragon Age 2: I pre-ordered this game and sold it a week later. Its not Dragon Age, its a dumbed down piece of shit. I love Mass Effect and Dragon Age, but the two don't mix well.
*Alpha Protocol: I heard this was terrible, and I tried it...it was exactly like they said. I found it to be pretty broken, and not worth playing in the least.
*Anything Earlier than Nocturne: I'm considering the PSP remakes of Persona 1 and 2 on this btw, they seem waaaaay to hard to get into.
*Ultima Games: These may have been good in the day, but they are to ancient, and I really can't handle them.

So thats my list, what's yours?

*'s mark new additions to the list.

If you like SMT games, you should try Devil Survivor. Think MegaTen has a baby with Final Fantasy tactics, with Fallout's story structure as the godfather.

Also, have you tried the WRPG classics? I can't reccomend Planescape: Torment highly enough. And, of course, if you're not hyped about Wasteland 2, you should be.

bleaker:

Persona 3: BY GOD THIS GAME!!!! I've gotten to the month of August, and its only getting harder. I must say I'm thinking about abandoning it and going to Persona 4. I hear the story in this is great once you get to it, but is it really worth it?

Its definitely worth it. It can be difficult at times, but you can balance that out with extra grinding or a deeper attention to tactics if you wish. The story is extremely good and only gets better, especially the character development. I won't spoil anything but the ending is one of the best I have seen in the genre. I'd not recommend playing P4 yet, mostly because the story isn't as good and it makes going back to playing P3 next to impossible because of the gameplay improvements (unless you're playing the PSP version)

Here's my own list:

Completed:
Mass Effect 1-3
Dragon Age 1-2
Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
Final Fantasy XII (99% of it), Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Digital Devil Saga
Persona 3
Persona 4
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Partially Completed

Digital Devil Saga 2
Xenosaga Episode 1
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Going to play:
Xenoblade (once I get a Wii or Wii-U)

Playing:

Final Fantasy XII-2
This game is shockingly good, I'm enjoying almost every moment of it. After playing FFXIII and growing massively bored with it by the end, I'm pleasantly surprised.

There's probably more for several of these lists, but I can't think of everything right now :)

For the sake of not filling up the page, I'll only list those I've played since getting my PS3 in 2008

Atelier: Rorona...............................................................(completed)
Atelier: Totori...................................................................(completed)
Trinity Universe...............................................................(completed)
Hyperdimension Neptunia...........................................(completed-Platinum)
Disgaea 3........................................................................(completed)
Disgaea 4........................................................................(completed)
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel................................(completed)
Valkyria Chronicles.........................................................(completed)
White Knight Chronicles................................................(completed)
Final Fantasy XIII.............................................................(completed-Platinum)
Final Fantasy XIII-2.........................................................(completed-Platinum)
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core............................................(completed)
Star Ocean 4: Last Hope International.......................(completed)
Last Rebellion.................................................................(completed-Platinum)
Venetica............................................................................(completed)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel...................................................(completed)
Fallout 3............................................................................(completed-Platinum)
Fallout: New Vegas.........................................................(completed)
TES4: Oblivion..................................................................(completed)
TES5: Skyrim....................................................................(completed-Platinum)
Two Worlds 2....................................................................(completed)
Dungeon Siege 3.............................................................(completed)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom...................................(completed)
Dragon Age: Origins........................................................(completed)
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement.........................(completed)
Demon's Souls................................................................(completed-Platinum)
Dark Souls........................................................................(completed)
Jeanne D'Arc....................................................................(completed)
Brave Story........................................................................(completed)
Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance.................................(In progress)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together............................(In progress)
Y's Seven..........................................................................(completed)
Agarest: Generations of War.........................................(In progress - fuck you chapter 5)
Agarest War Zero............................................................(In progress - was rental)

*looks up*
You don't want me to list all the RPGs I've played... For that I'd have to go back to Dragon Warrior on the NES... so multiply the length of this list several times over...

Posting how many RPG's I completed or at least have played would take bloody ages. So, I am just going to post what I am currently playing. Also, games I have sitting around that I plan to complete someday.

Currently Playing:
Fable 3
Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga <- Bloody get this game, anybody reading. Little known sequel to a little-known gem of a game. It also happens to be really damn awesome. And you can currently get it for, like 6 dollars on amazon. And Amazon has a DRM-free version. You have no excuse. >:(
Soulbringer <- But only barely. The game is a bitch to get working on modern PCs.

Going to Play/Finish on of these days:
Icewind Dale <- Great game, but got distracted away from it by other stuff. Plan to complete it eventually.
Icewind Dale 2 <- Plan to get around too it when I complete the original.
Anarchronox <- I will beat it one day, I swear. But dammit, those fetch quests are boring!
Fallout <-Really don't know why I quit. Good game, should probably get around to playing more of it one of these days.
Unlimited Saga <-Been sitting on my shelf for ages, yet I have never actually played it. I should probably at least boot it up one of these days...

Kahunaburger:
If you like SMT games, you should try Devil Survivor. Think MegaTen has a baby with Final Fantasy tactics, with Fallout's story structure as the godfather.

Also, have you tried the WRPG classics? I can't reccomend Planescape: Torment highly enough. And, of course, if you're not hyped about Wasteland 2, you should be.

I bought Planescape from GOG a while ago. Got up to the part where you go into the secret cult thing looking for that guy--hard to say spoiler free. Only a few hours in. But the combat was just way too boring for me to go on. I understand that the combat is not the man focus and that conversation and character is the bulk of the experience, but any time the combat came up I just felt like it was a chore, and the way the classes work made being anything other than a straight up warrior feel gimped. I also felt like I spent way too much time just looking for the person I need to talk to. It was cool how the game actually made you have to look around and ask people for help, leading to a sense of freedom, where you can find things out on your own or from a wide variety of different people with different needs. I even got lost in the narrative a few times, forgetting I was playing a game and not just reading a book, written just for me. But the charm wore off after constant back-tracking dissolved my interest.

I don't know. I might give it another go. Any pointers?

bleaker:

Xenoblade Chronicles: After the big deal about getting this game to America, I feel like its my duty to play it.

DON'T PLAY IT. I was happy when it came to the U.K but I was very disappointed.
I love jrpg's but trust me this one was too hard to stomach, the story and setting are really good. But oh lord the combat system 0_0 You fight a lot of these things called the Mechon, who can only really be damaged by the monado (red thing on the front), and only one guy has the Monado, the others can damage them but you have got to stagger it, do tri attacks etc, it is all quite the awkward cluster fuck. The most annoying thing is you basically cant heal yourself in combat (so yeah you die all the time), I got this one character who said she was a medic, and even though I set her tactics to heal the stupid cow only ever attacked the enemy, occasionally healing me when she felt like it and I was often almost dead by then anyway.
If you insist on getting it at least watch some bits of walkthroughs, or something, you will see what I mean. I couldn't be asked completing it.

I consider myself somewhat of an rpg veteran.
Elder scrolls: Morrowind, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Fable, 2 and 3
Mass Effect: 1, 2 and 3
Dragon age: 1 and 2
Final fantasy: 1,3,4, 4 after years, 7, 7 crisis core, and 13
Many zelda games
All the pokemon games (dont really count but oh well)
Never winter nights
Fall out 3

I have played more but those are all I can be bothered thinking of.

verdant monkai:

{...}Zelda games aren't RPGs. They are action/adventure.

Fixed that for you.

BreakfastMan:

Unlimited Saga <-Been sitting on my shelf for ages, yet I have never actually played it. I should probably at least boot it up one of these days...

Hope you like it more than I did. That was a re-sell for me. I just didn't enjoy it.

bleaker:
I'd like to see everybody's suggestions.

You could add "tried that" section. :]

Grey Day for Elcia:

Unfortunately, despite its numerous advantages, "Torment" is just like that - after a while it becomes slightly boring experience. :|

OT :
I played "rpg" games on ZX Spectrum, so my full list would be way too long and too boring to both complete and read, so...

However...
- I'm hoping to put my hands on upcoming "Wasteland 2" game and finally complete "Anachronox". As for today, i'm considering playing Two Worlds 2. I've heard a few good words about this product. I think i'll give it a try.
- On the other hand, i won't ever come near "Fable" and "Dragon Age" series. They are too boring, too overrated games for my taste.
- Now playing : one of those eastern-western-SNES-FF4-like games created with RPG Maker. For all it's worth i don't remember its name. It's about some former hero, now gardener with amnesia trying to save world or something like that.
- Lately i was playing "Grimrock", but i stopped. It's relying too much on running and i'm not #1 fan of such activities. ;]
- My suggestions : "Arcanum" and "Baldur's Gate" Saga. They are still wonderful games, despite being old and stuff...

s69-5:

verdant monkai:

Fixed that for you.

BreakfastMan:

Hope you like it more than I did. That was a re-sell for me. I just didn't enjoy it.

Is it a bird? is it a plane? No Its Captain pedanti..

Just out of interest what would you consider an rpg? To me Zelda seems like an rpg, you play as a hero in a fantasy land trying to save the world, you collect and upgrade your equipment and solve puzzles and all that jazz. And most of the sites that sell it consider it an rpg and a action/adventure. So I would consider it a mixture.

I would recommend pretty much any of the rpgs I have completed, hopefully I don't forget any.
Completed:
KOTOR 1&2
ME 1-3
DA 1&2
Skyrim
Fallout 3 and NV
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1-3
Fable 1-3
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Tales of Symphonia and Vesperia
Alpha Protocol
Too Human (definitely not recommended)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones (not sure about the title exactly)
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Playing:
None at the moment.

I probably did forget some.

oh jeebus... I doubt I'll be able to remember 'em all, but here goes (I suppose I'll toss in action RPG games as well... if Mass Effect counts, so does Soul Blazer. Not counting Metroidvania or Zelda games, though):

...I know I'm leaving a ton out here...
For example, Epic Battle Fantasy 3... lost my save when I reformatted my laptop, dammit. Not sure whether or not I'll go back to it.

Finished:
Fallout3/Nev Vegas
Persona3/4
Oblivion/Skyrim
Kingdom Hearts1/2/BBS/358/2Days
SMT: Devil Survivor
Final Fantasy 4,5,6,7,9,13-2,Dissidia(012)
Fable 2+3
The World Ends With You
Alundra1/2

So much more but I have to stop here...

Playing:
Kingdoms of Amulur
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1+2/Nocturne(lucifers call)Devil Survivor 2

TizzytheTormentor:
Finished:
Fallout3/Nev Vegas
Persona3/4
Oblivion/Skyrim
Kingdom Hearts1/2/BBS/358/2Days
SMT: Devil Survivor
Final Fantasy 4,5,6,7,9,13-2,Dissidia(012)
Fable 2+3
The World Ends With You
Alundra1/2
Mystic Quest

So much more but I have to stop here...

Playing:
Kingdoms of Amulur
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1+2/Nocturne(lucifers call)Devil Survivor 2

Playing now:
-Mass Effect series. Done with 1 and 2. I haven't gotten to ME3 yet because I'm running too many other RPG's simultaneously.
-Persona 4. Got it first and loving it, though by all means I should be finished by now considering how long ago I started. Again, too many others. My brother is on P3 and I'll say that P4 is definitely less grind-heavy and a good deal easier because of cleaned up mechanics. You really have to make use of fusion and S-Link experience to get anywhere in P3 it seems.
-Devil Survivor 1. On the 5th day of my first playthrough. Definitely harder than P4 and relatively grind-heavy. I'm constantly using fusion to try to get all demons with acceptable stats and full move-lists, but it takes so much money to achieve. The enemies are much smarter than Shadows and abuse your weaknesses to no end. They also heal each other and you are very often outnumbered in any given fight. The upside is that the plot is really interesting and the game looks short enough to replay multiple times to see everything.
-Skyrim. I might be falling back into my old gripe with Oblivion. It's fun, but eventually feels aimless. I like my RPG's with a set plot and goal in mind, and hell with anything the detractors have to say about "acting as your own character" or whatnot. I want to see stories that other people make rather than wandering a sandbox and doing fetch quests for every citizen in the land.
-Birth By Sleep. On Aqua's story as my third and I'm at NeverLand. That's always close to the end. Eventually planning to do 100% on at least her story.

On hiatus:
-Resonance of Fate. Something my brother picked up on that big spending spree of his. I played it a hell of a lot, then started playing other things alongside it. It eventually fell away. I do plan on finishing it, but don't know when that will happen.
-Record of Agarest War. Ditto the above. Good game, but I wish that everyone would dress a little more modestly. I might be too attached to Fyuria though.
-Oblivion. Already stated my reasoning.
-Borderlands. I know I'm very close to the end of the game. I forget what distracted me. May have been Resonance.
-Final Fantasy 12. I spent an amazing amount of time on it, but got distracted. I'm half considering restarting it entirely if I get back to it, but that's a lot of time.

To be played:
-Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Devil Survivor 2, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Persona 1-3, P3P, and Strange Journey. I think that will take a couple years unless I'm more dedicated to playing. I'm wondering how difficult they are in relation to Persona and Devil Survivor.
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2. Not sure it'll be better than Birth By Sleep in any way, but I have to see it.
-Tales of Vesperia. Why can't we have the re-release content as an update?
-Disgaea 1 and 2. I really want to play those now, but I won't. I shouldn't.
-Final Fantasy 10-2. Just because. I don't think I'll be keeping Rikku in her default costume. Cute and modest is better than trying to be sexy.
-Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2. Also just because. I'm sure I can play them through to the end. I just have to get to them.
-Fallout 3. Wondering if I'll fall into the same complaint I have with Oblivion and Skyrim about sandboxes not being my style.

My list is way too big. I'll never get them done without powering through them, but that makes it feel like a chore. If I don't power through them, then the list will only get bigger though. Dilemma.

Completed:
Dead Rising 1 & 2: Yes, it's an RPG. I was shocked too.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: Can't get enough of this game, even though it is over six years old.

Fable 1 & 2: I never really understood why these games are hated so much. Fable 1 had a huge variety in combat with tons of spells at the player's disposal and plenty of black and white choices. Choices wouldn't have much effect on the main story but would have a direct impact on the player character. Fable 2 streamlined combat a bit too much for my liking, but it placed greater emphasis on exploration and did a great job flushing out the supporting cast.

The only real mistake Lionhead made was the over-hype. Take that away and you have two very solid Action RPG titles.

Fallout 3: Just stopped playing. Didn't care for it. Done with it.

Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 4: Meh. They were okay.

KotOR 1 & 2: I'm one of those weird people who thought the second one was better.

Mass Effect: Only the first one. Three playthroughs was enough for me.

Paper Mario: Both the first one and Thousand Year Door. Best RPGs on the N64 and GameCube.

Pokemon Yellow & Ruby: Some people will call this a turn-based strategy game. I say it's an RPG. Either way is fine with me.

Super Mario RPG: Fuck Final Fantasy. This is the real deal.

Playing:
Pokemon Ruby: ... Don't judge me.

Going to Play:
Skyrim: As soon as I upgrade from my laptop to a PC that can actually run this game, I can kiss the rest of my life goodbye.

Never Going to Play:
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 3

Out of sheer principle alone.

Games I Wish I Could Unplay:
Fable 3: Goddammit Lionhead. You make two good games, then you release this and the franchise goes to Hell.
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10: WHY CAN'T I UNSEE?!

And all that's probably NOTHING compared to a lot of people

RaNDM G:
Completed:

Never Going to Play:
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 3

Out of sheer principle alone.
[/b]

You're really missing out on Mass Effect 3. There are some seriously emotional moments throughout the story, and I like to think of the entire game as a conclusion rather than the (lackluster) endings. If you say you have principles on the matter, fine, but just know that by being belligerent you are depriving yourself of an experience that in my opinion is one of the best I'll have all year.

Grey Day for Elcia:

Kahunaburger:

I bought Planescape from GOG a while ago. Got up to the part where you go into the secret cult thing looking for that guy--hard to say spoiler free. Only a few hours in. But the combat was just way too boring for me to go on. I understand that the combat is not the man focus and that conversation and character is the bulk of the experience, but any time the combat came up I just felt like it was a chore, and the way the classes work made being anything other than a straight up warrior feel gimped. I also felt like I spent way too much time just looking for the person I need to talk to. It was cool how the game actually made you have to look around and ask people for help, leading to a sense of freedom, where you can find things out on your own or from a wide variety of different people with different needs. I even got lost in the narrative a few times, forgetting I was playing a game and not just reading a book, written just for me. But the charm wore off after constant back-tracking dissolved my interest.

It is a very backtracky game. My advice would be to (if you haven't already done this) roll a Nameless One with high INT and WIS. Wisdom boosts XP gain, and both INT and WIS dramatically increase the number of conversation options. That playstyle plays to the game's strength, which is ofc the stellar writing.

I'm pretty in-experienced when it comes to games, thus my list is small... small, but magnificent.

Completed:
Gothic 1, II and 3.
Risen 1.
Morrowind (kind of, I did get through the main quest, which I suppose counts)
Oblivion (completed most of what Oblivion had to offer)
The Witcher
The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings (haven't yet played the Enhanced Edition though)
Two Worlds (don't care about the general opinion, I loved it)

Playing:
Skyrim
Baldur's Gate (my introduction to the older isometric D&D RPG's)
Two Worlds II

Going to Play:
Risen II: Dark Waters
Baldur's Gate II (depending on how I enjoy Baldur's Gate)
IceWind Dale (same as above)
Neverwinter Nights (^)
Planescape: Torment (^)

Never Going to Play:
Quite broad, but most likely any JRPG. Unless my tolerance for the art styles changes (very unlikely), I'm never going to bother with one.

"Gothic" 4: Arcania (no, no, no. Gothic 3 with patches was decent, so I don't want to see the absolute demise of my favourite and most nostalgic video game series, just no)

Completed:
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Dragon Age 1 and 2
Alpha Protocol
The Elder Scrolls 3 and 4
Deus Ex: HR
Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3
Demon's Souls
Chrono Trigger
KotOR 1 and 2
Jade Empire
Borderlands

Currently playing(activity in each varies a lot):
Skyrim
Divinity 2
3D dot game heroes
Xenogears
Valkyria Chronicles
Kingdoms of Amalur

Going to play:
Fallout 1,2,3 and New Vegas
Arcanum
Dark Souls
The Witcher 2
Torchlight
Two Worlds 2
Drakensang
The Witcher

My completed list is way too long to post or remember. I sort of live to play RPGs hehe. I did make the list awhile back in a notepad file but lost it =(. It had well over 100 titles.

Like this thread cause maybe it will get me on track cause I'm sort of in a state of limbo with my games. Ever since I finished Xenoblade Chronicles and Tales of Graces F I haven't really been able to focus on a new adventure yet.

currently playing (or atleast started):
Baten Kaitos Origins - About 7 hours in.
Dragon Warrior VII - 52 hours have been playing off and on.

games I want to play soon:
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together
Disgaea 4
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Breath of Fire IV
Dragon Quest 4,5,and 6
Planescape Torment
Suikoden Tierkries
Radiata Stories

If you see something on this list that jumps out at you as "MUST PLAY NOW!" please let me know. I need some encouragement.

I recommend the following:

Mass Effect, Kingdom Hearts, and (if you like the first games of course) the ones that follow after.
Tales of Symphonia (but stay away from the sequel), Tales of Vesperia (this one seems to come up a lot), and possibly Tales of the Abyss.

Have fun!

I love list-threads!

Never going to Play:

Diablo 3
Final Fantasy 11
Final Fantasy 14

---

I like to keep an open mind for the most part. The two I never plan on playing are MMOs and the only ones I listed here.

Edit - I'm one of those people who consider Legend of Zelda to be an RPG of sorts. It's a loose adaptation but you still go dungeon crawling, get new equipment and, even increase you HP (heart points) before taking on the final boss and saving the princess. That being said

Legend of Zelda (NES) - Complete
Zelda 2: Adventures of Link - Complete
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Complete
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Complete
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Complete
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Complete
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - Played, Incomplete
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Playing, Incomplete
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Playing, Incomplete
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Played, Incomplete

Just out of interest what would you consider an rpg? To me Zelda seems like an rpg, you play as a hero in a fantasy land trying to save the world, you collect and upgrade your equipment and solve puzzles and all that jazz. And most of the sites that sell it consider it an rpg and a action/adventure. So I would consider it a mixture.

So in turn Crash Bandicoot 3 and Jak 2 and 3 EDIT: and Okami are all RPGs too? Because to me they are action/adventure games with platforming.

The actual term RPG is a loose one but I think games can only be considered for RPG genre (as their main genre label and not an element, such as Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which is and RPG with FPS elements as opposed Borderlands which is an FPS with RPG elements), is if their whole system is based on a stats table of some sort. It's the main thing in western and Japanese role-playing games have in common, sure they may be a few exceptions, but I can't ever see how the Zelda series (apart from The Adventure of Link) could be classed as an RPG, as setting, puzzles and equipments doesn't make an RPG.

Im just going to do this off the top of my head so may forget some:-

Completed:-

thats all I can think of right now

currently playing:-
Arcana of steamworks and magicka obscura
Ar Tonelico 3

Have got but is on the back burner:-

may get:-
Skyrim (probably will get but am holding off for a few years until goty edition is cheap and the bugs are mostly sorted)
ME3 (not to bothered by it the second didnt leave me wanting more but if I can borrow it for free I may do)
Dragons Dogma (may catch when price drops)
Pandoras Tower (may get not sure)
Vampire Bloodlines the Masquerade (been wanting this for ages but my friend keeps making excuses why I can borrow it so ill probably buy it eventually)

probably forgotten a few but never mind

Completed:

Played, but not completed:

Oho I love these threads. ^-^

Completed:

Currently Playing:

Gave Up On:

Whew...let me think a sec here.
I think I'd add a category here, namely ones I've "Played, But Unfinished"

Completed:
Super Mario RPG (My very first 'true' RPG game, loved it to bits.)
Final Fantasy III (Renamed VI in later years, original SNES version)
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VIII
Skies of Arcadia Legends (Pure Awesome.)
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Fable II
Kingdom Hearts II
Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Zelda: (Link to the Past, Link`s Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora`s Mask, Wind Waker, Oracle of Time, Oracle of Seasons, Twilight Princess, etc, etc, etc. if you wish to consider the Zelda series as RPGs, of course.)
Pokemon: (Red, Gold, White)
Fallout 3: GotY Edition
World of Warcraft (Far too much.)

Played, But Unfinished:
Secret of Evermore
Vagrant Story
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy VII (Blasphemy, I know.)
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XII (Meh.)
Neverwinter Knights 2
The Witcher (Meh!)

Playing:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Going to Play:
Star Ocean Last Hope (No rush for this one right now)
Mass Effect 3
Super Paper Mario (Sue me. I liked the series.)

Never Going to Play:
As much as I try to keep my mind open to new stuff, I don`t see myself playing another Final Fantasy.

Play Bastion, it's easily the best RPG I've ever played, and it's a cheap downloadable game for both Xbox360 and PC.

verdant monkai:

s69-5:

verdant monkai:

Fixed that for you.

BreakfastMan:

Shoggoth2588:
snip

M Silverthorn:
snip

Actually, it's always (and always has been) sold as an action-adventure. It contains RPG elements, but so does COD and that's not an RPG either.

I've only ever seen misguided fans incorrectly classify it as RPG. The only one you could make a case for is Zelda 2: Adventure of Link , and that's based in the way you get stronger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Skyward_Sword
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_%28video_game%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past
http://www.wiiblog.net/the-great-legend-of-zelda-debate-3482/ - this one has the creator's take - which is that it is not an RPG, but an adventure game...

Thanks for playing! :D

heh....nobody will probably read that list, I will certainly forget half of them and the question of what exactly an RPG constitutes I'am now far too tired to give much thought - but, somehow, making a list like that right now seems like a good pastime.

So, here goes...

Ohhh and I left out most of my debatable RPGs here....

Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs:
You're really missing out on Mass Effect 3. There are some seriously emotional moments throughout the story, and I like to think of the entire game as a conclusion rather than the (lackluster) endings. If you say you have principles on the matter, fine, but just know that by being belligerent you are depriving yourself of an experience that in my opinion is one of the best I'll have all year.

belligerent
Adjective: Hostile and aggressive.
Noun: A nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law.

Uh... I just said I wouldn't buy one game. It's not like I'm going to burn down BioWare's office or anything.

verdant monkai:

s69-5:

verdant monkai:

Fixed that for you.

BreakfastMan:

Well, none of those things have anything to do with the crux of what makes a RPG. And it's only actually ever sold as an action-adventure game, I'm not sure why Zelda's considered a RPG by its fans, but no one else purports it to be.

Well let's see if I can remember them all:

Completed (at least the main story anyway):
Final Fantasy I, VI, VII, and VII: Crisis Core (if that counts)
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Tales of Symphonia
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Dragon Quest I, VI, VIII, and IX.
Fable/Fable: The Lost Chapters
Fable II
Fallout 1, 2, and 3.
Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Underntide, Hordes of the Underdark
Neverwinter Nights 2
Diablo II + Expansion (again if that counts)
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Blue Dragon
Secret of Evermore
Mass Effect 1 & 2
TES III: Morrowind (although I kinda cheated on that one)
TES IV: Oblivion
TES V: Skyrim
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Currently Playing:
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
TES V: Skyrim (when I feel like it)

Never Completed But Wanted To:
Persona 3
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy IV, VIII, & X
Star Ocean: First Departure

...and I'm sure there are many more, but my memory is failing me.

EDIT:
I forgot a one on the Completed list:
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Also on the Never Completed, but Wanted to List:
Resonance of Fate (I may go back to that one though)

And Never Will Finish:
Final Fantasy IX

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked