Name Your Favorite Game Developers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

For me,

Rockstar: They make consistently awesome games and they treat the narrative as a key part of their games.

Valve: Same as above. Plus they make some of the most original games.

CD project. I haven't even played any of their games, but the way they go about things is awesome, giving free content when it makes sense and not charging you up the ass, they run GoG.com, and no DRM!

But gameplay wise, it'd probably have to be valve. TF2 is my favorite game ever, and then there's the portal series.

While they've fallen from grace in a lot of eyes, I'm still going to go with Bioware. I've yet to play a game of theirs that I did not completely love.

Also...*sigh, I'm asking for a beating in this place but I'm going to have to say EA Sports. WHAT!?! Don't look at me like that! I've probably played my FIFA 12 and Madden 11 more often than most other games...what can I say, Tippy2k2 loves his sports games.

Here, if it helps get my Escapist street cred back, I'll put in Obsidian Entertainment down as well. While flawed, Alpha Protocol was a great game if you can see past all the hiccups. Knights of the Old Republic II is a classic. Fallout: NV was a blast and that new South Park game they are developing looks sweet. They are evidently (according to Wikipedia) developing a game based on The Wheel of Time series, which makes me cautiously excited.

Bi- actually no..I won't go there

Rockstar actually have some love from me..even if they didnt do a PC port of Red dead redemption

Bungie are the only developers of their kind.

They are my favorite, not just for the Halo games.

Squaresoft

From Software. Just because of Demon's and Dark Souls you ask? Why yes, that is correct, though Armored Core is quite nice as well.

Visceral, Epic, Valve, Cavia (RIP), Capy, Nintendo.

NIS
Atlus
Square (holds flameshield +2)
From Software

There will only ever be one Sid Meier's. Most of the other developers I loved were eaten by a large vicious conglomerate.

My favorite developers?

Insomniac Games are definitely up there, they have released games that I have consistently been happy with. The original Spyro trilogy is a good set of games to play. Ratchet and Clank has done very well from what I've seen, always looking nice, great weapon choices, lovable characters... It still held much of what I enjoyed about the Spyro trilogy but updated. I'm anxious to actually play the R&C Future games to see how those are. They've also managed to make it so far being a privately run developer so I've found that impressive as well.

Atlus: I'm a recent fan so I can't say I've played very many but I can say that I have been impressed with what I've seen so far. =) Enjoyable characters, good story, nice aesthetics... And also pretty innovative in my eyes.

TellTale Games: They are not perfect... But I honestly feel like they have strong potential. It's hard to place really but I have a feeling in my gut that they are going to make something good.

Edit: Oh and DoubleFine.

Insomniac
Naughty Dog
CD Projekt
Bethesda
Rockstar
Diablo 1,2, Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 1,2,3 Blizzard
From Software
Square

as of right now? really only have a few...so many pubs/developers have been pullin shit lately that i do not like one bit.

off the top of my head:

obsidian
CD Projekt
Naughty Dog
Bethesda (somewhat..)

I'm getting into Atlus a bit now..so guess i'll dig them too.

Old school...

Koei
SSI

Indie...
Code Club AB
Enormous Elk (unreal world)
bay 12g ames

Watching currently

38 studios

Used to like EA...

Nintendo, Blizzard, Bioware, Bethesda, Sucker Punch

tippy2k2:
While they've fallen from grace in a lot of eyes, I'm still going to go with Bioware. I've yet to play a game of theirs that I did not completely love.

Also...*sigh, I'm asking for a beating in this place but I'm going to have to say EA Sports. WHAT!?! Don't look at me like that! I've probably played my FIFA 12 and Madden 11 more often than most other games...what can I say, Tippy2k2 loves his sports games.

Here, if it helps get my Escapist street cred back, I'll put in Obsidian Entertainment down as well. While flawed, Alpha Protocol was a great game if you can see past all the hiccups. Knights of the Old Republic II is a classic. Fallout: NV was a blast and that new South Park game they are developing looks sweet. They are evidently (according to Wikipedia) developing a game based on The Wheel of Time series, which makes me cautiously excited.

WITCH!

BURN THE WITCH

as for me

paradox
errr....bioware i guess? they have kinda fell out of grace a bit since this year started.
valve

6 months ago i would have champion bioware as the best developer in the industry.

Classic Nintendo up to the mid 2000's, so many great quality games. I never forget good things, Nintendo will always be one of the best, if not the best.

Chris Avellone, Julian Gollop, and Sid Meier. Also Tim Schaffer.

Looking at companies, Obsidian, they make interesting ambitious games.

I'm stuck between choosing Sucker Punch and Insomniac, I love those developers.

Sucker Punch brought Sly Cooper and inFamous, both games I love to bits, and Insomniac for Ratchet and Clank and the Resistance series. I wasn't a fan of the second one, but the rest was awesome.

DICE, Relic, Gearbox, Valve, Bungie

Uber Ent.

They are awesome, you should play there games.

Close 2nd would have to be Valve, because, you know, TF2...*goes and cries in corner*

3rd would have to go to Bungie, due to the sheer awesomeness that is Halo 3.

Whoever makes awesome games. To me, only the games matter, not who made it.

But, if I have to drop a name: Valve. I have enjoyed every single one of their creations and I still do. At the moment, I can't think of any other dev who can lay that claim.

A few of the best:

- Nintendo
- Media Molecule
- Sucker Punch
- Atlus
- Travellers Tales
- Rocksteady

And in memory of the fallen:

- Rareware
- BlueTongue

Ubisoft, Bioware and Bethesda, off the top of my head.

Free Radical

*goes to a corner and cries*

CD Projekt. I didn't like the Witcher, but I do love their attitude.
Valve. I don't dig their games all that much, but their attitude is to die for aswell.
Rockstar. Just plain love their games.
Kojima Studios. Wasnt it called Foxhound or something?

Vault101:

Bioware is an amazing dev. F*** what the haters say, I still love em (buuut I have yet to play Mass Effect 3, and so far have, by pure luck, stayed rather unknowing about the ending).

Relic Entertainment and Monolith. The former for creating truly great RTSs and the latter for creating utterly terrifying games.

1) Bethesda
2) Rockstar
3) Bioware
4) Obsidian maybe?
5) Game Freak

Bioware used to be #1 but then...
I would put CD project in but I haven't played either game yet and and Rocksteady would go in if they had actually made more than 1 game.

tippy2k2:

this

every game of theres i have ever played i have loved, even the ones like dragon age 2 which many people seem to hate (it was great shut up)

Black Isle... Rest in peace.

Valve are pretty awesome too.

So are Bioware, even though the most recent title I have bought from them was DA origins.

Mine are Valve, Black Isle/Obsidian, Bungie, Bethesda and Bioware, even with the recent events.

- Team Ico (for both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus)
- From Software (for Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Armored Core)
- Creative Assembly (for the Total War games)
- Ubisoft (for Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia)
- Rockstar (for GTA, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 2 and 3)

edit: Oh, wait, thatgamecompany as well. Flower and Journey were brilliant.

Dr Jones:

Vault101:

Bioware is an amazing dev. F*** what the haters say, I still love em (buuut I have yet to play Mass Effect 3, and so far have, by pure luck, stayed rather unknowing about the ending).

haha..well done

Guys - Hideo Kojima, Akitoshi Kawazu, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tetsuya Nomura, Fumito Ueda, Jenova Chen....I dunno guys this is hard.

As for companies...a lot of the companies I once loved have kinda fallen (I'm looking at you Capcom!) so I'll list companies I see with potential to be my favourite studios

Level-5
Atlus
Telltale Games
Platinum Games
thatgamecompany

that's probably about it really

YES I LIKE JAPANESE GAMES!!!!!

Valve. No other dev has yet released a library of games which I like as much.

Unlike most, I don't tend to judge a studio as good until they release a fair few games. CD Projekt Red are off to a good start but they need to diversify their catalogue.

Currently, these are my favourite studios:

ATLUS
Bethesda (with an honourable mention to Interplay and Obsidian)
Paradox Interactive
Valve

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked