Sonic Generations Unleashed Level Porting

So a small mod team that i can't find their name if they have one is porting all the day stages from sonic unleashed to sonic generations. They ve been working on this for some time now and the levels almost look identical to the originals now (no visual glitches). They don't have a realease date and won't say anything relating to a release date so dont bother.

I find this just amazing. I always wanted to play unleashed for those stages. I remember playing the demo stage about a thousand times but didn't want to buy the full game because of what i heard about the night stages. Also Sonic Unleashed had some of the most colorfull, beautiful and
fast levels i have ever seen. This is gonna be so awesome, i can hardly wait.

What do you think about this?

It's nice that they can get Unleashed's levels to work in Generations, but I won't be happy until I get me some Ice Cap Zone. If only to get updated versions of its music.

I'm pretty sure many fans are with me on this one. Sega, there is some easy DLC-money to be made here. We'd pay 10 bucks for each, we would. I know you guys are strapped for cash.

Damn how I wish I played PC games, that sounds amazing. I loved the Unleashed day stages.

Also I'm with Chimpzy, they could port the entire Sonic timeline's worth of levels into Sonic Generations, slap a $100 price tag on it and people would buy it.

I wish I had a gaming rig :( Also, if you get that you should totally get this as well

Amethyst Wind:
Damn how I wish I played PC games, that sounds amazing. I loved the Unleashed day stages.

Also I'm with Chimpzy, they could port the entire Sonic timeline's worth of levels into Sonic Generations, slap a $100 price tag on it and people would buy it.

I dont know why sega didn't just dlc the hell out of generations.

bahumat42:

Amethyst Wind:

They don't tend to DLC many of their games tbh, a shame because they do produce some good ones. A case of nice guy finishing last methinks.

Amethyst Wind:

bahumat42:

Amethyst Wind:

They don't tend to DLC many of their games tbh, a shame because they do produce some good ones. A case of nice guy finishing last methinks.

I think its one of the few examples of a game that would really benefit from dlc. I dont think people would dislike getting extra levels and those that did could go without and not really miss out.

Makes me sad.

bahumat42:

Amethyst Wind:

bahumat42:

I think its one of the few examples of a game that would really benefit from dlc. I dont think people would dislike getting extra levels and those that did could go without and not really miss out.

Makes me sad.

To be honest, I'm not all that surprised by it. Sega has a track record of making painfully bad decisions, even when the correct one is blisteringly obvious. It saw it tumble from an industry giant (probably second only to Nintendo at the time) to a relatively small player.

Don't get me wrong, Sega has created some amazing products back in the day, but it can be so obtusely stupid at times.

Hazy992:
I wish I had a gaming rig :( Also, if you get that you should totally get this as well

It doesn't really take a gaming rig to run it, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the requirements on that are quite low.

Edit: there's also a demo, surprisingly enough. You can get it through Steam, and you might be able to find it elsewhere if you poke around.

Owyn_Merrilin:

Hazy992:

It doesn't really take a gaming rig to run it, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the requirements on that are quite low.

I don't think you realise just how shit my laptop is ^_^ It can just barely run TF2 on minimum settings and the FPS got so low it was often unplayable.

EDIT: There's a demo? I might download it later just to see then

Hazy992:

Owyn_Merrilin:

Hazy992:

I don't think you realise just how shit my laptop is ^_^ It can just barely run TF2 on minimum settings and the FPS got so low it was often unplayable.

Okay, yes, if TF2 gives you issues, you're probably SOL XD

By the way, if you didn't know, there's some things you can do with TF2 to make it run on lower than minimum settings. The easiest thing is this config file generator, which generates a .cfg file tweaked specifically to raise the FPS on older systems.

bahumat42:

Amethyst Wind:

And I was kinda hoping they would too as I was hoping to see a lot more classic stages redone too.

Owyn_Merrilin:

Hazy992:

Owyn_Merrilin:

Okay, yes, if TF2 gives you issues, you're probably SOL XD

By the way, if you didn't know, there's some things you can do with TF2 to make it run on lower than minimum settings. The easiest thing is this config file generator, which generates a .cfg file tweaked specifically to raise the FPS on older systems.

Meh I'm not too bothered :P As soon as I can afford I'm gonna build a rig so it's all good ^_^

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked