Mass Effect 3 Rebellion pack: Vorcha, Male Quarians, and Ex-Cerberus units.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Linky links.
Thoughts? Opinions? Vorcha seems cool, a bit dissapointed that it's just plain old quarians. I guess the Cerberus stuff could be interesting.

Thank god its not Protheans. This DLC looks a lot better than I thought it would be. Too bad I haven't touched MP in like 3 weeks.

well its a way to extended the life of multi.
Ive been kinda getting sick of it since ive already managed to get a lvl 10 out of all weapons except the ultra rares.

STill sad that theres no official word on the EC DLC

I have to say that that Lash Attack looks really pretty and awesome. And I probably will be most excited over the adept over anything seeing as that's the only class I play anymore lol.

Also Boaq it's June or July, this DLC was announced just 5-6 days before it was released, so we could probably expect the same for the Extended Cut.

tendaji:
I have to say that that Lash Attack looks really pretty and awesome. And I probably will be most excited over the adept over anything seeing as that's the only class I play anymore lol.

agreed, usually having 2 adepts on the team make every fight a lot easier, im hoping biotic explosions dont get nerfed.

Multiplayer badly needs new enemy types and new game types. More new characters and new weapons, while nice, isn't going to help at this point.

BloatedGuppy:
Multiplayer badly needs new enemy types and new game types. More new characters and new weapons, while nice, isn't going to help at this point.

I agree. This is probably the best thing to do in order to extend the fun that the multiplayer has to offer.

All this new stuff looks pretty nice and all, but I've massacred Cerberus/Geth/Reapers way too many times already.

I know that this Galaxy-At-War thing has to deal with the context of what goes on in the story and all but... I think they should add some "Off the record" stuff, just for the sake of fun. Let us fight Collectors again, or Mercenary groups.

Couldn't care less about new classes and maps. It won't make the multiplayer any more fun. We need more multiplayer modes. Horde mode isn't fun anymore. They should at least make team deathmatch.
New weapons are always nice though. If they fix the ending and make the game worth playing again.

I guess it's cool that they're giving all these things for free.

Tohuvabohu:
Let us fight Collectors again, or Mercenary groups.

Yay for this idea. More enemies would spice things up a bit. I know we're supposed to fight the Reapers, but I'd like to fight mercs again. They were fun to kill in Mass Effect 2. Especially the Blood Pack and asari vanguards in the Eclipse.
They shouldn't tie multiplayer to the story so much.

I played the multiplayer for a couple days after Resurgance, but haven't touched it since. I don't want the gameplay to get old to me because of the multiplayer, if that makes sense. I'd much rather have some Lair of the Shadow Broker-style DLC for the main game. I also hope they do something to boost our Galactic Readiness in the future, so we don't have to rely on the co-op percentages to factor into the total. Maybe when it starts to really die they release a "Mission Accomplished" patch or something that fixes those percentages at 100%.

Gotta agree with the calls for more enemies and game types. I really do enjoy the multiplayer but have become bored of it simply because fighting the same 3 enemy types over and over again just gets old. I realize there may not be a ton of options Bioware can use for enemy forces but there are still at least a couple of viable choices. I do not want to see PvP content brought in, but there are other things you can do with a multiplayer PvE system.. even if it just came in the form of new random wave objectives.

Oh, thank God. And here I was worried that they were working on something good.

But no, MOAR RANDOMIZED MULTIPLAYER REWARDS CRAP.

Only good thing about this DLC is the name of one of the new weapons: Reegar Carbine.
/single tear
Always found it strange there were no male Quarians in MP, glad to see them.

Nothing Tra La La:
Only good thing about this DLC is the name of one of the new weapons: Reegar Carbine.
/single tear

Sure, but it is kinda stupid that they have the same classes as the females.

Sweet, all good stuff. I've been wanting to play as a Male Quarian since the game was released, and only recently have I been getting really good at the Engineer class.

Looks like I'll get my wish, now.

I know for a fact my roommate will play as a Vorcha, too.

It being BioWare, I thought the 'Phoenix' things were Protheans. Thank God they aren't.

Nothing Tra La La:
/single tear

He will be missed. T_T

He didn't help much but I still liked him.

chimpzy:

Nothing Tra La La:
/single tear

Yeah, like every human. Or the asari adepts. Ok maybe I am missing your point but why?

chimpzy:

Nothing Tra La La:
/single tear

Looks like they have different powers than the female Quarians. They mentioned arc grenades and tactical scan in the article.

Eddie the head:

chimpzy:

Nothing Tra La La:
/single tear

Yeah, like every human. Or the asari adepts. Ok maybe I am missing your point but why?

No, just wondering why the male quarians aren't given other classes than the females. Soldier and sentinel for example. Or why not replace one of the male quarians with something else. Another turian perhaps. Infiltrator would be nice.

And as I've said countless time before: Hanar Vanguard.

People keep requesting Hanar and Elcor, but what they are failing to understand is that all of the playable races fit the "humanoid" body shape. It's how they get around the map and dodge-roll, etc.

I highly doubt those two races will ever be playable.

Maybe Volus, but that might take some work.

More humans, more Quarians, and the goblins of ME. They're already scraping the bottom of the barrel. Kinda pathetic

chimpzy:
No, just wondering why the male quarians aren't given other classes than the females. Soldier and sentinel for example. Or why not replace one of the male quarians with something else. Another turian perhaps. Infiltrator would be nice.

And as I've said countless time before: Hanar Vanguard.

Ahh I got you wrong. I would say odd not stupid for future reference. That would help me but whatever I am not the only person in the world.

BloatedGuppy:

:P The problem with new enemies is that there's no one left to fight. They were stretching it as far as putting the Geth into the game seeing as how they're technically good guys in the campaign.

New gametypes, though, I think would do them a world of good. I've a vision of a gametype that's kinda a mini campaign mission. That is, build an actually linear level, a complex that you have to fight your way through, retrieve the data (or plant the bomb, or do whatever), and make it back out. Fighting your way room-to-room the way you do in the campaign. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

RJ 17:
:P The problem with new enemies is that there's no one left to fight. They were stretching it as far as putting the Geth into the game seeing as how they're technically good guys in the campaign.

New gametypes, though, I think would do them a world of good. I've a vision of a gametype that's kinda a mini campaign mission. That is, build an actually linear level, a complex that you have to fight your way through, retrieve the data (or plant the bomb, or do whatever), and make it back out. Fighting your way room-to-room the way you do in the campaign. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

You could make an enemy type out of the Collectors, and another out of the mercenary groups (Blood Pack, Blue Suns, Eclipse). That alone would bump you from 3-5 with precious little effort. It's not like the multiplayer is 100% canonical anyway. The systems alliance doesn't have 25 million skirmishes at the same outpost.

still waiting for this to be available.

RJ 17:

BloatedGuppy:

They explain that as Geth hardware with Reaper code in them.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

You could make an enemy type out of the Collectors, and another out of the mercenary groups (Blood Pack, Blue Suns, Eclipse). That alone would bump you from 3-5 with precious little effort. It's not like the multiplayer is 100% canonical anyway.

Yeah, I was thinking the Mercs, but again: they're supposed to all be on your side while the Collectors are supposed to be dead. That said, however, I do think that the Collectors would be a very fun fight, ESPECIALLY if Harbinger keeps ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of random collector units. But fuck me, I'd hate to take on a couple Praetorians on Gold. xP

The systems alliance doesn't have 25 million skirmishes at the same outpost.

You clearly don't realize how persistent the Geth/Reapers are at taking over Cerberus-run facilities over and over again. :P

RJ 17:
Yeah, I was thinking the Mercs, but again: they're supposed to all be on your side while the Collectors are supposed to be dead.

They're mercenaries! They're not on anyone's side!

It's always possible a few Collectors survived. It's sort of irrational to imagine that one rinky dink space station contained the entire batch.

RJ 17:
You clearly don't realize how persistent the Geth/Reapers are at taking over Cerberus-run facilities over and over again. :P

Are you suggesting their motivations are beyond my comprehension?

This is actually quite a cool update. I like that they're introducing a new objective wave to mix things up and the new gear slot sounds useful. Couple that with six new characters, 3 new weapons and 2 new maps and you've got a pretty decent free update. I'm most interested by the ex-cerberus class as it's always cool to have some new biotic powers.

It would be cool to see some entirely new game modes though. I enjoy the wave based system but it's getting pretty stale. Maybe some linear multiplayer campaign missions. They could even just regurgitate single player maps (like Uncharted 3 did) if it's a free update and they really don't want to make a load of new stuff. Maybe instead of Shepard rescuing Jack and all those biotics it was actually an N7 team. But it doesn't have to be canonical of course.

The new objective is a welcome reprieve.
New maps are nice.
Don't particularly care for any of the new race options.

I hope they'll fix the damn vanguard bug soon. I like playing that class but it sucks when nearly every other match I end up getting glitched off the map.

boag:
still waiting for this to be available.

Hehe, WIN.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:
Yeah, I was thinking the Mercs, but again: they're supposed to all be on your side while the Collectors are supposed to be dead.

It's always possible a few Collectors survived. It's sort of irrational to imagine that one rinky dink space station contained the entire batch.

:P But the Mercs have been united under Aria and if the Collectors aren't finished, they're utterly crippled and now useless. That said, I do still agree that throwing both groups into the mix even as just a "throw-back" enemy would be very fun. I'd like to kill me some more Collectors and hear Harbinger bitching the whole time.

RJ 17:

You cannot possibly comprehend the magnitude of their existence! Because they bring machine-perfected order to the chaos of organic life by making sure that organic life doesn't get taken over by machine-perfected order.

....................ummmm...yeah. :P

RJ 17:
You cannot possibly comprehend the magnitude of their existence! Because they bring machine-perfected order to the chaos of organic life by making sure that organic life doesn't get taken over by machine-perfected order.

How about a level where you just kill waves of Catalysts over and over?

I bet that would be popular.

Least it's free.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

How about a level where you just kill waves of Catalysts over and over?

I bet that would be popular.

They could call it Firebase: Catharsis. *drum rimshot* xD

Azo Galvat:
Least it's free.

:P And that's another thing I'm wondering...I wonder if they had originally intended to charge for these DLC packs but, after all the crap with the Prothean campaign character and the ending, they decided "Yeah, we better give these away rather than sell them."

Pity we didn't get a phantom class, that would have been pretty epic

RJ 17:

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

:P But the Mercs have been united under Aria and if the Collectors aren't finished, they're utterly crippled and now useless. That said, I do still agree that throwing both groups into the mix even as just a "throw-back" enemy would be very fun. I'd like to kill me some more Collectors and hear Harbinger bitching the whole time.

RJ 17:

I miss Harby-tans constant tsundere flirtin with Shepchan.

Why did people complain about it so much in ME2? :(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked