Pokemon most people seem to hate, but you love.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

As a loyal Pokemon player amongst millions, I do firmly believe in the idea that out of 649 Pokemon, every Pokemon has to be somebodies favorite.

But there are a number of Pokemon I've noticed are met with mostly contempt from the fanbase.

So basically I'm asking if there are any Pokemon that you actually like quite a bit, that most others don't seem to.

Biggest example I've been thinking about lately has been this little guy right now.

I admit I'm not a big fan of his evolution, but I do really like this one. Due to my team setups, I've yet to work him into a main series game, but I'm hoping if they ever release a 5th Gen Mystery Dungeon or something akin to Colosseum/XD that Trubbish will be a welcome addition to my party.

In terms of stats:

Deliberd

In terms of design:

Every 4th and 5th generation pokemon. (I like all generations, 4th and 5th had some badass ones)

Ah, thats pushing it. Only Genwunners complain about that. But,

This one raises my eyebrow as to how it could possibly be a bad design:

Yeah, he is highly detailed because he is the Satan of Pokemon. That essentially means he must have alot of design additions.

Terminate421:

Yeah, he is highly detailed because he is the Satan of Pokemon. That essentially means he must have alot of design additions.

People don't like him because he's just completely over-designed, and overly ornate. With the best pokemon their design dictates what they are and what their abilities are.

You take blastoise, it's a turtle with cannons on it's back, you see it and you know pretty much exactly what it does based solely on what it looks like. All the best pokemon are designed that way.

You look at that thing and what is it? Is it a six legged dragon? Is it some kind of giant bug thing? What the hell is that gold stuff all over it? Is that supposed to be a crown on it's head, or horns or what? From just a look you can't even tell what it's type is. It might be a dragon type, it might be a combination of psychic and bug, you just don't know. In the anime it even kind of looks like a rock type. Hell, if I didn't know I never would have guessed it was a ghost type. That's the problem with it's design.

Dirty Hipsters:

Terminate421:

People don't like him because he's just completely over-designed, and overly ornate. With the best pokemon their design dictates what they are and what their abilities are.

You take blastoise, it's a turtle with cannons on it's back, you see it and you know pretty much exactly what it does based solely on what it looks like. All the best pokemon are designed that way.

You look at that thing and what is it? Is it a six legged dragon? Is it some kind of giant bug thing? What the hell is that gold stuff all over it? Is that supposed to be a crown on it's head, or horns or what? From just a look you can't even tell what it's type is. It might be a dragon type, it might be a combination of psychic and bug, you just don't know. In the anime it even kind of looks like a rock type. Hell, if I didn't know I never would have guessed it was a ghost type. That's the problem with it's design.

I don't know, when I first saw the design of him, I saw these qualities:

Dark
Twisted
Unusual
Demonic
Legendary
Large
Otherworldly

When I saw the typing, I saw how it fit and from there it fit that it was more or less a demon pokemon. Or a pokemon of the dead.

Here is a good design to:

Even if you don't know what Arceus is, most people would guess that he is a god pokemon considering colors and shape.

Also, I really am not a huge fan of Blastoise, too simple for my taste. A big turtle with cannons, while not a bad idea, doesn't sit wells as a grand design for a Pokemon.

Take Empoleon for example, he is my favorite Pokemon. He comes with the design of my favorite animal (A penguin) but adds to it enough detail to fit in to where he retains simplicity but enough detail that makes him seem like a pokemon. He has the cool looking crown-beak on his head and suit-fur design on his chest and a collar to boot. The added steel gives him an armor. It then comes down to him being an almost littoral interpretation of an Emporer Penguin. That's what I like in a Pokemon.

Terminate421:

Dirty Hipsters:

Terminate421:

Dark
Twisted
Unusual
Demonic
Legendary
Large
Otherworldly

When I saw the typing, I saw how it fit and from there it fit that it was more or less a demon pokemon. Or a pokemon of the dead.

Even if you don't know what Arceus is, most people would guess that he is a god pokemon considering colors and shape.

Again, I have to disagree with you because I think that Arceus is fucking ugly. I mean, it's a better design than Giratina, but not by much. It's a multitype, and so I understand that it's hard to represent it in a way that explains what it's type is, but the way it's designed it just looked like a pure psychic type.

Also, I just don't like it's aesthetically. Again, the entire thing is just over-designed for no reason. What the hell are all those spikes along it's body, what purpose do they serve? And what the hell is that thing on it's head? It just looks silly. It doesn't look at all elegant. When I think of a god pokemon I think of something more simple looking, something streamlined. I feel like something along the designs of Lugia or Articuno, or even Suicune would be a much more appropriate "god" pokemon.

Pretty much ALL of the other legendary pokemon look better than Giratina and Arceus. Both of their designs are just a mess.

Dirty Hipsters:

Pretty much ALL of the other legendary pokemon look better than Giratina and Arceus. Both of their designs are just a mess.

I beg to differ, the last two legendary trios have been way too similar to each other to be any good.

Giratina's alternate forme was a huge improvement though

Looks freaking AAWWEESSOOOMMEE what is it? a goldfish catfish hybrid? SO AAWWEESSOOMMEEE.

Keoul:
Looks freaking AAWWEESSOOOMMEE what is it? a goldfish catfish hybrid? SO AAWWEESSOOMMEEE.

Not sure if sarcastic but I actually love Magikarp.

He's a mad dog.

But most people like him because Gyarados so he's not really unpopular.

Keoul:

Woah, people hate Magikarp. They are quite clearly wrong and here's why.

For me, it's probably most of the 4th and 5th Gens that a lot of people who have been with Pokemon from the start seem to dislike immediately. But specifically, the Vanillite line of Pokemon.

Bulbasaur. Most people seem to think it's the inferior Gen I starter, but I beg to differ. However, I do know there is a contingent of players who appreciate Bulbasaur's unbridled awesomeness.

EDIT: Captcha caused me to double post.

ultrachicken:
Bulbasaur. Most people seem to think it's the inferior Gen I starter, but I beg to differ. However, I do know there is a contingent of players who appreciate Bulbasaur's unbridled awesomeness.

see i think thats more venusaurs original model sucked, it was UGLY, i rerolled as soon as i saw that thing, eurghh.

Dirty Hipsters:

Terminate421:

But...but he's Giratina! He's...cool! He's...he's...

Yeah magikarp. How could you hate that adorable little bundle of awesome?

My favourite pokemon:

Raised this guy all the way to 100 then traded him into:

This guy pretty much tanked the Elite 4 without breaking a sweat.

One of my other favourite pokemon is Sharpedo. The only way to make a shark more badass is to cross it with a torpedo.

Out of Snivvy, Oshawott, and Tepig, Oshawott was by far my favourite.

It's just so cute!

Wobbuffet.

Nobody seems to like this guy. But he's my all-time favorite.

Dirty Hipsters:

Terminate421:

Dirty Hipsters:

Dark
Twisted
Unusual
Demonic
Legendary
Large
Otherworldly

Again, I have to disagree with you because I think that Arceus is fucking ugly. I mean, it's a better design than Giratina, but not by much. It's a multitype, and so I understand that it's hard to represent it in a way that explains what it's type is, but the way it's designed it just looked like a pure psychic type.

Also, I just don't like it's aesthetically. Again, the entire thing is just over-designed for no reason. What the hell are all those spikes along it's body, what purpose do they serve? And what the hell is that thing on it's head? It just looks silly. It doesn't look at all elegant. When I think of a god pokemon I think of something more simple looking, something streamlined. I feel like something along the designs of Lugia or Articuno, or even Suicune would be a much more appropriate "god" pokemon.

The spikes? They're meant to be "flow" or "Clouds"

The ring? Its a Halo.

What does that symbolize? Heaven.

I see the elegance personally. Have you seen its battle revolution movements? He moves like he's floating.

Then again, I'm still surprised by whatever example I pull out.

But from what I can tell, you like designs beyond those two so I have no reason to go Hulk about Genwunners. And So I have very little of a quarrel with you.

When I thought of a God Pokemon personnaly, I thought of the typical designs and colors when one thinks of Heaven; Roman stuff, Gold, Yellow, White, Cloudy. Arceus fits that in my eyes.

Well, whatever is your opinion is your opinion. I just thought I might explain something a bit further so at least you got it.

*If you like simplicity, I am hoping you like Darkrai as a demon pokemon as well, despite being about Nightmares*

Leemaster777:
Snip

I've always liked how goofy it looks(It's female form wears lipstick!). And that was before I found out about how it's used in battle, I've yet to really use it but I certainly love how different it is. =)

OT: I can say that I have a whole type that no one seems to really like: Grass. It may not be the powerhouse that some other types are... But if you play your cards right this type offers up some very good pokemon for your team in a wide variety of ways.

Leemaster777:
Wobbuffet.

Nobody seems to like this guy. But he's my all-time favorite.

I'm with you on that one. Wobbuffet helps me with those legendaries that like to run away each time you see it. Plus he has a crap-load of health which means he can last a hell of a long time.

Trubbish, like you OP I love that little guy.

Bulbasaur is my favorite gen 1 starter. Toxic your pokes.

Shuckle, such a rarely used Pokemon but one that can really kick ass.

Also this guy

I don't know if people hate it or not, but I like Mudkip and its evolutions. All the way with swampert, I was one-shoting most of the pokemon I came across, until I met Tate and Liza. Seriously, fuck that floating sun and moon, where do they get off on blasting my team with solar beam and hyper beam.

My name has my favorite Pokemon. Just not sure if a lot of people seem to hate it.

Sigilyph just because it just isn't enough to beat fighting types with psychic you gotta add flying into the mix to.

I understand no one like fighting this guy, but it makes using him so much more fun.

I like Snuble.
Do people really hate him?

Dirty Hipsters:

Terminate421:

what heresy is this?!?

Giratina is a boss. dragon/ghost type, that when you equip his orb, gains immunity to ground type moves, resistances and immunity's like few others. plus his alternate form

I get shit done bitches

Hmm I don't really know what Pokemon people don't like except Vannilite+ evolutions. Not a fan of the idea of branching into making pokemon based on non-living (especially food) items myself so I can't say I like them either.

From my experience very few people like Golem but I've always been a fan of him since I first played Pokemon Red. His typing and stats however make him nonviable for any sort of competitive play sadly.

Not my favorite Pokemon but the only one I can think of that I like that others don't seem to.

I like Vullaby. It never comes up in the hated Pokemon threads, but I still get the impression that they're not terribly liked.

Bidoof, and subsequently, his evolution Bibarel.

Everybody seems to hate him, but me, I love him. Heck, I even completed a Bibarel-only 1 Pokemon challenge in Diamond.

Serperior, it's got really good moves

Arcanine remains my favourite, always and forever. Don't think others hate him, just that he deserves more love.

Well as I just found out from this thread, apparently people hate Giratina. So that.
Do people hate Furret? Because I love that adorable little thing.

Oh yeah, put me on the Bibarel love train. Guys, one of its abilities makes it double all of its stat changes. I used to pair it with my Acupressure Shuckle (still my favorite poke) and it would destroy worlds.

Also, Slaking. Yes, his ability sucks, but pair him with the aforementioned Shuckle who happens to know Gastro Acid, and watch him tear other teams apart.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked