loading Xbox 360 demo,s from USB stick

hey I,m trying to get back into the 360 and I ran into a problem, I really want to play Catherine but before I blow 40 euro,s on a game that I might not like. The problem is that for some reason I get a "not in your region error" when I try to load it through the Xbox Market place web site (and not showing up at all on the Xbox market place) is there any method I can download and install them from a USB stick?

PS
as a alternative is their a way to unlock my Xbox to the US region? it,s currently region locked to The Netherlands/Europe and apparently the demo IS available in the US.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they put some measure in to the system which blocks you from storing things like game saves or DLC on non-proprietary storage devices. Microsoft are dicks like that.

So according to the Xbox Live Support page.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have switched countries and want to access Xbox LIVE from your new location, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new region.

So yeah, them's the breaks. Unless you wanna fly over to the US to play that Catherine demo.

Dr Pussymagnet:

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have switched countries and want to access Xbox LIVE from your new location, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new region.

So yeah, them's the breaks. Unless you wanna fly over to the US to play that Catherine demo.

Now this is just a guess and maybe you won't know but couldn't he just create a new silver account and set it to America (or have an American do it and give you the username/password)? How does the Xbox determine what country you're in?

tippy2k2:

Dr Pussymagnet:

Now this is just a guess and maybe you won't know but couldn't he just create a new silver account and set it to America? How does the Xbox determine what country you're in?

I'm pretty sure it knows which IP addresses belong to which country. You can do 2 things, both of which void warranty on your Xbox.

1: Flash your firmware to bypass region locks or,

2: Jtag your Xbox (if it's a first gen) and bypass region lock.

I don't know if this works or not but disconnect your Xbox from the internet and create a new profile and play the demo on that. You might need to set the Xbox to factory default.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked