Games that you wish had a more active comminuty?

It's a sad day when you hop onto your favorite game, and go to join a game only to find nobody is on it, whether or not it happens overnight or over the course of a couple months, it is always depressing. What are games you wish would have lived on, and why?

My main two disappointments are Alien Swarm, and PAYDAY: The Heist. These are two games I really enjoyed, yet shortly after I was able to play them (put off getting a gaming pc for the longest time) hardly anyone plays them. I would have really enjoyed being able to play these games constantly.

Uh...King of Fighters XIII.

Also any other fighting game that isn't UMvC3 or some variation of Street Fighter. I can't practice if I'm only able to play against a cheap computer opponent by myself.

Skull girls . Seriously , there is only a handful of players . It makes me sad ....

Solaire of Astora:

Also any other fighting game that isn't UMvC3 or some variation of Street Fighter. I can't practice if I'm only able to play against a cheap computer opponent by myself.

At least i still have UMVC3 . When no one is on on skullgirls . But it does seem UMVC3 and street fighter are the most dominant fighting games . Although there is blazblue , but everyone is so damn good at that game it's hard to learn!

krazykidd:
Skull girls . Seriously , there is only a handful of players . It makes me sad ....

Solaire of Astora:

At least i still have UMVC3 . When no one is on on skullgirls . But it does seem UMVC3 and street fighter are the most dominant fighting games . Although there is blazblue , but everyone is so damn good at that game it's hard to learn!

I don't remember BlazBlue being all that bad, but I haven't played since the Continuum Shift 2 update on 360.

And Skullgirls is already kinda dying down? It's really a shame...but it might just be because there's likely to be a bigger number of players on PS3.

Iron Brigade. I haven't found a co-op partner through matchmaking at any point I've played. For fuck's sake, this isn't a title that's hard to miss. It's a steampunk mechwarrior tower defense game developed by double fine studios. People should be all over this game.

I think more people need to get more active in Conduit 2.

BlazBlue. It takes too long to find ranked matches and I keep playing the same old guys from CS2 anyway. The newbies never stay long enough to get any good which is sad. I wanna see Carl, Rachel, and Litchi again.

BF 2143 of course. I want more Titan mode!

octafish:
BF 2143 of course. I want more Titan mode!

Yes. Just yes.

Also: Crysis Wars, or just Crysis god damnit! Those were great games! (Besides that annoying korean speaker in wars)
Also, it'd be nice to have friendlier online for garry's mod. The only gametype I can find that has people that are reasonable/ not annoying as crap/ not total asshats is Elevator: Source

If I had to pick one it would be Halo Wars next to no one plays it anymore. When they do its nothing but rushers which annoy me half to death I used to be able to find atleast one decent match on there sadly no more

More people need to Play Halo: Reach. Its still holding well in population wise but if it was much louder in terms of people talking......

Halo 3.

Too many people moved on to Reach when it came out, and everyone seems to be over Halo now, and I don't see why.

Halo 3 was great fun!

Hyena Slade:

My main two disappointments are Alien Swarm, and PAYDAY: The Heist. These are two games I really enjoyed, yet shortly after I was able to play them (put off getting a gaming pc for the longest time) hardly anyone plays them. I would have really enjoyed being able to play these games constantly.

I would gladly play Alien Swarm with you OP! I've yet to even have a proper game of that.

Also, Patapon 3. I only got into it recently, and so far, the only person I have seen has clocked 1600 hours into the game. I ran away.

SWAT 4 was probably my favourite multiplayer game for the longest time, unfortunately it was never a hugely popular game to begin with (Although it did well for itself) so it was only a matter of time before the online started slowing down.

Pity it was a genuinely unique and fun experience to play online.

Eternal silence.
Such a awesome game but the community is all but dead. Im at fault here too since I never play it because nobody is ever online. I would love to play this more again as it was a brilliant fun free game.

Chairman Miaow:

Hyena Slade:

I would gladly play Alien Swarm with you OP! I've yet to even have a proper game of that.

Also, Patapon 3. I only got into it recently, and so far, the only person I have seen has clocked 1600 hours into the game. I ran away.

If you ever want to play, add me on Steam. My account name is: hunterhyena

Definitely Transformers: War for Cybertron. I had so much fun playing that game, but I think the highest count of people I've seen playing across all game modes is somewhere around 1400 or so.

Hyena Slade:

But OP, both of those games are short lived. There's a lot of fun to be had initially, but once you wear it out, you wear it out for good.

OT: Pretty much any game that ever had an expansion or "pay to play more" pack that no one bought. Some of those expansions were pretty cool.

Brink.

... All of them?

Just to name some:
Dark Souls
MMO games: they need more people to break the gimmicks.
Dead Space 2
Homefront
Any fighting game.
Any racing game.
You get my point.

Captcha: I'm not dead yet.

Hyena Slade:

Chairman Miaow:

Hyena Slade:

If you ever want to play, add me on Steam. My account name is: hunterhyena

I couldn't find you as hunterhyena but went through your profile and added the iggy pop one listed there. I am currently known as a spy.

The Madman:
SWAT 4 was probably my favourite multiplayer game for the longest time, unfortunately it was never a hugely popular game to begin with (Although it did well for itself) so it was only a matter of time before the online started slowing down.

Pity it was a genuinely unique and fun experience to play online.

It seems to me like it would be pretty hit and miss online, given the amount of teamwork required (but obviously I never played online, thats just what I'd assume)
One of my favourite lan games though, until someone gets bored and starts experimenting with friendly fire..

Alien Swarm could have gotten a lot bigger if it wasn't so easy to hit the level cap, had more maps, or just had a more active modding community. It really deserved a longer run.

All the community for a game I need, is players on servers. And that's only for the couple multiplayer games I play, CS:S (& CS:GO) and BF3. Those won't have the problem so it's all good enough for me.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked