The Binding of Isaac - Wrath of the Lamb DLC

Is anyone playing this yet? I have over 100 hours in the original game and the new DLC makes it feel completely fresh. Im having a blast finding out what all the new items and enemies do, it seems Edmund Mcmillen really pulled out all the stops. Best 1.99 I've ever spent.

Yeah, the new combinations really do add a great degree of depth. It now feels you can beat the game without getting only very specific combinations.

Also, some of the new stuff is horrifying. Seriously. I'm a veteran, and I can barely stand to look at the combination of "squishy" and "toothpicks". Uuurgh.

trollpwner:
Yeah, the new combinations really do add a great degree of depth. It now feels you can beat the game without getting only very specific combinations.

Also, some of the new stuff is horrifying. Seriously. I'm a veteran, and I can barely stand to look at the combination of "squishy" and "toothpicks". Uuurgh.

Yeh the toothpick upgrade makes my feet curl...

Also, I fucking hate widow, HOW ARE YOU MEANT TO AVOID DAMAGE?!

I got killed by shit.

I got killed by shit!

I love this expansion. I was only ~6 achievements away from golden boy, now I have to adjust to new enemies on each floor, find working schemes for the new bosses and figure out what the new items do. So it's going to swallow at least another 20h of mine.

If here is a golden boy: Do you start as an angel? A friend of mine (one who got it) starts as an angel, missed to ask him with what character though.

Thats what i thought about Wraith of the Lambs, im waiting for the Mac version.

just want that apple symbol to come up next to the Windows.

Trezu:

You made your bed by buying a mac...

iBagel:

Trezu:

I didn't ask for a Mac thou, i wanted a PC so i could play video games and i don't have the income to buy a PC. plus on this mac i have to play most of my games in low quality.

Trezu:

iBagel:

Trezu:

I didn't ask for a Mac thou, i wanted a PC so i could play video games and i don't have the income to buy a PC. plus on this mac i have to play most of my games in low quality.

Then who on earth would buy you a mac when you wanted a PC?

iBagel:
SNIP

you see my Dad wanted a 2nd mac so he could use as a 2nd Mac if his was acting up. So thats why i got a Mac for Xmas, because my dad wanted one

Also, I've noticed that playing as Cain has suddenly become a hell of a lot harder: there's far fewer health upgrades than there were before. It's making it very hard to complete it as him.

I also really like the new soundtrack. I own the old one (Unholy Edition!) so I'd really like to add this one too. Perfect "mood" music.

What do items like "Cancer" do?

Trezu:

iBagel:
SNIP

you see my Dad wanted a 2nd mac so he could use as a 2nd Mac if his was acting up. So thats why i got a Mac for Xmas, because my dad wanted one

But I thought Macs never break?

Prayer card is really good.
Otherwise, wow, I never thought this game could get more fucked up. Then the vagina butts started shooting out of both sides.

iBagel:

Trezu:

iBagel:
SNIP

But I thought Macs never break?

You would have to ask my dad his Logic behind it, but you have a better chance convincing the sun to stop rising

hazabaza1:
Otherwise, wow, I never thought this game could get more fucked up. Then the vagina butts started shooting out of both sides.

My favourite item so far is technology 2, if you combine it with a slow/freeze effect its so overpowered. :D

iBagel:

hazabaza1:

My favourite item so far is technology 2, if you combine it with a slow/freeze effect its so overpowered. :D

Technology... 2? Sounds interesting.
I also found like, a spirit or something in a devil room. Let me fly. Seems kind of useless, considering we already have Lord of the Pit.

hazabaza1:

iBagel:

hazabaza1:

Technology... 2? Sounds interesting.
I also found like, a spirit or something in a devil room. Let me fly. Seems kind of useless, considering we already have Lord of the Pit.

Yeah its like regular technology but always on when you shoot, as well as normal tears from one eye (so half attack speed normal tears) not sure if the laser from it is weaker though.

Oh, and fuck explosive shots. Seriously. That thing's killed me twice now.

Well, I played The Binding of Isaac, and i liked it, even tho it was a tad disturbing.
AA shame i never did beat the game, but then again, I haven`t played anything like it before, so i have no experience...or maybe i just have bad luck, or maybe i just suck at it, who knows.

But this expansion... well, since Im pretty sure I haven`t seen even half of what there is in Isaac, i won`t be getting this anytime soon. And Im a bit cheapish, as well. Still, very cool that people make DLC for more indie-ish games as well!

Awesome news, and an awesome addition to an awesome indie game.

Awesome, Awesome..AWE*twitch-twitch-quiver-twitch*MUMMYMUMMYMUMMY...

Well, it's official. The most messed up game I've ever played just got even more fun. I beat Mom on the above game but I still haven't beaten the womb. Got killed by some weird floating mask things.

Loving it so far only thing that dislike is Super Greed because its not enough to be robbed of a shop you also have to fight a pretty tough enemy to boot.

Cipher1:
Loving it so far only thing that dislike is Super Greed because its not enough to be robbed of a shop you also have to fight a pretty tough enemy to boot.

Yeah greed is always a pain in the dick. And super greed is...well, a super pain in the dick.

Well, I had a nasty bug... Killed Satan in his third phase before he got to the second stomp and he bugged out. Had to kill myself and do him as ??? so I did not get the Judas achievement for completing Sheol. Shit.

But I'm loving it even more by now.

Okay, just beat the final (final) boss (I think). I'll try to avoid spoilers on the boss but I'll discuss strategy.

I'm enjoying it but it seems a bit buggy, I was playing as maggy and I beat mom with the sun card but then it played the first winning cinematic thing and the game ended, even my map showed I had the normal levels to her heart left so I'm not sure whats up with that. Plus I still need to figure out how the challenges work since I'm getting tired of not being able to see the damn map after clicking the shadow one.

It's bugged, it's confusing, it's made the game 20 times easier with that prayer card, otherwise known as the most overpowered item in the friggin' universe, while at the same time making it 5 times harder with the stupid thing replacing the map and compass half the time, the trinkets are overpowered, the giant spider boss can go fuck him... her... itself, Samson seems to get said fucking spider boss more often then not, the final final final boss was banal and the final final ending explained about as much as the previous 11, that being somewhere between fuck all and even less then fuck all...

And I am LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT. <3

BEST 2 EXPANSION EVAR!

(Not even kidding. Despite all the glitches, flaws and whatnot, it's easily an extra 50% added to the game for 2. And seriously, that Dr. Fetus challenge is, like, the most fun thing ever.)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked