29.2% (49)
29.2% (49)
Lucario (in favor of Mewtwo)
37.5% (63)
37.5% (63)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Thinning the heard for Super Smash Bros. U

Pages PREV 1 2

That's an awful small list of characters to get the axe. I think rather than axe the "clones" they should do more to differentiate them like they did fox and falco (they were the same character in melee) and try to use less known games to draw upon for the new smash bros.

Daystar Clarion:
As long as Zelda/Sheik is still in the game, I have no worries :D

Great warriors fight alike!

Don't remove Characters, that is stupid. Just bring back all the old characters and give them unique move sets, also do that with the clones.

Of the characters from the poll... I'd say Lucario. Not because I hate him or anything (I actually like him), I just think that he's mostly a mascot for the fourth gen. I could see him being replaced with Zoroark, or perhaps Mewtwo to cater to the nostalgia crowd. But I somewhat doubt Lucario's getting another go in SSB.

Also, to everyone who thinks that Sonic and Snake won't be coming back... I think you're wrong. Nintendo and Sega still seem to be on good terms, considering they're STILL making those crappy Olympics mini-game collections. And Sega is nothing if not willing to whore out Sonic for a buck. And considering he's a fan-favorite, I see no reason for him to not return.

And as long as Hideo Kojima has any say in the matter, Snake will probably return as well.

I'd drop young Link purely because I think Link should have the ability to switch between the two ages (ocarina of time perhaps), much like how Zelda can transform into Sheik during battle.

I want wolf removed why do we need 2 fox clones *headdesk* and his final smash is lazy and doesnt make sence as slippy built the land master and wolf is fox's rival why would he have one

While I do agree that Lucario should be swapped for Mewtwo, that isn't exactly thinning the herd any. That's just swapping a character out for another.

I say if they do decide to thin it out some, get rid of the Young/Toon Links. The next game will probably just use Skyward Sword Link anyway who is already like a mix of Regular and Toon.

If I could make a suggestion for a character though, they should totally use Yarn Kirby (obviously Yarn Kirby would play a lot differently than normal Kirby)

EDIT: In regards to Sonic and Snake. I could certainly see Sonic sticking around, but I could see Snake POSSIBLY leaving just because he's gonna be in that Sony Smash Brothers game that's coming out. I'm not sure if that actually will have any impact, but we'll see.

Frozengale:
Why would you remove Jigglypuff? She is a staple of the game that has been in since the first game. You don't remove something like that. No real reason to remove ROB. Toon Link... meh his move set is different enough that I'm fine with him. Lucario should be removed for Mewtwo, but I don't think they will.

EDIT- Your poll options stink. Just putting up characters you don't like doesn't mean they are the one that should go.

What? Ok, so, Link and his clone have different enough movesets, you say. But, the two pocket monsters that have virtually nothing in common are way too similar for your tastes?

Lugbzurg:

Frozengale:
Why would you remove Jigglypuff? She is a staple of the game that has been in since the first game. You don't remove something like that. No real reason to remove ROB. Toon Link... meh his move set is different enough that I'm fine with him. Lucario should be removed for Mewtwo, but I don't think they will.

EDIT- Your poll options stink. Just putting up characters you don't like doesn't mean they are the one that should go.

What? Ok, so, Link and his clone have different enough movesets, you say. But, the two pocket monsters that have virtually nothing in common are way too similar for your tastes?

Way to read. I never said they were similar. When did I say "Lucario is to similar to Mewtwo" or anything of the like. Please point it out to me.

Also yes Link and Toon Link move sets are different enough for me. I've played probably more Brawl then you can dream, they play incredibly different. Just because lots of things are similar doesn't make them the same. There is no such thing as a clone character in Brawl, they have similarities but when you get down to it each one of them is played differently.

Get rid of toon Link and get Link/wolf. Either change Falcon's attack or drop him completely. He's just a reskinned Fox. Drop the pokemon trainer too.

I would like Toad to be added so I can used him to attack Peach for using him as a shield. >:)

Out of yours, Lucario for Mewtwo. But freaking Lucas. He's just Ness, only even more of a waste of a character slot. I want Roy back.

I'm willing to bet money that Lucario is going to be replaced with Zoroark. Also, and I've been ninjad about twenty times by now, Snake and Sonic aren't too likely to stay in the game; more-so Snake because he was in there to promote MGS4 and Sonic has the whole rival of Mario thing going on, which might save him from getting the boot.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lucas go.

I would think that the idea of a sequel is to add things not subtract them. No reason why you couldn't have BOTH Lucario and Mewtwo, especially if they work to differentiate them more. Same deal with Falco/Wolf. The game could do more to make them unique, but I see no reason to take options away from players.

If I must choose, I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic get the boot, which may be unavoidable what with the third party status and all. If he MUST stay, at least have him keep his mouth shut. Something about his voice makes me want to pound the little rats face into bloody mulch with something heavy and blunt.

pilf:
I'd drop young Link purely because I think Link should have the ability to switch between the two ages (ocarina of time perhaps), much like how Zelda can transform into Sheik during battle.

How about making Young Link the OoT version?

Unique items and moves instead of the same moveset?

Or Toon Link having unique moves?

I think that would be a better solution.

swap lucario for mewtwo.

I kinda liked ROB.

jigglypuff has been in the game since the N64 version, so she's definitely staying.

TBH I liked both young link and toon link a lot.

As long as I still get to play as Luigi, I'm happy. Actually, do me a favour Nintendo and don't make him a secret character this time? Please? I want to go green as soon as I start playing.

I don't know who they should cut out, but, if we're getting new third party characters, I demand Classic Mega Man. He's already got enough attack variations, he's already got the swappable colours, and most of his history lies with Nintendo. Do it. And you could have Proto Man as an assist trophy.

Ooh you know what'd be cool? A Pushmo/Pullblox level. There'd be all the platforms and Mallo would run around the stage pushing them in and pulling them out.

EDIT:

chickenhound:
I want wolf removed

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, CHICKENHOUND!

Sorry I couldn't help it.

3DS exclusive characters? Really? The games are meant to link up, exclusive characters would just cause fragmentation.

Toon Link is probably gonna be dropped for Ghirahim, and Lucario will probably be replaced by something Gen 5 (maybe Zoroark).

I voted for Jigglypuff, because I feel like he/shes useless and unneeded. Regardless, I really hope Banjo-Kazooie finally make it into this new Super Smash Bros. I've been wanting them since Melee!

Kaleion:
They will most likely drop Snake and Sonic because of the third party thing, I just don't think they are going to use the same 3rd party characters throughout the entire series, just like Soul Calibur doesn't feature Darth Vader, Kratos, Link and Ezio in all of their games, so those are probably the more obvious choices, though I don't doubt that they will probably be replaced by other 3rd party characters.

Anyway of the ones you said, well I don't think they should drop any of those, but if they do it's probably going to be Lucario since he's easily replaceable by any other psychic Pokémon.

Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type Pokemon, not a Psychic type. Hell, from what I remember, he's one of the best Fighting types. Lucario is BOSS.

On topic, yeah I think if anyone is going to be removed, it's going to be Sonic and Snake.

Why nobody ever love Lucario. ;-; He was actually one of my favorites from the new one and he has a much different moveset from Mewtwo to justify him being there. Plus the power up as you get beat upon idea behind him was pretty neat and caused for some fun fights for me too.

If I had to pick one of my own choices, I'd give it to Falco. He's far to similar to Fox and at least Wolf has different attacks and play styles.

I don't get the hate for jigglypuff. She was the most deadliest character in the first smash.

Lucario get your ugly pseudo legendary child ruining ass out of here Mewtwo is the best.

As for third party characters? Freaking Travis Touchdown! The only good third party wii game needs its protagonist on in the game.

Lucario, at least Jigglypuff was on the original roster.

But seriously, I want some of the Golden Sun guys. Saturos, Isaac, Sveta (Stella in the EU version), Ivan or Sheba, Piers, and Alex I think. That gives you a character from each of the 4 elements, as well as Sveta's unique skillset and Alex's general badassery. Their final smash moves could be their respective element's 4th tier summon.

And the other hunter guys from Metroid Prime 3. Especially Rundas. Rundas was a badass.

Solid Snake, he never really fit in anyway.

If Nintendo insists on doing the third-party thing, I'd rather see the Blue Bomber: Megaman.

Issurru:
Can they bring Back Roy? screw Marth, I hate him. Ike is okay but still kinda meh since him and Link are somewhat the same.

Also, can they drop all the clones? I know that could end up being like half the roster but I find it dumb that they have Fox, Falco AND Wolf when their movesets are all the same it just depends on what you want more of (speed or power)

ONE MORE THING! Isaac for Smash Bros U!

I'd back it up a thousand times for them to bring Roy back. I was so upset to find out they replaced him with Ike.

I don't so much as think clones should be dropped, but vary their movesets. I think they need to differentiate Fox and Falco more, or drop Falco since Fox has been there since the beginning(even though I prefer Falco, I just hate his Brawl moveset).

I'd like to see more third party characters, to be honest. Like Megaman.EXE or Lan. Maybe some Tales characters like Lloyd Irving, possibly Luke fon Fabre?

What I'd like to see if she them to return to the Ocarina of Time Link, rather than the Twilight Princess Link. I sincerely hope they don't end up using the Skyward Sword Link, honestly. :/

Lucario is different than Mewtwo. He gains power with more damage, and the only move they share is their B if I remember correctly.

if they have the time I would prefer they kept all characters they had, maybe drop the clones if necessary. Even shitty characters have their charm. Beating the shit out of jigglypuff is fun and it's extra fun to watch someone beating the shit out of someone else with a crap character like jigglypuff :D

I can think of a few characters that I could live without in Fracas/Skirmish/whatever they'll call it. ROB, secondary Link, and Wolf could all go.

Bassik:
Not ROB! NEVEEEER!!!!!

Why drop characters? The Wii U is going to be the most powerfull Nintendo machine ever made, sureley they can handle adding more characters, rather then removing them?

But yeah, swap Lucario for Mewtwo. Stupid blue dog... I don't know him from my childhood!

Many people still love him. Including me.

Also, why not just make Mewtwo too considering they have very similar attacks......

Leemaster777:
Of the characters from the poll... I'd say Lucario. Not because I hate him or anything (I actually like him), I just think that he's mostly a mascot for the fourth gen. I could see him being replaced with Zoroark, or perhaps Mewtwo to cater to the nostalgia crowd. But I somewhat doubt Lucario's getting another go in SSB.

I had an idea, they do different skins for each generation with "one" pokemon.

Mewtwo is on the character select screen but you alter the skin to be a different pokemon.

Generations:

1. Mewtwo
2. Typhlosion maybe?
3. Blaziken
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark

Make them all have the same attacks and its pretty much what we had with Wario, you had his Warioware and original suit.

Drop Snake and Sonic. Still don't see why these were added in anyways. Fair enough if Nintendo was getting some exclusive Metal Gear games but Snake in Brawl seemed all like 'Pwease give us some more snake!' and then being given a 3D port of a game being re-released for the PS3/360 with the second game and for cheaper....

Wolf should go. If only for the fact he was the same as Falco and fox....who also play the same.

Lucario/Mewtwo should go too. Neither were particularly great, most likely will be changed to a new gen pokemon anyways. Gen 1 is more than covered with Pika, Jiggly and Pkmn Trainer.

Young Link/Toon Link I would like to see tweeked to include a slightly different moveset. Maybe to incorportate the Masks from Majora?

I think they could possibly either drop Ike or just add a new Lord in (Lyn!) Roy was dropped because A: He was a clone of Marth and B: Fire Emblem 6 was no longer the new game on the block (and not out in America) not that I think Ike should go. Could see them doing it tho.

MorganL4:

Loop Stricken:

Bassik:
But yeah, swap Lucario for Mewtwo. Stupid blue dog... I don't know him from my childhood!

A thousand times this.

While I agree, we have to factor in that we are not making up the entire target market any more... kids who grew up with the post Gold/Silver roster as the main 'mon probably see Lucario as a more central pokemon figure than us first gen pokemon folks.... So as far as sales go Lucario might make more sense than Mewtwo

Actually its much less targeting as much as it is keeping up-to-date

I grew up with the first generations but I moved on and found the 2nd and 4th to be my favorite. My point? They'll move on.

Most likely, Zoroark is the next choice considering how Black and White came out a year ago.

Besides, we have Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu and Jigglypuff as the 1st generation, there are 649 other pokemon, something new would be nice.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked