E3 2012 Thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 NEXT

Whoopdy do. I think the only new Arkham thing I'll be using is the menu.

SpaceBat:
Looks like the crown is going to be split between Sony and Ubisoft.
Nintendo's conference was surprisingly horrible.

Agreed. Ubisoft definitely had the best press conference this year, even with the Youtube celebrity fuckwit.

Of the hardware manufacturers, Sony definitely came out on top. Started good, ended on a high note, and they had the good sense to bury to boring crap in the middle of the conference.

Anoni Mus:

TLS14:
Wii Fit U? Fucking seriously? Just go out and jog, you filthy troglodytes.

That's not fun.

Good music makes it quite fun, in my opinion.

Funny how people will argue over something as made up as "Who won E3" seeing as, you know, it's a Conference, not a Contest.

Still, Paper Mario on 3DS would be awesome to get a hold of. Hopefully some more like Monster Hunter 3G and Professor Layton come over.

Nice to see them supporting more 3rd Party Devs with the WiiU too. Even if the games have already been out it's more games to offer which means more people will buy it.

Wii U Conference:

What we got:
Pikmin 3
NSMB U
ZombiU
lego City
Wii Fit U
Nintendo Land

Absences:
Zelda
Metroid
Animal Crossing
Launch date and price point for the Wii U. We know what that means people - It's not coming out this year.

Overall: Mediocre. But this has been a bad e3 so far. We may have a winner.

What I don't understand is why anyone was expecting a new Zelda in the first place. The one we got last year was merely a tech demo, It's just plain unrealistic to expect a new one so soon.

mew4ever23:
Wii U Conference:

What we got:
Pikmin 3
NSMB U
ZombiU
lego City
Wii Fit U
Nintendo Land

Absences:
Zelda
Metroid
Animal Crossing
Launch date and price point for the Wii U. We know what that means people - It's not coming out this year.

They actually gave a release window, this holiday. So unless they delay it, expect it this year.

mew4ever23:

Reggie said this holiday season

Towowo2:
What I don't understand is why anyone was expecting a new Zelda in the first place. The one we got last year was merely a tech demo, It's just plain unrealistic to expect a new one so soon.

Zelda: One just came out
Smash: Just started development
Metroid: Probably holding off until they can do it right again

I don't know what people were expecting with regards to big franchises to be honest

mew4ever23:
Wii U Conference:

What we got:
Pikmin 3
NSMB U
ZombiU
lego City
Wii Fit U
Nintendo Land

Absences:
Zelda
Metroid
Animal Crossing

Uhm, it's being released this holiday season. They hinted at that when they said Nintendo Land would be released this holiday season.

Wow, that conference was weak.
Of the big 3 I rate them in the following order: 1. Sony, 2. Microsoft, 3. Nintendo

Nothing in the press conference made me feel like I need to have it. There was only one thing that I was pleasantly surprised about was Pikmin 3. Just a shame that it's on the WiiU because unfortunately nothing in that conference made me want the WiiU or think that the tablet controller is more than a gimmick.

I think that was a big crux of the conference. They had to show that the WiiU was something that was essential and they failed miserably in my opinion.
Nothing special and I've not seen any game or app that has made me think "wow what a neat idea for using that screen"
Everything seems tacked on and forced on to that screen in order to make it work. Bar literally 1 or 2 things everything just seems to be awkwardly shoehorned to make it work with the screen. Ergo to make the screen work at all, to try and make it valid in some way.

So they failed on the hardware, but also failed on the software front. All I could think of when I saw them was "wow, I get to play existing games (some I have already played) just on a less than ergonomic joypad with shoehorned in features".

The whole aspect of "asymmetrical" gaming just seems a little dry and like it'd just be better if all options were given to all the players rather than have to pick one "special" player. I can see this causing problems with siblings :P

mew4ever23:

Absences:
Zelda
Metroid
Animal Crossing

Skyward Sword isn't even a year old yet.

It's only been a couple years since the last Metroid, and it didn't get a positive response. Could still show up on 3DS though.

And didn't they announce a 3DS Animal Crossing last year? Despite how they're handling NSMB at the moment, it's probably not a good idea to simultaneously release two games in the same series.

Maybe tomorrow we'll hear about a Zelda for 3DS, it's about time. Don't care if it's a new one or Majora's Mask remake, I want a Zelda for 3DS now!

Ok, new Platinum games game made by the people who made Okami! It's looking cool.

Midgeamoo:
GAMES ARE NOT FOR FAMILIES, STOP TRYING TO PERSUADE US OTHERWISE.

It CAN be. When I was younger I played Mario party with my family all the time and have lots of fond memories of learning how to play games from my dad or my brother. The problem is I think people are trying way to hard to appeal to families. Like they are just trying to grab a quick buck by saying "Buy this with your kids and they will love you forever!"
Games can and should be something kids can experience with their parents or siblings but only with a genuinely good game.

MissGinaKid:

Midgeamoo:

It CAN be. When I was younger I played Mario party with my family all the time and have lots of fond memories of learning how to play games from my dad or my brother. The problem is I think people are trying way to hard to appeal to families. Like they are just trying to grab a quick buck by saying "Buy this with your kids and they will love you forever!"
Games can and should be something kids can experience with their parents or siblings but only with a genuinely good game.

I honestly think we aren't trying hard enough. Name the last successful AAA title for Xbox or PS3 that was family oriented. Family games are left for Nintendo and gimmicks.

Matthew94:
Get in here guys.

Just saw a bit of Halo and some splinter cell.

Seems it XBOX exclusive again. Hopefully it will be for PC too.

Splinter Cell will be on all 3 platforms. Halo will almost certainly be exclusive however.

Anoni Mus:
Maybe tomorrow we'll hear about a Zelda for 3DS, it's about time. Don't care if it's a new one or Majora's Mask remake, I want a Zelda for 3DS now!

What about OOT that came out for the 3DS?

Xannidel:

Anoni Mus:

That was a remake, doesn't count.

Anoni Mus:

Xannidel:

Anoni Mus:

Wait a minute, you said that a Majora's Mask remake didn't matter so why doesn't this one count?

Towowo2:

Zelda: One just came out
Smash: Just started development
Metroid: Probably holding off until they can do it right again

I don't know what people were expecting with regards to big franchises to be honest

What about Starfox, or hell, a new F-Zero.

It's been nearly ten years since the last proper one. It seems like Nintendo just doesn't give a crap, and only want's to churn out more Mario games, including two which look exactly the same.

Also, a new IP wouldn't go amiss. Nintendo definitely need a few more.

Xannidel:

Anoni Mus:

Xannidel:

Wait a minute, you said that a Majora's Mask remake didn't matter so why doesn't this one count?

I didn't say it didn't matter, I said I want a Zelda.
They could even announce MM this year and another Zelda next year for 3DS, since MM and OOT don't take as much time to do as new games.

Revnak:

MissGinaKid:

Midgeamoo:

I honestly think we aren't trying hard enough. Name the last successful AAA title for Xbox or PS3 that was family oriented. Family games are left for Nintendo and gimmicks.

Because families don't play together.

Lord knows I tried.

Matthew94:

SpaceBat:
I'm a bit confused. Halo 4 looks somewhat interesting, but isn't splinter cell a stealth gengre? All I saw was some guy engaging random generic Arabs in firefights and executing them.

SC hasn't been stealth since Chaos Theory.

I beg to differ.
Conviction was a great stealth game and an even better splinter cell game.
It brought me into the franchise.

Though I am disappointed so far with Blacklist's presentation so far.

No Michael Ironside=no Sam Fischer, its a real damn shame he isn't involved.

Jaeke:

Matthew94:

SpaceBat:
I'm a bit confused. Halo 4 looks somewhat interesting, but isn't splinter cell a stealth gengre? All I saw was some guy engaging random generic Arabs in firefights and executing them.

I beg to differ.

I'm sorry, I failed to see the stealth while I was blasting through hordes of enemies with machine guns and grenades.

Maybe the stealth element was hiding from me...

Matthew94:

Jaeke:

Matthew94:

I beg to differ.

I'm sorry, I failed to see the stealth while I was blasting through hordes of enemies with machine guns and grenades.

Ooh good one...

OT: Don't use the machine guns then???

I stuck with just the Five-Seven and some EMP's and Decoy Camera's. Plenty o' stealth for me.

Jaeke:

Matthew94:

Jaeke:

I beg to differ.

Ooh good one...

I stuck with just the Five-Seven and some EMP's and Decoy Camera's. Plenty o' stealth for me.

Seriously, face it. It's an action game with stealth elements.

With shit like regenerating health, big action set pieces and levels where you HAVE to engage in firefights (flashbacks) it's pretty much a shooter.

Compare that to CT where you had a health bar, you died in seconds from gunfire and needed to stay stealthy and couldn't just shoot your way out of situations.

Matthew94:

Jaeke:

Matthew94:

Ooh good one...

Seriously, face it. It's an action game with stealth elements.

With shit like regenerating health, big action set pieces and levels where you HAVE to engage in firefights (flashbacks) it's pretty much a shooter.

Compare that to CT where you had a health bar, you died in seconds from gunfire and needed to stay stealthy and couldn't just shoot your way out of situations.

Hard mode?

But seriously, I hear ya. Maybe I was spared the change since I played Conviction first, but I still love the games regardless. Still, I am feeling wary about this new one.

Matthew94:

You blasted through them? I knocked every single one out cold and ran through the maps because the "stealth" encounter are so fucking linear and there was no drawback on knocking everyone out instead of just passing by.

Was that Ripley in the Nintendoland thing? And one of those icons was a freaking Arwing. What the crap, Nintendo? You show us a tease of a tiny little side game instead of giving us a game we want? Gah!

Better than Microsoft yammering on about the Kinect, or Sony's weird book thing. Kinda thinking Sony is still winning, though, with Beyond, The Last of Us, and God of War. Pikmin 3 and two New Super Mario Bros games aren't getting my feathers ruffled like they should. Apart from the three Sony titles mentioned, the Halo 4 stuff, and some great new AC3/Liberation footage, this has been a pretty lackluster E3 so far.

Worse yet, they've half announced Paper Mario, and it looks like they're taking that damn Kirby's Epic Yarn game to heart, and have removed the lovable companions even further from the Paper Mario series. :/ dammit.

So, it's a game where your some sort of hero, collecting people up to create things like fists and shields to fight alien robots?

Color me Intrigued, but I will need more information before I can say anything else about this game.

Would have been better then Nintendoland though...

(Yeah, I accidentally posted this here, and not on the place that would have actually had the video. Sorry bout that)

Amazing Spider-Man, looks good.

Like, REALLY GOOD.

mew4ever23:
-snip-

In a battle of competing "bad", Nintendo wins through the sheer notion of not being the worst of the bunch.

Sony's conference was shameful, opening with a game made by Heavy Rain's creators and then the slow descent into "Wonderbook"....oh god, and you thought the PS Move was bad.

Microsoft's conference mostly consisted of new Halo and their desperate attempts to remind people that the 360 can perform all sorts of tasks that you already have computers for.

Ubisoft had a bright ending, but a dark opening, and between Aisha's idiotic commentary and their failure to utilize Toby Turner properly (seriously how do you fuck this up?), I can only give them a share of the "best in show" title by virtue of two new titles: ZombiU and Watch Dogs.

And EA....well, do we really have to mention EA?

E3 Press Conferences Summed Up:

Microsoft: (Full E3 Press Conference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsA_lEOV_7M&hd=1 )

EA: (Full E3 Press Conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGTzdreqSps&hd=1 )

UbiSoft: (Full E3 Press Conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalhGwC_ym4&hd=1 )

SONY: (Full E3 Press Conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQL0LEuv0a0&hd=1 )

Nintendo:

Dexter111:
snip

What was shown during the 3DS conference? I went to bed shortly after their primary conference. Was it just a rehashing of what they talked about in the primary?

wintercoat:

Dexter111:
snip

What was shown during the 3DS conference? I went to bed shortly after their primary conference. Was it just a rehashing of what they talked about in the primary?

I don't know, since I don't care about the 3DS in the slightest xD

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked