40.4% (42)
New Conglomerate
28.8% (30)
28.8% (30)
Vanu Sovereignty
29.8% (31)
29.8% (31)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Planetside 2: What Faction are you?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Now, for those of you who do not know what Planetside is, I will copy and paste a bit from the website:

"PlanetSide 2 takes all the groundbreaking features from the original game - massive multiplayer battles, distinct empires to rally around, and enormous continents where intense ground and air combat unfolds - and adds features that modern gamers have come to expect out of the FPS and MMO genres. With advanced technology, years of gamer feedback, and a new SOE proprietary MMO game engine called Forgelight™, PlanetSide 2 offers a truly competitive and visceral FPS experience with massive warfare, massive customization and massive community.

Across the continents of Auraxis, thousands of players will come together in enormous battles to win control of critical territories and key resources for their empire. With a an extensive skill tree and free-form class-based system, players will be able to customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Battles can last for days or weeks, so players will need to build alliances and specialized combat outfits to take on long-term strategic and tactical initiatives. With air and ground combat, the battles will be larger and more intense than ever." Source

I'll be most likely going Vanu Sovereignty most likely sticking to Infiltrator. I much prefer their character looks, and their vehicles and weapons are just awesome looking.

I just much prefer how they look. The New Conglomerate Infiltrators look quite a bit better, but I don't really like the NC's weapons and vehicles. The Terran Republic has that weird bug-eye syndrome so many games seem to have in recent times, which just really makes me not want to play them. I don't know why, Tribes Ascend's Blood Eagles have that problem too. The obsession with making our characters look like bugs baffles me. :(

Now that I've got that out of the way, what faction will YOU be going for?

They're all too future-y looking. I don't know. I'm semi-interested in Planetside 2, but the setting and art leaves me cold every time I start looking at it closely.

I guess if I had to pick, the New Conglomerate. The other two look like cheesy superheroes.

BloatedGuppy:
They're all too future-y looking. I don't know. I'm semi-interested in Planetside 2, but the setting and art leaves me cold every time I start looking at it closely.

I guess if I had to pick, the New Conglomerate. The other two look like cheesy superheroes.

I'd say the future-y look of it is what really drew me in. Then it just continued to pull me in as I learned more about it. I like the whole thing about it, the massive scale battles, the large areas to fight in, it all is amazing. It really sounds like what an mmo should be. Most of the time mmo games can only have up to 50 or 60 people in one battle. Sure, that's a lot of people, but it's just not a massive scale battle. *shrug*

Those are only the pictures for the Infiltrator class. Each class looks a lot different than the others.

kortin:
I'd say the future-y look of it is what really drew me in. Then it just continued to pull me in as I learned more about it. I like the whole thing about it, the massive scale battles, the large areas to fight in, it all is amazing. It really sounds like what an mmo should be. Most of the time mmo games can only have up to 50 or 60 people in one battle. Sure, that's a lot of people, but it's just not a massive scale battle. *shrug*

Those are only the pictures for the Infiltrator class. Each class looks a lot different than the others.

I tend not to like clean, shiny sci-fi. I like the grittier, dirtier look. More "Aliens" than "Star Trek".

I'm still interested though. Any idea what the time frame for a release is?

BloatedGuppy:
I tend not to like clean, shiny sci-fi. I like the grittier, dirtier look. More "Aliens" than "Star Trek".

I'm still interested though. Any idea what the time frame for a release is?

I'm afraid I don't have any news on that, although (don't quote me on this) I heard that they were planing an open beta coming out sometime after E3. Totalbiscuit is doing coverage of a large scale battle during E3, so that makes me think that the developers have enough into the game to justify going into beta after E3. Again, though, it's only a rumor that I heard, I haven't anything to back it up. :P

"Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity!"

Wharrgarble:
"Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity!"

Another TR guy? Heh, I've noticed that there are a lot of you guys out there. I know TB is for them, and a bunch of my friends who were really into the original Planetside (I only played it in passing, sadly :() also were all out for them. :o

Welp, I was TR when I played Planetside, I'm fairly certain I'll play TR in the sequel. Although, it does look like my favorite vehicle, the Marauder, has been nixed (along with the entire Assault Buggy class of vehicles), so I'm not sure if that might influence a change in faction...

Also... Ze goggles! Zey do nothing!

Haven't played the original, but I really like the look and feel of the NC.

Vanu for life.

Dudeman325:
Welp, I was TR when I played Planetside, I'm fairly certain I'll play TR in the sequel. Although, it does look like my favorite vehicle, the Marauder, has been nixed (along with the entire Assault Buggy class of vehicles), so I'm not sure if that might influence a change in faction...

Also... Ze goggles! Zey do nothing!

Well, the designers said they had plans to add in things over time, so maybe they're just waiting until later to do it. :P

TR for me thank you very much I'll have none of this purple nonsense.

I'm in a tie between Terran and Vanu. Voted Vanu though.

Cipher1:
TR for me thank you very much I'll have none of this purple nonsense.

But purple has to be the greatest color! 'Tis a combination of Blue and Red, the two highest pureblood colors their are!

New Conglomorate. My choose is mostly based on an article by PC Gamer. It said NC has the heaviest weapons. I like big guns.

I picked New Conglomorate. Their infiltrator looked the coolest.

Substitute Troll:
I'm in a tie between Terran and Vanu. Voted Vanu though.

Same here, so hard to choose!

I'm thinking TR though

Terran Republic for me

We are the only ones who are Trying to bring Order here

NC are Whining about Freedom's and Rights and the Vanu are the Anti-social alien Types

Join the TR for the best Parties

And we have the Cynical Brit on our Side (TotalBiscuit)

JordanXlord:
Terran Republic for me

We are the only ones who are Trying to bring Order here

NC are Whining about Freedom's and Rights and the Vanu are the Anti-social alien Types

Join the TR for the best Parties

You, sir, have officially convinced me to be a TR guy

TR all the way, cant wait for beta

Kinda hard to choose...eh, I'm going with the Vanu Sovereignty.

Our vehicles move freely and our guns go pew motherfuckers!

Terran Republic looks the best IMHO. Besides they are bringing order so how could you be against that.

I'm going for the Vanu Sovereignty. I hear that your interface changes on fraction, is that true ? And that you can have some kind of mech.

New Conglomerate. We are here to free you, whether you want it or not. Now up against the wall Motherfucker! I'll probably be a medic, someone has to.
Christ I hope there is an Oceania server this time, the 400ms pings were just a little frustrating the first time.

The Forces of Chaos:
I'm going for the Vanu Sovereignty. I hear that your interface changes on fraction, is that true ? And that you can have some kind of mech.

Each faction does have their own aesthetic to weapon and vehicle design, and the mech is the Max unit which each faction has a variation of.

If you want an extended look at some early gameplay then go check out totalbiscuit's youtube channel, he has over 2 hours of livestream footage from e3 he posted a few days ago.

OT: I'm torn between terran republic an the vanu, going to have to get in game before I can decide.

Vanu. Numbers and size mean nothing, technological superiority Bitches.

From what little I know, there are the bog standard boring ass humans, a red variety of boring ass humans, and guys with awesome glowy alien tech. hmm...

Hmm first thread ive seen for planetside 2, which is looking totaly awesome i might add. Watched several live streams from E3 over the last couple of days, picked vanu sov because i like the idea of a more tech based team as opposed to straight up fire power.

BloatedGuppy:

Futuristic look in a Science fiction game? Say its not so!

OT: Terran Republic. I plan on playing as an engineer or a MAX.
Edit:

JordanXlord:
And we have the Cynical Brit on our Side (TotalBiscuit)

/thread.

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Oh shaddup. I go on to specify what I meant by that.

I don't like glossy shiny sci-fi. I like dirty grimy sci-fi. At the very least, I don't like glossy shiny sci-fi as depicted by the art team working on Planetside 2.

I'm still loyal to NC after the amount of time I cruising around in vangaurd tanks in the original game

BloatedGuppy:

Troublesome Lagomorph:

Oh shaddup. I go on to specify what I meant by that.

I don't like glossy shiny sci-fi. I like dirty grimy sci-fi. At the very least, I don't like glossy shiny sci-fi as depicted by the art team working on Planetside 2.

I assume Dust would be a better pick for you, then.

It's hard to tell from the pictures. But which side is the least techy, and uses the junkiest weapons/vehicles?

Cause that's who I'd want to pick.

Troublesome Lagomorph:
I assume Dust would be a better pick for you, then.

Could be, could be. Thanks for reminding me about the existence of that!

Never played Planetside so I dont have any faction loyalty at the moment, though Im interested in the game.

Going purely by looks I like the VS the most. Theres just something about that sleek futuristic look that appeals to me. Although as I understand it there are thematic differences with each faction too so Im not sure looks should be the only thing you decide your faction on.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked