Do you care about Hitman Absolution?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

This is one of my most anticipated games in years. But i'm actually surprised to notice that it isn't really getting a lot of attention. I find it somewhat saddening, but being a huge fanboy my view might be bit skewed.

So my question for all of you, do you give a damn about this game? Yes? No? why or why not?
Do you think it deserves more attention or do you wonder what the hell anybody sees in it?

for those interested here's the E3 gameplay. I seriously can't watch it without drooling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pal859keA

(I don't remember how to embed this thing, sorry)

I keep swinging between mild anticipation and standard apathy.

I've never been overly impressed with Hitman in the past. The concept is solid, but the execution never lives up to it. So when they announced Hitman: Hit Harder I didn't really give a damn.

Then I saw some gameplay and thought it looked pretty solid. Mild anticipation ensued.

Then I saw that new trailer and my eyes nearly rolled out of my skull. Apathy returned.

Then I saw some more gameplay and it still looked pretty good. Anticipation again.

As it is, I'll be buying it at some point. However, it doesn't come close to warranting a day-one purchase. It'll be one of those titles I snag when it goes on Steam at 50% off about five months after release.

To me it looks pretty meh.

So to answer your question: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................................

I'm really looking forward to it.

There have been plenty of threads in the past week or so on here.

distortedreality:

I must've missed them in the cloud of watch dogs and the last of us. (I'm pysched for them as well but not as much as for a new hitman, I played bloodmoney so much my controller gave out twice)

I've never been into the hitman franchise so no but i'd be interested to see how actual fans of the game are reacting to it as it looks quite different to what I remember of the games.

No, I don't like what they have done to the plot, game play and characters.

I won't be buying this. Well, I may in a few years when it is 5.

neversleep:

distortedreality:

I must've missed them in the cloud of watch dogs and the last of us. (I'm pysched for them as well but not as much as for a new hitman, I played bloodmoney so much my controller gave out twice)

Heh, that's understandable.

If you haven't checked out the earlier games, you really should. The first game had probably my favorite mission of the series (the hotel one). That one mission alone could quite easily be turned into a movie, there's that much going on.

Demon ID:
I've never been into the hitman franchise so no but i'd be interested to see how actual fans of the game are reacting to it as it looks quite different to what I remember of the games.

It is what a lot of fans feared. But they actually didn't change much of the core gameplay.
You can play exactly in the same way as in the old games. They just made the rambo option look better and more fun to play. It was fun to go rambo in the old games too but the mechanics were a tad crappy

distortedreality:

neversleep:

distortedreality:

If you haven't checked out the earlier games, you really should. The first game had probably my favorite mission of the series (the hotel one). That one mission alone could quite easily be turned into a movie, there's that much going on.

I own hitman2 for ps2 and contracts
But I find it really hard to play 2 thanks to th graphics

...Hitman Abso-what now?

I've never been a fan of the hitman series and have only played Blood money. I thought that it was pretty cool and worked well but it didn't really feel like my kinda thing.

So to answer your question. Nope, I do not care for it. The trailer destroyed any kind of interest I may have had.

I'm totally psyched for Hitman: Absolution and I'm a long time Hitman fan. The different ways you can take out your target is what makes the series so awesome, and Absolution still has that element in spades. I'm also a huge fan of stealth games and this game looks fantastic from that perspective as well, and the Hitman games do stealth a bit different than any other series with the ability to disguise your through levels. Fans are so ignorant about their own damn series. They didn't change anything about the core of Hitman with Absolution, they just made the gunplay better so for the times when things do go wrong, you have the option of shooting your way out in much better fashion from a gameplay perspective.

I was really skeptical about it, but then they showed that Chinatown gameplay video and my hopes were really rekindled. Seems like we're still able to choose from a plethora of murder methods, just like we're used to. I'm real happy about that, despite video's like the helicopter chase scene.

Dandark:
I've never been a fan of the hitman series and have only played Blood money. I thought that it was pretty cool and worked well but it didn't really feel like my kinda thing.

So to answer your question. Nope, I do not care for it. The trailer destroyed any kind of interest I may have had.

You don't sound like I can change your mind. But if you'd check the gameplay I linked in my original post you can see that the core gameplay hasn't changed. The rambo option you also had in blood money has just been streamlined :)

Not in the slightest.

There are only 3 games I have any interest in and those are Last of Us, Aliens Colonial Marines and Dishonoured.

Nope. I really need some new games to get excited about. I'm only really looking forward to the new Bioshock.

The trailer just made me go `Here is a game that is clearly not for me`.

Yes, definitely. It has definitely become my most anticipated game since Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. The enviroments look gorgeous, the kills are brutal, and the A.I looks like the most complicated A.I system in a game.

I really enjoyed Hitman: Blood Money, but I'm cautiously waiting to see if this is a full-blown Hitman game and not something that has been dumbed-down to appeal to the lowest common denominator. The demo at E3 has prompted me to believe that there is hope, but one demo isn't enough for me to put my guard down quite yet.

My feelings on it are generally more positive than they were before they started showing actual gameplay but I'm definietly not going to be buying it day one. It looks cool and it's nice to see a series like Hitman get the recognition that it's getting, but nothing about the game itself really excites me to any notable level yet.

It is not interesting to me because it is drifting away from what made the previous games so unique and enjoyable.

I do not want my hand held, nor do I want magic see-through wall vision or anything like that.

Legion:
It is not interesting to me because it is drifting away from what made the previous games so unique and enjoyable.

I do not want my hand held, nor do I want magic see-through wall vision or anything like that.

you can switch both magic and handholding off with purist mode :)

neversleep:

Legion:

you can switch both magic and handholding off with purist mode :)

Hmm... now then, I may start having a looksee. Especially as there aren't any games out until around November that I'd like to get so far.

I'm intrigued, yes, but unless I can get a job this summer(ideally a perm. job), I'm only getting the game for a maximum of 20, if I have that much floating around; and after I've gotten a game or two I got my eye on before hand.

I liked the older Hitman games, but I didn't like Blood Money for some reason. The demo made me cringe.

distortedreality:

neversleep:

distortedreality:

The remake of the hotel level is pretty damn good too. It was in Contracts, I think?

That's actually kinda a hard question. I have historically liked Hitman games but, by the same token, one of the things I've liked is how it handles a breach of stealth. The games have been at their most fun when you pulled off a silent assassin rank on a level but the franchise has enormous variation in how easy or reasonable such things were. Hitman 2 made this act nearly impossible it would seem for example.

The thing is, I'm not sure why they keep using the same lead character. Having played all the games, I don't feel he's a particularly good one. He is a guy who favors the ugly side of the fence who's bald, who was apparantly the result of some bizarre experiment to create a perfect killing machine. In fact, the ongoing story is always the least important part of the game it would seem and the regular twists and turns are only interesting because of the excellent gameplay scenarios it forces.

I guess the bottom line is that I like Hitman, but not really any particular interpretation of the game.

I am looking forward to it but I don't buy games on release. I will be waiting to see reaction from fans and critics alike. What I think they are doing with this is "allowing you to fail". That is making the "action" game-play more fun so that you don't feel as if you have ruined everything by getting made one time. In some of the previous ones you either executed a (near)perfect hit or you killed more or less everyone in the level.

Yes but not because of the nun punching trailer. I've played/beat/enjoyed other Hitman titles(heck I even bought the movie) so yes I DO care and plan on buying the new game

The new voice actor just isn't doing it for me. I would prefer Bateson over him any time of the year.

Schadrach:

distortedreality:

neversleep:

The remake of the hotel level is pretty damn good too. It was in Contracts, I think?

the one with the ghost? Cause that was pretty freaking awesome

Vibhor:
The new voice actor just isn't doing it for me. I would prefer Bateson over him any time of the year.

I find it really weird a voice actor change would put you off a game.

I mean I liked Bateson, but I don't buy a game for the voice actor or the soundtrack.

I'm buying this game to murder tons of people in different ways

Iffy. I am leaning towards Dishonored as they both can fill my cold calculated murder game needs. I know they are making action hitman trailers to build hype but it still makes me nervous.

Since Hitman is one of my favorite franchises,

Yesssssssssssssss, very much so

Im curious to know if you can get to one of your targets by going down the chemney dressed as Santa.....just trying to remember where i heard that from. Can't remember for the life of me.

I'm vaguely interested in this...will probably pick this up when it's much cheaper.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked