Have you ever gotten revenge on a griefer?

Pages PREV 1 2

Me? Not personally. But I've been on a server for a long time, and it seems that sometimes people who have built massive things greif when they get bored of building.

I like to explore that server BECAUSE it's so old, there's so many abandoned buildings and mines. Of course, I was a bit spooked when I came across some horribly destroyed land. A few remains of a wall, a destroyed nethergate. My friend and I explored this massive ruin until we found a sign that said "This is what happens to greifers."

And, from a demonstration I saw later, it seems the admins on that server can shoot fireballs and tnt-rockets at will. >__>

Eh, I prefer the more elaborate methods involving killing a griefer when they try to Grief.

Build a house out of dirt or something. Have only one room. I believe you had to make the roof only 2 high. Put Soul Sand infront of the doorway from the inside side [I think it was that, been so long since I've had to use it]. The fun here is that they can walk in, but they can't walk out. The Soul Sand infront of the 2 high door actually prevents them from walking through it.
But that's not all folks.
Of course the clever greifer is going to figure this out and say "I know, I'll just dig this Sand, steal it, then move on!".
Bad move buddy.
Underneath the sand is a 2 block drop onto wooden pressure plates on top of TNT. He digs that sand, it falls, activates the pressue plates, and sets off a chain of TNT leading about 10 blocks out my front door in a cross formation. If he stays in the house, the TNT beneath my floor kills him. If he leaves, the TNT outside my house kills him. If he tries anything, he dies. Only safe way out is to break one of the walls, but make them out of Something semi-hard but common, like cobblestone, and they'll just leave them be.

There was this other time when I had admin privileges on some random server and I made the entire inside of a mountain I'd put this trap on TNT. Server had some plugin that only let 20 or so TNT detonate at once so that it wouldn't crash the server. Greifer tries to escape [This time I'd even booby trapped the walls :D] - entire mountain blows up.

One other trick you might like to try, dependent on how the 360 version of MC works [PC here, so I have no clue how similar it is, but you can go into their world, die, find where their spawn is, then build a tower right on the spawn block all the way up to the top of the world with Obsidian. Why?

They die.
They respawn - on top of this tower.
They jump down, they die.
They try to mine down with their fists, it takes them 6 minutes or so per block. For 128 blocks. That's about 12 hours of digging if I'm correct. They be mad. Very mad.

BaronUberstein:
And, from a demonstration I saw later, it seems the admins on that server can shoot fireballs and tnt-rockets at will. >__>

Hehe yeah. Bukkit Essentials /fireball and /antioch if I'm correct [Antioch for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - or TNT].

Want to know something fun?
With one of the latest updates, essentials give you /kittycannon. You shoot exploding ocelots wherever you want.
So many lolz were had with that one.

I don't know about revenge but a few times back when I played WoW people would attack something pull it close to me so it would attack me and try and get me to kill it for them. Well my main was a Night elf Warrior so I just hit the ability that Night elves have that drops combat. That's the best I got.

Joccaren:

BaronUberstein:

Hehe yeah. Bukkit Essentials /fireball and /antioch if I'm correct [Antioch for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - or TNT].

Want to know something fun?
With one of the latest updates, essentials give you /kittycannon. You shoot exploding ocelots wherever you want.
So many lolz were had with that one.

Well...note to self, don't piss off the admins or they'll turn my city into a crater. I knew I should have built it out of stone and not wood. >__>

On the Minecraft server I run we can roll back any damage people do. So it never bothers us much when we get a greifer. So we always have fun and toy with them for awhile.

Can't say I have unfortunately though I've never run into any griefers who were really bad worst I got was a guy playing Assault on Monday Night Combat and attempting to block my exit from the spawn point, (I was playing Tank so he was successful for a while) I never raised my voice or got angry I just patiently attempted to leave the spawn point and somehow found a way around him, then he seemed to give up.

In Dark Souls. I got invaded by this guy and I recognised his I.D. from a previous invasion of his. How I got the same guy twice I'll never know. Anyway, the first time he had invaded he killed me but this time I received the message I was outside a boss area so there were loads of summon signs around. I touched two of them and by the time he got to where I was in the level I had 2 people summoned to help me out. He came around a corner, took one look at the three of us and literally ran away. That day was the most fun I've ever had with the Dark Souls pvp.

Karutomaru:
snip

What game is that?

OT: I've told this story before, but sure.

I was on a Minecraft Server, and basically there was this huge city that was being ever expanded. The admins could, however exile you, which changed your spawn to way outside. Every day, city dwellers would be given flight mode and would come out with bows and buckets of lava. I got exiled after being framed for some griefing, and another exile met up with me. We built shacks quite a ways away from each other so if one of us got caught, the other one could run. Then one day when I was mining for obsidian (our plan was to escape into the nether) I came back up to my shack. I opened my chest. My iron ore, the diamond sword I was saving, my fishing rod and the bow I'd made to fight the city dwellers were all gone. My ally was off getting gunpowder from a cave for our assault on the city. I went into his shack, and of course all my stuff was in his chest. Now, what he'd done was make a small surface shack that actually extended deep underground, a huge wooden structure with lots of ladders and steps. Then it came up: "Killed by creepers"

Then: "I'm miles off, can't find my house. Make a beacon." I sent back "Sure." I made a huge wooden pillar on the roof of his wooden house, lit it on fire and let it spread. I only took my stuff back which means all his chests got destroyed, and his items despawned. "Dude, wtf?"

I survived a few days without him. When I respawned, eventually someone new came on, they wouldn't let him in the city, and we did that assault. It was awesome. We tunneled into the city from way off, and planted this horded TNT under all the structures. It was a good server, but it crashed.

Epicspoon:
why is your name red?

ThriKreen:

I dunno, maybe I'm speshul or something.

Nuk3sta:

Naturally I should not be able to see if you account to see if you have an active sub however your title notes the membership status you have access to. The red name is the benefit as per the club signup page.

It's because he's a developer. A bunch of people get accounts during March Mayhem to represent their company or something, and ThriKreen's one of them. Nuk's just plain wrong, there are plenty of examples of premium members you can find all over the place without red names.

OT: Only ever did this once, and it was on a MineCraft Classic server. Managed to dig a griefer right down to bedrock. He got up eventually, but it delayed him a lot. Not long enough for a Mod to come on, though :(

KINGBeerZ:
i had a friend on minecraft xbox and he blew up one of his friend's houses.

I'm not proud to admit that at first glance I took this as being IRL and thought it was a bit of an overreaction. Only took me about a second, but damn was that a concerning second.

OT: I don't do a whole lot of online gaming so I don't tend to get griefed. It isn't really the same thing, but I was playing COD with a few friends and one of them teabagged me. Now its worth noting I'm the only one of the 4 of us playing who doesn't own the game so I'm by far the worst. Anyway its hard for me to kill my tea bagging friend so I just hide kind of near him throwing smoke grenades and shooting my gun to draw my other friends to him for the rest of the game.

I used to play Garry's Mod. A lot. I used Wire and PewPew. There was a PewPew server. I frequented it quite a bit. People generally made incredible things like fighters,bombers,gunships,and even battleships! The point is,everyone made mobile death machines. Me? I sucked at making non-hoverballed vehicles,and I still do. So,how do I stay competitive in an environment of tanks,aircraft and battleships? Why,with the most awesome artillery batteries you'll ever see.

There was this one guy. He kept buzzing the "Safe Zone" with his gunship. The Safe Zone exists for players to prototype their machines,and to build functional weapons in safety before deploying. This guy,while on mic,even announced his raids with something like "Oh,look,a giant penis!" and proceed to blow it up with his missile spamming gunship. After this happened about thirty times,I made enough progress between raids to figure out my battery. So,I speed off to a random corner of the map,and quickly set up my cannons. And something else; All-purpose defense guns.

So,I start shelling the map,and I,understandably,level nearly everything. I even sink a few boats. People start to come after me,but only on the ground,so I just go low angle and blow them away. Then the guy with the gunship decides to announce his intent to kill me. His gunship is penis shaped and coloured,by the way. So,I hop into the chair that controls my APDG's,and gun him down long before he can get close enough to fire.

Over,and over,and over.

It was fun. I never stooped as low as he did,by blasting him in the Safe Zone,but I sure as hell shot him down at every opprotunity. I even decided to be an ass and Flyswatted him with my biggest artillery piece. With the shell on it's way down. I'm good with artillery.

Playing TDM on Halo 3 and these to 8 y/o's thought it would be so funny if they killed a "retard fag" which was me apparently and soon as the match started they team killed me but since these little f*ckbags were hosting I couldn't boot them so as soon as I respawned I made a point of killing them in spectacular fashion... After there getting their asses handed to them they booted me for team killing after bitching about me hacking and being a "noob dick fag"...

I got booted and insulted but I count it as a win for me...

Nuk3sta:
Witty name, I quite enjoy when people try to grief you, the cat and mouse shenanigans can be real fun!

ThriKreen:

Nuk3sta:
Even though I got a warning for answering his question, I will repeat myself. It is because you are a premium member.

Actually I'm not. I get the premium benefits, but it's not because of that. Do some more investigation. ;)

Naturally I should not be able to see if you account to see if you have an active sub however your title notes the membership status you have access to. The red name is the benefit as per the club signup page.

Because he's a game developer. He's worked on a few Bioware games and Volition's Saint Row 3. The Escapist has a nice pool of developers who hang 'round the forums, you'll spot them because their names are in red. Someone from Gearbox (Borderlands) is a regular too.

Bigger avatar pictures and custom names are the pub club members.

OT: I've never been griefed because I know how to protect myself. Just keep your server on maximum security and keep it backed up on a separate, disconnected storage device every 12 hours or so, with a history going back a week or so. That should give you 14 timed saves to revert to if some joker tries to have his way. Worst case scenario is you shut your sever down for a day and report them (if they keep coming back and getting through your creation barring). I'm still trying to find a way to IP-block griefers, as they can just change accounts.

- talking about a friends server, I only own Xbox edition.

Demon ID:
Back on Modern Warfare for the 360 someone joined a match and team killed me a bunch of times, he then sent me a message which simply said 'lol'.

I then spent the next week or so using that message to jump into any match he was playing online and team kill him, god that was fun and I hope it stopped him griefing.

That isn't griefing btw. Laughing at someone you're owning isn't griefing, being a dick to your own team is.

avouleance2nd:
Not revenge per say but I was in a LoL game recently with a friend and we weren't doing well but we were trying to make up for it despite being raged at by the other three members of the team they tried to surrender about three or four times but me and my friend kept going so the surrender vote never passed.

So obviously because we weren't surrendering the team were raging at us for not wanting to give up. Eventually it reaches the point where one of our team decided to help the enemies and says

"It's ok guys I'll feed then." (For those who don't play they basically they would keep getting killed so the enemy team got more gold and experience)

weird, same thing happened to a friend and myself recently, with almost the exact same conversation thing.

OT: back before Burning Crusade when i still played WoW, there was an extremely well known undead rogue on the server named greifer, who lived up to his name by camping people, mass murder in low level areas, and camping menethil harbor. well, every so often my guild would get fed up and we would camp him for a while.

it was always satisfying.

Actually, I once managed to get rather delicious revenge on a griefer in WoW.

I was a lowbie undead running through Hillsbrad Foothills, I think (the first contested area you come across as undead). I was running quests and such and a skull level character (I think it was a warrior, so long ago) came out of nowhere and one-shot me. Suffice to say I was a bit miffed, but I reckoned I could spawn far enough away that he'd have left.

Nope, I got my first taste of spawn-camping that day. I think I died a third time before I sent out a shout for help. Lucky for me, a rogue showed up. I think it was a female troll rogue. As I respawned and the Ally fighter was bearing down on me, she popped stealth and stun-locked the bugger, then invited me to whittle the guy down.

I think I was lvl 24, so it took a while, but the rogue kept the guy stuck in a stun-lock the whole time. He couldn't log or quit, and had to sit there while a lowbie killed him.

If rogues are bastards, they're my kind of bastard.

i once build an island with a huge castle on the ocean on minecraft.
everything was looking good and it was self sufficient.

until one 12 year old asshole came along and asked if he can build on top of my island where i had been growing my trees. i said no.

he started to attack me and i killed him several times since he put his spawn in my woods.
i contacted a mod and told him what he was doing. the mod of course didnt care.
minecraft crashed and i went to sleep since it was late.

when i logged back in he destroyed my island except the walls and he had build his own home with my blocks.
to top that off he put towny on my land so i could not even get my stuff hidden below the island. he didnt put towny on all of my island since he would have to pay an insane amount of taxes to the incompetent mods every day.

so i grew some trees around what he claimed and made sure that the trees were pretty damn big.
i then poured lava on them and watched the lava flow on everything.
'his' fields, 'his' tree farm, 'his' chests, 'his' house made of wood and so on.
also on my walls that may have ensnared him to be a complete fucking moron.

as soon as i was finished, he logged in. right where the lava was. he died. a lot.
he lost all of his diamonds and money since there was a penality on dying.
he managed to spawn himself to the main spawn but could not get back to his home since the only way to do so would be over the walls. and i was there with my bow to greet him.

the same fucking mod i asked for help asked me why i did this.
and i told him to go fuck himself that he knows why.

the now whinny 12 year old yelled that because of me his money was deep in the red.
i laughted. the mod removed the lava and in the process all the resources and machines this little dick was using.

he was left with a blank island but the mod, being a hypocrite build up the walls back on it. but only 3 blocks high and one block wide made of cobblestone instead of the 25 blocks high and 3 blocks wide obsidian walls i had build.

i still left the server content since there was also a penalty for not being able to pay the 'taxes' to the mods: permaban.

and in order to secure the island from my wrath he had claimed more land with towny thus having to pay a sum he would never be able to get in one day.

i havent been banned from the server since the trees and the lava was in the 'wilderness'.

12 year olds on minecraft servers.

---------------------------
best revenge i heard of:
http://blip.tv/the-spoony-experiment/counter-monkey-vampire-spoony-s-jyhad-5711786

Joccaren:
Eh, I prefer the more elaborate methods involving killing a griefer when they try to Grief.

Build a house out of dirt or something. Have only one room. I believe you had to make the roof only 2 high. Put Soul Sand infront of the doorway from the inside side [I think it was that, been so long since I've had to use it]. The fun here is that they can walk in, but they can't walk out. The Soul Sand infront of the 2 high door actually prevents them from walking through it.
But that's not all folks.
Of course the clever greifer is going to figure this out and say "I know, I'll just dig this Sand, steal it, then move on!".
Bad move buddy.
Underneath the sand is a 2 block drop onto wooden pressure plates on top of TNT. He digs that sand, it falls, activates the pressue plates, and sets off a chain of TNT leading about 10 blocks out my front door in a cross formation. If he stays in the house, the TNT beneath my floor kills him. If he leaves, the TNT outside my house kills him. If he tries anything, he dies. Only safe way out is to break one of the walls, but make them out of Something semi-hard but common, like cobblestone, and they'll just leave them be.

There was this other time when I had admin privileges on some random server and I made the entire inside of a mountain I'd put this trap on TNT. Server had some plugin that only let 20 or so TNT detonate at once so that it wouldn't crash the server. Greifer tries to escape [This time I'd even booby trapped the walls :D] - entire mountain blows up.

One other trick you might like to try, dependent on how the 360 version of MC works [PC here, so I have no clue how similar it is, but you can go into their world, die, find where their spawn is, then build a tower right on the spawn block all the way up to the top of the world with Obsidian. Why?

They die.
They respawn - on top of this tower.
They jump down, they die.
They try to mine down with their fists, it takes them 6 minutes or so per block. For 128 blocks. That's about 12 hours of digging if I'm correct. They be mad. Very mad.

This is glorious.

OT: I was on Sandbox mode on Red Dead Redemption and naturally a large posse was going around spawn-killing everyone, until they formed their own rival posses or just flat out quit. Now since it became a posse war I decided I could stay away from all this and work on some achievements. At around 4am GMT, the posses members had either all left or joined the original posse, so it was me against a dozen or so players; and of course they started hunting me down, spawn-killing me.

After an hour of this I was ready to rage quit and go to bed, however when I managed to escape the gang during a firefight I realised they weren't too skilled individually and only won through their numbers. I headed to Armadillo, knowing if I could close the battle off and have plenty of cover I could easily win the battle. What happened next was thirty minutes of slaughter (for me and them) until they eventually quit.

Felt like a boss that day.

ResonanceSD:

Demon ID:
Back on Modern Warfare for the 360 someone joined a match and team killed me a bunch of times, he then sent me a message which simply said 'lol'.

I then spent the next week or so using that message to jump into any match he was playing online and team kill him, god that was fun and I hope it stopped him griefing.

That isn't griefing btw. Laughing at someone you're owning isn't griefing, being a dick to your own team is.

Well I felt pretty griefed on when he had spent a good hour killing me and my friends even though it was same team, and then rubbed it in with a mocking "lol".

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked