What game have you beaten the most times?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Chrono Trigger. With the new game plus thing I brought two files all the way to 99

thats like 50 play throughs?

Most likely Pokemon Blue since I played that game a lot growing up.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. I've beaten it over 100 times.

I beat that game a ton of times too, I love that game.

It's too bad the re-release was a pile of shit.

Contra :)
Even years after I can still start with 1 life and end with about 12.

Either that or Resident Evil 2.
I got this game memorized to the point of knowing every line of dialogue (I can even say the lines in the same cheesy way as in the game :)
It took me a while but I was able to kill the last boss with a knife.

Mass Effect, I've passed the first one about eight times, and the second one about 6.

I actually have always had a problem that I only got over a few years ago, where I was scared of ever finishing a game and therefore having no additional content left, due to excessive reading.

EHKOS:
I've beaten Resident Evil 4 about ten times.

Ahhh this is my titles as well me and my best friends all have beaten that game around a 100 times between us we all just kept beating it for the sake of getting more money.

Paper Mario, maybe, oh, I dunno, 20, 25 times by now? At least that, probably. And I mean 100% for a good 18 of those. Earthbound about the same, though a little less, maybe around the 22 mark or so. Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Mother 3 all have their fair share, with Twilight Princess taking backseat behind them.

I've probably played through Shadow of the Colossus at least seven times by now...

Not gonna count Elite 4 grinding, because that'd be silly.

I've beaten Half Life 2 around 8 times, and TIE Fighter around God knows how many times. I lost count somewhere in the thirties, and that was 5 years ago.

Though I always say you don't "complete" an Elder Scrolls game, (the main quest is always the most boring part of a TES game, so saying you completed the game after doing one is preposterous) I can safely say Morrowind is the one I've restarted the most times in of any game ever.

I don't think I really ever bother to actually finish games more than once. I spent a lot of time just screwing around with Dark Cloud 2, for example, after beating it once. I think that I can say, however, that I've beaten Ocarina of Time a good 8 or 9 times and Majora's Mask 6 or 7.

Crash Bandicoot Warped

I loved that game and it's far more fun to delete your save and start over then it is to try to get all the gems and relics.

Probably, Mass Effect, completed it 15 times.

Lylat Wars. I've beaten that like a million times. Banjo Kazooie also got a high count there.

Probably Tachyon: The Fringe. More than a dozen completions to date, playing both GalSpan and Bora.

I've beaten the original Jak and Daxter more times than I can remember. It's to the point where I'll do speed runs regularly just for the hell of it. I've beaten Jak 2 & 3 four or five times each. I also beat original Fable and Pokemon Saphire a good number of times.

SMT:Lucifer's Call, I think.

Probably Chrono Trigger. Between the original SNES version, the PSX version, and the DS version, I don't even know how many times I've finished that game, I wasn't counting; but it has to be more than any other game I've played.

Silent Hill Homecoming for no other reasons then it was my first Silent Hill and as such I had to 100% it. Got to 99% and said fuck getting all health drinks and having them all up to the final boss.

probably Halo 2 about 20 times back when I was like 12

Toss up between Mass Effect 2, Or halo 3 :)

Shadow of the Colossus about 7 or 8 times.
I kept wanting to mess around at the end. :p

Hitman: Blood Money for me. Though Mass Effect 1+2 come a close second.

Probably Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion or Metro 2033. Metro 2033 was a really under looked title for me, which really had a very tight hold on me from the moment I set down to play it. Something about the tunnels that were just a little off, the contrast of the hostile, ugly looking Tunnels being so safe, and the safe looking but incredibly hostile, though beautiful, frozen city above, that just kept me playing. I actually felt a little sad whenever your companions die in it, and Artyom's monologue throughout helped flesh him out as a character, especially the way the ending monologues would subtly change depending on whether or not you had picked up on the signs throughout the game, and what you had done, giving a slightly different tone and character to Artyom.

Skyrim and New Vegas are probably going to join them at some point, I'm playing through them a lot right now.

Probably Baldur's Gate II... I don't know how many times I've played through it. Probably more than 10 times.

Hand's down Diablo II: LoD, can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen Baal go down. :p

Otherwise, complete single player playthroughs? I usually don't do them more than once or twice...apart from FFVII, I like that story and the atmosphere so I've played through that about 4 or 5 times now.

Beaten Star Fox 64 around 50 times, MGS4 30 times, MGS3 and 2 around 20 times each, FFVII 10 times, Mass Effect 2 8 times, Shadow of the Colossus around 10 times.

It's extremely rare that I'll ever replay a game once I've beaten it.

Though I re-visit Monkey Island 1 and 2 fairly often.

Having said that, I've beaten WoW a bunch of times.

Rachet and Clank 3 on the PS3. 21 times. I had nothing better to play

Likely Resident Evil 2. 4 different scenarios to get Hunk and Tofu two times... and a few other playthrus. Total probably about 15-20 times I'm guessing. I love that game.

Gotcha Force, it requires you to beat the game 12 times just to have a chance to collect every borg.

I attempted it around 3 times, so somewhere in the region of 30 to 40 playthroughs.

Contra. The original NES game. Played that game a bazillion times until I could get through it without dying.

Either San Andreas or Vice City. There's something about GTA games that just makes me crazy. I once beaten Vice City story in a single day and San Andreas in 2 days. Got to the desert missions on the first day, finished the rest the other day. I must have beaten each game at least 12 times.

Honorable mentions: Deus Ex 1, MGS 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Hitman games.

Aside from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which I have completed 100% countless number of times, I've competed Paper Mario for the N64 at least 5 times.

Don't really keep track, but replaying games isn't really my thing either. Guess Ratchet & Clank and God of War III are the games I have the most full playthroughs on. Like three or four times only.
Back in my PS/PS2 days I had a tendency to start up a game, play halfway through, then put it away for a few months before I started over again though. Final Fantasy VIII should have the record of restarts for me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked