"GoG: Battle of the Games". Vote which games get discounted better. Now Serious Sam TSE v Postal 2

http://www.gog.com/en/page/2012_summer_promo

Welcome to Battle of the Games:
vote today and get 60% off tomorrow!

For the next 17 days, 34 great games will battle one on one and you're the judge. After each round, the winner of the popular vote will be discounted 60% and the runner-up 40%, for the following 24 hours. Bookmark this page, check back every day, vote, and buy amazing games 60% off during our summer Battle of the Games!

http://www.gog.com/news/battle_of_the_games_round_1_myst_vs_the_7th_guest

We have officially welcomed Summer (at least for the Northern Hemisphere ;-)) during the CDP RED Group Summer Conference just two weeks ago. And even though the temperatures outside haven't quite reached their peak yet, GOG.com will be packing some serious heat for the next 17 days. We've already given away Worlds of Ultima 1 & 2 earlier today, but this Summer Promo is something much, much bigger.

For each day between June 19 and July 5, two games will battle one on one and you will decide which title wins. VOTE NOW! Each Round of the Battle begins at 1 PM GMT (9 AM EST) and ends after 24 hours. After each round, the winner of the popular vote will be discounted 60% and the runner-up 40%, for the following 24 hours. Bookmark the Battle of the Games page, check back every day, vote, and buy amazing games 60% off during our summer Battle of the Games!

It sounds like a rather innovative way to drive traffic to the site when they can't just put 1500 games on sale like steam does. I'm not big into adventure games but I'll be interested to see what other games show up.

I'll be looking out for games like Blood and Planescape Torment.

What games do you want to go on sale and what do you think of this way of doing a sale?

EDIT Indigo Prophecy and Alone in the Dark 1-3 are on sale with Serious Sam TSE and Postal 2 up for voting.

Interesting promo. It not also gives we the customers an option of what games we can get on sale but also allows gog.com to see how many potential customers there are for certain games through number of votes. Which could affect future promos or special offers in the future. All in all I very much approve... and hope that Thief or Dungeon Keeper make an appearance in this promo :D

To bad I don't like point and click adventure games. Well cheers for you guys that do!

Ha, that's CDP for ya, even the sales are non-linear.

I'm generally not a fan of their catalog, so I have a feeling I'm going to feel like the third-party supporter in this little venture. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Why can't I hold all these sales.jpg

I have most of what I actively wanton GOG already, but I'm still going to check every day. No wait, Theme Hospital and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Man I love old school Tycoon games.

hmm, I've wanted to try that Myst thing for awhile. Couldn't hurt to get it on sale...

That's a really great idea.

Good job GoG.

I'd vote for Myst btw.

I figured they would start some really awesome sales right after I spent $150 in games from them. One of them was Myst that went for 60% off and the Alone in the Dark set that is being voted on today.

That's a pretty cool promo. I'll have to keep tabs on it. I've yet to actually get anything from GoG but I'm always on the verge of doing so. I'll crack one day. Perhaps soon if the right games win.

This is a pretty awesome promotion.

Just...one...thing...

VOTE FOR ALONE IN THE DARK! MY POOR LIL' LAPTOP PROBABLY CAN'T HANDLE INIGO PROPHECY, YOU B******S!

Prometheus2112:
I figured they would start some really awesome sales right after I spent $150 in games from them. One of them was Myst that went for 60% off and the Alone in the Dark set that is being voted on today.

150 dollars in games from GoG? what, did you buy their whole library?!?! sweet jesus.

OT: really hoping freespace 2 ends up being one of the ones to go on sale, i've been waiting to pick it up ^_^

Doclector:

Just...one...thing...

VOTE FOR ALONE IN THE DARK! MY POOR LIL' LAPTOP PROBABLY CAN'T HANDLE INIGO PROPHECY, YOU B******S!

Hey, I voted for it before seeing that comment :) Well, I actually have the game already but I'm not interested in Indigo Prophecy.

Thanks for the tip.

gmaverick019:

Prometheus2112:

150 dollars in games from GoG? what, did you buy their whole library?!?! sweet jesus.

OT: really hoping freespace 2 ends up being one of the ones to go on sale, i've been waiting to pick it up ^_^

I wish I had their library. Just buying stuff that was collecting on my wishlist for a while. About 20 games in all. It will keep me entertained for a few months anyway.

Doclector:

Just...one...thing...

it might save you sanity this way.
all i can say is flying frenchman, arkward cutscenes and dancing

Doclector:

Just...one...thing...

Voted. :P

Though, I expect everyone to vote for Duke, SimCity 2000, Ultima and Syndicate.

AND ROLLERCOASTER TYCOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN.

Prometheus2112:

gmaverick019:

Prometheus2112:

I wish I had their library. Just buying stuff that was collecting on my wishlist for a while. About 20 games in all. It will keep me entertained for a few months anyway.

jeesh you msut have bought all the expensive games then at full price :/

still, that's not a horrible deal for 20 games to be honest, AAA games now a days you wouldn't even get 3 at that price!

It's just changed. It's now Serious Sam The Second Encounter vs Postal 2.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked