Your favorite game cover art

Subject sort of says it all. What is your personal favorite cover art for a video game?

For me it's Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army (yes, I know...long title lol)

How about you?

Don't want to sound to artsy fartsy here as a critic of why,but here you go.

I don't really have any particular favourite.

I've always been rather fond of this one though:

All of the Fallout: New Vegas DLC "cover art".

Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends, Japanese version.

Heavy Rain, Japanese version.

Crash Twinsanity (PAL)

Strain42:
Subject sort of says it all. What is your personal favorite cover art for a video game?

For me it's Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army (yes, I know...long title lol)

How about you?

I bet the actual gameplay is nowhere near as exciting as the cover. If its anything but large scale epic battles with an oppressive government of super soldiers then its a complete letdown. Please don't tell me its another turn based jrpg with angst and drama and high school romances or I might have to kill myself.........

For me though I've always liked Guild Wars box arts. Just highly detailed profile shots. Simple and interesting. Also the character designs are incredible. No gratuitous amounts of T&A.

I'm rather fond of Battle for Middle-Earth II's

It's a LotR RTS game, and the cover looks the part to be honest.

EDIT: Did I beat him? YES.

Honourable mentions from my game collection

Don Savik:

Strain42:

How about you?

I bet the actual gameplay is nowhere near as exciting as the cover. If its anything but large scale epic battles with an oppressive government of super soldiers then its a complete letdown. Please don't tell me its another turn based jrpg with angst and drama and high school romances or I might have to kill myself.........

Well it is a JRPG, but it's not turn based. You move around and attack on your own. There is no angst or high school drama in it. I mean there is a high school girl in it but...y'know, she spends a good chunk of the game being kidnapped. It's told more like a detective story with some demons thrown in. There are several moments where you fight the super soldiers, in fact it's one of the earliest fights (but it's a supposed to lose fight because...well they kick your ass)

The sequel did a much better job fixing up the gameplay though. First one did get a bit repetitive, and they had random battles just about everywhere...that part got annoying.

Also it's a silent protagonist, so you don't have to worry about him spouting any cliche anime dialogue.

I really like Twilight Princess's boxart, so that's what I'm gonna go with.

Ljs1121:
I really like Twilight Princess's boxart, so that's what I'm gonna go with.

I initially didn't like it as much, but nowadays I think I prefer the Gamecube version

thease days its often lacking....

I don't know what it is but somthing really resonates with me....I think its its like thease 5 figures facing down an opessive world....or the lone figure standing his ground...

Zhukov:

I don't belive it ever actually rains in ME2.....

Vault101:

Zhukov:

I don't belive it ever actually rains in ME2.....

Jack's loyalty mission.

Also the Arrival DLC, but I prefer to pretend that that doesn't exist.

Zhukov:
Jack's loyalty mission.

hmmm...

well Arrival is harmless....

Just look at that guy! Shit's about to get REAL.

Vault101:

Zhukov:
Jack's loyalty mission.

hmmm...

well Arrival is harmless....

Your avatar reminded me:

Dryk:

That is goddam amazing. I want that game just from that cover.

wintercoat:

Your avatar reminded me:

yeah, I actually kind of like the New Vegas box art...I mean at least he/she isnt lumbering towards the camer with an angry/determined look on his/her face

(the sdifference is body language is everything)

Always been fond of the original Baldur's Gate 2 box, very stylish looking. Like an old tome just begging to be opened with adventures to be had, perfect for a fantasy rpg like this.

My personal favorite is the ICO boxart seen below:

But this one is JUST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. It's ALWAYS what I think of when someone asks me this question:

Bonuses:

Luca72:

Just look at that guy! Shit's about to get REAL.

I've always found that box art rather underwhelming. Freeman looks kind of absent-minded to me, or like he was just doing something else when he suddenly noticed the camera in his face.

I'm a big fan of Skyrim's box art. It's elegant in its simplicity.

Also a fan of Dark Souls'.

Here's a good one

I've always liked that one. Simple, elegant, and relevant to the game. Much better than the one they went with.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked