Playing minecraft alone

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Is it weird that I love building things in minecraft, but I loathe playing the game on my own?
I don't even need to be working on a project with someone together, but if I'm building something and there's someone building something somewhere else I can manage and enjoy it.
But if I'm playing on my own I get fed up after 3 minutes and close the game.

How do you guys see this, do you share my sentiment or ever wonder about it?

Minecraft isn't fun in singleplayer for me either.

It's the experience of many people working together to fend of the dark forces that is the enjoyable part.

Or just to build stuff in creative.
Still with other people.

TheNamlessGuy:
Minecraft isn't fun in singleplayer for me either.

It's the experience of many people working together to fend of the dark forces that is the enjoyable part.

Or just to build stuff in creative.
Still with other people.

haha either one is fine

M-E-D The Poet:
haha either one is fine

In the interest of not letting your thread die at 3 posts (it's a horroble feeling, I know):

Do you enjoy it more when playing with random people from the dark corners o fthe internet, or with friends you actually know.

I find the first one more satisfying for some reason, can't think of a reason why.

I've had more fun playing the limited-in-scope Xbox version split-screen with my kids than I ever had playing on the computer. Exchanging items, everyone picking a job (you make food, I'll get cooblestone, you gather lumber, etc.), just building off of each other's ideas. Very, very cool.

I have always wanted to work with folk on a project but have a aversion to random internet folk because well, I have found the internet to have a very high asshole to decent person ratio.

I agree, minecraft isn't fun for me if I try to play it by myself. If I have at least one friend playing with me though it's boundless amounts of awesome.

the abyss gazes also:
I have always wanted to work with folk on a project but have a aversion to random internet folk because well, I have found the internet to have a very high asshole to decent person ratio.

That's part of the fun though, isn't it?
To realize which people are good and which are bad?

TheNamlessGuy:

M-E-D The Poet:
haha either one is fine

In the interest of not letting your thread die at 3 posts (it's a horroble feeling, I know):

Do you enjoy it more when playing with random people from the dark corners o fthe internet, or with friends you actually know.

I find the first one more satisfying for some reason, can't think of a reason why.

Well when ever me and my friends play together we end up blowing up everything that we built up then move onto the next world rinse and repeat. and yet I still prefer playing with them.

TheNamlessGuy:

the abyss gazes also:

That's part of the fun though, isn't it?
To realize which people are good and which are bad?

Finding good people is great, but in a game like Minecraft it would just suck to spend 60+ hours building something just to have turd ball with TNT blow it up.

But hey, maybe if there are non-turd ball people here we can get an escapist server going and build something awesome.

The_Lost_King:

Well when ever me and my friends play together we end up blowing up everything that we built up then move onto the next world rinse and repeat. and yet I still prefer playing with them.[/quote]

My definition of "good people" are people you can have fun with.
So yes, in that case your friends are "good people".

You are all assholes if you blow up others stuff though.
Otherwise you're fine!

EDIT:

the abyss gazes also:
-snippity-

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapecraft-Minecraft

(point)

I have never played the multiplayer. I find it very atmospheric on your own. Nobody to watch your back, makes it way more scary and survivalist to me. I'm just not one of those people who love building things. I haven't played after my old laptop died, making me lose my first )and only) house that I sunk days into.

They need a server list, badly.

TheNamlessGuy:

The_Lost_King:

Well when ever me and my friends play together we end up blowing up everything that we built up then move onto the next world rinse and repeat. and yet I still prefer playing with them.

Otherwise you're fine!

EDIT:

the abyss gazes also:
-snippity-

(point)

We don't just blow up each other's stuff. So last time we made a huge city and then everyone decides to start blowing up everything even the stuff we made ourselves. I pretty much made all of the houses and yet I was the most enthusiastic one at blowing them up.

The_Lost_King:
We don't just blow up each other's stuff. So last time we made a huge city and then everyone decides to start blowing up everything even the stuff we made ourselves. I pretty much made all of the houses and yet I was the most enthusiastic one at blowing them up.

Well...
In all honesty I would too.
Or just spawn 5 gajillion creepers.

the abyss gazes also:
Well that was easy...

Thank you

Anytime!

TheNamlessGuy:

M-E-D The Poet:
haha either one is fine

I actually appreciate it in both waves, you just don't really have control over what people from random corners of the internet do to something you've spent ages of building on.

On the other hand it gives a complete new variety of playstyles to include them

M-E-D The Poet:
I actually appreciate it in both waves, you just don't really have control over what people from random corners of the internet do to something you've spent ages of building on.

On the other hand it gives a complete new variety of playstyles to include them

My point exactly.
Even if it isn't fun to be griefed, it's part of the game.

To complain about a griefer makes about as much sense as to complain about snipers in multiplayer FPS's.

playing MineCraft by yourself is like masterbating with lego

i like playing it with other people much more than alone, problem is my friends no longer trust me after that time i burnt down everything (and i mean everything made out of wood).... that poort tree house, and then flooded their mines with lava

I feel your pain, mister.

I first played with a friend. It was kickass fun. We had this plan to make one huge freaking castle on the snow but we lost our server and grew a bit distant due to life's unpredictability.

Then I started to play alone and did quite a good job at building and exploring but there's only so far one can go. Withough a big project, it gets boring really quick. At the moment, I'm trying to build one huge library but once that one is done, I'm out of ideias of what to do next and that will inevitably lead to boredom yet again.

I completely know what you mean. I hate playing Minecraft by myself,I don't really know why...I guess I just don't like how lonely it feels.

Fortunately, about a week ago, a couple of friends and I decided to buy a server. Now there are about 7 or 8 of us on. We've decided to have a communal Spawn town, plus a couple of other communal large cities, and then our own areas, with other little things scattered around. This way, we have best of both worlds. We also put spawn eggs down to make villagers inhabit the world. Again, it just makes it feel a little more alive.

spartandude:

i like playing it with other people much more than alone, problem is my friends no longer trust me after that time i burnt down everything (and i mean everything made out of wood).... that poort tree house, and then flooded their mines with lava

I do this....to an extent.

It's fun to throw kitty cannons at people!

TheNamlessGuy:

The_Lost_King:

Otherwise you're fine!

EDIT:

the abyss gazes also:
-snippity-

(point)

Oh I am so checking this out!

When I'm on multi-player I tend to just do stuff by myself, die and then leave that server because I never set a spawn point. In single-player I do a lot better.

Soviet Heavy:
-snip-

Whoa, triple post! You're good, Heavy!

OT: Actually, I prefer to play alone. I just like the isolated feeling, I suppose.

The only way I play Minecraft is in Single Player. Half the time, I do survival mode. The other half of the time, I am in Creative Mode, building Villages for Villagers. I never play it online because I don't know how and I don't know anyone else who has Minecraft, and going to a random game certainly wouldn't be Ideal for me.

It's just a matter of personal preference.
I myself have never played multiplayer and prefer to mine in solidarity.

I've never played the game in multiplayer but have a natural disposition against it. I've clocked in tens of hours in single player but haven't played the game at all recently. I don't even think I've played since the game was 'completed'.

As someone who's not a big multiplayer PC gamer, I have to say that Single Player has a charm on me. It feels like you're it. Like you're the last human alive, and you've got nothing to do. So, you build. To survive. You kill. And all these monuments you build, all these statues and cities, they're all empty shells you built to comfort yourself in your loneliness.

Plus, no griefers, so that's a bonus.

if you like multiplayer minecraft, google Novscraft. i've played a lot of different servers, and Novscraft is consistently the best one. i'm not advertising or anything, or at least not trying to, but i just never really felt at home in a multiplayer server until i got on that one.

piinyouri:

hey you! is your avatar pic from hedwig and the angry inch? something about how the two sexes were formed or something? right?

I can't stand playing alone. I NEED TO SHOW OFF!

Never play with others. Busy building my glass metropolis to the sky,

martyrdrebel27:

piinyouri:

hey you! is your avatar pic from hedwig and the angry inch? something about how the two sexes were formed or something? right?

Yes it is from the movie version of Hedwig And The Angry Inch.
And yours is from an awesome gypsy punk band.
Now we know each other.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked