Do you regularly play video games with girls?
Yes
51.8% (424)
51.8% (424)
No
32.8% (268)
32.8% (268)
I'm a girl, does that count?
15.3% (125)
15.3% (125)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Do you play games with any girls?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I don't take special note of people's race or gender.

Nope. I rarely play multiplayer games, and despite the majority of my friends being girls, very few of them have ever picked up a controller.

If any of them were interested in playing a game with me, then I'd let them, sure. Just hasn't happened yet.

Yes, I have 7 sisters and a few of them are decent gamers.

Yes, and I don't mean by myself. I actually play a lot of games with my other female friends. I have at least five female friends to play video games with. :3

I don't really have any female friends that are interested in games, in real life. The irony of this? I play more MMOs than I do normal games, and in all my years of online gaming, my lists of friends have consistently had more females than males.

In my core tabletop group, we actually have more women than men. Total rarity, especially for that crowd.

My girlfriend likes to play Skyrim. I have a few female friends into Halo, CoD, and some other shooters.

given that most my gamer friends are girls, uh, yeah, most the time really

Does the fact that my girlfriend ALWAYS wants to do the riding parts in Red Dead Redemption count?

None that I know of like to play games. It's a shame really.

Yep, a few at least. Sister is a fan of RPGs and the others like a variety of games.

Girls that play games do exist. It's not like looking for the Loch Ness Monster "Oh, maybe it's there, maybe it's not, we do have photographs but they're not conclusive"

Rarely.

I played Gears of War with my roommate's cousin once.

She constantly begs me to join League of Legends. I always give a firm no.

No, mostly because my girl friends don't really like games. I have a friend who is kinda into games and every time I invite her over and ask her to play with me casually, she quickly gets bored and/or changes the subject. Another friend just hates anything that isn't Zelda or...has princesses on it. I tried luring them with my Wii, with my Xbox with Netflix and with my PS3 with...cool indie games? But no luck.

Yeah, I'm a girl too, by the way. :l

Considering I'm a 17 year old unsocial ponce that doesn't get out often, I'd say no.

Not due to lack of ability but due to lack of effort.

A lot of my steam friends are girls, and I play TF2 with 'em all regularly. And I at least DISCUSS and reminisce about games with my female friends on a regular base. One of my best friends, a girl, is a bigger final fantasy nerd than I'll ever be. I had a nerd party 2 years ago and watched who would eventually become a very brief girlfriend beat 2 Zelda dungeons in about 2 hours...

I've always known quite a few gamers of the fairer sex. I've always been surprised by the internets claims that they're so rare. I will admit to something I found kinda interesting though:

Out of all the gamer friends I have offline, about half of them are girls.

Out of all the steam friends I don't know offline, about 1/5th of them are girls.

Maybe girls just don't admit their gender for fear of harassment/flirting? I've had a few friends do that, and my best friend has had 2 girlfriends that LIED about their gender at first. It seems pretty common nowadays...

My house mate is a regular gamer & we've kicked multiple arses on Gears 3 and other multiplayer games. We bought Borderlands GOTY together and have been trampling through Pandora. Annoyingly she has a much better paying job than I do so she gets more games.

I've gotten my girlfriend into playing more games but at the moment they're more casual games like Plants vs Zombies & Bejeweled (well we've both gotten very adicted to that game). Though she does constantly buy games for her ipod. I am hoping that if I buy Lego Batman 2 she'll play it with me!

I have one friend on xbox that is a girl. But normally I don't know or I don't add them. It doesn't really come up unless they try telling everyone that they're a girl gamer.

I play games with girls I'm close to whenever possible. It's a great way to get comfortable around them if you have issues with being comfortable around them.

Phasmal:

everythingbeeps:

(It also doesn't help that you have so many phonies out there, girls who pretend to be geeks because of all the attention it gets them.)

Bleh, I hate this kind of thinking.
There are not that many people who actually do that, but some guys are so uptight about it that I've actually been quizzed on gaming several times by dudes `just to make sure`. It's like they must keep the nerd-lines pure!
If dudes can't tell people who are genuinely into gaming apart from the ones who are just pretending then it's their problem.

I think you can tell straight away with those girls.
You usually see pictures of them sort of "Oh! you just happened to snap this picture of me in my full make-up and little clothes playing my eggsbox! oh my!"

And I've come to find the more attention seeking they are about their incredible good looks, it's more likely they don't have a clue about games xD I do know of some incredibly attractive women who are genuine nerds but they don't try and point out their sexiness while holding a game controller and talking about how they love Spock in Star Wars XD

I've experienced same as you, but they usually can tell within about half an hour I can be considered the real deal >_>

EeveeElectro:
And I've come to find the more attention seeking they are about their incredible good looks, it's more likely they don't have a clue about games xD I do know of some incredibly attractive women who are genuine nerds but they don't try and point out their sexiness while holding a game controller and talking about how they love Spock in Star Wars XD

Not that I know much about Spock, but I am pretty sure he is a Star Trek character. :D

Hjalmar Fryklund:

EeveeElectro:

Not that I know much about Spock, but I am pretty sure he is a Star Trek character. :D

Not sure if being sarcastic... XD
I was making a joke of girls who pretend to be nerdy but end up falling flat on their arse.
Like when they say 'omfg, I love Mario, he's my favourite Zelda character!'
There was a FB picture of some girl posing with a Spock cosplay and saying 'me with spack from star wars!' I'll try dig it up...

EDIT:

EeveeElectro:
Not sure if being sarcastic... XD
I was making a joke of girls who pretend to be nerdy but end up falling flat on their arse.
Like when they say 'omfg, I love Mario, he's my favourite Zelda character!'
There was a FB picture of some girl posing with a Spock cosplay and saying 'me with spack from star wars!' I'll try dig it up...

EDIT:

Dang it, I misunderstood your point!

I misread the last line. 'Apologies and all for that.

Used to play with them all the time on WoW, my best friends were often girls, there were always a few that were a lot of fun to play and chat with. Nowadays I don't play a lot of multiplayer, but still keep in touch with one old friend from WoW that I'm planning to play GW2 with when it's out :)

Oh and two RL female friends we play MK10 with at a mate's place sometimes.

I am a girl...so yeah. Sadly I don't know any girls or guys IRL who also play games.

I play L4D2 versus with friends almost every night, 4 of them are girls. I have another friend who I play various games with co-op, she's a girl. And of course my girlfriend, who I also play games with.

So, yes, yes I play games with girls.

Do MMOs count? We have 6 girls in our guild so I usually end up playing with at least 1 every time I log in.

I play CS 1.6 with my gf. She's a real gamer. She also likes dungeon crawlers and I can't wait to play Torchlight 2 with her. I'm pretty sure we'll play Borderlands 2 together as well. When you find a gamer girl you do everything in your power to keep her around. They are the rarest and most adorable breed.

i don't play with boys because boys get belligerent and rude if they find out there's a female about. so i stick to single-player games or share a multiplayer character with my brother and keep my headset muted. such is life. but i do have a couple of female gamer friends who shuffle along with me in the madness that is...

Me and my gf play wow, I don't know if it counts because we only have one laptop and account between us but I still send her better gear etc so ye me and my gf play wow :)

Well, I am a girl so I play with myself

...wait.

Well I am a girl, so that counts somewhat. My friends aren't gamers, but when they come around occasionally they'll want to try out one of my games for the sake of it, and end up really loving it.

Other than that, my sister and some people I know online. Believe it or not, it's likely many of you who have played online will have played with a girl at some point, but probably didn't know because of a lack of microphone and sexually ambiguous ID.

I play many types of games with my girlfriend. If she had a better computer we would be playing even more!

I sometimes play with my roommates a bit.

Girlfriend plays games with me, recently we did Diablo (on normal mode only though) and all the casual iPad games.

Clearing the Eye:
I don't take special note of people's race or gender.

Wait, you'd need to take special notice to figure out if someone was male or female? It's not like it makes you sexist to say you regularly do or do not play games with a girl.

To answer the question, I sometimes play games with my girlfriend, particularly left 4 dead 2 around when it came out, Halo, and we played through the portal 2 coop together.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked