That one Area...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Oh yeah that last shutter gets me killed at least once too. It's the Pyro behind that blind corner that stunlocks and instakills you that does it.

Uhh The Fade is the common one, it's interesting in that it's all mindfuckery and I usually like that kind of stuff but my god so much backtracking, so many mazes, so much bullshit. Ruins any interest I should have had in the area.

Oh quick question, you know the final boss in the Magic 2012 campaign? The one with the deck you can't get ingame? I assume it's meant to hard as fuck and I think i've heard people go on about it being hard.

First time through he got land starved and I instakilled him no problem... I'll take that victory kthx XD

Oh the Route 666 section in Bayonetta on Hard. Not the first bit where you're jumping from car to car busting up those Rudedudes, the bit after that that where for some reason you can't get Witch Time, there are three of those Claw Bitches and cars come at you randomly...

I always hated the claw things, there has only ever been two of them at a time and WT was enabled. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu game.

I just beat it last night by laming them out. Jump, double jump spam the guns, jump, double jump spam the guns so many times...

webepoop:
I'm just going to leave this here, it cost me my sanity getting through these levels

-snip-
and this dude makes it look easy!

captcha: Patient Navigator
yes, yes I am

*twitch* I tried "The Kid" level maybe 15-20 times or so(the first one, mind), before I thought to myself that continuing would be an exercise in futility and frustration. Super Meat Boy is hard as is, but that level. I'll never complete it, I can pretty much say that for certain.

TheKasp:

Combine Rustler:
The Fade in Dragon Age Origins. Specifically, the part in the Mage's Circle. Downloaded mod to just skip it wholesale. Fuckin' hated it. Booooooring.

I really don't get it. For me it was the most interesting part of this whole game, the rest is so... standard for a fantasy setting. Have seen it all hundred times before, have dealth with braindead idiots hundred times before. The fade was at least a good reason why I had to help the mages and not the whole other BS that could've been easily solved with a slap in the face and the words "teh fuck? gimme your army or you're dead one year from now!".

You know, I somewhat agree with this. The Fade section mixed things up a bit, with the different forms and stuff, which wasn't really that bad. Also, during the Fade, your PC get a bunch of +1 to the different stats.

Furthermore, I didn't really dislike the Deep Roads either, but then again, I really enjoy the gameplay of the Dragon Age series, so getting different forms of challenges there is something I like.

My "that one area" is probably from Dark Souls, specifically Four Kings. Now, I've been lucky with summons and the like, but taking them on alone is a nightmare(on New Game+ and further on, at least). With that said though, I still love the game and is currently almost done with the third playthrough and will be getting platinum(hopefully), sometime during the fourth playthrough.

France. Especially in Europa Universalis III. It has terrible supply limits making invasions difficult... combined with its high manpower, it's practically the final boss.

Eclpsedragon:
The Meat Circus in Psychonauts, the whole thing and everything in it.

A while back, Double Fine released a patch for the steam version that, among other things, made Meat Circus easier. I'm not sure how much easier it is, or exactly what they changed, but anything to make that level easier is a good thing.

On topic, world 9-1 in New Super Mario Brothers Wii. I don't know if it's acutally any harder than the rest of the levels in world 9, but there's something about a level full of fireball spitting piranaha plants in the sky that is particularly intimidating.

The tomb of the giants from dark souls. Pitch black, cliffs everywhere and one hit can send you over.
Also Anor Lando in the same game, if only because it has one of the hardest bosses in the game. I forget their names, the dragonslayer and the executioner.

Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls

"Return to the Cathedral" in Thief Gold

Both are great, and both are tough. EDIT: For me, at least.

spoilers i guess
prince of persia warrior within, the normal ending, not the secret one
i just can't beat her, i don't know why but she wrecks my shit and the thing is i can beat the dahaka(or whatever the fuck it's called) in the secret ending no problem, but not her

The Star Destroyer bit in The Force Unleashed. First of all, getting it in the right position to begin pulling is incredibly fiddly, then it spams you with TIE fighters every motherfucking time you think you're getting somewhere.

Anyone who was in any way involved in the making of that section and did not say, "This is fucking stupid," needs to go die in a hole. Excuse me while I go and mutter angrily for several hours.

Shocksplicer:

TheMagicIndian:

joe-h2o:
The "hold the structure" part of the second level of Halo (that level itself is called "Halo" which is confusing) on Legendary difficulty where you get incoming Covenant dropships coming in from different positions, especially the last wave where you get two ships.

The terrain is simply not suited to fighting a squad of Legendary Covenant, especially a pair of Elites with at least one red one. You either hide away and try guerrilla tactics, in which case you're very short on ammo and have to get lucky hunting for drops without being mobbed or you try to play it as a tactical hold, which is almost impossible because there's no place to effectively hold out without leaving your back or flank exposed and your marines are total Elite food on Legendary. Hell, they're Grunt Food on Legendary.

The rest of the game I have no issue with on that difficulty, but just that little section is a pain in the arse.

I remember that section. God, it was a bitch to get past on Legendary.

OT: Mine was Ninja Gaiden 2 on the hardest difficulty setting. The very first level just shortly after you start has this pit that you have to wall run to get across while enemies throw shit at you on the other difficulties (iirc). Well, on the hardest, they put 3 rocket launching assholes there to just spam rockets that are perfectly timed to space out so there's always at least one rocket every second. Could have just been bad luck with the timing for me but I just could NOT get past that damned pit. Oh, and I should mention that the rockets have a knockback so you have to jump back up to the start of the pit if you get hit. And they hurt, too. Beat the previous Ninja Gaiden game's hardest just fine, though.

That section was fucking easy: Just leg it before the dropships even start to arrive.
Fuck the marines.
Fuck the warthog.
Fuck the Covenant.
Just run.
Managed to get the "Never set foot in car" achievement that way too!

Ah, I had the wrong level in mind. I was thinking of the gravity lift part of the next level called Truth and Reconciliation where you hold off waves of Covenant coming out of the grav lift. I had trouble with that part. That whole level was a bitch, iirc.

Madagascar, fuck that place.

The area where you have to use the flying machine in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

That section felt it went on for too long and it was crap. Also, trying to aim and shoot at a target all the while trying to make sure you're not gonna die and near a bonfire is frustrating. I've failed that area A LOT and every time I play that game again I always finish that section angry.

The very first time fighting the Elite Four and not yet realizing that if you spam Full Restore they're easy.

And Dragon Quest V's secret boss.

Well there's this one place down between my...OH! Games.

Yeh whichever of Garrus' shutter had the flamethrower Vorcha behind it. And that big ship section at the end of MGS4.

There's also a level in IL2 where you have to take off and intercept 6 flying tanks which are only a mile or so out. By the time you get enough speed and altitude up they're already bombing the crap out of the base. So difficult.

V da Mighty Taco:

TheFinish:
Blighttown in Dark Souls, due to the incredible framerate drop and annoying blowgun toxic plague guys.

Lair of the Blind Ones in Turok 2 because it was a giant clusterf of the same corridors over and over again.

Almost any hard level in every RTS ever, because I suck at them. I still manage to complete them though. Eventually

Glad to see someone remembers my favorite game. Anyways, the big issue with LotBO is that it's chocked full of small, very easily missed side paths that MUST be taken in order to beat the level. Add to that the Demonic Spiders that are those archers as well as those one-eyed goblin-things and you end up with undoubtedly the most notorious level in the game. Also, that jumping segment. You know the one. >:(

Oh god that segment. But you can say that for almost any FPS platforming ever (aside from maybe Portal; also keep in mind I haven't played Mirror's Edge.). And glad to see someone here remembers Turok 2, it's my favorite FPS of all time (but not game, that's a tie between Monkey Island 2 and Loom).

Speaking of that part, any Sierra Point n' Click adventure game ever, because they were adventure game logic at its finest. And that's not a good thing.

MammothBlade:
France. Especially in Europa Universalis III. It has terrible supply limits making invasions difficult... combined with its high manpower, it's practically the final boss.

hehheehehe yh, theres a reason i love being them

Pegghead:
Half Life 2 Episode 2, I STILL haven't beaten the sticky-bomb section. I mean, how? How do you do it?! Maybe it would be easier with a mouse and keyboard, but seriously, does anyone have any tips? Especially if it's for the xbox version.

xbox versions is a pain in the arse, but best way to do it is use the gravity un on logs untill the hunters shoot it then hit the hunters with it, it insta kills them, then killing the striders should be a lot easier. too me 5 goes on xbox, did it first time on pc, serious balancing issues there.

blightown was a pain, because of lag and toxin, plus i kept having to change my armour to a poison resist one so i generally got sucker punched, also those damn fly things that never stop spawning.

god hand, no particular level, just the entire thing.

spaltterhouse that damn time trial gauntlet, you could do it with literally 5 seconds to spare, one missed attack and you may aswell restart.

metro 2033, the nazi bit, all of it!

devil survivor, the Beelzebub fight.binding of isaac, anything after the first floor ha

these are the ones i think of from the top of my head

The Binding of Isaac - How are people actually able to beat this damn game? I always fail on one of the later levels (around 4th or 5th), haven't reached the womb once in my 6 hours of gameplay. Still love the setting and style though :/.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - two bits do it for me:

The first is this hidden summon you can find on a pirate ship. Finding the damn ship is hard enough, but this asshole summon is ungodly hard! He keeps summoning these balls that just fuck you over without mercy. You want to attack him? He summons balls that restore his health, up his defense (a shit lot), and balls that consume your djinn (your mini summons). So, you can't really attack him. Let's not forget though he has summons that'll curse you, and if you remain cursed for too long, you instantly die. Of course, his attacks are really powerful as well.
So, how about spamming healing and melee/magic? Nope. He'll kill your group healer, and since his summons have been consuming your djinn, you can't perform revive anymore, and revive items are rare, and at this point in the game you probably don't have any because you never needed them. So he and his five balls will kill you and everyone in your party, and you wouldn't have dented him.

The second is this item you have to find. What makes it such a bitch is that the game will not, and does not tell you where the damn thing is. To make matters better, you have to have this item in order to move onto the last part of the game. But since it doesn't tell you where it is, you can't find it, unless you systematically go through every single area and search every inch of the world.

Up until these parts, I really loved the game. But because of these parts, I still have yet to finish it.

BitTrip Runner - World 3 Level 10. JESUS. There is no margin of error. I think I've done that level like a 100 times now, still haven't beaten it.

Solo-Wing:

Half Life 2 Episode 2. The end. When you are killing all the striders with the sticky bombs.

OH GOD THIS. I can barely get through that part on easy. Whenever I shoot a Magnusson device at a Strider and a billion Hunters shoot it down instantly it makes me want to find where Gabe Newell lives, stand in front of him, and say "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?"

The time management in Dead Rising 1 & 2 manages to prevent me from completing the game almost every, single playthrough. I've finished the first Dead Rising multiple times, but I've yet to finish the second one as a result of that darn timer. Still, I have a lot of fun attempting to complete the game.

That one bit in Mirror's Edge where you have to wall run across a gap, turn off a fan, and then run back before it starts up again
I think I broke something then, I cant remember what it was but i broke something
there were quite a few bits like that in mirror's edge come to think of it

kyogen:
Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls

"Return to the Cathedral" in Thief Gold

Both are great, and both are tough. EDIT: For me, at least.

I see you your Oenawin and Smough and raise you the Four Kings...seriously I tried to fight those things today, burned through five humanities and haven't made any progress.

darksouls
the swamp in blightwon , it's not hard but the fucking framerate makes it impossible

The Archdemon in Dragon Age: Origins, couldn't beat it without turning the difficulty down a notch, which really sucks when you're having to make that concession right at the end. >.>

Eclpsedragon:

Also Evrae from Final Fantasy 10, I've gotten some tips on how to beat him, but I'm to traumatized to go back and try again.

Here's a tip for everything in FF10. Get all your Aeons to Overdrive lol

Eclpsedragon:

I'm currently playing through Psychonauts for the first time, and everyone seems to hate that level. I haven't reached it yet (I'm on the Milkman Conspiracy), but I'm getting really scared to play the rest...

NightHawk21:

Eclpsedragon:

Also Evrae from Final Fantasy 10, I've gotten some tips on how to beat him, but I'm to traumatized to go back and try again.

Here's a tip for everything in FF10. Get all your Aeons to Overdrive lol

I haven't played FF10 in forever, but I don't think Aeons were available during that battle, something about Yuna being kidnapped and forced into marriage and her not being in you're party at the time.

RatRace123:
That on-rails turret section in Jak II on Hero Mode.

The people who've played the game know what I'm talking about. That one section is responsible for more rage and frustration than any other game I've played.

Fuck that section. I can't even get past the first part of that area because of how hard it is.

Pegghead:
Half Life 2 Episode 2, I STILL haven't beaten the sticky-bomb section. I mean, how? How do you do it?! Maybe it would be easier with a mouse and keyboard, but seriously, does anyone have any tips? Especially if it's for the xbox version.

Trial and error and a good bit of luck.

I'm suck on the second level of the giant hall just before you meet the queen in Gears 2 on Insane. The main reasons for this are that Cole seems to like hanging out away from the fight instead of helping, Baird is a suicidal retard who keeps charging into the middle of the enemy, and the friend who I was co-oping it with... well let's just say he's not particularly attentive at times. Of course it doesn't help him much that at least half the times he's died there was because he was trying to save Baird.

Eclpsedragon:

Ninjas. Ninjas all the time.

Breaker deGodot:

Eclpsedragon:

I'm currently playing through Psychonauts for the first time, and everyone seems to hate that level. I haven't reached it yet (I'm on the Milkman Conspiracy), but I'm getting really scared to play the rest...

Heh don't worry, if you're playing the PC version, there's a patch to make it easier. If you're not... well it's the last level and you can always watch the ending on Youtube...

Fasckira:
Lollipop Chainsaw; Ive completed the game and currently achievement hunting but theres one achievement which involves getting all the medals on a roof on one level. Anyway, for one section, you have to dash across a part of roof in a certain time and get all the medals... the buggerance is that I can do it but the timer runs out just as Im about to land on the next part of roof (even though Im clear of that section by a good couple of feet) so the game pulls me back to the middle of the roof to get killed.
Very frustrating.

Nice to see I'm not alone in getting my ass handed to me there.

There was also the Stealth Sneak fight in Kingdom Hearts 1... that fight kicked my ass so many times I finally figured out that Tarzan had a heal ability that he was hesitant to use, so I tweaked the AI to use it much more frequently.

CrazyJew:

Eclpsedragon:

Ninjas. Ninjas all the time.

Naruto's got nothing on us.

Edit: Of course that's not saying much...

Pretty much anything that spams disarm and fusrodah in skyrim.

Just fought some stupid boss that does that while having multiple copies of itself on platforms (can't remember the name but I'm sure yall know who I'm talkin about) after about the 10th time I picked my bow off the floor I said, "Yep, fuck this." and reloaded my save.

I remain confident that I would've ultimately come out on top but constantly taking 1 shot, pick bow up off floor, go to inventory, select bow because it got removed from favorites, rinse repeat. just got real old real fast.

So there was a section in Yahtzee's Poacher (crystal caves) which still has me stuck.

Then there's Oblivion, reaching some high 20's level and going into a cave filled with crazy vampires, mages, and monsters. I know I died maybe 10 times it was either kill or be one-shotted or run away and kill them slowly one-by-one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked