Potential New Godzilla Game - Kaiju Combat Kickstarter

Kaiju Combat is the potential new giant monster fighting game (could be Godzilla 4) Kickstarter project, by the team who brought us Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GCN, Xbox), Godzilla: Save the Earth (PS2, Xbox), and Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii, PS2)!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat?ref=live

This is looks like it could be really cool.

Lenbo:
Kaiju Combat is the potential new giant monster fighting game (could be Godzilla 4) Kickstarter project, by the team who brought us Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GCN, Xbox), Godzilla: Save the Earth (PS2, Xbox), and Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii, PS2)!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat?ref=live

This is looks like it could be really cool.

I do like the idea of giant monster fighting.

It has always seemed to me that it should be like a professional wrestling game, but with slightly less posing.

Bertylicious:
This is looks like it could be really cool. I do like the idea of giant monster fighting.

It has always seemed to me that it should be like a professional wrestling game, but with slightly less posing.

Yeah, the previous titles were actually quite fun.

Godzilla: Save the Earth in particular was unusually deep and nuanced.

This hit me in the nostalgia so hard. I bought my GC just because I saw a Godzilla game for it. When I get my pay-check I'm getting the $20 backer.

Man 2013 is going to be one helluva year when all these Kickstart games start getting released.

Finally a good kickstarter!

A Satanic Panda:
This hit me in the nostalgia so hard. I bought my GC just because I saw a Godzilla game for it. When I get my pay-check I'm getting the $20 backer.

Man 2013 is going to be one helluva year when all these Kickstart games start getting released.

I know how you feel, I bought G:DAMM without owning a GCN. Then I bought G:StE without even owning a Xbox. Heck, I even bought Godzilla: Unleashed for PS2 and I never owned one.

I did eventually get a GCN and a Xbox 360 though.

I'll chip in some money. I loved the first and second Godzilla games and would love to see some original monsters duke it out.

Never played the games these people made but this looks freaking awesome.

Hmm, I've been working on my own giant monster game, but my direction is much different than what they're doing.

Pb Zeppelin:
I'll chip in some money. I loved the first and second Godzilla games and would love to see some original monsters duke it out.

Kaiju Combat will now launch with a free version "Kaiju Combat Lite" featuring 4 monsters from the Facebook app Kaijuland.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat/posts/265766

Also, if you donate at the $100 level now, you get a Logitech gamepad. And any reward with a shirt or gamepad gets a Kaijuland comic book and trading cards.

This is a really clever tie-in. And the fact that there will be a free version of the game to let people try out is very smart.

Back this project and tell others about it!

Im interested in one as i play destroy on gamecube but id like a 3ds version or at least a 3ds sidescroller godzilla game
Also heard about an american reboot/remake of godzilla which is good because more godzilla is good as the last(final wars) was a while ago

CODE-D:
Im interested in one as i play destroy on gamecube but id like a 3ds version or at least a 3ds sidescroller godzilla game
Also heard about an american reboot/remake of godzilla which is good because more godzilla is good as the last(final wars) was a while ago

Yeah, Legendary Pictures is planning to make a new Godzilla movie in 2014, it'll be directed by Gareth Edwards who last made Monsters.

Also coming next summer is Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, which will also feature kaiju. Kaiju Combat could tie-in with both films once they're released.

Back this game, you lose nothing if it doesn't reach its goal, so might as well give 'em $5 or $5,000!

Hey everyone, it's me again to let you all know Kaiju Combat is back!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat-giant-monsters-awesome-fighting-onlin

With a much lower funding goal, new original monsters, and some completed animation footage, this looks very promising.

Will definitely be in. Godzilla and Co. definitely need more love in the video game medium, but I'm going to hold off until they can secure the rights from Toho to do the canon cast.

GunsmithKitten:
Will definitely be in. Godzilla and Co. definitely need more love in the video game medium, but I'm going to hold off until they can secure the rights from Toho to do the canon cast.

Well, if you support them now, it's likely they will be able to secure the rights from Toho in the future! Hehe.

GunsmithKitten:

Unfortunately, because of the 2014 film, we were outbid for the Toho license. We'll get it in a year or so, when the film is done.

Of course, if we don't reach our funding goal we won't ever get around to doing the Godzilla monsters.

If you're experiencing some trepidation, may I suggest popping in to read the forums & design doc? http://kaijucombat.com/community/

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked