What PS3 Game Should I Buy Next?

In a couple weeks I'll have finished my last overdue essay and be on holiday for awhile. To celebrate I'm going to go to the game store and get myself a PS3 game (I'm sick of my PC and have no 360). Question is what game should I get? I haven't been keeping up with game reviews for awhile and I don't trust IGN anymore so what do you guys think?

Which game do you think I should buy when I go on holiday and why?

well If your talking about exclusives I'd recomend Infamous series....Uncharted are...ok...I guess

Hop on PSN and get Journey.

Do it, it'll be 2 hours of the best gaming in your life.

Do it or I will murder you with Siamese badgers.

Daystar Clarion:

Seconded...

Journey or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. The latter if you wish to get a little more time out of a game.

If you've never played Shadow of the Colossus, get that off PSN. If you have and are only getting one game, make it inFamous 2. I thought both were great, but the second was the stronger entry. You can tell I really like inFamous because I insist on capitalizing it like that.

Dead Space 2. Best game of the generation.

Demons's soouls/Dark souls. Easily the best games on thhe PS3 . The will give you hours and hours of fun and frustration .

Ratchet and Clank HD collection if its out, or Heavy Rain if you want a depressing but interesting thriller.

The Sly Cooper collection, Disgaea 4, or Valkyria Chronicles. Or Persona 3 FES off the PSN.

I know people are recommending Journey, but I would wait to buy that one (Daystar, don't kill me. I can explain)

The Journey collector's edition is coming out soon for only $30 and that comes with Journey, Flower and Fl0w, plus an exclusive documentary, developer commentary, soundtracks and a whole lot more. So if you don't own any of those 3 titles, just wait for the collector's edition here.

Um...as far as titles that are out go, I would recommend any of the following

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
3D Dot Game Heroes
LittleBigPlanet (2?)
Any of the God of War series (of which there are currently 3 discs, equaling 5 games)

And as for ones that are coming out...

Journey: Collector's Edition
Persona 4 Arena
Tokyo Jungle
LittleBigPlanet Karting (something along those lines)
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

I dunno what to recommend. Your post is kinda vague. I have no idea what you're into, or what you already own or...anything, really.

The Uncharted series. I've told my Uncharted story and how it's so good before so I'll just quote it form another thread. Not alot of words but I'm feeling lazy today.

Total LOLige:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

I got it when I bought my PS3 I didn't play it for like 3 weeks because I thought "that game will be fucking shit" then one day I don't remember why I played it. I fucking loved it then I hardcored it until I'd finished it. Fucking awesome.

Depends what genres you're into I guess. Some of my favourites include:

Uncharted series
Yakuza 3
L.A. Noire
Heavy Rain
NBA 2K12

you should get yakuza 3, its confusing as all fuck but its still awesome.

alternatively you can just get journey, haven't played it myself but people seem to like it.

As far as ps3 exclusives go I think that infamous 1 and 2 are top of the class. Very enjoyable games.

Not sure what you've already played but I think little big planet is fun but it's better with a friend. MGS4 is good but if you haven't played the others the story will be very confusing and if you have played the others the story will be very confusing. If your not just looking at exclusives then portal 1 & 2, skyrim, batman arkham asylum and city are all good.

Daystar Clarion:

But wait! Journey Collectors Edition!

I'm also going to vouch for (in no particular order):

LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2
Infamous 1 & 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
Team Ico HD Collection
Sly Cooper HD Collection
Red Dead Redemption
Batman: Arkham Asylum and City

And on PSN:

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Burnout Crash!
Infamous: Festival of Blood
Costume Quest

journey, MGS(only if you have a lot of time), imfamous and if you like shooters and want something different try vanquish

L.A. Noire: Complete Edition
Heavy Rain
Shadow of the Colossus HD

Get Persona 3: FES off of PSN. It's an overly-spectacular JRPG for the crazy price of $10.

What else do I have on the list...

Disgaea 3 or 4 - Hardcore, grid-based JRPGs with a great sense of humor.
Little Big Planet 1/2 - Super cute platformerw with an emphasis on creation
InFamous - Take Assassin's Creed free-running system and make the main character shoot fucking lighting from his hands.
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Third person platformer and shooter with a weapon upgrade system
Uncharted - Third person cover shooters that play like Micheal Bay movies with Indiana Jones-like plots
Resistance or Killzone- The PS3's Halo. FPSs with guns and macho men.

That should get you started on the exclusives. There are still a ton more but I'll just leave you with some of my favorites.

Oh, and Journey. Journey's great, too. So is Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World: The Game.

krazykidd:
Demons's soouls/Dark souls. Easily the best games on thhe PS3 . The will give you hours and hours of fun and frustration .

Listen to this guy/gal. I heard Valkyria Chronicles was pretty good too, but I just can't into anime artstyles myself.

How about you give us a list of the games you already have so people don't throw a bunch of "I have those already" suggestions?

What do you like? How can I make a suggestion if I don't know what you like?

Dragon Dogma or Journey, two really good recent PS3 games.

Heavy Rain
Tombi (on PSN)

or - and this has to be done altogether

Metal Gear Solid (PSN), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid 4 - and that'd still probably cost you just as much a new game.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked