TES Main quest line times

I'm considering going back and playing all 5 TES games, but was wondering how much of my time that would take. Yes I know you can pour countless hours into each of them, but if you mainly stuck to the primary quest lines about how many hours is each game?

(I may one day go and do a ton of side quests, but for now I have other games to play before I attempt that.)

Morrowind you could probably knock out in a few hours, if that. Oblivion probably slightly less time. Seriously, TES games are not there for their main storyline(haven't played Skyrim yet mind you). I'm replaying Oblivion now after playing Morrowind and I'm finding the modded storylines not only way more interesting but also a lot bigger.

Daggerfall could take a while because the dungeons there are...well. Atrociously confusing. And because what looks like the main quest at start ends like halfway through but the little personal side-thing turns out to be the real thing.

Ugh, I don't know, 10-20 hours each for TES 3-5? That's without exploiting the games too much. But maybe a bit more if you're going to to do it on a time budget, so, I dunno, up to 30-40 including some levelling and the major expansions. A bit more for Morrowind, I guess, unless you skip Bloodmoon.

Not sure about he other two game, though

LetalisK:
Morrowind you could probably knock out in a few hours, if that. Oblivion probably slightly less time. Seriously, TES games are not there for their main storyline(haven't played Skyrim yet mind you). I'm replaying Oblivion now after playing Morrowind and I'm finding the modded storylines not only way more interesting but also a lot bigger.

I found Morrowind to be considerably longer than Oblivion's main quest.

Matthew94:

LetalisK:

Morrowind also has considerably more travelling across copypasta environments. Its gets no points for filler. None! >.<

LetalisK:

Matthew94:

LetalisK:

Morrowind also has considerably more travelling across copypasta environments. Its gets no points for filler. None! >.<

Seeing as you could fast travel using carts, boats, those 12 magic stones etc There wasn't that much walking around if you were smart.

Oblivion had smaller quests and there were less of them.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Main_Quest
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Main_Quest

Oblivion had 17 quests (2 of which are not actually quests [receiving your armour and the tutorial]).

Morrowind has 20 quests (which are much longer).

Matthew94:

LetalisK:

Matthew94:

Seeing as you could fast travel using carts, boats, those 12 magic stones etc There wasn't that much walking around if you were smart.

Oblivion had smaller quests and there were less of them.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Main_Quest
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Main_Quest

Oblivion had 17 quests (2 of which are not actually quests [receiving your armour and the tutorial]).

Morrowind has 20 quests (which are much longer).

I'm not going to get into a "who has the smaller dick" competition between Morrowind and Oblivion with you, particularly since I already agree Oblivion has the smaller one. Suffice to say I find both of them lacking and unsatisfying to my loins.

Matthew94:

That's very true.

LetalisK:

Matthew94:

LetalisK:

Boots of Blinding Speed, magic guilds, silt striders, boats, fly, Almsivi/Divine Intervention, Mark & Recall. On top of that, I don't know how you can call Morrowyind a copypasta environment, when you compare it to Oblivion. The reason Oblivion was way shorter for me was because I didn't want to travel at all. I used fast travel way too much just because if you take a stroll out of town, you've seen most of the game world.

Just blasting through the main quest is not enjoying the game at all. I always do sidequests in between the main quests.

DoPo:

Matthew94:

That's very true.

LetalisK:

Matthew94:

Boots of Blinding Speed, magic guilds, silt striders, boats, fly, Almsivi/Divine Intervention, Mark & Recall. On top of that, I don't know how you can call Morrowyind a copypasta environment, when you compare it to Oblivion. The reason Oblivion was way shorter for me was because I didn't want to travel at all. I used fast travel way too much just because if you take a stroll out of town, you've seen most of the game world.

I never said Oblivion wasn't also a copypasta environment. Oblivion just makes it simpler to avoid it.

Edit: And NO I am not saying that as a point in Oblivion's favor for anything. I'd rather both games give me better environments. I'm greedy like that.

In the event you want to play a TES game, my advice would be to avoid the main quest and Oblivion like the plague :D

(Although Morrowind's main quest is actually pretty good. It's just not the game's strongest point.)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked