Buyer's Remorse

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So, especially with the steam sale ending today, we all have bought games we wish we didn't. What is your biggest case of buyer's remorse recently?

For me, recently I bought X3, and it is just so obtuse that I couldn't get into it. I never got past the tutorial

TBH with the pricing of most of the games I buy I dont really have that large an amount of Buyers remorse.

Sure I buy games I dont like, but in the end I feel like "well at least I learned that about myself". And example is the King Arthur series. Wasn't really me. And now I know even thou Shogun looks interesting I am pretty sure I wont love it.

Gothic 3. The thing doesn't even work. I tried to attack the orcs in the beginning and it didn't let me the orc hit me I fell on my bum and couldn't get up. Piece of shit., glad I only paid 2.50, sadly that 2.50 could have gone to a more deserving game.

None! Haha!

Well, Arkham City a little due to the DRM, but it's a good game so I don't really care.

Draech:
TBH with the pricing of most of the games I buy I dont really have that large an amount of Buyers remorse.

Sure I buy games I dont like, but in the end I feel like "well at least I learned that about myself". And example is the King Arthur series. Wasn't really me. And now I know even thou Shogun looks interesting I am pretty sure I wont love it.

Doesn't have to tick you off that much, just a game you bought and ended up not likeing, or wishing you hadn't.

TheNamlessGuy:
None! Haha!

Well, Arkham City a little due to the DRM, but it's a good game so I don't really care.

Haha, I feel the same way about Games for Windows Live and Origin!

I bought Dragon Age: Origins full price...I felt like an idiot, mainly because I was told it was like Oblivion...It doesn't hold a damn candle to Oblivion.

Last Remnant, full price, only because it was in shops for 20 euro a week later.

Mirrors Edge, 20 euro, what an annoying fucking game

Catherine, full price, the game-play was fucking wretched, but the narrative and characters were fucking brilliant. I did one playthrough and will not do another.

I have more, but I would rather not.

I regret buying some of the bundles because I won't play all of the games. With a couple I only wanted one of them but my brain was like "but for that price you may as well get them all!" and now I have several games I'll probably never play.

I'm stupid, I know :p

Diablo 3. From how they were doing skills to what I remembered from the previous game, I expected reasonably deep gameplay with lots of ways to play your character. Turns out that the complete opposite was true.

Khazoth:

Draech:

Doesn't have to tick you off that much, just a game you bought and ended up not likeing, or wishing you hadn't.

Still no real regret or wishing I hadn't. Like I said. It teaches me something about myself.

I tend to be good with my purchases, and only get any case of buyers remorse once in a VERY long wile.

That being said....3rd Birthday would be my most recent (so about a year ago).

I was apprehensive about this game but still got it in hopes it would be decent. Gameplay wise, it was...but the story....oh god. Way to fucking bring back Parasite Eve from the dead, only to shoot it in the fucking face Square Enix. Totally raped Parasite Eve and Aya Brea, with a story that was so stupid, convoluted, and shored little to no worthwhile continuity with PE.

Hell you think ME3s ending was bad? Fuck you, 3rd Birthday trumps it in spades!

I recently bought ARMA 2 during the sale. I usually like hyper realistic games, but the controls and user interface are so god damn horrible that it kind of ruins the experience for me. Plus, the game keeps crashing and suffering from loading screen freezes along with numerous annoying bugs from clipping to my A.I teammates refusing to do anything. No thanks. SWAT 4 is a much better game with less bugs, better controls, a better user interface, better A.I and all the realism.

The Witcher 2.

Yeh the story is far above and beyond the piles of drivel we are usually forced to sit through, and the combat was fun especially at the beginning when the game was hard, but the more than half the game was a glorified fetch quest, and not worth full retail price.

I actually didn't buy anything from the Steam Summer Sale soooo...I'm not really sure why I'm here

-leaves-

Only thing thats really "buyers remorse" for me is HOW many different games I bought, when I know im not going to play all of them as much as I want for some time. Also, and it only happened once, but I bought one of my steam summer games (I think it was crusader kings 2 actually) when it was like, 40% off, and 2-3 days later it went down to like 50% off...damn impatience bit my wallet hard! Otherwise not too mad at myself actually.

TizzytheTormentor:
I bought Dragon Age: Origins full price...I felt like an idiot, mainly because I was told it was like Oblivion...It doesn't hold a damn candle to Oblivion.

Last Remnant, full price, only because it was in shops for 20 euro a week later.

Mirrors Edge, 20 euro, what an annoying fucking game

Catherine, full price, the game-play was fucking wretched, but the narrative and characters were fucking brilliant. I did one playthrough and will not do another.

I have more, but I would rather not.

Who told you Dragon Age was like oblivion? Because they are totally different games for totally different people, that person is an idiot (Sorry if their your friend)

Alpha Protocol. It was broken and when I finally did manage to play the damn thing it was boring.

Also Freedom Force, because it won't run and Steam has horrible customer support.

Nope, no buyers remorse from me this time around. Surprisingly I'd exercised much more self-restraint than usual.

Black Arrow Officer:
I recently bought ARMA 2 during the sale. I usually like hyper realistic games, but the controls and user interface are so god damn horrible that it kind of ruins the experience for me. Plus, the game keeps crashing and suffering from loading screen freezes along with numerous annoying bugs from clipping to my A.I teammates refusing to do anything. No thanks. SWAT 4 is a much better game with less bugs, better controls, a better user interface, better A.I and all the realism.

Tip: You don't buy ARMA II to play ARMA II.

Sniper Elite V2. The demo made it seem so incredibly awesome with all that sniping and x-ray of me poping kidneys, livers, hearts, balls and brains and bones. THen I played the actual game, finished the section of demo, got to the net level, have only have x-ray snipes so far. It also wasn't that great, and I was annoyed at how often I ended up using a normal assault rifle and gunning down fuckers that were way too close for sniping. IN the end, the game didn't offer anywhere near as much sniping as I hoped, and regret paying a hundred bucks for that bastard.

A3sir:

Black Arrow Officer:

Exactly, you buy ARMA II to play the even worse, even buggier troll-fest that is Day Z.

Borderlands a little bit. Haven't played much of it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to want to play any more. It feels like I spent more time running hither and thither than actually shooting things.

Strain42:
I actually didn't buy anything from the Steam Summer Sale soooo...I'm not really sure why I'm here

-leaves-

Neither did I, so I'm going to give another game whose purchase I regret.

OT:Final Fantasy XIII.
I was not excited for it before release. It just didn't look very appealing.
When the reviews came out, they were all quite positive, which surprised me since the game looked pretty boring to play, but if the reviews are this good, I thought maybe it's something you have to play to get the best impression of. So whatever, I got it.
Oh sweet pig-wiggling dremora markynaz of Sheogorath's stable boy.
The five hours I could persevere were bogged down with boring cutscenes of characters I couldn't care less about doing shit that makes no sense, and 'combat' which only required two fingers to get through.
And the characters, oh the characters.
Never before have I felt antipathy of this magnitude for the entire cast of main characters.
The one thing that I didn't dislike was Sazh's chocobo pet, because it's cute.
Was it worth the 53 EUR it cost? No.
Would it be worth it at a discounted price? No.
Had I known what kind of travesty FFXIII before I bought it, never in a million years would I have bought it, definitely not at full fucking price.

Buretsu:

A3sir:

Black Arrow Officer:

Exactly, you buy ARMA II to play the even worse, even buggier troll-fest that is Day Z.

Oh god Day Z. I tried that out yesterday to be shot in the head repeatedly by roving death squads of survivors driving around in cars. On top of that, Day Z has more bugs than a... game with a shit ton of bugs.

I was stupid enough to buy both Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3. Blithering idiot that I am. Other than that I can't really say I regret buying anything for quite some time now. Oh! Anno 2070 or whatever it was called. I didn't notice it was Ubisoft until it was too late.

When it comes to the Steam sale, I haven't regretted any purchases so far. I guess it's because I have decent amounts of disposable income and the games were dirt fucking cheap, good or bad.

No buyers remorse from a steam sale. Though I do regret buying conflict: Desert storm as that game was tedious and had cheating AI. Another game I regret was Medal of Honor: Hero's 2. It was incredibly easy on hard mode even when doing a pistol only run. Multi-player was dull with crappy maps. Those have been the only two games I regret buying.

I'm too stingy to get buyer's remorse. I won't buy something unless I'm almost certain to enjoy it. That said, I get frustrated when I buy a game only for a collectors/complete/enhanced edition to be announced with additional content.

Buretsu:

A3sir:

Black Arrow Officer:

Games in alpha are usually buggy.

Dragon Age 2

The mouse pad I got for pre-ordering it helps somewhat.

Diablo 3, motherfucking Diablo 3. Yes I know it isn't from Steam, but I still fucking regret it. Quite happy with all my steam buys though, downloading Jade Empire: Special Edition as I type this. :D

A3sir:

Black Arrow Officer:

Tip: Some people like realistic shooters, considering his comment, I'd say he does.

I bought the new Spiderman game on 360. It wasn't bad, it was pretty awesome. It's just that there was nothing to do after you beat it unlike Arkham City which is just freaking awesome and has a high replay value.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

I figured, at $2.49, why not try it.

I want my $2.49 back.

I bought warhammmer 40k dawn of war 2 my computer can bearly run it not a bad game but i really regret buying it. I don't regreat any of the other games I got from the steam sale.

Hawx 2 and splintercell conviction,

I liked hawx 1 but 2 is pretty crap, first thing was that i couldnt even set a analog trottle on my joystick so you are constanly increasing/decreasing speed, secondly some of the missions are boring and/or annoying.

Conviction feels completely generic, nothing like the splinter cells i like. and imo it looks worse than chaos theory :/

p.s. i love arma II but only to screw around in the armory, rest is broken :P
I liked it before day-z *trows away hipster glasses because they are mainstream*

Black Arrow Officer:
Oh god Day Z. I tried that out yesterday to be shot in the head repeatedly by roving death squads of survivors driving around in cars. On top of that, Day Z has more bugs than a... game with a shit ton of bugs.

Than a Bethesda game?

My regret was buying Call of Duty: Black ops, I had just played my first CoD game a month or two before so I didn't know about it much and bought it new. It was the same game, except crap in every shape and form.
But it did get me onto Steam so I'm stoked about that.
That's about the only regret I've got, even bad games I like to learn from but this was just too much.

A few months back I bought one of this ridiculously posable Mega Man X figure, for the hefty sum of eighty US dollars; he's out of production, and while the figure featuring him in the first Mega Man X's full armor is readily available, I prefer him without it, and you can't take it off, although the original's parts are interchangable with the armored one's.

It was one of the few purchases of whimsy that nagged me for quite some time, and he generally goes for a hundred dollars or more, so when I saw him for eighty on Ebay, I had to go for it. I regretted the purchase for awhile, because that kind of price is rough for someone as frugal as I to swallow, but fuck it, he's awesome, and there are tons of ways to pose him, so the remorse eventually faded.

I plan to grab one or both of the Zero figures as well, just because X occasionally looks lonely there on my computer tower. Plus, I can steal his saber and give it to X to replicate X6, but now I'm being a nerd, so I'll stop before someone gets hurt.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked