Please let Pokemon gracefully exit.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

(Note, if your answer is: It always sucked, there is no place for you here)

So Black and white 2 is/are coming out soon. Oh joy. The least creative pokemon game with the worst designed pokemon and least innovation gets direct sequalage. Currently, I see a lot of expectant happy people out there looking forward to this atrocity. In an effort to not completly ruin what was a massive part of my childhood, I've been replaying the decent pokemon games in an effort to remind me that what was once good cannot be tainted by it's future sucking the hole at the bottom of the barrel to get some of the magic back.

As I "Upgraded" to the 3ds, I've been playing a lot of soulsilver and platinum recently.

I used to love pokemon. I would defend it to the death. Pokemon was a major part of my childhood, something I will be showing to my kids if and when I have them. UP TO A POINT.

Nintendo's cash machine is running low and therefore pokemon cannot be allowed to die. Which is sad. Pokemon as a franchise is like a coma patient, aware of its surroundings but unable to stop nintendo from wheeling it out in public every once in a while to get money from the people who want to keep it alive. It's intolerable, and Pokemon is suffering for it. Slowly we'll reach a point (Probably black and white 3) where pokemon has pushed itself past the point of redemption and no-one can look at it with fond memories anymore. There's only so many times you can release the exact same game and get away with it.

Pokemon is, essentially, always the same game. Which is fine, because it's a good game, and the plot isn't overly complex etc. It's simple fun, and the greatest thing about it, the only thing that always changes, is the variety of pokemon. (My personal favourite set of pokemon was Gen 2, overall there were not many I didn't want to catch). Pokemon sucks you in and makes you care about these little critters for one reason or another. As obvious as this sounds, the Pokemon make the game. Which is why Black and White wasn't very good, and the total lack of ANY new pokemon in black and white 2 is a piss take. The pokemon largely suck and there aren't going to be many new ones.

Heres the thing: Kanto was great, Johto was perfect, Hoenn... Good pokemon, didn't like the layout of the region, Sinnoh was pretty good all round, Unova... Crap pokemon, Okay layout, Crap pokemon.

What I'm really saying is, Pokemon is not very far over the "Can't even remember what I saw in it" point yet. If it ends with black and white 2, we can retain fond memories of what came before. But I think the best thing that we, the fans of pokemon can do, Is let go, let it pass on, and never forget it. Remember the great times we had, the first pokemon we caught, the first pokemon we evolved, everything great that we did on our grand adventure in the world of pokemon. Share the adventure with our sons and daughters, let them carry on as we did, and always remember how great it was.

And If nintendo still wants to milk the cash cow, they can remake until there balls drop off.
No New games, we know you guys have run out of variants on every animal name ever.

SUDDENLY: OPINIONS EVERYWHERE

Pokemon was an enormous part of my childhood, though I generally stopped paying attention after gen 2, sticking with R/B/Y and G/S/C. Black and White revived my interest in the series, and I'm genuinely looking forward to B/W 2 as it looks like they have a chance to be the best Pokemon games I've ever played.

You grew up. You got older. And now, you don't enjoy the new games as much as you enjoyed the older games when you were a kid. Sounds like you have a TRAGIC variation of Star-Wars-Fan-Itis.

Just because you don't like the series anymore doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. It's bigger than it's ever been, and it'll continue to grow whether you like it or not.

Oh boy, someone who thinks his opinion about the design of the new Pokes is a fact...

All your post can be summorized as "Stop with what I don't like anymore *cry cry cry*". I like Gen 5, I prefer it actually to all previous gens. I like most of the new Pokes, the ratio of designs I like is actually better than in gen 1 and especially gen 2. I prefer Unova to all other regions. And especially: I can't wait for Gen 6 and new designs, changes to mechanics and a new region.

Nintendo has discovered what is essentially crack for 5th graders. Why would they stop making it?

TheKasp:
Oh boy, someone who thinks his opinion about the design of the new Pokes is a fact...

Isn't that exactly what you're doing by implying that I'm wrong?

I hope you have a powerful flame shield for when the Pokemon fans come out of the woodwork.

Anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of the Gen. 5 Pokemon designs, they're largely unimpressive to me, but I have to say one thing in favor of the games: Black & White developed a much more in-depth story than had been previously used. Which... is really a bit of a double-edged blade for the Pokemon franchise.

Black & White's opening feels much slower than the previous generations did, because there is a significantly larger amount of text and exposition being thrown out in the player's face before they even get to the first gym in relation to how the previous games have all gone about it (Note: I'm not actually sure about whether this is true for Platinum, Diamond & Pearl because... well, I don't remember those games anymore). It decided to take the story much more seriously than before, so I'll give props to Nintendo for that.

But as a person who doesn't care about the competitive side of Pokemon and/or isn't young anymore... I'm just feeling like Pokemon isn't really the franchise for me anymore. Nintendo put a heavier emphasis on the story in Black & White, but they didn't really do anything to change up the combat formula since the previous generation, except making the computer AI slightly more difficult to fight by buffing their stats. Artificial difficulty. Annoying.

Eh, I'm not going to tell other people to stop buying Pokemon games, but I don't think they're really for me anymore.

SpectacularWebHead:

I implied that your conclusion based on your preference solely was wrong. Why? Because you lack any arguments.

Unlike you I did not state my preference as a fact but as what it is: My opinion ("I like").

TheKasp:

SpectacularWebHead:

I implied that your conclusion based on your preference solely was wrong. Why? Because you lack any arguments.

Unlike you I did not state my preference as a fact but as what it is: My opinion ("I like").

My opinion on the designs is largely fact, if you take away any asthetic preferences I'm totally right, Black and white 2 will not have many new pokemon in it, thus a problem. And I think my arguments of "It's been going on too long and can only go downhill from here" are pretty aparent, and also opinions. I'm not telling you to think anything, I'm stating what I think on an open forum.

shrekfan246:
but I have to say one thing in favor of the games: Black & White developed a much more in-depth story than had been previously used. Which... is really a bit of a double-edged blade for the Pokemon franchise.

I'm personally more on the side of "why would you ever put an emphasis on story in a pokemon game?" I mean, if you're a kid, you really could care less about cutscenes. You're just there for the pokemans. Mew was legendary because it was legitimately rare, and you were pretty much only going to get one through the duplication glitch with a friend that already had one. Mewtwo was pretty much just chilling in a cave, but it was legendary because it was legitimately powerful in-game and had a dungeon dedicated to building it up as this awesome escaped experiment. No extravagant JRPG plot necessary.

Kahunaburger:

shrekfan246:
but I have to say one thing in favor of the games: Black & White developed a much more in-depth story than had been previously used. Which... is really a bit of a double-edged blade for the Pokemon franchise.

I'm personally more on the side of "why would you ever put an emphasis on story in a pokemon game?" I mean, if you're a kid, you really could care less about cutscenes. You're just there for the pokemans. Mew was legendary because it was legitimately rare, and you were pretty much only going to get one through the duplication glitch with a friend that already had one. Mewtwo was pretty much just chilling in a cave, but it was legendary because it was legitimately powerful in-game and had a dungeon dedicated to building it up as this awesome escaped experiment. No extravagant JRPG plot necessary.

Well, I agree with that, but that doesn't mean I won't give Nintendo credit for trying something.

I guess I worded that first line poorly, I don't think the focus on story was a plus for the games, but I was impressed that Nintendo decided to actually do something crazy like that.

SpectacularWebHead:

My opinion on the designs is largely fact, if you take away any asthetic preferences I'm totally right, Black and white 2 will not have many new pokemon in it, thus a problem. And I think my arguments of "It's been going on too long and can only go downhill from here" are pretty aparent, and also opinions. I'm not telling you to think anything, I'm stating what I think on an open forum.

Black and White 2 are, like Yellow, Crytal, Smaragd (LeafGreen, Firered) and Platinum (HeartGold, Soulsilver) not a new generation. They are a sequel and build upon the story in Black and White. Assuming that games in the same generation would add new Pokemon is rather stupid if I think about everything that came before.

The last one is just a pessimistic guess based on dislike of the new gen. If we look on the salefigures and improvements made in Gen 5 I beg to differ.

So they make new designs... old fans don't like them and ask Nintendo to just slow down on the new pokemon for once.

So Nintendo goes... yeah, sure, alright, we'll do that. Let's iterate the series without further flooding the pokemon pool...

and you go JUST LET IT DIE!

Gen 2 isn't going anywhere. You can let go, tap out, keep your fond memories, without demanding that the series stop.

This shit is bigger than you. Deal with it.

I haven't played a single Pokemon game since the first one (whatever the fucking colors were) and I didn't even like it much then, BUT...why the hell would Nintendo not make more? Also, why would you expect to enjoy something specifically designed to please children as an adult? This is a lot like someone saying, "Man, I loved Sesame Street so much when I was 3. I'm not sure why they keep going on with their counting, they've done the number 4 about 30 times now. They just need to bow out gracefully."

The last Pokemon game I played was "Leaf Green". This is because I was hanging out with my friend and he asked me to grind up his pokemon a bit while he was taking pictures of the giant tree limb that fell on his shed after a storm. The last Pokemon game I owned and liked was "Red" for the gameboy. You know, that brick of a handheld? But seriously, the series is to repetitive for me.

TheKasp:

SpectacularWebHead:

Black and White 2 are, like Yellow, Crytal, Smaragd (LeafGreen, Firered) and Platinum (HeartGold, Soulsilver) not a new generation. They are a sequel and build upon the story in Black and White. Assuming that games in the same generation would add new Pokemon is rather stupid if I think about everything that came before.

The last one is just a pessimistic guess based on dislike of the new gen. If we look on the salefigures and improvements made in Gen 5 I beg to differ.

I think that you'll find b and w 2 are the same game again. None of the crystal, Yellow, emerald etc built on the story of the previous, it was exactly the same as the other games and only served (In the case of emerald and platinum at least) to give the oppurtunity to get the third legendary easily.

Now, If this is the case with Black And White 2, except without the the third legendary pokemon unlock, they are in fact, the same game. You're analagy is either wrong or your entire point is wrong. As we can all as long term fans of the pokemon series recognise, pokemon games do not deviate from: Get starter, do first few gyms, defeat the team of the region you're in, get the legendary, final gym, pokemon league, as this has always been, in EVERY pokemon game. The only major difference that let nintendo get away with doing this for the past fifteen years is the added pokemon. Because they are not doing this and the plot deviation is likely, at best to be "You are the son/daughter of the guy in the last game, do what he/she did" not adding any new pokemon is RELEASING THE SAME GAME TWICE.
This is Logic.

Let's throw out everything I've said about what the new pokemon look like and assume thats something we can't agree on, your preferences are bound to be different to mine, which is, in fairness, perfectly fine. I don't mind that some people like the new pokemon even though I don't. That isn't my main problem. My problem is that this is an obvious con, and it sucks to see something so wonderful taken down to cloning itself for money. Salesfigures and "Improvements" prove nothing. There are diehard fans in things as massive as pokemon, and they would throw money at a series to keep it alive until they bankrupted themselves. Also:

Kahunaburger:
Nintendo has discovered what is essentially crack for 5th graders.

You can bet there are millions of little kids who like pokemon in one form or another who use pester power to get their parents this new and upcoming game. Sales figures prove nothing, because for every one person who really, truly likes it, theres ten little kids who just need it. The entire thing is a con and it is ruining pokemon. Maybe not killed the series, but it's putting it on a slippery slope.

"Hey Nintendo, stop making new entries of a franchise that consistently makes millions and millions of dollars because of MY opinion"

People Like Pokemon games. From what I have learned from people who have the Japanese versions of Black and White 2, they are even better than the already excellent Black and White. I LOVE the pokemon franchise for their consistent high quality.

And yes I loved Black and White, sue me. I love a lot of the new pokemon. I liked the narrative. I loved the music.

I didnt like a lot of the b+w designs and pokemon but others did, I hate that damn ice cream cone...and the monkeys....and tepig outclassing the other two while being another fire/fight type starter..
The actual story was better than the others have ever been.
But black and white 2 have extra stuff and I want genesect so Im gonna buy one.

Though you speak as if there are so many other ds games that are better than pokemon so that there is no need for its series anymore, there arent.

SpectacularWebHead:

I think that you'll find b and w 2 are the same game again. None of the crystal, Yellow, emerald etc built on the story of the previous, it was exactly the same as the other games and only served (In the case of emerald and platinum at least) to give the oppurtunity to get the third legendary easily.

Now, If this is the case with Black And White 2, except without the the third legendary pokemon unlock, they are in fact, the same game. You're analagy is either wrong or your entire point is wrong. As we can all as long term fans of the pokemon series recognise, pokemon games do not deviate from: Get starter, do first few gyms, defeat the team of the region you're in, get the legendary, final gym, pokemon league, as this has always been, in EVERY pokemon game. The only major difference that let nintendo get away with doing this for the past fifteen years is the added pokemon. Because they are not doing this and the plot deviation is likely, at best to be "You are the son/daughter of the guy in the last game, do what he/she did" not adding any new pokemon is RELEASING THE SAME GAME TWICE.
This is Logic.

You know, there is a little difference between us. I already played Black 2 and know that at least the world and the line of progress is vastly different, since I don't speak or read japanese I can't tell the details of how the story is different but it is different.

But to be precise: They add several routes and areas to the game, the amount is compareable to the isles added in LeafGreen / FireRed but less boring. Gymleaders are different to an extent, we have a different champion and though Team Plasma is again the antagonist there is a neat little - may I call it twist? - that is revealed during the storymode. Unlike Unova you progress different through the cities (you have different areas up to the first two Gymleader and after Skyla you'll find yourself exploring different areas again), old areas are transformed in the way you'll expect in the 5 years it takes place after Black / White.

The additional content after the story and the hardmode is also worth mentioning. The hardmode improves the AI and gives gymleader more Pokes (and higher level [up to 5 lvl higher when meeting the champion]), more usage of items and berries at the start, real items that are also used in competitive online battles at the end. I have yet to find out if the Pokes also get EV treatment to add to the challenge.

Also, the main legendary of Black 2 / White 2, Kiryem or whatever that dragon is called (not a fan of legendaries per se) is not unlocked in this game, he is already catchable in Black and White, he just gets a place in the story.

On the design we can agree to disagree. I don't think we can narrow that down further for us both since, interesting enough, your favorite gen is my least favorite. We seem to be too different :P

SpectacularWebHead:
snip and I am fucking angry.

NO NO NO NO NO!

Pokemon for the past 15 years has always relied on the core games to introduce new pokemon and bring us back the rich and fun world with the same gameplay a sequel should always do. The sequel then add stuff that works that doesn't build a completely new game. If you wanted new gameplay with pokemon thats what Spin-offs are for:

Exhibit A:

Here we have a game that is fucking awesome that no-one seems to notice that does in fact DO SOMETHING NEW WITH POKEMON. It also takes advantage of the newer pokemon that are out as well. Providing with a new game altogether.

Also, running out of ideas? Last I checked, they had plenty of new ones, the moment I realize that it took about 5 games to make an eagle pokemon:

Tells me that they've still got more in store for us.

Pokemon is still going strong, it is not dying in sales, nor does it have a "drop in quality" in designs or any of the like. Almost every hater with this franchise or people who say "let it die" are the ones who come up with the WRONG reasons as to why it is such. Pokemon is no different to a franchise as is any other nintendo franchise. Mario does platforming stuff, Metroid is different shooting, Zelda is Adventure, and Pokemon is RPG/Strategy.

I fully support newer pokemon even if I don't agree with certain choices. Not because I'm some "Blind fanboy" but because I love something.

Likewise I loved Gen V, it had a coherent plot, and some nice new designs.

And some shitty ones.

SpectacularWebHead:
not adding any new pokemon is RELEASING THE SAME GAME TWICE.
This is Logic.

Bullshit. Thats not logic, that is ignorance.

I think you've ignored what they've added into Black and White 2, I have not played them yet because they are not available in english but from what I can tell, all the little additions make up for it, changes in gyms, changes in the pokemon available, new takes and such are all little things.

Pokemon has always been about little changes to the formula, ever since Pokemon Gold and Silver came out, it has always been about the little things, keeps the core gameplay but make changes that mix up the game bit by bit.

TheKasp:

SpectacularWebHead:

This is Logic.

You know, there is a little difference between us. I already played Black 2 and know that at least the world and the line of progress is vastly different, since I don't speak or read japanese I can't tell the details of how the story is different but it is different.

But to be precise: They add several routes and areas to the game, the amount is compareable to the isles added in LeafGreen / FireRed but less boring. Gymleaders are different to an extent, we have a different champion and though Team Plasma is again the antagonist there is a neat little - may I call it twist? - that is revealed during the storymode. Unlike Unova you progress different through the cities (you have different areas up to the first two Gymleader and after Skyla you'll find yourself exploring different areas again), old areas are transformed in the way you'll expect in the 5 years it takes place after Black / White.

The additional content after the story and the hardmode is also worth mentioning. The hardmode improves the AI and gives gymleader more Pokes (and higher level [up to 5 lvl higher when meeting the champion]), more usage of items and berries at the start, real items that are also used in competitive online battles at the end. I have yet to find out if the Pokes also get EV treatment to add to the challenge.

Also, the main legendary of Black 2 / White 2, Kiryem or whatever that dragon is called (not a fan of legendaries per se) is not unlocked in this game, he is already catchable in Black and White, he just gets a place in the story.

On the design we can agree to disagree. I don't think we can narrow that down further for us both since, interesting enough, your favorite gen is my least favorite. We seem to be too different :P

I agree to disagree, purely because you came close to doing:
"We're not so different, you and I..."

Or, ya know, you grew out of the series and don't find it fun or interesting anymore.

I, on the other hand, welcome the sequel to Black and White since I had a blast with them, and so what if the pokemon designs are not that great anymore. I have bigger complaints about Pokemon like how it's not as hard as it used to be and level grinding became more of a pain in the ass, but I still find it fun, and apparently so do other people.

The series died for you so I don't get why you think it should for other people.

Although Gen 2 was my fave, ive nothing against gen 5. Garbador is still hillarious mind...

Personally, i'd like to see

-More Mystery Dungeon games (Those where fun, i loved the fuck out of the DS ones)
-Ruby/Saphire/Emerald remakes (Like Soulsilver/Heart Gold. For the sole reason i'd like to see the Kyrouge Groundon battle in modern gen graphics.

Captcha : She Loves Him. Alright captcha, rub it in.... :'( foreveralone.jpg

SpectacularWebHead:
snip

Oh Behave!

Also, Black 2 and White 2 gives access to some of the older Pokes from the start so I can actually add a Smogon to my team for the first time I played through the game (had no place for this in my poison themed playthrough in one of the previous games).

SpectacularWebHead:
( Which is why Black and White wasn't very good, and the total lack of ANY new pokemon in black and white 2 is a piss take. The pokemon largely suck and there aren't going to be many new ones.

Thats awesome, I like how you fail to look at the cover to black and white 2

You see those little marks right next to the name? Thats a 2.

That means it is a sequel, it exists primarily to extend what happened beyond Pokemon Black and White, the same reason why this exists:

And this:

EDIT: I just now realized how bad Echoes's cover was......

Little changes make enough for a new game. I didn't see anyone else complain about these two games getting released, what the fuck is wrong with current Pokemon (Also, care to explain how there are NO GOOD POKEMON AT ALL) Despite the obvious certain ones like Hydregion, Scolipede, and Zoroark. And if you don't like those, well there are some good ones that they've added to be available (You know, Lucario, Tyranitar and so forth)

As you can tell, I am pissed at you.

Terminate421:

SpectacularWebHead:
This is Logic.

I think you've ignored what they've added into Black and White 2, I have not played them yet because they are not available in english but from what I can tell, all the little additions make up for it, changes in gyms, changes in the pokemon available, new takes and such are all little things.

Pokemon has always been about little changes to the formula, ever since Pokemon Gold and Silver came out, it has always been about the little things, keeps the core gameplay but make changes that mix up the game bit by bit.

I call shenanigans.
You hear that noise of running water?
It's a river called DE-NILE.(Denial)
Pokemon never deviates from it's core story mechanic to far. The furthest it goes is the circumstance you get the starter under, massive plot changes in a pokemon do not and will not happen.
They said the exact same thing about platinum, and it was pretty much the same as D and P.

latiasracer:

Personally, i'd like to see

-More Mystery Dungeon games (Those where fun, i loved the fuck out of the DS ones)
. :'( foreveralone.jpg

I actually read that statement....from someone else on this forum.

Praise Arceus!

Explorers of Time was probably my favorite.

SpectacularWebHead:

Terminate421:

SpectacularWebHead:
This is Logic.

I call shenanigans.
You hear that noise of running water?
Pokemon never deviates from it's core story mechanic to far. The furthest it goes is the circumstance you get the starter under, massive plot changes in a pokemon do not and will not happen.
They said the exact same thing about platinum, and it was pretty much the same as D and P.

Yes but its obvious right from the fucking start its not the same game.

I want you to look at my previous post, the one with the Metroid and Mario games on it, Platinum was much the same as those.

I want you to read my post at least 3 times and then try and find an argument to why its a sequel.

So what?

Nintendo isn't going to can one of their biggest franchises just because some of their older fans are feeling some Franchise Fatigue.

Let the market decide if its sick of Pokemon, because logically, that is the only thing that's going to force Nintendo to change their tune.

SpectacularWebHead:

You know, the Germans have a word for you. It's called "classy motherfucker." And in case you are as dumb as you assume others are, I will also inform you of their word for me, "sarcastic dick."

People will continue to play pokemans till doomsday, and I'm alright with that. Nintendo can go ahead and keep making those games over and over, I honestly could not ever give any less fucks about it. I encourage you to do likewise.

Captcha- face the music
So you choose OP's side, eh captcha? Well I'll show you, I'll show all of you!! Muahahahaha!!!

Played Perl and "finished" it, got Diamond (really cheap) and I still haven't played it. Just grew tired of the whole set up and then I stopped buying Handhelds because Pokemon was the only game I bought them for.

Looking back I wish they'd do more significant upgrades to the game-play, something to take out the HORRIBLE gut wrenching grind.

But mostly I just gave up when the aim of the game was to 'Catch the All' and fathoming I never could without cheating, fucking promotional Pokemon Bullshit.

Captcha: Skynet Knows
also known as Nintendo...

SpectacularWebHead:
(Note, if your answer is: It always sucked, there is no place for you here)

So Black and white 2 is/are coming out soon. Oh joy. The least creative pokemon game with the worst designed pokemon and least innovation gets direct sequalage. Currently, I see a lot of expectant happy people out there looking forward to this atrocity. In an effort to not completly ruin what was a massive part of my childhood, I've been replaying the decent pokemon games in an effort to remind me that what was once good cannot be tainted by it's future sucking the hole at the bottom of the barrel to get some of the magic back.

As I "Upgraded" to the 3ds, I've been playing a lot of soulsilver and platinum recently.

I used to love pokemon. I would defend it to the death. Pokemon was a major part of my childhood, something I will be showing to my kids if and when I have them. UP TO A POINT.

Nintendo's cash machine is running low and therefore pokemon cannot be allowed to die. Which is sad. Pokemon as a franchise is like a coma patient, aware of its surroundings but unable to stop nintendo from wheeling it out in public every once in a while to get money from the people who want to keep it alive. It's intolerable, and Pokemon is suffering for it. Slowly we'll reach a point (Probably black and white 3) where pokemon has pushed itself past the point of redemption and no-one can look at it with fond memories anymore. There's only so many times you can release the exact same game and get away with it.

Pokemon is, essentially, always the same game. Which is fine, because it's a good game, and the plot isn't overly complex etc. It's simple fun, and the greatest thing about it, the only thing that always changes, is the variety of pokemon. (My personal favourite set of pokemon was Gen 2, overall there were not many I didn't want to catch). Pokemon sucks you in and makes you care about these little critters for one reason or another. As obvious as this sounds, the Pokemon make the game. Which is why Black and White wasn't very good, and the total lack of ANY new pokemon in black and white 2 is a piss take. The pokemon largely suck and there aren't going to be many new ones.

Heres the thing: Kanto was great, Johto was perfect, Hoenn... Good pokemon, didn't like the layout of the region, Sinnoh was pretty good all round, Unova... Crap pokemon, Okay layout, Crap pokemon.

What I'm really saying is, Pokemon is not very far over the "Can't even remember what I saw in it" point yet. If it ends with black and white 2, we can retain fond memories of what came before. But I think the best thing that we, the fans of pokemon can do, Is let go, let it pass on, and never forget it. Remember the great times we had, the first pokemon we caught, the first pokemon we evolved, everything great that we did on our grand adventure in the world of pokemon. Share the adventure with our sons and daughters, let them carry on as we did, and always remember how great it was.

And If nintendo still wants to milk the cash cow, they can remake until there balls drop off.
No New games, we know you guys have run out of variants on every animal name ever.

Nice, that is your opinion. Hundreds of thousands will disagree with you. Pokemon is still great, (did you even PLAY the new ones yet? Black and White 2 are fun as hell!). Get over it, deal with it.

It shouldn't die, it is still just as fun (although I grew up and got over the Anime), the games are still fun (try Conquest, amazing game).

Also: Opinions, not fact. That is your Opinion, it isn't a fact. You may think Pokemon should die, others think the exact opposite.

Captcha: One hit Wonder

Yep, Pokemon is the exact opposite.

I don't understand, do sequels/new games in a franchise somehow corrupt your memories of the old games? If you don't like the new games just forget about them, and let those that like them continue to buy them. It's not a negative thing for you, because if they stopped making the games entirely it would have the same effect on you as not liking/buying the new ones.

This is coming from somebody who didn't even make it 2 hours through Pokemon Black after buying it by the way, I agree on your opinions of the game, but it doesn't ruin Blue/Red/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for me, because they're... different games?

personally i stopped being interested in pokemon after the first generation. i played leafgreen recently, which was perfect for me, nostalgia but with better graphics xD i doubt i will ever care about the franchise again, but clearly enough people do or else they wouldn't be making more

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked