Should I get kingdoms of amalur?

I'm pretty sure there should be some kind of rule about having two advice topics on the same day, but if there is, I don't recall it.

So, yeah. Recommendations, good points, bad points, glitches, so on? I'd be getting it on xbox, by the way.

I played the demo, and I liked the art style and the combat system, especially that being a mage seems to feel pretty freakin' awesome for a change. The story seems pretty generic, as is the actual setting, but I frankly don't mind that much.

A few glitches had me worried. A couple of times, the game seemed to auto-skip entire bits of dialogue, and in a game involving dialogue choices, that's really important, cliche or no.

lastly, does the game require me to either download or install a lot for me to play? I'm running low on hard drive space. And yes, I know the devs recommended it strongly, but so does everybody these days. I didn't install Rage, it was fine. I didn't install Dead island it wasn't any worse technically than anybody else had it. I didn't install ghost recon future soldier (aside from the "additional audio content" it forcibly installs) and it was fine. I don't mind waiting a little longer for it to load.

--

Well i fucking loved this game :), if you want ere more of a challenge try to shy away from blacsmithing... i'm being serious here i blacksmithed like a mofo and made the gear i was using so op i was carving through stuff with ease this isn't just me alot of people found this.

I played this game a HUGE amount when i moved into my flat earlier this year :P mainly due to no internet it's a good game :)

Not to be a dick or anything..but isn't there a gaming forum for questions like this?

I'm going to suggest a redirect.

Silverslith:
Not to be a dick or anything..but isn't there a gaming forum for questions like this?

I'm going to suggest a redirect.

Thought people would get pissed off with it being "advice".

If it was closer to launch, I would've put it there, as a lot of people might be asking themselves the same thing, but as it was, there didn't seem to be any need.

It's pointless now, anyway, I bought it. Simply awesome. Best levelling system I've seen, aweomse combat and crafting. And yes, crafting can be a little OP. My current chakrams almost feel unfair, but it feels too badass for me to give a shit. Thanks for the tips.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked