What Let's Play are you watching/just watched?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Irridium:
Spoiler Warning

Basically, a group of people play through a game, and bitch about it. That's pretty much the long and short of it. I find it entertaining though.

They just finished up Half-Life 2, and will soon move on to Mass Effect 3. That should be a fun season. Pretty fun series. They've done a few other games as well. Mass Effect 1 (their first game), where they started weak but ended strong. And had some fun with the game, I guess. Bioshock, where they started with praise then turned up the hate. Fallout 3, which is their most bile-filled season. Assassin's Creed 2, which actually won a "special" award from them. New Vegas, which is less bile filled than Fallout 3. Human Revolution, which they liked. And Alan Wake, which they also kind of liked. Also there's some one-off episodes of Hitman, Trainz, Amnesia, and Elevator: Source.

Shamus Young is a commentator, and it's hosted on his site. You might know him from here for his Stolen Pixels comics and Experienced Points columns. Also his Shamus Plays Series. If not, read that stuff. It's pretty good. I'll stop shamelessly fanboying over him now.

I came here to say exactly this. Its a really difficult show to explain but its fantastic. Even though they ruined FALLOUT 3 for me.

I watch The Game Grumps and One F Jef lp's. I also enjoyed the GGwalkthruz of Resident Evil 4. TawesWorld did a let's play of EYE Divine cybermancy that I used to check the game out before buying, ended up a long time subscriber of his channel. Seananners does his minecraft let's play of course. WoodysGamertag did a pretty solid LP of Borderlands with some other CoD guys.
That's all that comes to mind for me.

Well recently EeLa6's I wanna be the guy

TheAussieGamers hitman Blood Money

Lord Finishers X-Com ,postal 2 and sprung.

ImSkeletor:

Irridium:
Spoiler Warning

Basically, a group of people play through a game, and bitch about it. That's pretty much the long and short of it. I find it entertaining though.

They just finished up Half-Life 2, and will soon move on to Mass Effect 3. That should be a fun season. Pretty fun series. They've done a few other games as well. Mass Effect 1 (their first game), where they started weak but ended strong. And had some fun with the game, I guess. Bioshock, where they started with praise then turned up the hate. Fallout 3, which is their most bile-filled season. Assassin's Creed 2, which actually won a "special" award from them. New Vegas, which is less bile filled than Fallout 3. Human Revolution, which they liked. And Alan Wake, which they also kind of liked. Also there's some one-off episodes of Hitman, Trainz, Amnesia, and Elevator: Source.

Shamus Young is a commentator, and it's hosted on his site. You might know him from here for his Stolen Pixels comics and Experienced Points columns. Also his Shamus Plays Series. If not, read that stuff. It's pretty good. I'll stop shamelessly fanboying over him now.

I came here to say exactly this. Its a really difficult show to explain but its fantastic. Even though they ruined FALLOUT 3 for me.

Priceless.

Hey if anyone is interested, Yahtzee and a friend of his have been doing a couple lets plays of old adventure games. The games themselves are terrible but the commentary is hilarious

Z of the Na'vi:
"HEY I'M GRUMP!"

"I'M NOT SO GRUUUMP!"

"AND, WE'RE, THE GAME GRUMPS!"

Pause balls
By goin upstairs
Pause Balls
By going down stairs
That's the best strategy in the game
Gonna go upstairs and pause balls.

I watch a few of Jesse Cox's LPs, on omfgcata.

Though I would love TB to finish his Shining Force walkthrough. Or to do more LPs, but it will only be a dream.

Well I am still waiting for TotalBiscuit and Jesse to make more Terraria videos and I am currently watching Jesse, Crendor, and Trish play LotR:War in the North.

Irridium:
Spoiler Warning

With ya there brother! Love Spoiler Warning it cheers me up immensely to find out there is a new episode to watch. Shame not too many people know about it but I guess its an acquired taste (although a very good one). One of the best things about it is there are no gimmicks bad humor or feigned enthusiasm, its all like chilling out with friends. No stupid acting up to things.

Other than that Two Best Friends play is pretty fun light entertainment especially their elongated full lets plays of terrible games like Final Fight Streetwise. Actually this IS an example of a show where they throw in forced jokes about their adopted persona but they do it very rarely so its all good.

Generally a lets play is best when its some friends playing and watching a game the same way any of us would with our friends. Sometimes there is an exception to the rule but striking that comedic sweet spot requires a lot more skill than most youtubers have to employ.

PS: Reginald D Cuftbert is my role model, I really want a bonnet.

X-Com super Antarctic challange its awesome!

cswurt:
The only Let's Play I'd want to watch is one where the idiot gamer who's recording it keeps his mouth shut.

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
No, we don't want to hear anything you have to say.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye

http://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Overture/

Rejoice.

OT: I haven't watched an LP in a while... I'm busy working on a couple.

(three people suddenly breathe in sharply)

I'd have updated one of them already, but that wouldn't be nice, seeing how I'm going on vacation.

(three people scream in fury)

Right now I'm watching SSoHPKC's playthrough of Resident Evil 5 and Uberhaxornova's minecraft quad mountain survival. Can't wait for his Breaking Bad series with Danznewz

Z of the Na'vi:
"HEY I'M GRUMP!"

"I'M NOT SO GRUUUMP!"

"AND, WE'RE, THE GAME GRUMPS!"

A) ^this. So much of this.

B) Spoony's Phantasmagoria 2 Let's play still makes me laugh incredibly hard regardless of how many times I've watched it.

cswurt:
The only Let's Play I'd want to watch is one where the idiot gamer who's recording it keeps his mouth shut.

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye

Why aren't you unique with your opinions that differ from the ones being posted while you don't want to hear idiot gamer talk while recording there are plenty of people that do. kthxbye
O.T. Only one following now really is azuritereaction

Let's see here...

Game Grumps, a series involving Egoraptor and JonTron that has some truly funny back and forth between two people have chemistry.

Oh, and Yahtzee's let's plays. He needs to make another one. Preferably one where he smacks Gabriel away from the keyboard and forbids him from ever recording another video ever.

Oohhh boy! *cracks knuckles*

KungFuJesus's(proteank) Final Fantasy XIII-2 is amazing, been watching that for a while
SuperJeenius's Persona 3, and Lolipop Chainsaw
I've also caught Game Grump fever ever since I saw the pause balls remix
RowanOneK does some amazing voice work, new upcoming LPer.
Also rewatched Medibot's (viciousweasel) Kirby's Return to Dreamland recently.

And soon I'll be watching my own later this week during editing.

I'm going through old Freelance Astronauts LPs, at the moment. I've seen their Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest LPs, most of theirs on New Super Mario Brothers Wii (or more appropriately named, Super Backstabio Brothers Wii...or sometimes Maxwell Adams is a Dickbitch).

I'm about halfway through their LP of Seaman, and have been watching a lot of smaller ones. Like the Tetris Smackdown, which starts to get good around 2:30...

Freelance Astronauts play Mass Effect

Anything "Rooster Teeth" and "Two Best Friends Play" pump out.
So right now that would be, respectively, Minecraft and Final Fight Streetwise.

I watch the Achievement Hunter Minecraft ones. They're pretty damn hilarious.

cswurt:

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye

So is every single person who does a lets play automatically a fuckwit who can't make a joke?

I no longer have enough time or attention spans to watch Let's Plays nowadays.

I'll happen to catch Two Best Friend's Let's plays every once in a while though.

I watch the Mindcrack guys do their Minecraft stuff and anything else they happen to put out.

Just Finished up Diabetus' LP of Metroid Fusion, him and Slowbeef work well together as always

Currently working through his and Zomodock's Parallel Wolds LP. %50 is snarking about how ridiculous the game is/shouting Parallel Worlds ,20% dick jokes,29% telling Zomodok he sucks and %1 actually being useful(usually on accident). The two going through Nabooru's Hole is hilarious.

The Heart of Darkness and Metal Wolf Chaos LPs off the LP Archive. Before that, I watched a pretty funny Dante's Inferno LP from the same place.

I only have two LPers that I really follow.

The first one is a relatively new guy called Markiplier, he's mostly horror games on his channel though he is trying to branch out into different games to use so it isn't all horror. He also has regular livestreams(Mostly of Minecraft where he plays with the viewers) where he plays a wide variety of other games. He is currently my favorite because he is both funny and a very nice guy overall. =)

The other is actually pretty different from most other LPs. It's UselessPodcasts by Tony Garcia and Mike Stout, a programmer and designer respectively who are playing through Ratchet and Clank, specifically the ones they worked on. So it's technically a developer commentary and it's actually pretty darn cool to check out if you want to find out more behind how the games were made and just see things from the perspective of a developer. They finished Going Commando which was the first game they actually worked on (First game they were just QA) and are working through Up Your Arsenal now.

kikosika's neverwinter nights shadows of undertine and kyrandia

The Avatar never ceases to amaze me with his wit!

The_Blue_Rider:
Currently watching a Final Fight Streetwise player by The Sw1tcher, although you might know them as Two Best Friends Play.

Its really good, theres always funny moments, but I feel so sorry for them having to play it

This. And pokecapn's Sonic 2006 LP. Dear lord that game sucks. I think I might be a sadist for enjoying this.

i'm watching sideways thinkers lets play of the punisher

Currently going through Pokecapn's Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 Let's play for probably the third time
Those poor damn fools...

None. Why watch a Let's Play when I could play the game?

The afformentioned Grumps

Also, Let's Plays by an actual Escapist user, MadaraXIII.
Currently watching his Portal, which he doesn't do at the fastest pace.
Once I feel confident enough I should probably watch the videoes of him playing Slender, because his screaming is hilarious.

GeneralTwinkle:

cswurt:

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye

So is every single person who does a lets play automatically a fuckwit who can't make a joke?

No, no.
Only the ones who really think everyone wants to hear them.

cswurt:

GeneralTwinkle:

cswurt:

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye

No, no.
Only the ones who really think everyone wants to hear them.

I think that's point of talking during a let's play. So the viewers can hear them.

I just finished watching the start of a Lets Play series being made by some friends. its fairly funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spyprW7o1nU

Its is very much in the style of Yahtzee and Gabes lets Plays in that it has people talking over/mocking/ talking about a video game that one of them just played.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked