SMITE Giveaway

So with the recent controversy over the SMITE roster, and their current presence at Quake Con, the game is getting a lot of publicity, but not many people have gotten the chance to play it yet. As such I realized that I can invite people to the game (ie. grant them beta access), so I've decided I'd open this up to the escapist community. So if you wanted to see what all the fuss is about (or maybe the lack there of) now's your chance.

To get a key, simply pm me your email, and I'll send you one (you can post it here if you want I guess but I'd advise against that). If you don't want to give some random person on the internet your email (I totally understand), set up a trash email, and pm me that. It sends a code, so you should be able to simply use it with your main account later if you wish.

Also if you get a code, leave a thank you or some sort of a bump to increase the threads visibility.

Anyways, enjoy.

Edit: Going away till the 13th, so any pms from now (August 10th) to Aug. 13th will get keys on the 13th.

A link to the official SMITE review/preview published on the escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9857-Smite-Preview

I wonder if I can get a beta key if I just show up at their front door. I work right down the street from them.

You could make this into a massive chain, since whoever you invite gets 3 codes, everybody that wanted one could get one if they posted in this thread o:

Midgeamoo:
You could make this into a massive chain, since whoever you invite gets 3 codes, everybody that wanted one could get one if they posted in this thread o:

I don't think we have too. I think now the beta testers (don't know if just the first wave that received invites or others) have the ability to manually send beta invites to email accounts.

Decided to attach a video of TB playing the game for people who don't know what the gameplay is like.

Thanks Nighthawk!

Played a few games today. It is really funky and takes awhile to get used to, but I had fun. The community is a mixed bag already though. At least one person left the match early in every game. Super lame. Oh, and Ymir and Artemis are fucking OP as hell.

Fappy:
Played a few games today. It is really funky and takes awhile to get used to, but I had fun. The community is a mixed bag already though. At least one person left the match early in every game. Super lame. Oh, and Ymir and Artemis are fucking OP as hell.

Its early in beta I think so lots of people aren't committed to finishing games. I was thinking that made a sort of escapist group that plays together could somewhat remedy the situation, but idk it was just a thought :)

Captcha: Melody Pond?

I just got an invite, going to try it out in a few minutes.

I have 3 passes to give out as well, PM me if you want one.

I've got two spare invites going, drop a PM for one.

If anyone is up for a game drop me a friend request on the game. ToastyVirus is the name.

Toasty Virus:
I've got two spare invites going, drop a PM for one.

If anyone is up for a game drop me a friend request on the game. ToastyVirus is the name.

Oh yeah, good idea to drop user names. Mine is Brogath.

I have two beta invite for anyone who wants some, just PM me for one.

Also if anyone wants to group up my username is FrankCastle

NightHawk21:
-Snip-

Think I am going to do a little off-the-cuff video review of the beta. Are there any points you can think of that should be brought up? It'll probably be about 5 or 10 minutes long.

I have 1 beta key left if some one wants it, pm me.

Ah, almost forgot, if one of you guys want to group up, my username is redler

I wouldnt mind a beta key I have heard a lot about it and looking forward to testing it

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:
I wouldnt mind a beta key I have heard a lot about it and looking forward to testing it

Sure thing man. Send me a message with the email you want the key sent to.

Fappy:

NightHawk21:
-Snip-

Think I am going to do a little off-the-cuff video review of the beta. Are there any points you can think of that should be brought up? It'll probably be about 5 or 10 minutes long.

Idk. It might be good to touch on how the game differs from LoL and Dota. Maybe also touch on the how the heroes differ, and how the gameplay differs (by that I mean in LoL you have 2 real phases, the laning phases and the post-laning phase).

NightHawk21:

Fappy:

NightHawk21:
-Snip-

Idk. It might be good to touch on how the game differs from LoL and Dota. Maybe also touch on the how the heroes differ, and how the gameplay differs (by that I mean in LoL you have 2 real phases, the laning phases and the post-laning phase).

The change of perspective and the flow of the game will definitely be the biggest talking points for sure.

Thanks a bunch for the key, OP

How's the difficulty curve? I've played Awesomenauts and about 3 games of DOTA 2, so I'd be coming in with limited experience.

Controversy aside, I for one think it'll be cool to play as various cultures' gods, not to mention an amazing opportunity for tangential learning. (Yep, I'm going to read every paragraph of those "lore" tabs.)

Noetherian:
How's the difficulty curve? I've played Awesomenauts and about 3 games of DOTA 2, so I'd be coming in with limited experience.

Controversy aside, I for one think it'll be cool to play as various cultures' gods, not to mention an amazing opportunity for tangential learning. (Yep, I'm going to read every paragraph of those "lore" tabs.)

I have a lot of experience with LoL, so it's hard for me to say. The good news is that there are tons and tons of people playing right now that have no clue what is going on, so chances are you will be playing on even ground.

Also, about that video review thing... might take a bit longer. Tried to record three games yesterday and Fraps refused to work correctly. It would randomly stop recording matches after about 30 seconds and would fail to tell me it stopped recording.

Fappy:
The good news is that there are tons and tons of people playing right now that have no clue what is going on, so chances are you will be playing on even ground.

Thanks; that is an excellent point. Good luck getting your tech to cooperate.

NightHawk21:
*snip*

Thanks for the Beta key! It activated successfully and the game's downloading now.

To further the discussion a bit: I see from my confirmation e-mail that the Beta is only available during certain hours. Anyone care to expound on that? (Are the hours reasonable, frequent, or inconvenient?)

Noetherian:
To further the discussion a bit: I see from my confirmation e-mail that the Beta is only available during certain hours. Anyone care to expound on that? (Are the hours reasonable, frequent, or inconvenient?)

I think that just means that occasionally the server will go down for maintenance or when they're applying an update to the game, it's not a constant thing that happens everyday. Similar to what most MMOs do about every week.

I'm going away till August the 13th, so just a heads up that if anyone PMs me on Friday or over the weekend, I'll send you the beta key on Monday when I return.

I'll take a key if one's going.

Cheers. :)

GoaThief:

If your still looking for a key I'd be willing to give you one.

Andrewtheeviscerator:

GoaThief:

If your still looking for a key I'd be willing to give you one.

If you have I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm still looking.

I'm back so keys will be rolling our quicker now (pretty much within a couple hours of me getting your pm). Enjoy guys. Also linked the new SMITE review that's officially been published on this site in the OP.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked