Americans die in the new Assassins Creed 3 trailer

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

In new AC3 Trailer Americans die

Now we all can enjoy the game and mock that guy's voice-over in peace.

That gif looks awful, I sincerely hope it's just due to the video being put into gif form.

Also, he stabbed a guy with his gun then shot it. LOLWAT

How did he get that close to two guys facing each other on an open field?

Well, there's really nothing wrong with killing Statesmen in the game. If it's got story and a plot that justifies killing blue coats, then where's there any controversy? It's the same as having a story and plot that justifies the killing of the red coats. Just randomly killing either side with nothing to explain it is a bit of a stretch for the time period they're emulating.

TheKasp:

They were both distracted by the beautiful American wildlife, that's why.

OT: I'm very relieved. I thought this game was going to be yet another flag-waving orgy of patriotism,just like Call of Fieldbattle 7. Still, I'm probably not getting this game, so I'm not that overjoyed.

This is good then. Now we can enjoy the game without being annoyed by American patriotisim. Instead we can get annoyed by how silly everything looks now because they seem to be determined to make it looks as actiony as possible. For example looking at the gif you linked.

He snuck up on two guys facing each other in an open field. He then stabbed one, the gun easily went right through and then he shot the other guy through the body of the first stabbed guy.

Whaaaaaa?

killing americans in a game stopped being relevant a long time ago as most games do it.

They're even white!

It's amazing!

It's so PC!

(I get what you mean OP, don't fret. Mainstream games sure do kill a lot of people who aren't white or american.)

Ummm OK... good?

That gif really does look silly, I don't think they're facing each other in open combat though.
It looks like they're both wearing the same uniform.

I think they're just having polite conversation... in the middle of war.

Well I'll be, that actually looks pretty neat! The video I mean, not the gif.

Not sure about getting it though, October is a month that's going to be burnin' gaping holes in my wallet. Maybe my brother will get it >.>

Ryotknife:
killing americans in a game stopped being relevant a long time ago as most games do it.

It's because the rest of the world doesn't give nearly as much of an arse about The American Revolution as Americans do and we were a little worried that this would be a "Rah Rah Go America" game...

The fact that bluecoats are getting killed in the game means that (hopefully) it won't be a one sided "The British are EEEEVVVVIIIILLLL" story and might have some decent complexity to it.

Now I guess you people can move onto something else to bitch about.

LOL That gif is pretty funny. stabbed the gun straight through and shot the other guy... It's the kind of ridiculous death scene that the killer might do in a really stupid slasher movie. XD

At least there's an alternate story.

I guess 4 Americans to the countless British is at least a start. But to be honest I think I've lost interest in the franchise now. Not because of the killing British people thing, I just don't really see enough new to make it worth buying. Maybe I'll get it once the Complete Edition comes out, or whatever they choose to call it this time round.

Dandark:
This is good then. Now we can enjoy the game without being annoyed by American patriotisim. Instead we can get annoyed by how silly everything looks now because they seem to be determined to make it looks as actiony as possible. For example looking at the gif you linked.

He snuck up on two guys facing each other in an open field. He then stabbed one, the gun easily went right through and then he shot the other guy through the body of the first stabbed guy.

Whaaaaaa?

To be fair so does every Assassins Creed trailer (from memory) I mean Revelations certainly had more action but not loads more and there's probably gonna be just as much stealth. Marketing is just shit, like Mass Effect 3's marketing was all "we're fighting the Reapers Hoo Rah!" But then the game was actually not as stupid as the ads would have you believe.

Okay I promised to stop doing this but I have to say the capcha: Cabbage Borsht?

Lol how did the guy not notice him sneaking up behind his buddy there?

GOOD. I dont want an "ASSASINS FER AMURICA" game. I want people to push the envelope and get past this juvenile "I'm good, you're bad" rut that gaming is in.

TheKasp:

Maybe it was a Brokeback Mountain kind of thing and they were distracted staring into each others' eyes...

PedroSteckecilo:

Ryotknife:

It's because the rest of the world doesn't give nearly as much of an arse about The American Revolution as Americans do and we were a little worried that this would be a "Rah Rah Go America" game...

The fact that bluecoats are getting killed in the game means that (hopefully) it won't be a one sided "The British are EEEEVVVVIIIILLLL" story and might have some decent complexity to it.

As a Brit, we don't learn anything about the American revolution, so it'd be nice if this game had a fair historical representation of what was going down. With some nice stabby stabby action as well. I'm fine with murdering digital representations of my fellow countrymen as long as the yanks are fair game too and neither side is represented as moustache twiddling evil (though I do thoroughly expect to and hope to encounter at least one moustache twiddling British templar)

But he's not killing Americans, he's killing British colonists, he's a native american so it's still an American killing the British.....AMERICA FUCK YEA!

superdelux:

Now we all can enjoy the game and mock that guy's voice-over in peace.

i really thought i would see "... by the evil british!" in the op. well, i was wrong.

Matthew94:
That gif looks awful, I sincerely hope it's just due to the video being put into gif form.

Also, he stabbed a guy with his gun then shot it. LOLWAT

if you look closely at the gif, it seems like the first soldier is clamping the weapon under his armpit like in those old pirate movies or old theatre shows before they had these special effect, retractable blade swords...

so he is faking it.

Well there were turncoats in the revolutionary war, Benedict Arnold anyone?

Scrustle:
I guess 4 Americans to the countless British is at least a start. But to be honest I think I've lost interest in the franchise now. Not because of the killing British people thing, I just don't really see enough new to make it worth buying. Maybe I'll get it once the Complete Edition comes out, or whatever they choose to call it this time round.

This. Or if the writers make more of an effort to include Desmond, which by Revelations, was literally the only reason I even played it. And that still fucking disappointed me. Assassins Creed has sooo much potential, but so far, they kept squandering it on Ezio, Italy (Please, Istanbul was no real cultural change) and far too cryptic scenes about what actually happened thousands of years ago (That was no solar flare. A solar flare would've raped the planet in half).

Thank god it's being slightly balanced and not 'The Patriot: The Video Game'. Seriously, that damn movie made the British seem worse than Satan.

Now, I'm no expert on colonial-era weaponry, but I'm pretty sure the idea of a bayonet was not that you put your ENTIRE FUCKING GUN through the enemy. The barrel would get clogged up with blood and giblets!

Weren't they like technically not American till after the war was over?

superdelux:

Patriots, not Americans. Big difference.

As for the video, good. Ubisoft said they weren't taking sides so it's about damn time.

Artemis923:
GOOD. I dont want an "ASSASINS FER AMURICA" game. I want people to push the envelope and get past this juvenile "I'm good, you're bad" rut that gaming is in.

Because the imperialistic British were in the right for forcing their government on the colonies?

OP:Does this mean people will stop making a fuss over red coats being killed?

What's the point of this thread again? I honestly wouldn't care if a video game portrayed the U.S. as the bad guy occasionally, I don't see what the big deal is.

Why is this an issue? Is what I would be asking if I weren't on the Escapist Forums.

Froggy Slayer:
Thank god it's being slightly balanced and not 'The Patriot: The Video Game'. Seriously, that damn movie made the British seem worse than Satan.

You can thank Mel Gibson.

Techno Squidgy:

PedroSteckecilo:

Ryotknife:

As a Brit, we don't learn anything about the American revolution, so it'd be nice if this game had a fair historical representation of what was going down. With some nice stabby stabby action as well. I'm fine with murdering digital representations of my fellow countrymen as long as the yanks are fair game too and neither side is represented as moustache twiddling evil (though I do thoroughly expect to and hope to encounter at least one moustache twiddling British templar)

To be fair, as an american we kinda gloss over the Revolutionary war as well. More focus was spent on the Civil War and especially WW2.

maybe it is because we do not want to beat the anti-british war drums too loudly as your country is now a good friend (who would have guessed it back then?)

Ryotknife:

To be fair, as an american we kinda gloss over the Revolutionary war as well. More focus was spent on the Civil War and especially WW2.

I don't know where you were taught, but I've never heard a history professor 'gloss over' the Revolutionary War.

Sheesh, as an American I can just say, I was getting worried they were making it too "'MERICA FUCK YEAH!"
This is, well maybe not refreshing, but at least a little relieving.

Captcha: easy as cake

... indeed.

DRes82:

Ryotknife:

I don't know where you were taught, but I've never heard a history professor 'gloss over' the Revolutionary War.

well i am sure HISTORY COLLEGE STUDENTS get a more comprehensive look. I am talking about public grade schools. And no, i did not go to a shitty one. If testimony from numerous teachers from around the country are any indication, they teach less about the revolutionary war now then they did when i was in school.

Most of my knowledge about that war came from outside of the class room. School really only taught me about the founding principles/documents of our country and the events that led to the war, but little about the war itself. This is coming from someone who was actually interested in history in school.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked