Do you remember the first time you saved the world?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I think it might have been StarCraft for me.

Killing the overmind and (as far as I knew) all of the Zerg.

The first game I ever completed was Final Fantasy 8 with my friend, I remember us both shouting and screaming with joy like we had just actually saved the world :) It was also the first game I got truely obsessed with and loved, I can pretty much say that was the game that made me a gamer.

Also, a lovely little embarrassing story for you all about me and Final Fantasy 8. I used to love watching my older brother play the game, and as he played I fell in love with the characters (I remember telling him to stop skipping the dialogue so I could slowly try to read the long words before asking him to tell me what they meant). He obviously ended up completing it and told me Squall died at the end, at which point I cried. That fueled my desire to complete it and find out if he was lying, as a small child I couldn't bare the idea squall had died.

I'm pretty sure my brother felt bad and helped me with some of the hard parts.

Sonic The Hedgehog, saving all those little critters from being turned into robots.

Along with some awesome music. Although I recently had my mind blown that Marble Zone sounds rather similar in parts to Bob Crewe's "Music To Watch Girls By"

It has nothing to do with saving Sonic's world but it's a neat little thing.

The first time I saved the world? Sure. It went something like this...

Of course, I've been playing games since before Nintendo, but I don't think there's anything on my Atari 2600 that counts.

Probably the Mass Effect series. Didn't play any world savin' games until secondary school when I got my first console. Until then, pretty much purely startegy and the like on PC.

Though, I remember fondly the first time I doomed a world...

I think I saved the world in Golden Eye. I know I destroyed a satellite that was going to do something bad... Maybe?... Fuck satellites.

Final fantasy 1 . First time i saved the world from Chaos .

First time i saved a princess though was mario bros .

Ah yes, it was october 28, 1962.
I had managed to infiltrate and destroy the big red button, preventing the end of the world. unfortunately, i did not survive my adventure.

when i reached the Pearly White Gates, I gave the bouncer the secret handshake, allowing me access to the VIP section. The backlog was still pretty big from the previous wars, so i decided to take a walk outside and reincarnate. By then, it was 1983.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Curb stomping the Dragonlord with my overleveled descendant of Erdrick.

Good times, good times.

Yep, Crash Bandicoot.

I saved the world from an army of anthropomorphic Australian animals.

I chased this woman through 8 levels of walking mushrooms and turtles, eventually beating this dragon guy. Finally, I had saved the girl and the world, surely everything would be ok now.

Wait...what do you mean do it again?

You're standing right here, I just rescued you, why do I have to do it again? Don't you know I've got a sink to unblock?

I think it was super mario sunshine when I beat bowser at the end. Was pretty good. Have to disagree that the end level is not hard at all.

Probably the first game in which I felt the gravitas of my actions was Fire Emblem: Blazing sword (2003). After all the shit, I went through the game rewarded me with tales of what happened after the world was saved and it was good.

krazykidd:
Final fantasy 1 . First time i saved the world from Chaos .

First time i saved a princess though was mario bros .

That is what my first reaction was. and my god it was a pain in the ass to do so.

Well there was that one time I saved the universe from the scourge that is Penguin Nazi's using only a rusty fork and my spit, but that is a very long tale with a shocking twist and sexy love interest.

(Actual Answer): I believe the first time I saved the world was Orcarina of Time, but one could argue that I saved Hyrule and not Earth. I still count it as my first world saving adventure though

Yup. Drove Erdrick's Sword right through this sumbitch:
over and over and over and...

Looking back, the game would be tedious for me... but at the time, it was the first video game I played on something other than my Atari 2600. Hell, I was sold just on the concept art.

Hm, I'm not actually sure. I remember playing the crap out of bunch of sega megadrive games but I don't think I ever managed to beat any of them.

And I don't think I saved the world on any N64 games either.

Damn, I have no idea.

Destroying the Citadel at the end of HL2, but the first time I felt really good about it was defeating Jack of Blades in Fable. Technically, I saved Albion, but it was a big deal for me back then. I'm a little too tired to elaborate, but my first Fable playthrough was one of the most positively influential moments of my life for a number of reasons.

Captcha: Drink Milk.

Don't mind if I do.

That's not a tear in my eye, it's just dusty in here...

Spyro 2. I remember being over joyed as I saw Ripto plunge into the lava on his iron bird. Ohhh yeah.

I don't even remember. Especially if we're only going by 'saved the world'.

The very first Sonic the Hedghog for the Sega Mastersystem.

Putting down the forces of NOD in Command and Conquer, Tiberian Dawn.

I Saved the Princess in Mario 64,
The the Galaxy in Lylat Wars (Starfox 64), (If that counts :)
Then the World in Ocarina of Time...

The first time I 'saved' the world, billions dies. Out of the entire planet's population, Only a few hundred thousand survived, and they didn't even know they had.
It looked like this:

Troublesome Lagomorph:
Spyro 2. I remember being over joyed as I saw Ripto plunge into the lava on his iron bird. Ohhh yeah.

Until they retconned his return in an awful sequel.
OT: This, or possibly ridding the world of maniacal swine by throwing their leaders into magical bags in Tombi 2.
Yeah, 'twas awesome.

Spyro 3
Seeing the Sorceress slowly sink screaming into the blue...lava(?) was the first of many satisfying world-saving actions

I stopped the moon crashing into the earth and wiping out life as we know. Pretty proud of myself.

Definition of 'Saved' 'world' 'first' have been blurred by my brain over the years...

Mushroom Kingdom - saved - Super Mario World
Middle East - Peace Achieved - U.N. Squadron
Hyrule - Princess Saved - The Legend of Zelda
Mars - Bunny Avenged - Doom
Earth - Evolution Acheived, Dark Gaia Destroyed, Peace for the Futrue - The Illusion of Gaia

So If you call it down on the world, this world, Earth. My First would be the Illusion of Gaia

edit: The above list is not in any particular order of beaten first, just in a general 'when I can remember my earliest'

Ah, yes. I do. It looked a bit like this:

James Bond - Tomorrow never dies on the ps1. That, formula 1 '98 and the original worms were the first 3 games i got with my playstation at aged 5.

Da Orky Man:
The first time I 'saved' the world, billions dies. Out of the entire planet's population, Only a few hundred thousand survived, and they didn't even know they had.
It looked like this:

What game is that? It sounds awesome

OT: Final Fantasy IX. I saved the world from a war criminal whose ego was so large that he became a nihilist due to his realisation he wasn't the best and wasn't immortal.

For the life of me I can't remember the last game I played in which the world was at stake...

I suppose actually you could say the world is at stake in Deus Ex storylines so I'll say it was DE:HR.

EDIT:

Oh *first* time, not latest time... Uhm then I really couldn't say. I suppose completing Goldeneye might have implied it?

Super Mario Land on the Game Boy Pocket. I guess that might be more saving the princess rather than the world, but it was the first game that I completed and at an age where I usually didn't finish games due to being immensely thick (I was only like 5 at the time). So it was kind of a big deal for me, even if I may have thought him kissing a girl was gross at the time. XD

The Rockerfly:

Da Orky Man:
It looked like this:

What game is that? It sounds awesome

OT: Final Fantasy IX. I saved the world from a war criminal whose ego was so large that he became a nihilist due to his realisation he wasn't the best and wasn't immortal.

It was Homeworld, a truly excellent 1999 space strategy game, the first to have full 3d movement. A rather depressing game at times, especially the beginning, but really worth playing.

That's a tough one. I remember that I didn't finish anything on the NES, but I did on the Sega Genesis, so if saving the city counts, I did in Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage.

If not, then Croc: Legend of the Gobbos on the PS1. You save a kingdom...and it probably counts as a world(?).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked