Mass Effect: Characters who would have been cool squad members

Pages PREV 1 2

Approval for Kirrahe, Aria, and Reeghar from me.

Also, Shiala (Uber-Zen Asari Commando? Yes please!) and Balak. I've seen plenty of requests for a Batarian, but it would have to be Balak specifically for me. I can just imagine him and my Vanguard Shep at each-others throats the whole game over who's race has been more of a dick to the other, and then at the ending, when you're saying your goodbyes at the FOB in London, he says to you...

"Shepard... I just thought you should know. I may detest your kind, and I may be bound by the pride and glory in my blood to keep fighting you if we both survive this day. However, the Reapers do not care for our wars, and I am unable to deny your skill as a warrior. You may be Human, but on this day, you are my brother."

It's one thing to hear people who always loved you gush about how much of a hero you are, but to me, earning the respect of someone who previously showed nothing but disdain or dislike towards you, even if the delivery of it may be stubborn and lukewarm, carries so much more weight. It was for this reason that for me, in the actual game, the most touching goodbye was between Shepard and Javik, followed closely by EDI (ok they never actually disliked each-other, but until the third game they never really had any one on one connection, so to hear "but only now do I feel alive. That is your influence" at the end caused a sizable lump in my throat).

Gonna echo a few of the suggestions from above - Kal'Reegar and Kirrahe would have been awesome.

Aria would also have been awesome too, though I don't really think it would ever have made sense in a story context (ie: how would it make sense to have Aria following Shepard all over the galaxy taking orders from him/her?). I guess it could work specifically for the Omega DLC though.

Kolyat could have been interesting, though it would raise the issue of whether running around the galaxy shooting people is really the life Thane wanted for his son...

RJ 17:

Zhougdog:
I was really hoping Aria would be a squadmate in ME3, I don't really know why though.

Aria was going to be my suggestion. One of the first things she says to you in ME 3 is that she understands the galaxy is in deep shit, "It won't matter WHERE I'm sitting if you don't defeat the Reapers." That said, I don't think it'd be too far of a stretch for her to cut a deal, agreeing to work with you (as a Vanguard class) in exchange for you helping her retake Omega.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that they come out with a Retake Omega DLC. :3

Why should she join us on the mission when she can just have us do all her dirty work? Isn't this what she has been preaching since ME2?

William Ossiss:

RJ 17:

Zhougdog:
I was really hoping Aria would be a squadmate in ME3, I don't really know why though.

Aria was going to be my suggestion. One of the first things she says to you in ME 3 is that she understands the galaxy is in deep shit, "It won't matter WHERE I'm sitting if you don't defeat the Reapers." That said, I don't think it'd be too far of a stretch for her to cut a deal, agreeing to work with you (as a Vanguard class) in exchange for you helping her retake Omega.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that they come out with a Retake Omega DLC. :3

Why should she join us on the mission when she can just have us do all her dirty work? Isn't this what she has been preaching since ME2?

She does have you doing her dirty work. She gives you information and then afterwords asks a favor of you. If anything it was a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" type of arrangement. Just like the one in ME 3, get her the mercs and she'll get them to fight for you.

I'd have liked randel enzo from that infiltraitor game, simply because I detest edi being a squad mate and he would have worked in the cerberus mission, also he's a sentinel and because even if I kept kaiden alive he's in hospital for such a long time he's useless.

"Oh, and do try to keep blood stains off the carpet, would you?"

Easily the most posh, suave, sophisticated and urbane Turian in the whole series. I was so disappointed that he never made a cameo in the sequels.

EDIT:

Although, if we're really talking about more practical squaddies, you can do a lot worse than a grizzled old general past his prime:

Yes, I'm unhealthily infatuated with Turians. Don't judge me.

I don't really have any new people that I wanted to be squad members, although i was really annoyed when i found out that all but 2 of the squad mates it Mass Effect 3 (excluding Javik) were from the first game...

I liked how the characters from ME2 made an appearance and became war assets, but still, i would have loved for one or two of them to join me as squad mates again... oh well, GARRUS AWAYYYYY!!!

That batarian guy from Bring down the Sky and who had a Cameo in ME3 hell he could have been a replacement for Boring Bland Vega and have the same "Perspective for new players" vibe also BLASTO why BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING BLASTO!!!!

Clearly any Krogan (Not one in ME3? :( )
Also Kal'reegar, because he's the god damn hero of Canton.

Konrad Verner!

That is all.

TheJJBL:
I'd have liked randel enzo from that infiltraitor game, simply because I detest edi being a squad mate and he would have worked in the cerberus mission, also he's a sentinel and because even if I kept kaiden alive he's in hospital for such a long time he's useless.

Point taken, but she's never actually done anything herself (aside from that Shadow Broker ship vid...I think.)

Elcor. Elcor all the way. It could use it's back cannon as a ranged weapon, and it's melee could be like the Charger from L4D.

I was bummed that the did nothing with Anderson in ME3. You got him as a temporary squadmate in the beginning but he was basically a soldier clone (iirc) and that was for only like 5 minutes. But then I guess it wouldn't make sense having an Admiral running around doing the grunt work that shepard does.

I would have liked to have Shiala (the green Asari) join up if conditions were met. The way they handled her in Mass Effect 3, after bringing her back in 2, was such a let down. And as a joke, I would have loved to have had Conrad as a squad mate. You have to be nice to him in all three games, he has to survive all three games, and then he turns out to be the best character in the game. And Shepard has to wonder, "Wow, maybe I should have taken him with me from the start." I think that would have been amazing.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked