Dead Space 3 Needs 5 Million Sales Or Franchise Goes Bust, Says EA

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

This doesn't make that big of a deal... I mean, three Dead Spaces is probably enough, no? How many Dead Spaces do you need? Seriously though. You can read this as 'We're not looking forward to make another Dead Space. That said, if it sells five million copies, we'll give you six packs of DLC and a part four. And five. All in the same year.'

rodeolifant:
This doesn't make that big of a deal... I mean, three Dead Spaces is probably enough, no? How many Dead Spaces do you need? Seriously though. You can read this as 'We're not looking forward to make another Dead Space. That said, if it sells five million copies, we'll give you six packs of DLC and a part four. And five. All in the same year.'

unless Dead Spaces 3 ending is really really bad.....0_0

bullshit you greedy assholes. I love how they keep throwing out bullshit (as in either completely invented or misleadingly described) statistics in an attempt to get people to stop hating them for being jerks to their customers.

rodeolifant:

True enough. I'd rather the series have some real closure than be dragged out just for the sake of it like so many good TV series...

Good thing they ended the trilogy when they did then!

krazykidd:
Wait wait ... Do they need to sell 5 million copies? Or make 5 million dollors in profit ? Because what you title says and what the OP says are two different things . There is no way DS3 is selling 5 million copies so if that's what they are aimin for , they are screwed . 5 million dollors in profit is possible though , but still a Pretty high number . Exactly how many copies of the games needs to be sold to generate 5 million dollars in profit?

well it only takes 83000 copies to make 5 million dollars. If you figure that they'll sell 2 million units like the other two games, and assume it costs $20 million to produce, and they have $100 million in advertising (this is likely WAY MORE than reality - only the biggest games, like Battlefield and COD actually get that much) than it cost $120 million to make the games. so. They will break even with 2 million dollars in sales, assuming each one sold is sold at $60.

But realistically it'll cost them probably half that number to produce. Which means it SHOULD be ridiculously easy to make a $5 million profit.

I personally don't blame EA as much as other people. A. I like their products. B. They're just trying to figure out how to be productive in today's gaming market. Gaming is changing from a niche hobby to a mainstream medium, who's potential is unprescidented. The business practices established by the end of this decade will probably rule gaming for another 20-30 years. EA is at the forefront of establishing those practices... they're just going through growing pains to get there.

Isn't it enough that they already butchered the Dead Space series by slowly making it from RE4 to RE5? Or did they do that so they can create a master plan to destroy Visceral? Because clearly I see some close relations to the Ultima Series.

From what I have seen of dead space 3, the dead space I liked (not loved, was far from the perfect game) is already dead.....

This would make me happy. The Dead Space franchise is on my list of games that are too poorly executed for birthright, so now I'm crossing my fingers.

It's like when THQ said Homefront needed 2 million sold copies in pre-orders and at launch for it to give Warhammer: Dark Millenium Online the budget it needed. We all know how that went. Military shooter fans =/= Warhammer 40K fans (exclusively) and the whole "we hold this franchise hostage until X meets our demands!" bullshit doesn't help.

But yeah, Dead Space. One of my major gripes. The rest of the list:

-Gears of War
-Grand Theft Auto
-The Sims
-Call of Duty
-Zynga's entire catalogue
-Ubisoft's entire catalogue
-Anything Warcraft/ Starcraft related
-Doom and Quake

I hope I get to see all of these perish and the talent tied up in them put on more meaningful games before I leave this blue ball.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked