So I installed the Morrowind Overhaul Mod...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Just installed the overhaul mod, now when I start up the game I get a error message saying "Missing Master file TR_Data" and "TR_map 2" anyone know how to fix it?

Andrewtheeviscerator:
Just installed the overhaul mod, now when I start up the game I get a error message saying "Missing Master file TR_Data" and "TR_map 2" anyone know how to fix it?

Best I can recommend is to delete the mod and Morrowind, and then do a fresh install, making sure you follow every direction to the letter.

I am hoping for someone to do a "requiem for a wasteland" mod for morrowind/oblivion/skyrim.

I play Morroblivion instead of the Morrowind overhaul. Morrowind quests with Unnecessary Violence mod is nice.

2012 Wont Happen:
I play Morroblivion instead of the Morrowind overhaul. Morrowind quests with Unnecessary Violence mod is nice.

Yeah, but, IIRC, you get all the broken nonsense of Oblivion, and lose so many weapons like spears, katanas, tantos and wakizashis.

kyosai7:

2012 Wont Happen:

Yeah, but, IIRC, you get all the broken nonsense of Oblivion, and lose so many weapons like spears, katanas, tantos and wakizashis.

I never used the super exotic weapons anyway. Other than that its better. Also there is a project underway to voice act it. That excites me.

Question: Does this overhaul fix the data overflow that eventually causes a system error? I enjoy playing, and I've gotten the overflow to a minimum by saving often ... but eventually even saving won't be able to clear the buffers, and I'll get a memory error that crashes me to my desktop.

I never played Morrowind, I'm one of those scum that started the TES series with Oblivion. Even then, it was a gift from a friend. I did, however, invest into Skyrim. Currently level... 11... I think. Never got into the games very much.

But that's one hell of an overhaul. Clearly it took some serious work to get everything up to that level of graphics quality.

Aside from that, it'd be interesting to hear how the overall changes have affected the gameplay from the original release to this one.

repurchased morrowind (having originally got it as an original purchase with my xbox WAAAY back in the day) and downloaded overhaul 3.0 yesterday. Finishing up character creation, I took the silt strider and greeted my old friend balmora. Joined the fighters guild, mages guild and thiefs guild straight up, so as to avoid refusal of invite later. Gonna check out imperial legion next...

To those curious about the overhaul, Basically the overhaul has vastly enhanced graphics whilst retaining the core gameplay of morrowind, with some slight tweaks (all optional during the lengthy overhaul installation process). The environments and architecture in particular look better than oblivion and only slightly inferior to skyrim, however character models are still unfortunately blocky, and despite what I am sure was a titanic effort, character models and NPC movement has lagged behind. NPCs seem to lack a few too many frames when moving and look like robots when gliding around... a pity, but by no means gamebreaking.

Players whom have jumped in at skyrim should beware; overhaul has really only made graphical improvements; gameplay is still based off a hidden dice rolling system, and as such the RPG elements of the game are significantly more pronounced than bethesda's more recent games. Morrowind will not handhold you through questing either; expect frequent referrals to your journal and a heavy dose of exploration; there are no quest marker arrows on your map or on NPC's heads :D It's a purer, more focused RPG game than the more recent fallout and elder scrolls games, more akin to pen and paper RPGs than modern PC rpgs. The RPG and questing systems will chew up and spit out those whom are unaware; starting off is gruesome, but well worth the investment.

I'd highly recommend it for players whom played morrowind, it's just like you remember only prettier. Skyrim newbies beware; this is your granddaddies RPG. Keep in mind that morrowind showed the world what 3D rpgs could really do, and my an inspitation for gameings concept of open world sandbox came from this beauty.

Fappy:
Since you guys are talking about some meta game silliness I guess I can expose one of my greatest trade secrets in this game. Make Acrobatics a minor skill and jump everywhere you go for the first 15-20 hours of the game. Not only will you actually go faster, but you'll also level up Strength faster. Only downside is that you'll be totally winded if you run into enemies, but if you stick to the roads you generally don't run into anything too powerful.

I go this burned so deep into my skull that I even tend to jump all the time when playing GW2 T_T (or any other game, really)
also MW love thread, yaaaay

I do have one question to ask about Morrowind seeing as i have never played it...Does it have the option of having a beard?

I found the tyranical Beard laws of Tiber Septim to be very odd and jarring, and it's one of those Area's i view Skyrim as being Superior and i have always wanted to know if people did indeed have facial hair in Morrowind or was Oblivion just weird because of an insane emperor who made men everywhere miserable due to his inability to grow any facial hair?

Yes i know this is a silly/odd question but i feel it's important enough to warrant asking.

Infernai:
I do have one question to ask about Morrowind seeing as i have never played it...Does it have the option of having a beard?

I found the tyranical Beard laws of Tiber Septim to be very odd and jarring, and it's one of those Area's i view Skyrim as being Superior and i have always wanted to know if people did indeed have facial hair in Morrowind or was Oblivion just weird because of an insane emperor who made men everywhere miserable due to his inability to grow any facial hair?

Yes i know this is a silly/odd question but i feel it's important enough to warrant asking.

There's no beard-creation menu in the char-creation, but I think some of the available face options have beards, not sure.
EDIT: ok, double checked: some do, most don't.

Anyone know how the Overhaul mod compares to the Morroblivion mod?

Never mind, I really should learn to read further down the thread.

I only have one problem with the overhaul, and with morrowind normal really. The combat...I still find it very annoying and boring to click attack god knows how many times before finally hitting an attack. It looked stupid and weird back then, and it still does.

Otherwise, the game is still incredibly awesome.

octafish:
Have they made the map any bigger or is it still just as claustrophobic? I couldn't stand Morrowind coming from Daggerfall, same with Oblivion, Skyrim is still small but somehow bearable.

You should download the Tamriel Rebuilt mod http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/.
It adds the rest of mainland Morrowind (name the game Morrowind, only feature an island named Vvardenfell about the 1/6th the size of Morrowind itself? great idea...). The project isn't finished yet, but you can still download the finished and polished parts so far. The added content should give you a lot of new lands to discover, complete with quests and NPCs.
I haven't tried this with the Overhaul mod yet, but it worked wonders with a bunch of tohers mod I tried in the past.

Andrewtheeviscerator:

That looks like the data files for Tamriel Rebuilt. Have you installed it before by any chance? Might be some conflict going on.

Still prefer Morroblivion to Overhauls.Never could stand the morrowind mechanics and more mods for Oblivion's engine.I only hope Skywind will sometime finish so i can test that as well

Andrewtheeviscerator:

Don't install it into your program files(if you are on windows) put it under C/Marrowind. Program files dose something funky and it doesn't gel well with Marrowind. I had the same problem uninstall it then install it there.

its times like these which makes me want a beefyer pc, hell i can handle skyrim, but i know dang well that there's no point in me installing this unless i want a clunky game.

EmperorZoltan:
...however character models are still unfortunately blocky, and despite what I am sure was a titanic effort, character models and NPC movement has lagged behind. NPCs seem to lack a few too many frames when moving and look like robots when gliding around... a pity, but by no means gamebreaking.

I'd guess they didn't feel like competing with Better Bodies, by far the most popular body mesh replacer, and the one that almost any armor and clothing mod is made for.

Ah. That game.
Went in trying to have fun twice. Couldn't get into it, gave the fuck up after a couple hours.
Guess I'm just shallow and... shallow.

Fappy:

Eddy-16:
Did they just make it look pretty or did they fix the shite on a bike combat?

Combat mechanics were tweaked from a balance standpoint (if you opt to use the fixes), but the combat is still very much the same. I don't really mind it, though I admit it is the game's main weak-point.

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes morrowinds combat more than skyrim/oblivion.

it just....feels more fun to me. Skyrim combat gets sort of...cheesy? i dunno, i just don't like it as much.

Verzin:

Fappy:

Eddy-16:

Combat mechanics were tweaked from a balance standpoint (if you opt to use the fixes), but the combat is still very much the same. I don't really mind it, though I admit it is the game's main weak-point.

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes morrowinds combat more than skyrim/oblivion.

it just....feels more fun to me. Skyrim combat gets sort of...cheesy? i dunno, i just don't like it as much.

I vastly prefer Skyrim's combat is practice, but hate how empty it feels compared to Morrowind. Morrowind's more RPG-heavy system made it feel like you were winning because you built your character well. Skyrim had this, but not to the same degree.

The overhaul certainly is a thing of beauty. My only complaint is that torches don't really help with the complete darkness of night time and some indoor areas image

Norrdicus:
The overhaul certainly is a thing of beauty. My only complaint is that torches don't really help with the complete darkness of night time and some indoor areas image

I thought that was just a glitch I was uniquely experiencing. If not then.... there are some literally pitch black areas in the game if you use this mod. Make sure you get night eye or something similar early on folks!

Fappy:
I thought that was just a glitch I was uniquely experiencing. If not then.... there are some literally pitch black areas in the game if you use this mod. Make sure you get night eye or something similar early on folks!

It might also be that some settings in the mod need adjusting, but that looks like such a messy process that I won't even bother.

If anything good came from that, it's that 1) Dremora in the dark are absolutely terrifying with the red glowing pattern on their face

2) It made me go to an enchanter and get me a shirt of 40 points of permanent Night-Eye. It was a good money-sink, I was swimming in cash

Verzin:

Fappy:

Eddy-16:

You're not, I vastly prefer it over Oblivion's, and marginally prefer it to Skyrim's. Although I think all of the combat systems are awful, Morrowind's is just more bearable because most combat encounters are much, much shorter than in Skyrim and especially Oblivion.

xefaros:
Still prefer Morroblivion to Overhauls.Never could stand the morrowind mechanics and more mods for Oblivion's engine.I only hope Skywind will sometime finish so i can test that as well

Sure, there may be more mods for Oblivion, but there are more mods that actually affect Morrowind if you play Morrowind proper. By playing Morroblivion, you're missing out on great stuff like Tamriel Rebuilt or BTB's Game Improvements. Plus, you don't get to use many essential game mechanics like levitation.

Also, fuck Skywind. OpenMW (a new, open source engine for Morrowind) is shaping up to be better in every way and has a much better chance of actually being finished to a point where it is equal to Morrowind proper.

Also, an aside. Somebody really needs to make a Morrowind user group, if there isn't one already.

ohnoitsabear:
-Snip-

I'd be shocked and appalled if one didn't exist already.

Fappy:

ohnoitsabear:
-Snip-

After two minutes of intense searching, I am unable to find any. This disappoints me greatly.

ohnoitsabear:

Fappy:

ohnoitsabear:
-Snip-

After two minutes of intense searching, I am unable to find any. This disappoints me greatly.

Well then, we should make one!

ohnoitsabear:

Also, fuck Skywind. OpenMW (a new, open source engine for Morrowind) is shaping up to be better in every way and has a much better chance of actually being finished to a point where it is equal to Morrowind proper.

Also, an aside. Somebody really needs to make a Morrowind user group, if there isn't one already.

Oh yeah, you're the guy who linked to OpenMW on the Skywind thread. Thanks for that link by the way, the whole thing looks highly promising, even if it will force me to get rid of Melian's Teleport Mod (basically, adds the ability to have as many marks as you want, teleport companions with you, and summon companions at will. It's the only MWSE-dependent mod I use, because it's just so damn convenient...).

But anyways, Skywind does have one advantage: I can Fus Ro Dah Dagoth Ur into the lava in the Akulakhan room. Won't kill him, granted, but damn will it feel good...

Also, if there is a Morrowind user group, I need to go join.

Spiritofpower:

ohnoitsabear:

Oh yeah, you're the guy who linked to OpenMW on the Skywind thread. Thanks for that link by the way, the whole thing looks highly promising, even if it will force me to get rid of Melian's Teleport Mod (basically, adds the ability to have as many marks as you want, teleport companions with you, and summon companions at will. It's the only MWSE-dependent mod I use, because it's just so damn convenient...).

But anyways, Skywind does have one advantage: I can Fus Ro Dah Dagoth Ur into the lava in the Akulakhan room. Won't kill him, granted, but damn will it feel good...

Also, if there is a Morrowind user group, I need to go join.

Honestly, if they can somehow keep dragons in Skywind, how epic would it be to face one down in the middle of Balmora?

kyosai7:

ohnoitsabear:

Fappy:

Well then, we should make one!

If any of you guys start one throw me an invite!

Ok i need to ask since you guys seem up to date with this, i don't think i checked it when clicking all the mods i wanted, but what the hell is tamriel rebuilt? I may have to completely reinstall Morrowind if i want it, May being the key word because I'm not 100% how the launcher for the overhaul works, but you guys are praising the fuck out of it and id like to know what it does.

Okay, I just created the Morrowind fan club and am currently getting things set up for it. Anybody should be able to join it, so go crazy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked